PDA

View Full Version : Democrat Repeats (Louder This Time): Immigration Issue Could Spark Third Party

Mister D
09-05-2011, 08:40 AM
Snip

There seem to be no prospect of major changes in the present leadership of both the Republicans and Democrats. And a new major party likely won’t happen—yet. But as matters continue to deteriorate, who knows?

One obvious action, too long left undone: a moratorium on all immigration until unemployment of Americans comes down from the current indecent heights.

Obama’s proposed job-creating nostrums are ludicrous in light of the present importation of over 1 million aliens on various work visas and the continuing lack of enforcement—and now de facto Administrative Amnesty—for those aliens coming here illegally.

http://www.vdare.com/articles/democrat-repeats-louder-this-time-immigration-issue-could-spark-third-party

Mister D
09-05-2011, 08:42 AM
Again and again this question comes up: why in the world do we allow so many migrants in when we have high unemployment?

Conley
09-05-2011, 08:58 AM
Again and again this question comes up: why in the world do we allow so many migrants in when we have high unemployment?

Only thing I can think of is they power the businesses and the pols don't want to report the businesses that use illegals. We've said before if you want to stamp out this problem target the businesses that employ them. No jobs for illegals should be easy to do, and that will ease the strain on our borders so that security can look for bigger threats like terrorism.

Mister D
09-05-2011, 09:07 AM

Only thing I can think of is they power the businesses and the pols don't want to report the businesses that use illegals. We've said before if you want to stamp out this problem target the businesses that employ them. No jobs for illegals should be easy to do, and that will ease the strain on our borders so that security can look for bigger threats like terrorism.

Whether they are legal or illegal makes no difference in this respect. How can we continue to import millions of people when unemployment is so high? It helps give some insight into just how the American elite really thinks. The only rational thing to do in this case even if you believe in the whole "nation of immigrants" nonsense is to turn the vast majority away for the time being. No visas, no permits. American businesses must hire natives until things improve.

MMC
09-05-2011, 10:18 AM

Whether they are legal or illegal makes no difference in this respect. How can we continue to import millions of people when unemployment is so high? It helps give some insight into just how the American elite really thinks. The only rational thing to do in this case even if you believe in the whole "nation of immigrants" nonsense is to turn the vast majority away for the time being. No visas, no permits. American businesses must hire natives until things improve.

Another thing is the War on Terror.....so there are legitmate reasons as to limiting those that are coming into the country. But I would decrease all Visas and Permits to the very minimum. Time for America to invest in Americans. Give those breaks to Americans. Give those benefits to Americans. Quit trying to be like the Social Democrats of the EU. >:(

Mister D
09-05-2011, 10:23 AM

Another thing is the War on Terror.....so there are legitmate reasons as to limiting those that are coming into the country. But I would decrease all Visas and Permits to the very minimum. Time for America to invest in Americans. Give those breaks to Americans. Give those benefits to Americans. Quit trying to be like the Social Democrats of the EU. >:(

For me, the terrorism issue is a red herring that both sides use. The problem is simple and it has nothing to do with terrorism. When you have a slowing economy, high unemployment and employers demanding more more migrants to fill their open positions something is seriously fucked up (pardon my French). As for legitimate reasons who decides? The fact that the vast majority of natives simply do not want to be dispossessed by a Mexican horde is the most legitimate reason for curtailing current levels. We don't need the multicult and big business telling us what is legitimate and what is not.

MMC
09-05-2011, 10:43 AM
Well truthfully that red herring argument is the one that should be thrown back in their face and then use it to curtail those numbers anyways. Seems appropriate to use their own argument of NATIONaL SECURITY against them. Doesn't matter party.

Mister D
09-05-2011, 10:50 AM
Well truthfully that red herring argument is the one that should be thrown back in their face and then use it to curtail those numbers anyways. Seems appropriate to use their own argument of NATIONaL SECURITY against them. Doesn't matter party.

On that I agree if only out of expediency. Still, I think Americans need to be made aware of the larger issue.

Conley
09-06-2011, 12:41 PM
I really don't think the issue of border security as it relates to terrorism is a red herring

For now nothing has happened but that would be the most likely way to get a nuke, dirty bomb or biohazard agent into this country.

With the National Guard all overseas and our budget / funding going up in smoke i fear it is just a matter of time.

Mister D
09-06-2011, 12:44 PM
I really don't think the issue of border security as it relates to terrorism is a red herring

For now nothing has happened but that would be the most likely way to get a nuke, dirty bomb or biohazard agent into this country.

With the National Guard all overseas and our budget / funding going up in smoke i fear it is just a matter of time.

I agree that it is a glaring security problem but it's not the primary reason the border should be secured. That's what I mean when I say it's a red herring. Granted, it's expedient.

Conley
09-06-2011, 12:46 PM

I agree that it is a glaring security problem but it's not the primary reason the border should be secured. That's what I mean when I say it's a red herring. Granted, it's expedient.

Yep, that makes sense.

It is these kinds of issues that the American people are almost unanimous on (bank bailouts and war in Libya being another two) and yet our Federal Government completely ignores it. Pisses me off to no end...

MMC
09-06-2011, 12:50 PM

They had Soledad OBrien on CNN talking about how this country is a nation of immigrants. That she is a Black Cuban with freckles. That all want to come here to live the dream. Especially Women. She seems to have an agenda with CNN over racial issues. As that is what she is harping on all the time.

It's like they think the whole world can just come here or something. Course they don't say this shit bout Russia, The Balkans, China, N Koreans. Sure arent promoting them coming into the country.....huh?

Mister D
09-06-2011, 12:52 PM

Yep, that makes sense.

It is these kinds of issues that the American people are almost unanimous on (bank bailouts and war in Libya being another two) and yet our Federal Government completely ignores it. Pisses me off to no end...

Exactly. How can anyone say that special interests don't dictate our policies when most Americans are agreed on a general course of action but our leaders resist us?

Mister D
09-06-2011, 12:54 PM

They had Soledad OBrien on CNN talking about how this country is a nation of immigrants. That she is a Black Cuban with freckles. That all want to come here to live the dream. Especially Women. She seems to have an agenda with CNN over racial issues. As that is what she is harping on all the time.

It's like they think the whole world can just come here or something. Course they don't say this shit bout Russia, The Balkans, China, N Koreans. Sure arent promoting them coming into the country.....huh?

All nations are nations of immigrants. Human beings don't grow out of the friggin' ground. Is there a single nation on Earth populated by its orginal human inhabitants?

MMC
09-06-2011, 01:00 PM

All nations are nations of immigrants. Human beings don't grow out of the friggin' ground. Is there a single nation on Earth populated by its orginal human inhabitants?

Not any more.....and all are minorities in their own Countries.