PDA

View Full Version : Women going through Ranger school.

CreepyOldDude
08-10-2015, 10:24 AM
If they make it through, they won't be able to try out for the Rangers. But they will have earned the respect of every man in the Army.

Seattle Times article (http://www.seattletimes.com/nation-world/two-women-training-to-be-army-rangers-may-reshape-military/)

Private Pickle
08-10-2015, 10:49 AM
If they make it through, they won't be able to try out for the Rangers. But they will have earned the respect of every man in the Army.

Seattle Times article (http://www.seattletimes.com/nation-world/two-women-training-to-be-army-rangers-may-reshape-military/)

Doubtful. Lots of mysoginisic assholes in the military.

CreepyOldDude
08-10-2015, 12:50 PM
Doubtful. Lots of mysoginisic assholes in the military.

Oh, I didn't say they'd get the respect of every man in the Army. I said they'll have earned it. But most of the men who fail to show them respect, wouldn't be able to make it through Ranger School. The Army Ranger School is right up there in difficulty with BUDS Phase 3 Land Warfare training. Indeed, three of the SEALs I know also went through Ranger School. They've told me it's a tougher combat course than they had in BUDS.

Assuming these women pass, if men aren't willing to show respect for that accomplishment, that only proves that the men deserve no respect.

Private Pickle
08-10-2015, 03:12 PM
Oh, I didn't say they'd get the respect of every man in the Army. I said they'll have earned it. But most of the men who fail to show them respect, wouldn't be able to make it through Ranger School. The Army Ranger School is right up there in difficulty with BUDS Phase 3 Land Warfare training. Indeed, three of the SEALs I know also went through Ranger School. They've told me it's a tougher combat course than they had in BUDS.

Assuming these women pass, if men aren't willing to show respect for that accomplishment, that only proves that the men deserve no respect.

No argument here. My wife was a 97E (Army Interrogator). She commanded respect from everyone she encountered but that was just her.

Mister D
08-10-2015, 03:19 PM
Demi Moore passed.

Peter1469
08-10-2015, 05:10 PM
Demi Moore passed.

That was BUD/S, not Ranger School. :wink: