PDA

View Full Version : Bible Prophecy.....

MMC
08-05-2012, 04:19 PM
http://www.durfee.net/startrek/images/TOS079.jpg

Inquiry: Can it be construed today.....that the Russians, now sending their Troops into Syria. That this is the 5th Army Come down from the North for the Alleged battle of Armageddon? The Army of the West is there. Surrounding Iran and in the Persian Gulf. Has the Army of the East shown itself yet? The other players to the table are already there. :book1:

What do the Christians Say? What do the Semites? Are there any other Prophecies that would appear to connect and Produce to what we call today.....The Nostradamus Effect. :glasses11:

Goldie Locks
08-05-2012, 05:38 PM
Jesus will come like a thief in the night.

roadmaster
08-05-2012, 05:58 PM
I didn't see Russia come running against us in Iraq. Let Russia handle this one. As far as prophecy Goldie is correct. We can look for signs but no one will know the time or day not even the ones in Heaven.

MMC
08-06-2012, 01:31 PM
Well I wasnt looking for the Return on Christ. Just whether All the Armies of that scenario are now all in Play with the Russians being in Syria.

Spookycolt
09-05-2012, 12:46 AM
Russians have been in Syria for a long time.

They have a fricken naval base there.

wingrider
09-05-2012, 12:56 AM
actually if you read the text of Ezekiel 38 and 39.. it isn't Syria the Russians are supposed to attack but Israel, the Russians will be joined by Iran , Libia and a couple others, here I will post the chapters so you all can read them for yourselves,,

38 And the word of the Lord came unto me, saying,
2 Son of man, set thy face against Gog, the land of Magog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal, and prophesy against him,
3 And say, Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I am against thee, O Gog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal:
4 And I will turn thee back, and put hooks into thy jaws, and I will bring thee forth, and all thine army, horses and horsemen, all of them clothed with all sorts of armour, even a great company with bucklers and shields, all of them handling swords:
5 Persia, Ethiopia, and Libya with them; all of them with shield and helmet:
6 Gomer, and all his bands; the house of Togarmah of the north quarters, and all his bands: and many people with thee.
7 Be thou prepared, and prepare for thyself, thou, and all thy company that are assembled unto thee, and be thou a guard unto them.
8 After many days thou shalt be visited: in the latter years thou shalt come into the land that is brought back from the sword, and is gathered out of many people, against the mountains of Israel, which have been always waste: but it is brought forth out of the nations, and they shall dwell safely all of them.
9 Thou shalt ascend and come like a storm, thou shalt be like a cloud to cover the land, thou, and all thy bands, and many people with thee.
10 Thus saith the Lord God; It shall also come to pass, that at the same time shall things come into thy mind, and thou shalt think an evil thought:
11 And thou shalt say, I will go up to the land of unwalled villages; I will go to them that are at rest, that dwell safely, all of them dwelling without walls, and having neither bars nor gates,
12 To take a spoil, and to take a prey; to turn thine hand upon the desolate places that are now inhabited, and upon the people that are gathered out of the nations, which have gotten cattle and goods, that dwell in the midst of the land.
13 Sheba, and Dedan, and the merchants of Tarshish, with all the young lions thereof, shall say unto thee, Art thou come to take a spoil? hast thou gathered thy company to take a prey? to carry away silver and gold, to take away cattle and goods, to take a great spoil?
14 Therefore, son of man, prophesy and say unto Gog, Thus saith the Lord God; In that day when my people of Israel dwelleth safely, shalt thou not know it?
15 And thou shalt come from thy place out of the north parts, thou, and many people with thee, all of them riding upon horses, a great company, and a mighty army:
16 And thou shalt come up against my people of Israel, as a cloud to cover the land; it shall be in the latter days, and I will bring thee against my land, that the heathen may know me, when I shall be sanctified in thee, O Gog, before their eyes.
17 Thus saith the Lord God; Art thou he of whom I have spoken in old time by my servants the prophets of Israel, which prophesied in those days many years that I would bring thee against them?
18 And it shall come to pass at the same time when Gog shall come against the land of Israel, saith the Lord God, that my fury shall come up in my face.
19 For in my jealousy and in the fire of my wrath have I spoken, Surely in that day there shall be a great shaking in the land of Israel;
20 So that the fishes of the sea, and the fowls of the heaven, and the beasts of the field, and all creeping things that creep upon the earth, and all the men that are upon the face of the earth, shall shake at my presence, and the mountains shall be thrown down, and the steep places shall fall, and every wall shall fall to the ground.
21 And I will call for a sword against him throughout all my mountains, saith the Lord God: every man's sword shall be against his brother.
22 And I will plead against him with pestilence and with blood; and I will rain upon him, and upon his bands, and upon the many people that are with him, an overflowing rain, and great hailstones, fire, and brimstone.
23 Thus will I magnify myself, and sanctify myself; and I will be known in the eyes of many nations, and they shall know that I am the Lord.

wingrider
09-05-2012, 12:57 AM
39 Therefore, thou son of man, prophesy against Gog, and say, Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I am against thee, O Gog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal:
2 And I will turn thee back, and leave but the sixth part of thee, and will cause thee to come up from the north parts, and will bring thee upon the mountains of Israel:
3 And I will smite thy bow out of thy left hand, and will cause thine arrows to fall out of thy right hand.
4 Thou shalt fall upon the mountains of Israel, thou, and all thy bands, and the people that is with thee: I will give thee unto the ravenous birds of every sort, and to the beasts of the field to be devoured.
5 Thou shalt fall upon the open field: for I have spoken it, saith the Lord God.
6 And I will send a fire on Magog, and among them that dwell carelessly in the isles: and they shall know that I am the Lord.
7 So will I make my holy name known in the midst of my people Israel; and I will not let them pollute my holy name any more: and the heathen shall know that I am the Lord, the Holy One in Israel.
8 Behold, it is come, and it is done, saith the Lord God; this is the day whereof I have spoken.
9 And they that dwell in the cities of Israel shall go forth, and shall set on fire and burn the weapons, both the shields and the bucklers, the bows and the arrows, and the handstaves, and the spears, and they shall burn them with fire seven years:
10 So that they shall take no wood out of the field, neither cut down any out of the forests; for they shall burn the weapons with fire: and they shall spoil those that spoiled them, and rob those that robbed them, saith the Lord God.
11 And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will give unto Gog a place there of graves in Israel, the valley of the passengers on the east of the sea: and it shall stop the noses of the passengers: and there shall they bury Gog and all his multitude: and they shall call it The valley of Hamongog.
12 And seven months shall the house of Israel be burying of them, that they may cleanse the land.
13 Yea, all the people of the land shall bury them; and it shall be to them a renown the day that I shall be glorified, saith the Lord God.
14 And they shall sever out men of continual employment, passing through the land to bury with the passengers those that remain upon the face of the earth, to cleanse it: after the end of seven months shall they search.
15 And the passengers that pass through the land, when any seeth a man's bone, then shall he set up a sign by it, till the buriers have buried it in the valley of Hamongog.
16 And also the name of the city shall be Hamonah. Thus shall they cleanse the land.
17 And, thou son of man, thus saith the Lord God; Speak unto every feathered fowl, and to every beast of the field, Assemble yourselves, and come; gather yourselves on every side to my sacrifice that I do sacrifice for you, even a great sacrifice upon the mountains of Israel, that ye may eat flesh, and drink blood.
18 Ye shall eat the flesh of the mighty, and drink the blood of the princes of the earth, of rams, of lambs, and of goats, of bullocks, all of them fatlings of Bashan.
19 And ye shall eat fat till ye be full, and drink blood till ye be drunken, of my sacrifice which I have sacrificed for you.
20 Thus ye shall be filled at my table with horses and chariots, with mighty men, and with all men of war, saith the Lord God.
21 And I will set my glory among the heathen, and all the heathen shall see my judgment that I have executed, and my hand that I have laid upon them.
22 So the house of Israel shall know that I am the Lord their God from that day and forward.
23 And the heathen shall know that the house of Israel went into captivity for their iniquity: because they trespassed against me, therefore hid I my face from them, and gave them into the hand of their enemies: so fell they all by the sword.
24 According to their uncleanness and according to their transgressions have I done unto them, and hid my face from them.
25 Therefore thus saith the Lord God; Now will I bring again the captivity of Jacob, and have mercy upon the whole house of Israel, and will be jealous for my holy name;
26 After that they have borne their shame, and all their trespasses whereby they have trespassed against me, when they dwelt safely in their land, and none made them afraid.
27 When I have brought them again from the people, and gathered them out of their enemies' lands, and am sanctified in them in the sight of many nations;
28 Then shall they know that I am the Lord their God, which caused them to be led into captivity among the heathen: but I have gathered them unto their own land, and have left none of them any more there.
29 Neither will I hide my face any more from them: for I have poured out my spirit upon the house of Israel, saith the LordGod.

Spookycolt
09-05-2012, 01:01 AM
Predicting that there will be a war in the land called Israel is about a 100% safe bet simply due to its location and history.

Hardly prophecy.

I predict that there will be another war there eventually but that doesn't mean I'm a prophet or that God handed precious information to me.

Carygrant
09-05-2012, 01:47 AM
I am answering because I mistook Semites for seniles .
There is no Russian army going anywhere at the moment that I am aware of , save into Ingusettia and Dagestan .
I am not convinced that there is even a batallion of Spetsnaz around Damascus .
And I am not convinced that either Russia or the US ( meant NATO ) want to escalate matters to a pitch where one side feels metaphorically trapped --- keep options open is the smart move( Obama ) .
As for Biblical prophecy . . I would like to be reminded of just one that has come true in the last few thousand years ,
As for Nostradamus . He wasn't even in the seeing game until some fifth rate hack saw a new way of scamming money .
But all imho .

wingrider
09-05-2012, 02:25 AM
I am answering because I mistook Semites for seniles .
There is no Russian army going anywhere at the moment that I am aware of , save into Ingusettia and Dagestan .
I am not convinced that there is even a batallion of Spetsnaz around Damascus .
And I am not convinced that either Russia or the US ( meant NATO ) want to escalate matters to a pitch where one side feels metaphorically trapped --- keep options open is the smart move( Obama ) .
As for Biblical prophecy . . I would like to be reminded of just one that has come true in the last few thousand years ,
As for Nostradamus . He wasn't even in the seeing game until some fifth rate hack saw a new way of scamming money .
But all imho .
I will give you one within the last 70 years...

the re-establishment of Israel as a nation in 1948..

What is happening in Israel today? Jews from every country are returning to their home land. Does prophecy talk about this? Jeremiah 23:3 states "And I will gather the remnant of my flock out of all countries wither I have driven them, and will bring them again to their folds; and they shall be fruitful and increase" Isaiah 43:5 & 6 state Fear not: for I am with thee: I will bring thy seed from the east, and gather thee from the west; and I will say to the north, Give up; and to the south, Keep not back: bring my sons from afar, and my daughters from the ends of the earth;There is no doubt about it. The Jews are returning to their homeland from every corner of the earth. Prophecy is being fulfilled right before our eyes!

http://www.anunseenworld.com/bibleprophecy.html

shaarona
09-05-2012, 02:49 AM

Inquiry: Can it be construed today.....that the Russians, now sending their Troops into Syria. That this is the 5th Army Come down from the North for the Alleged battle of Armageddon? The Army of the West is there. Surrounding Iran and in the Persian Gulf. Has the Army of the East shown itself yet? The other players to the table are already there. :book1:

What do the Christians Say? What do the Semites? Are there any other Prophecies that would appear to connect and Produce to what we call today.....The Nostradamus Effect. :glasses11:

No that was the Scythians.. They invaded Palestine about 630 BC.

Spookycolt
09-05-2012, 04:43 PM
Nostradamus is not credible.

He has too many failed predictions to be counted anything more than a guy who's made some lucky guesses. He put enough out there that eventually he will get something right.

wingrider
09-05-2012, 05:51 PM
Nostradamus is not credible.

He has too many failed predictions to be counted anything more than a guy who's made some lucky guesses. He put enough out there that eventually he will get something right.
I agree. spookycolt..

Calypso Jones
09-05-2012, 06:02 PM
Like a thief in the night...sorta like no one expects...because everyone doubts His second coming. If I remember correctly, the Battle of Armageddon begins by the armies of the east and west coming into their positions....and the battle begins. IN the heat of the battle, Christ comes in with his heavenly army.

The first to come is the anti-christ that sets up a 7 year truce with Israel. At 3 1/2 years the treaty is broken. By the way, when Israel accepts that God-forsaken treaty God is so angry that Tribulation begins.

Sometimes i think we are in the 7 year period. The only thing that has to happen is for the anti-christ to suffer a mortal wound.

wingrider
09-05-2012, 06:15 PM
Like a thief in the night...sorta like no one expects...because everyone doubts His second coming. If I remember correctly, the Battle of Armageddon begins by the armies of the east and west coming into their positions....and the battle begins. IN the heat of the battle, Christ comes in with his heavenly army.
The first to come is the anti-christ that sets up a 7 year truce with Israel. At 3 1/2 years the treaty is broken. By the way, when Israel accepts that God-forsaken treaty God is so angry that Tribulation begins.

Sometimes i think we are in the 7 year period. The only thing that has to happen is for the anti-christ to suffer a mortal wound.

there is a difference between the Battle of Armedgedon and the war of ezekiel 38.

Ezekeil 38 has 5 or 6 armies arrayed agains Israel, in the Armegeddon battle of revelation... the antichrist had the Whole world arrayed against isreal.. it is my belief that he war of Exekiel 38 sets the stage of the antichrist rule,, and begins the 7 year tribulation..also I beieve when that war starts,, that is when the Christians are raptured,

Calypso Jones
09-05-2012, 06:43 PM
there is a difference between the Battle of Armedgedon and the war of ezekiel 38.

Ezekeil 38 has 5 or 6 armies arrayed agains Israel, in the Armegeddon battle of revelation... the antichrist had the Whole world arrayed against isreal.. it is my belief that he war of Exekiel 38 sets the stage of the antichrist rule,, and begins the 7 year tribulation..also I beieve when that war starts,, that is when the Christians are raptured,

that appears correct. What do you see happening...anything correlating with it now? That Ezekial 38 war, it is said that it will take seven months to bury the dead. That wouldn't be necessary at the battle of Armageddon. And actually, The battle of Armageddon doesn't take place until after the thousand year reign.

shaarona
09-05-2012, 06:46 PM

The Tribulation ended in 73 AD...

wingrider
09-05-2012, 07:04 PM
that appears correct. What do you see happening...anything correlating with it now? That Ezekial 38 war, it is said that it will take seven months to bury the dead. That wouldn't be necessary at the battle of Armageddon. And actually, The battle of Armageddon doesn't take place until after the thousand year reign.
I disagree..

Armageddon is the showdown between the LORD Jesus Christ and the Antichrist. In Antichrist's corner are all the weapons of the world, as well as Satan's lying wonders Jesus wins this battle with the spoken word and the antichrist and false prophet are cast into the lake of fire. .but at the end of thousand year reign of Christ and after satan has been bound for those years, Satan will be released for a little season to decieve the world again, this will be the final battle when Satan is cast into the the same lake of fire that the anitchrist and the fasle prohet are and have been for the predeeding 1000 years, this is in revelation 20.. so you see the the battles are entirely different.

Calypso Jones
09-05-2012, 07:21 PM
I disagree..

Armageddon is the showdown between the LORD Jesus Christ and the Antichrist. In Antichrist's corner are all the weapons of the world, as well as Satan's lying wonders Jesus wins this battle with the spoken word and the antichrist and false prophet are cast into the lake of fire. .but at the end of thousand year reign of Christ and after satan has been bound for those years, Satan will be released for a little season to decieve the world again, this will be the final battle when Satan is cast into the the same lake of fire that the anitchrist and the fasle prohet are and have been for the predeeding 1000 years, this is in revelation 20.. so you see the the battles are entirely different.

DUDE!! YOU are absofreakinglutely right. I bow to your superior knowledge.

wingrider
09-05-2012, 07:23 PM
The Tribulation ended in 73 AD...
I would like to see why you would state that theory.. and what your reasoning is based on.

shaarona
09-05-2012, 07:29 PM
I would like to see why you would state that theory.. and what your reasoning is based on.

Revelation is a letter written to the Seven Churches in language and symbolism that they understood perfectly well..

The faithful had suffered terribly and Jesus won.. The Word won.

And up until the Dust Bowl and the Great Depression , there was NO futuristic interpretation of Revelation.

wingrider
09-05-2012, 07:39 PM
Revelation is a letter written to the Seven Churches in language and symbolism that they understood perfectly well..

The faithful had suffered terribly and Jesus won.. The Word won.

And up until the Dust Bowl and the Great Depression , there was NO futuristic interpretation of Revelation.
sounds like conjecture on your part.. sorry but unless you can substantiate from history proof of your theory I have to respectfully disagree,

here is the thing to consider.. during the persecution of the christians it was man doing the persecution.. in revelation it is God pouring out his wrath on an unrepentant and disbelieving Mankind..
If the millenium kingdom had been set up in 73 AD. then I challenge you on two fronts,, one being this

and the Lion shall lay down with the lamb, and a child can stick his hand in a adders nest and not be harmed, also if the tribulation ended in 73 AD then Christ has already had his thousand year reign and satan woul already have been in the lake of fire for the last 1000 years, and we would have had the White throne judgement .. sorry but noe of that has happened yet

shaarona
09-05-2012, 07:54 PM
sounds like conjecture on your part.. sorry but unless you can substantiate from history proof of your theory I have to respectfully disagree,

here is the thing to consider.. during the persecution of the christians it was man doing the persecution.. in revelation it is God pouring out his wrath on an unrepentant and disbelieving Mankind..
If the millenium kingdom had been set up in 73 AD. then I challenge you on two fronts,, one being this

and the Lion shall lay down with the lamb, and a child can stick his hand in a adders nest and not be harmed, also if the tribulation ended in 73 AD then Christ has already had his thousand year reign and satan woul already have been in the lake of fire for the last 1000 years, and we would have had the White throne judgement .. sorry but noe of that has happened yet

Well the futuristic view of Revelation was popularized by Moody Bible Institute and the Dallas Theological Seminary..

Prior to the Dust Bowl and the Depression there was no Rapture etc.

For instance.. when Revelation speaks of Gog and Magog.. They were the Scythians.. and they were terrifying.. they came in fast on horseback with compound bows.. like locusts.

They did invade Palestine about 300 BC and then some stayed behind and built a city called Scythiopolis in the Decapolis.

wingrider
09-05-2012, 08:04 PM
here is the diiference Ezekeil says that the russian army and those with her will be destroyed so only 1/6 of them reamain.. this did not happen in 300 bc
Ephraem's Teaching on the Pre-Tribulation Rapture

"For all the saints and Elect of God are gathered, prior to the Tribulation that is to come, and are taken to the Lord lest they see the confusion that is to overwhelm the world because of our sins" (On the Last Times, the Antichrist, and the End of the World, by Ephraem the Syrian, A.D. 373).
http://www.mayimhayim.org/Academic%20Stuff/Pre-Tribulation%20Rapture.htm

read the whole article it is an eye opener.

shaarona
09-05-2012, 08:16 PM
here is the diiference Ezekeil says that the russian army and those with her will be destroyed so only 1/6 of them reamain.. this did not happen in 300 bc
Ephraem's Teaching on the Pre-Tribulation Rapture

"For all the saints and Elect of God are gathered, prior to the Tribulation that is to come, and are taken to the Lord lest they see the confusion that is to overwhelm the world because of our sins" (On the Last Times, the Antichrist, and the End of the World, by Ephraem the Syrian, A.D. 373).
http://www.mayimhayim.org/Academic Stuff/Pre-Tribulation Rapture.htm

read the whole article it is an eye opener.

There was never any prophesy written more than a hundred years out... so why would John of Patmos ignore the real and pressing needs of those first century Christians to talk to you about NYC as Babylon or Russia as Gog and Magog 2000 years into the future?

If you study the history of Palestine from the period of 500 BC to 200 AD, you will understand MOST of the symbolism of Revelation.

Like the fear that Nero would come back from the dead with an army of Parthians and start persecuting Christians once again.

wingrider
09-05-2012, 08:25 PM
never a prophecy written more that 100 years from its fulfillment,, I can show you lots of them but lets stick with just one,,David wrote the psalms correct? now David lived 1000 years before Christ was even born .. yet in PSalms 22 he vividly describes the crucifiction of Christ 800 years before the Romans used it for exeuting prisoners,,

thats one.

try this one for size

Zechariah 14 (http://biblebrowser.com/zechariah/14-1.htm) >> (http://biblebrowser.com/malachi/1-1.htm)
New American Standard Bible

12 (http://bible.cc/zechariah/14-12.htm)Now this will be the plague with which the LORD will strike all the peoples who have gone to war against Jerusalem; their flesh will rot while they stand on their feet, and their eyes will rot in their sockets, and their tongue will rot in their mouth.

this is a pretty darn good description of what happens to a human body during a nuclear blast,, this was written 2700 hundered years before the invention of the atomic bomb

shaarona
09-05-2012, 08:32 PM
never a prophecy written more that 100 years from its fulfillment,, I can show you lots of them but lets stick with just one,,David wrote the psalms correct? now David lived 1000 years before Christ was even born .. yet in PSalms 22 he vividly describes the crucifiction of Christ 800 years before the Romans used it for exeuting prisoners,,

thats one.

try this one for size

Zechariah 14 (http://biblebrowser.com/zechariah/14-1.htm) >> (http://biblebrowser.com/malachi/1-1.htm)

12 (http://bible.cc/zechariah/14-12.htm)Now this will be the plague with which the LORD will strike all the peoples who have gone to war against Jerusalem; their flesh will rot while they stand on their feet, and their eyes will rot in their sockets, and their tongue will rot in their mouth.

this is a pretty darn good description of what happens to a human body during a nuclear blast,, this was written 2700 hundered years before the invention of the atomic bomb

Maybe it would help to learn what a prophet was and what he did?

They were not future tellers.. They were the commentators on the society.. the conscience of the society as it were.. and MOST prophesy was written after the fact.

Captain Obvious
09-05-2012, 08:37 PM
This is like Godzilla vs. Monster X.

wingrider
09-05-2012, 08:49 PM
Maybe it would help to learn what a prophet was and what he did?

They were not future tellers.. They were the commentators on the society.. the conscience of the society as it were.. and MOST prophesy was written after the fact. I don't know if I can answer this diplomatically so I will just say it blunt.. you sir/maam are wrong.. as I have shown in at least 2 places the prophecy was fullfilled as much as 2700 hundred years after it was given,,

wingrider
09-05-2012, 08:51 PM
yep .. but this godzilla has bibical history on his side.

Calypso Jones
09-05-2012, 08:54 PM
impressive.

shaarona
09-05-2012, 08:55 PM

More like partial preterist.

The historical context is fascinating to me.. Jesus lived his whole life under brutal Roman occupation. Maybe that's why I really appreciate the breakthrough theology of the Sermon on the Mount. It was revolutionary.. non-violent liberation theology... a complete departure from the old ways... and an end to the old world.

Calypso Jones
09-05-2012, 08:56 PM
o. no. margot?

shaarona
09-05-2012, 09:17 PM
I don't know if I can answer this diplomatically so I will just say it blunt.. you sir/maam are wrong.. as I have shown in at least 2 places the prophecy was fullfilled as much as 2700 hundred years after it was given,,

I don't have a problem with those who believe that Russia is going to invade Israel or whatever.. Its certainly within your rights.

I just recall that Israel had been in-gathered twice long before 1948... and Revelation 21:22 is quite specific.

Carygrant
09-05-2012, 11:22 PM
[QUOTE=wingrider;122869]I will give you one within the last 70 years...

the re-establishment of Israel as a nation in 1948..Quote

I supposed I should appreciate your recognition of the close working relationship with God that the British have built up . And of course if it suits your mind set to see a man worked solution as God's handy work , so be it .
But to produce only one instance from several thousand years suggests God is slow , lazy and forgetful . And I am afraid that your one desperate attempted example cuts no ice whatsoever .
Unless you can prove that he is on incapacity benefits , I expect several hundred sensible examples a day from across the planet .

roadmaster
09-05-2012, 11:27 PM
If you don't know Him you will never understand. Wing is correct.

Carygrant
09-05-2012, 11:37 PM
If you don't know Him you will never understand. Wing is correct.

Fear not .
I know him very well . And believe me ( your constant plea) , you are in for a very big shock .
It's far better than you can imagine but not at all what you believe in .It's the real deal , not the Christian type eternal tea party with ovens in the basement .

Calypso Jones
09-05-2012, 11:46 PM
Fear not .
I know him very well . And believe me ( your constant plea) , you are in for a very big shock .
It's far better than you can imagine but not at all what you believe in .It's the real deal , not the Christian type eternal tea party with ovens in the basement .

oh boy. there you go again.

wingrider
09-05-2012, 11:56 PM
So the challenge has been cast,, I doubt you will read it but there are about 300 Prophecies Concerning Christ that were told from at least 1000 bc before his birth death burial and resurrection

http://www.accordingtothescriptures.org/prophecy/353prophecies.html

starting in Genesis and continuing through

Carygrant
09-06-2012, 01:05 AM
I don't know if I can answer this diplomatically so I will just say it blunt.. you sir/maam are wrong.. as I have shown in at least 2 places the prophecy was fullfilled as much as 2700 hundred years after it was given,,

Even if true , what an abysmal record over the time period . At least two a minute should be God's target .
Elsewhere you referred to the Israel situation as "proof" .
We will agree to differ because I find such "reasonoing " embarrassingly bankrupt .

And in my system , so does God .
Paul was another bigot who ended up rewriting matters to suit his personal strategy and view points . And what a fine mess that produced .

wingrider
09-06-2012, 01:24 AM
Even if true , what an abysmal record over the time period . At least two a minute should be God's target .
Elsewhere you referred to the Israel situation as "proof" .
We will agree to differ because I find such "reasonoing " embarrassingly bankrupt .

And in my system , so does God .
Paul was another bigot who ended up rewriting matters to suit his personal strategy and view points . And what a fine mess that produced . lets just leave it that you and I will never agree and let it go at that.. you give me opinion but that is all you have.. I have given bibical text to back my points.. TATA

Carygrant
09-06-2012, 01:46 AM
Won't let that go .
The Bible is not about facts fact though there are many included .Nor is it a special sort of facts Book containing Biblical Facts .
Logic does not work that way .
No . It is a collection of memoirs and scholars writing as victors .
Opinions .
And some of these opinions look very dodgy , being charitable , when read against earlier Essene manuscripts .

It is a matter of Fact ( Fact! ) that you and others were bought up conditioned to the Bible as it was then . Since we have seen the enormous amount of discovered new material , and old style Christianity is as out of date as is believing in a flat Earth , for example .

Repent Winger before God punishes you for the sin of pride !!!!!!!!!!!!!

wingrider
09-06-2012, 02:08 AM
Won't let that go .
The Bible is not about facts fact though there are many included .Nor is it a special sort of facts Book containing Biblical Facts .
Opinions .
And some of these opinions look very dodgy , being charitable , when read against earlier Essene manuscripts .

It is a matter of Fact ( Fact! ) that you and others were bought up conditioned to the Bible as it was then . Since we have seen the enormous amount of discovered new material , and old style Christianity is as out of date as is believing in a flat Earth , for example .

LMAO... now that was funny.. thanks for the chuckle

shaarona
09-06-2012, 07:55 AM
Won't let that go .
Opinions .

I find that sometimes it helps to put things in historical context.

To consider what "prophet" meant to the Jewish sages.

http://www.jewfaq.org/prophet.htm

wingrider
09-06-2012, 06:32 PM
simple definition of prophet ,, One who is called by God to deliver Gods pronouncements to the people.

shaarona
09-06-2012, 07:31 PM

thats one.

try this one for size

I have never seen what a nuclear blast does to a human body..

Leviticus and Deuteronomy were written during and after the Bbylonian exile.. Genesis and Exodus were written next.. That's why the stories of Gen. and Ex so closely resemble the far older mythos of Sumer and the Ugarit.

Or..... some scholars think that around 500 BC there was a major rewrite... Either way, the old testament text that have come down to us evolves around 539 BC or shortly there after.

wingrider
09-06-2012, 09:49 PM
I have never seen what a nuclear blast does to a human body..

Leviticus and Deuteronomy were written during and after the Bbylonian exile.. Genesis and Exodus were written next.. That's why the stories of Gen. and Ex so closely resemble the far older mythos of Sumer and the Ugarit.

Or..... some scholars think that around 500 BC there was a major rewrite... Either way, the old testament text that have come down to us evolves around 539 BC or shortly there after.
the first 5 books of the Torah were written by Moses, somewhere around 1400 BC.. so I don't get where your claim of the babylonian exile which was around 630 BC. also logic tells us that there had to be earlier writings of
the Torah because without it how could the priests ( Levites ) have taught the laws even David spoke of the commandments and his writings are dated to about 1000 BC.

you want to see the results of a nuclear explosion? check out the damage done to japan.. and read the reports of it

shaarona
09-06-2012, 11:02 PM
the first 5 books of the Torah were written by Moses, somewhere around 1400 BC.. so I don't get where your claim of the babylonian exile which was around 630 BC. also logic tells us that there had to be earlier writings of
the Torah because without it how could the priests ( Levites ) have taught the laws even David spoke of the commandments and his writings are dated to about 1000 BC.

you want to see the results of a nuclear explosion? check out the damage done to japan.. and read the reports of it

I haven't seen any photos of bodies such as you describe.

I don't think King David wrote all the Psalms... actually a little less than half are attributed to David.

There are no scholars that believe Moses wrote the Pentateuch.. Actually there are no scholars that believe the Exodus story as it is told.. and there is no evidence for it. There is evidence that Sinai belonged to Egypt and was under the control of Egyptian soldiers. The garrisons protected a number of Canaanite towns that were involved in mining , metallurgy and pottery making. These towns paid tribute to Pharaoh.

There are also a number of other problems having to do with pasture and water for an additional two million people and their herds of livestock. Sinai can't support that kind of population even now.

That doesn't mean the story doesn't have value.. Its a tale of redemption and forgiveness.

waltky
10-24-2012, 12:03 AM
Granny says, "Dat's right, it says in Joel inna Bible there gonna be swarms o' locusts right before the Day of the Lord - come Lord Jesus!...
:shocked:
Locust Swarms Forming in West Africa
October 23, 2012 - Four countries in West Africa have been put on alert for the likely arrival of swarms of Desert Locusts. If uncontrolled, a small swarm can eat the same amount of food in one day as 35-thousand people.

Locust swarms are currently forming in Chad, northern Mali and northern Niger. But expert Keith Cressman said they’re not expected to stay there very long. “As we’re at the end of the rainy season, the vegetation is drying out, conditions are becoming unfavorable for Desert Locusts, the swarms will then move. And they will move in a northerly direction, and we’re expecting them to move towards Libya, Algeria, parts of southern Morocco and northwestern Mauritania” said Cressman, Senior Locust Forecasting Officer for the U.N. Food and Agriculture Organization. He described the locusts’ arrival as imminent.

http://gdb.voanews.eu/2D3AC9C4-3E1D-4D8A-9F5D-A4FA59858C60_w640_r1_s.png

Locusts can be found just about any time of the year in the world’s deserts, but usually in low numbers. “However,” he said, “when conditions are extremely favorable – that is, where there are good rains in the desert and there’s natural vegetation that becomes green – those locusts can increase very rapidly in numbers, some 16-fold with every generation. When these locust numbers increase, they change their behavior from that of a solitarius locust to one that becomes part of a group. And they form what we call concentrations of locusts, which is commonly known as swarms.”

The locusts change their appearance, too. Wingless nymphs are normally green when in low numbers, but change to yellow and black in high numbers. Winged adults, which are normally brown, turn a bright pink and those ready to lay eggs are a bright yellow. A swarm can contain tens of millions of locusts. The FAO has been able to monitor the growing swarms in Niger and Chad. However, Cressman said northern Mali is another matter. Conflict has prevented survey teams from entering the area.

More Locust Swarms Forming in West Africa (http://www.voanews.com/content/west-africa-locusts-23oct12/1531616.html)

Ivan88
10-24-2012, 10:13 PM
All the Biblical Prophecies were fulfilled by Christ and His destruction of Jerusalem.

Everything since then is re-runs.

Christendom has had a 1000 Armageddons over the last 1900 years or so, all because they adopted Pharisee doctrines.

The war crazies can have another Armageddon if they insist.

But, Armageddon is not God's Will, Intent, Desire, nor is it Biblical or historical inevitability.

Haven't we had enough Armageddons already.

Furthermore, Russia is not Gog and Magog.
http://mysite.verizon.net/ress8ouv/whoisgogandmagogwellitaintrussia/

You war crazies keep it up. Mother nature's got a present for you. 817

shaarona
11-06-2012, 05:39 AM

What is happening in Israel today? Jews from every country are returning to their home land. Does prophecy talk about this? Jeremiah 23:3 states "And I will gather the remnant of my flock out of all countries wither I have driven them, and will bring them again to their folds; and they shall be fruitful and increase" Isaiah 43:5 & 6 state Fear not: for I am with thee: I will bring thy seed from the east, and gather thee from the west; and I will say to the north, Give up; and to the south, Keep not back: bring my sons from afar, and my daughters from the ends of the earth;There is no doubt about it. The Jews are returning to their homeland from every corner of the earth. Prophecy is being fulfilled right before our eyes!

The ingathering of Israelites happened twice long before 1948.

Carygrant
11-06-2012, 06:21 AM
Jesus will come like a thief in the night.

What? He's a burglar ?
He won't come . Period .
That's my prophecy .

Carygrant
11-06-2012, 06:23 AM
simple definition of prophet ,, One who is called by God to deliver Gods pronouncements to the people.

He called me .

Ivan88
11-26-2012, 12:49 PM
What? He's a burglar ?
He won't come . Period .
That's my prophecy .
Correct prophecy.
He already came in 70 A.D. and finished His Judgment on the obsolete bloody Jerusalem power center.

Why should He come again?
http://mysite.verizon.net/ress8ouv/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/MilleriteEndoWorld.jpg

Calypso Jones
11-27-2012, 10:22 PM
Sure do miss Wing's posts. If he's gone...what a loss to us.

Peter1469
11-27-2012, 10:38 PM
Sure do miss Wing's posts. If he's gone...what a loss to us.

He was a good guy.

Banandangees
01-20-2013, 09:15 AM

Another:

Exactly 2,485.479 years from 536 B.C. is the prophetic date of May 15, 1948. On this date, Israel became a nation just as promised in the Bible (Isaiah 66:8):

"Who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? or shall a nation be born at once? for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children."

Carygrant
01-20-2013, 09:26 AM
Tell me , what has 2485.479 years got to do with anything ?
I can understand in literal terms your strange belief of Israel becoming a nation in '48 . But who made this prophecy 2485.479 years earlier ?

Seriy
02-08-2013, 05:42 PM
Lying apocalyptic false prophet and a leader of Cornerstone Church, rev John Hagee.:grin:

shaarona
10-29-2013, 11:14 AM

Recently Hagee preached about the 4 Blood Moons and how the Rusians, Germans, Iranians and all the Arabs will march against Jerusalem and be swallowed up by an earthquake.

roadmaster
10-31-2013, 06:31 PM
Recently Hagee preached about the 4 Blood Moons and how the Rusians, Germans, Iranians and all the Arabs will march against Jerusalem and be swallowed up by an earthquake.

Hummmm well the third temple is in process. An earthquake may come but I am more concerned about the Vatican. The true Jews need to go home and await Yeshua. The one that gave life to Adam and Eve, one that came here in the womb of Mary the one and only God.

Peter1469
10-31-2013, 07:34 PM
Hummmm well the third temple is in process. An earthquake may come but I am more concerned about the Vatican. The true Jews need to go home and await Yeshua. The one that gave life to Adam and Eve, one that came here in the womb of Mary the one and only God.

What Third Temple? The bible talks about two but not a third.

shaarona
11-01-2013, 02:10 AM

Emperor Julian sponsored the Jews rebuilding the Temple in 363 AD, but construction was halted by fire and earthquake.

Captain Obvious
11-01-2013, 06:00 AM
Who's this MMC dude, new member?

;)

roadmaster
11-02-2013, 11:22 PM
Who's this MMC dude, new member?

;):evil::evil: An old friend that I wish could come back.:smiley_bar::violent1: We are waiting.

roadmaster
11-03-2013, 12:20 AM

http://youtu.be/e46_a00Y0u4

shaarona
11-03-2013, 02:39 AM
http://youtu.be/e46_a00Y0u4

The Wiling wall was never part of Solomon's Temple.. It was all that remains of Fortress Antonia..

Calypso Jones
11-15-2013, 01:29 AM
A third temple will be built by the end times.

shaarona
11-15-2013, 05:26 AM

Revelation 21:22 KJV

And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.

roadmaster
11-16-2013, 01:53 AM

It's amazing the Bible has yet to be wrong but the wicked won't notice this. To be such a small state look at the attention Israel has.

shaarona
11-16-2013, 08:56 AM
It's amazing the Bible has yet to be wrong but the wicked won't notice this. To be such a small state look at the attention Israel has.

Revelation says there is NO third Temple because Jesus is the third Temple.

They tried to rebuild the third temple under Emperor Julian.. if was destroyed by earthquake and fire.

roadmaster
11-16-2013, 06:19 PM
Let no one deceive you in any way. For that day will not come, unless the rebellion comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction, who opposes and exalts himself against every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, proclaiming himself to be God.

roadmaster
11-18-2013, 04:02 AM
Revelation says there is NO third Temple because Jesus is the third Temple.

They tried to rebuild the third temple under Emperor Julian.. if was destroyed by earthquake and fire.

Where the dome of the rock is.

shaarona
11-18-2013, 07:18 AM

Last time I was In Jerusalem there was NO Temple.. There was al Aksa and Haram al Sharif.

Revelation says there will be no temple.. Maybe Revelation is wrong.

jillian
11-18-2013, 07:37 AM
Last time I was In Jerusalem there was NO Temple.. There was al Aksa and Haram al Sharif.

Revelation says there will be no temple.. Maybe Revelation is wrong.

yeah, interestingly, every other group that held jerusalem put up their own temple or church.

funny that isn't done in israel because certain interests would go nuts.

the mosque was put up over the holy of holies. jerusalem isn't mentioned even once in the koran.

shaarona
11-18-2013, 07:50 AM
yeah, interestingly, every other group that held jerusalem put up their own temple or church.

funny that isn't done in israel because certain interests would go nuts.

the mosque was put up over the holy of holies. jerusalem isn't mentioned even once in the koran.

Jerusalem is mentioned many times in the Koran .. Its called Al-Quds (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Quds_(disambiguation)) that's short for Beit al-Quds (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beit_al-Quds) which means holy or pure.

McCool
12-06-2013, 03:30 PM

What do the Christians Say? What do the Semites? Are there any other Prophecies that would appear to connect and Produce to what we call today.....The Nostradamus Effect. :glasses11: I say when Armageddon hits, EVERYONE will know it.

Fireowl
12-13-2013, 09:43 AM
I don't know if it's been mentioned, but here goes anyway.
When I was younger and reading scripture, I came across the prophecy, I think it was in Mathew, "When the second coming happens, every eye will see". I thought, how can that be? Now, that was said approximately 2000 years ago, how could anyone make a bizarre statement like that, and be believed? There was no technology to speak of.
But today we have the technological means of achieving it, televisions, camera and video phones. We have global coverage of news, 24/7 as well.

shaarona
12-13-2013, 09:47 AM

Well yeah.. When Omar arrived it was the city dump.........

Fireowl
12-13-2013, 04:01 PM
Approximately 2,000 years ago, a prophecy was made, I think it is in Mathew, "When I come again, every eye will see". It was a time of no technology at all, sand, camels, donkeys and carts. So was it a wild statement, or the truth? Look at today's hi-Tec world, global news coverage 24/7, phones that have camera's and videos technology, so the globe is covered from every angle. So every eye will see the second coming.

roadmaster
12-13-2013, 07:30 PM
Well yeah.. When Omar arrived it was the city dump......... They are making plans for it. I didn't say in my life here it would be. Just watching signs.