PDA

View Full Version : Pretty cool stuff! Good job NYC

Chloe
08-02-2015, 07:55 PM
NEW YORK (AP) — Dozens of people stopped in Manhattan intersections gazing at photos of endangered animals shining on the side of the Empire State Building.

Organizers say the Saturday night event was a first-of-its-kind live video projection.

It drew large crowds of spectators, many taking photos with their smartphones.

Images of endangered animals, including birds, tigers, bears and other creatures, shined on the south side of one of the city's most iconic landmarks.

The event was meant to spark conversations about mass extinction.

It was organized as part of a promotion for a new Discovery Channel documentary, Racing Extinction, which is set to air in December.

Photos of endangered animals shine on Empire State Building | Entertainment News | KATU.com - Portland News, Sports, Traffic Weather and Breaking News - Portland, Oregon (http://www.katu.com/news/entertainment/Photos-of-endangered-animals-shine-on-Empire-State-Building--320430732.html)

PolWatch
08-02-2015, 07:59 PM
That is a unique publicity stunt....very effective.

texan
08-02-2015, 10:40 PM
cool looking, not sure why NYC gets a good job comment tho.

Archer0915
08-02-2015, 10:58 PM
It would be great any other time but at this point it is a distraction!

Chloe
08-03-2015, 01:41 AM
It would be great any other time but at this point it is a distraction!

Sometimes I think for some people there's never a right time for a good message.

donttread
08-03-2015, 06:22 AM
NEW YORK (AP) — Dozens of people stopped in Manhattan intersections gazing at photos of endangered animals shining on the side of the Empire State Building.

Organizers say the Saturday night event was a first-of-its-kind live video projection.

It drew large crowds of spectators, many taking photos with their smartphones.

Images of endangered animals, including birds, tigers, bears and other creatures, shined on the south side of one of the city's most iconic landmarks.

The event was meant to spark conversations about mass extinction.

It was organized as part of a promotion for a new Discovery Channel documentary, Racing Extinction, which is set to air in December.

Photos of endangered animals shine on Empire State Building | Entertainment News | KATU.com - Portland News, Sports, Traffic Weather and Breaking News - Portland, Oregon (http://www.katu.com/news/entertainment/Photos-of-endangered-animals-shine-on-Empire-State-Building--320430732.html)

Your kidding right? Again with the myth of the urban enviromentalist ?

Archer0915
08-03-2015, 06:33 AM
Sometimes I think for some people there's never a right time for a good message.

Cecil the Lion. Was this planned before or after he was killed? If before, coincidence - if after, distraction. I suppose I could qualify that by saying the Americans are easily manipulated and directed because if they had an attention span greater than a few seconds, we all would be better off.

Look a squirrel ---------------------------------------->

PolWatch
08-03-2015, 06:39 AM
I doubt that Cecil had anything to do with this publicity campaign for a TV documentary. Do you believe the Discovery Channel was able to produce a documentary since the publicity about Cecil began? The pictures were part of an advertising campaign and I suspect it has been in the works for months.

Archer0915
08-03-2015, 06:48 AM
I doubt that Cecil had anything to do with this publicity campaign for a TV documentary. Do you believe the Discovery Channel was able to produce a documentary since the publicity about Cecil began? The pictures were part of an advertising campaign and I suspect it has been in the works for months.

Yup, I see. Sadly this:
Cecil wasn't included in the presentation originally but was added to honor him after he was killed, an Oceanic Preservation Society spokesperson said.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/02/travel/endangered-animals-empire-state-building-lights-feat/

Seriously this lion is dead, oh well! In the meantime how may are dead at the hands of ISIS? Hillarys e-Mails?,.

PolWatch
08-03-2015, 07:09 AM
I think a photo could be added at the last minute....but I doubt the entire event (and documentary) was scheduled and executed because of the lion.

Archer0915
08-03-2015, 07:32 AM
I think a photo could be added at the last minute....but I doubt the entire event (and documentary) was scheduled and executed because of the lion.

Photo was added! Come on I provided a link and everything! The slide show was coincidence, adding Cecil was not.

But it is definitely cool.

PolWatch
08-03-2015, 07:42 AM
Photo was added! Come on I provided a link and everything! The slide show was coincidence, adding Cecil was not.

your link doesn't say that....

'Cecil wasn't included in the presentation originally but was added to honor him after he was killed, an Oceanic Preservation Society spokesperson said.'

The publicity campaign was planned before Cecil's death. He was added at the last minute.

Archer0915
08-03-2015, 07:49 AM
your link doesn't say that....

'Cecil wasn't included in the presentation originally but was added to honor him after he was killed, an Oceanic Preservation Society spokesperson said.'

The publicity campaign was planned before Cecil's death. He was added at the last minute.

Look I think we are having a communication issue here. I said it was added. The link says it was added. What I quoted from the link says it was added. What you have in quotation marks is something I already quoted.

Post 9:

Yup, I see. Sadly this:
Cecil wasn't included in the presentation originally but was added to honor him after he was killed, an Oceanic Preservation Society spokesperson said.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/02/travel/endangered-animals-empire-state-building-lights-feat/

Seriously this lion is dead, oh well! In the meantime how may are dead at the hands of ISIS? Hillarys e-Mails?,.

Evidently we have a miscommunication.

PolWatch
08-03-2015, 08:05 AM
I think you are right. I thought you were saying this was all created and staged because of the dead lion.

Archer0915
08-03-2015, 08:08 AM
I think you are right. I thought you were saying this was all created and staged because of the dead lion.

Initially I thought it was and you corrected my assumption. Still the capacity to do this is there. Hell how long did it take to set up the rainbow light show for the WH? Where was the red, white and blue for the 4th?

del
08-03-2015, 08:11 AM
Initially I thought it was and you corrected my assumption. Still the capacity to do this is there. Hell how long did it take to set up the rainbow light show for the WH? Where was the red, white and blue for the 4th?

http://s3media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/50/690/3690050.jpg

Chloe
08-03-2015, 03:50 PM
Some of you.....Any reason to poo poo on something good huh?

Hal Jordan
08-03-2015, 04:19 PM

Of course the Cecil photo was added deliberately. Increased promotion. It was actually a good promotional strategy to add it

Archer0915
08-03-2015, 04:35 PM
Sorry I thought it was another Cecil the lion thing. I humbly scoop poop now.