PDA

View Full Version : Der Spiegel: Prepare for Euro collapse

Peter1469
08-14-2012, 04:53 PM
http://www.spiegel.de/international/business/investors-preparting-for-collapse-of-the-euro-a-849747.html

Banks, companies and investors are preparing themselves for a collapse of the euro. Cross-border bank lending is falling, asset managers are shunning Europe and money is flowing into German real estate and bonds. The euro remains stable against the dollar because America has debt problems too. But unlike the euro, the dollar's structure isn't in doubt.

URF8
08-14-2012, 05:25 PM
Angela Merkel has the weight of the world on her broad shoulders. Either Germany steps up to save the European Project or a financial deluge will be unleashed. But the German people don't want to save the rest of Europe.

Deadwood
08-14-2012, 05:50 PM
Angela Merkel has the weight of the world on her broad shoulders. Either Germany steps up to save the European Project or a financial deluge will be unleashed. But the German people don't want to save the rest of Europe.

There's no reason they should. If the Spanish and the Greeks and the Italians won't mend their ways, why should the one healthy country have to pay for over-spending and lush social programs.

Peter1469
08-14-2012, 06:34 PM
It is physically / economically impossible for Germany to save the EZ. Germany should have exited the EZ two years ago and kept its $1T for itself. Germany has already started to circulate the Deutschmark. The end is coming....

roadmaster
08-15-2012, 02:23 AM
A band-aid was put on and now it's wet again, about to fall off.

Carygrant
08-15-2012, 08:53 AM
the dollar's structure isn't in doubt.

I wish there was the facility to bet on that statement being totally wrong . I am confident that the $US will be in the same state as the Greek Drachma within two years . Could be far sooner .
In actual fact I have already made the wager in the sense of backing specified commodities to rise so much that parts of the world will be ruined in the process -- people to be ruined , to be precise .
Time wil show whom is right .

Mister D
08-15-2012, 09:13 AM
I wish there was the facility to bet on that statement being totally wrong . I am confident that the $US will be in the same state as the Greek Drachma within two years . Could be far sooner .
In actual fact I have already made the wager in the sense of backing specified commodities to rise so much that parts of the world will be ruined in the process -- people to be ruined , to be precise .

And yet you sing Obama's praises. Cognitive dissonance?

Carygrant
08-15-2012, 12:00 PM
And yet you sing Obama's praises. Cognitive dissonance?

How splendid to see that phrase , even if it is so often used by people too lazy to think who , when faced with apparently irreconcilable facts , use it as a solution umbrella as though it explains everything , however surface unrelated ! Dissonance equals explanation !! What a low point in thinking !!
Regardless , there are those who believe that the financial future was mapped out in stone from around 2004 onwards and nothing and nobody can alter it's final conclusions , other than the precise timing of the demise of the US and EU and the passing of Western financial control to a Chinese hegemony .
So , whether Obama was in charge of financial matters in the last four years or John Doe , it matters and it mattered not a jot .
However , his greatness lies in his handling of others be they Iraq , Afghanistan ( sweeping up ), Libya and Syria (US colonisation by proxy ), Israel ( caging the Hawks whilst being the biggest Hawk of all) , NATO ( A private war machine ) and Iran ( playing the quiet man whilst preparing for blitzkrieg) .
Further , he has mapped out a pragmatic future , imho , based on dealing with China and preparing the fortunates in America for a new life when the present developed world slips into the History books .
For sure , such a scenario is non standard yet by consensus opinion --- who wants to admit to inescapable suicide ? But the last thing you do to your worker ants and social slaves is tell them the truth .
Obama has managed all of this and done America and Americans the greatest possible service , though people will only appreciate it with the benefit of hindsight and quite a few years from now .
So stick Cognitive Dissonance in your pipe . Call my forecast , by all means , Conspiracy Theory ( another lazy convenience umbrella label ) or , in polite terms , the musings of a Contrarian .
But there's little time left to wait to see how accurate such forecasts are . So save your jibes and sad smiles a little longer and meanwhile perhaps even pray that I am wrong .

Mister D
08-15-2012, 12:48 PM
How splendid to see that phrase , even if it is so often used by people too lazy to think who , when faced with apparently irreconcilable facts , use it as a solution umbrella as though it explains everything , however surface unrelated ! Dissonance equals explanation !! What a low point in thinking !!
Regardless , there are those who believe that the financial future was mapped out in stone from around 2004 onwards and nothing and nobody can alter it's final conclusions , other than the precise timing of the demise of the US and EU and the passing of Western financial control to a Chinese hegemony .
So , whether Obama was in charge of financial matters in the last four years or John Doe , it matters and it mattered not a jot .
However , his greatness lies in his handling of others be they Iraq , Afghanistan ( sweeping up ), Libya and Syria (US colonisation by proxy ), Israel ( caging the Hawks whilst being the biggest Hawk of all) , NATO ( A private war machine ) and Iran ( playing the quiet man whilst preparing for blitzkrieg) .
Further , he has mapped out a pragmatic future , imho , based on dealing with China and preparing the fortunates in America for a new life when the present developed world slips into the History books .
For sure , such a scenario is non standard yet by consensus opinion --- who wants to admit to inescapable suicide ? But the last thing you do to your worker ants and social slaves is tell them the truth .
Obama has managed all of this and done America and Americans the greatest possible service , though people will only appreciate it with the benefit of hindsight and quite a few years from now .
So stick Cognitive Dissonance in your pipe . Call my forecast , by all means , Conspiracy Theory ( another lazy convenience umbrella label ) or , in polite terms , the musings of a Contrarian .
But there's little time left to wait to see how accurate such forecasts are . So save your jibes and sad smiles a little longer and meanwhile perhaps even pray that I am wrong .

What else could explain your contradictory views about the greatness of Obama and the failing dollar? :laugh: Again, cognitive dissonance?

Cary, no one reads your rambling responses especially when you avoid the questions posed. BTW, you're not eloquent at all. Your prose is clumsy. Please stop trying so hard.

Carygrant
08-15-2012, 02:17 PM
Unlike you , I don't have to try . Previous post took about five minutes .
The fact that you cannot handle good concise thinking is hardly my fault .
Frankly your questions tell me that Economics and Finance are not included in your talents portfolio .
The $US has been falling for years and most experts -- and that includes myself-- believe that this is official Federal Reserve Policy .Backed totally by the White House and simply because there are no other alternatives in existence .Naturally it is not publicly admitted .
We expect to see about a 50% devaluation in the next three years . The prime reason is to halve Debt and fixed obligations . The second reason is as a by product -- to increase export competitiveness .
Instead of telling me about inconsistencies that you think you see , try asking for explanations rather than stepping into the sinking sand .
Yes , we know about inflation consequences from the above type of policy and we are aware of price implications on commodities .
It is a strategy of enormous risk but possibly when you are teetering on the edge , only such options remain .
God help the consumer .

Mister D
08-15-2012, 02:25 PM
Frankly your questions tell me that Economics and Finance are not included in your talents portfolio .
The $US has been falling for years and most experts -- and that includes myself-- believe that this is official Federal Reserve Policy .Backed totally by the White House and simply because there are no other alternatives in existence .Naturally it is not publicly admitted .
We expect to see about a 50% devaluation in the next three years . The prime reason is to halve Debt and fixed obligations . The second reason is as a by product -- to increase export competitiveness .
Instead of telling me about inconsistencies that you think you see , try asking for explanations rather than stepping into the sinking sand .
Yes , we know about inflation consequences from the above type of policy and we are aware of price implications on commodities .
It is a strategy of enormous risk but possibly when you are teetering on the edge , only such options remain .
God help the consumer .

Another longwinded response...sigh. Let's see if he even touches on the topic (i.e. his contradictory views).

Nope. Just rambling again. Who saw that coming? :smiley:

Peter1469
08-15-2012, 06:52 PM
You are right to say that the USD could suffer the Greek fate, but only after the USD is no longer the reserve currency for the world. And another difference. We can still print enough money to pay off all of our debt (unlike Greece). How would that go over with those who own US debt? Study up Cary.

Goldie Locks
08-15-2012, 07:07 PM
God help the consumer .

Really, that long???

Captain Obvious
08-15-2012, 10:02 PM
You can always rely on Cary banking on a US collapse just as much as you can rely on the accuracy of his predictions.

Carygrant
08-16-2012, 01:49 AM
You can always rely on Cary banking on a US collapse just as much as you can rely on the accuracy of his predictions.

Name me one to date where i have been wrong?
As for the economic and financial collapse of the US , that is written in stone if you look at facts and numbers rather than just rely on hope .

Carygrant
08-16-2012, 02:02 AM
You are right to say that the USD could suffer the Greek fate, but only after the USD is no longer the reserve currency for the world. And another difference. We can still print enough money to pay off all of our debt (unlike Greece). How would that go over with those who own US debt? Study up Cary.

Peter , the trouble is that I do study and I suggest that most here do very little -- most regurgitate mainstream media tripe for the masses . imo .
If you look at the Petrodollar Trading Cycle you will see that it is the key to being allowed to print money .
The simple fact is that the rest of the world headed by China , Japan , India and Iran have had enough of the status quo and are changing it now . Which might explain why -- despite Obama's posturing to the contrary , the US must stop Iran who are already trading Oil on an open currency market but specifically excluding the $US .
No currency in the process of devaluation --- suggested by up to 50% in the next three years--- will be accepted as the world's reserve currency .
With China already telling the Federal Reserve what it must do to warrant future loan support , the $US is an investment proposition that only the lunatic will cling on to --- unless running an inverse EFT.