PDA

View Full Version : Great swim yesterday

donttread
08-18-2015, 04:11 AM
I went for a peaceful , serene swim yesterday, which is not easy to do in the Adirondacks in the summer time. But I caught the lake when is was fairly quiet , swam for a little extra exercise then just hung out in the water which was the perfect temperature. While floating on my back I saw two of the Turkey Vultures that nest nearby and as I often do looked up and said: "Not yet you sons a bitches! Not yet!

Peter1469
08-18-2015, 04:40 AM
Was the water cold? I imagine so.

donttread
08-18-2015, 04:54 AM
Was the water cold? I imagine so.

Many would find it cold, but I like the water a little cool.

Peter1469
08-18-2015, 04:55 AM
Many would find it cold, but I like the water a little cool.
I grew up near New Orleans, so I am weak when it comes to swimming in cold water. :smiley:

PolWatch
08-18-2015, 06:06 AM
Swimming in the Gulf this time of the year is like swimming in a warm bathtub. The water temp is about 82 today and that's down a few degrees because we had heavy rain & clouds yesterday.
http://www.mymobilebay.com/stationdata/StationInfo.asp?jday=&property=&chartyear=&StationID=628

donttread
08-18-2015, 06:44 AM
I grew up near New Orleans, so I am weak when it comes to swimming in cold water. :smiley:

A few years ago I continued swimming into early November. The water temp was in the 40's. Now that first plunge into that water was numbing cold! When my son was a teen he and a couple of friends went in for a couple minutes on a rare X-mas day when we did not have ice on the lake. Even colder!

donttread
08-18-2015, 06:44 AM
Swimming in the Gulf this time of the year is like swimming in a warm bathtub. The water temp is about 82 today and that's down a few degrees because we had heavy rain & clouds yesterday.
http://www.mymobilebay.com/stationdata/StationInfo.asp?jday=&property=&chartyear=&StationID=628

See that's too warm for me.

Peter1469
08-18-2015, 02:24 PM
See that's too warm for me.

Not me!