PDA

View Full Version : Why would a woman marry a serial killer?

PolWatch
09-01-2015, 09:06 AM
'The Taming of the Queen' by Philippa Gregory

This is a fictionalized novel about Katheryn Parr, the last wife of Henry VIII. Gregory is a historian who has the ability to present facts within the context of a novel. I have read several of her books and have found that they are historically correct while fleshed out as a story that gets & keeps my attention.

Parr was active in the Reformation of the the Church of England. She published the first book written by a woman in England. Henry first ordered the churches of England to have the Bible translated to English for the masses and then ordered them removed from the churches. Parr supported those who believed that salvation was personal and did not require the intervention of priests or the Church of Rome. Henry wavered back & forth on who/what he supported. Parr faced charges of heresy because of her support for an English translation of the Bible. When Henry's habit of disposing of wives is added to the mixture, she led an interesting/exciting life.

The answer to the question in the title: because she had no choice.

Cigar
09-01-2015, 09:08 AM
No Commitment? :laugh:

Common
09-01-2015, 09:26 AM
Its always been that some woman would come forward and endear themselves to the worst of the worst. I think its a combination of excitement, being rebellious and believing they will change for you.

Captain Obvious
09-01-2015, 09:41 AM
PolWatch - off topic a bit, but I heard a segment on this on NPR and it sounded like something you'd be interested in.

http://www.npr.org/2015/09/01/435543465/truth-is-strange-and-fiction-is-charming-in-girl-waits-with-gun

donttread
09-28-2015, 02:34 PM
Maybe she felt threatened by corn flakes?

Crepitus
09-28-2015, 02:49 PM
she was just trying to get ahead.

sachem
09-28-2015, 05:57 PM
she was just trying to get ahead.:facepalm:

Redrose
09-28-2015, 06:37 PM
she was just trying to get ahead.

:geez:

Redrose
09-28-2015, 06:42 PM
Same for those women who are attracted to murderers in prison and death row, even ones who raped and murdered women. They think they have what it takes to change him. They feel empowered, special that the murderer loves them and wouldn't harm them. What they fail to understand, outside of prison, they'd probably kill them too. A leopard can't change his spots.

Bob
09-28-2015, 06:55 PM
Same for those women who are attracted to murderers in prison and death row, even ones who raped and murdered women. They think they have what it takes to change him. They feel empowered, special that the murderer loves them and wouldn't harm them. What they fail to understand, outside of prison, they'd probably kill them too. A leopard can't change his spots.

My deceased youngest brother was in my view a criminal. While he never got put into prison, the cops locked him up a lot of times. And the Judges forced him to serve time in county jail. This is fact. He was a psychopath. A died in the wool psychopath. And you could never trust him. i let him stay at my home one time for two weeks and my thanks was he robbed me. He stole a new 357 magnum pistol. I saw him damage women. I suspect he married more than 8 women and had over a dozen children. But it took some of the women time to realize they got played.

He was clever. When he showed up in court, he went there carrying one of his very small kids in his arms. He told me he did it for sympathy.

Common
09-28-2015, 07:12 PM

I have a cousin worked max security prison for over 30 yrs. Hes seen women fall in love with the most heinous murderous animals. He says if you ask them the answer is always the same, I love him.

Crepitus
09-29-2015, 06:30 AM
:facepalm:

:geez:
Oh c'mon, you knew somebody was gonna go there and at least I kept it clean! (not sure why)