PDA

View Full Version : FAQ.s Didn't Do It For Me

hanger4
08-12-2012, 09:25 AM
Being new to this forum, would somebody explain to me, or point to a link, about stars, how you get them, what's the point of Thanks/ing a post, the star thingy-"Add to Reputation", Rep Power:.

I've tried the FAQ's, but it's highly technical for my brain this time of day.

Thanks

Chris
08-12-2012, 12:04 PM
Searched on Thanks and found nothing. Seems to be incremental, if someone clicks Thanks, it's noted on the post plus added to your Thanked __x in ___ posts.

Found this on reputation: http://thepoliticalforums.com/faq.php?s=&do=search&q=reputation&titleandtext=1&match=all. Scroll down a bit.

Trinnity
08-12-2012, 12:24 PM
It's just a fun thing for bragging rights. Thanks are worth one point. Reps are worth the number of points that the person has. For example, my reps are currently worth 11 points. If I rep you, you get 11 points. Generally speaking, every one hundred points bumps you up one star. As you get higher up, it seems it takes more than one hundred points to get a star, as far as I can tell. Not sure.

I give a lot of reps because I'm generous and I think all of you are just fantastic. I tend to get a lot of one point "thanks". I'm devastated, of course.

Goldie Locks
08-12-2012, 12:48 PM
But the thanks are soooo easy. It takes much more effort to rep and I'm lazy...LOL

hanger4
08-12-2012, 01:12 PM
It's just a fun thing for bragging rights. Thanks are worth one point. Reps are worth the number of points that the person has. For example, my reps are currently worth 11 points. If I rep you, you get 11 points. Generally speaking, every one hundred points bumps you up one star. As you get higher up, it seems it takes more than one hundred points to get a star, as far as I can tell. Not sure.

I give a lot of reps because I'm generous and I think all of you are just fantastic. I tend to get a lot of one point "thanks". I'm devastated, of course.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHH, now I get it, thanks Trinnity.

One would think the Ladies here would be dominating, so to speak, you know handing out favors for favors. :grin:

Captain Obvious
08-12-2012, 05:20 PM
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHH, now I get it, thanks Trinnity.

One would think the Ladies here would be dominating, so to speak, you know handing out favors for favors. :grin:

There's a subliminal sexual connotation in there, right?

hanger4
08-12-2012, 06:22 PM
There's a subliminal sexual connotation in there, right?

Who me ?? Why I'd never do sexual connotations in there !! :wink20:

roadmaster
08-12-2012, 07:56 PM

Oh I didn't know that "thanks" were just one point. Actually, I could care less about my rep but giving I had no idea I was doing it wrong.