PDA

View Full Version : Beautiful yet depressing time of year approaches

donttread
09-20-2015, 09:13 AM
The leaves are starting to change and our landscape will soon be covered with crimson, yellow and orange leaves, The major heat of the summer is past and most days will now top out in the 60's and 70's which I call perfect.
But, it also bears witness to the inevitable , in just a couple of months it will be cold, miserable and dark at 5:00 pm and it will last for months. Sometimes I feel like we live for 7-8 months a year and hibernate/survive the other 4-5.

Dr. Who
09-20-2015, 09:42 AM
The leaves are starting to change and our landscape will soon be covered with crimson, yellow and orange leaves, The major heat of the summer is past and most days will now top out in the 60's and 70's which I call perfect.
But, it also bears witness to the inevitable , in just a couple of months it will be cold, miserable and dark at 5:00 pm and it will last for months. Sometimes I feel like we live for 7-8 months a year and hibernate/survive the other 4-5.
Yes, we spend the entire winter yearning for spring, spend the spring wishing it would stop raining, spend the summer bemoaning the excessive heat, love the beauty and freshness of the early fall and all at once the leaves start falling. The trees thus denuded, the rains start again and then once its cold enough there is the excitement of the first snow fall, then the snow gets dirty and the magic is over and we starting yearning for summer again.

Peter1469
09-20-2015, 10:53 AM
I like each season. Because of their differences.

donttread
09-21-2015, 07:34 AM
yes, we spend the entire winter yearning for spring, spend the spring wishing it would stop raining, spend the summer bemoaning the excessive heat, love the beauty and freshness of the early fall and all at once the leaves start falling. The trees thus denuded, the rains start again and then once its cold enough there is the excitement of the first snow fall, then the snow gets dirty and the magic is over and we starting yearning for summer again.

lol

PolWatch
09-21-2015, 07:39 AM
What would we complain about if not the weather? It always provides an opening for conversation. I hate cold weather but also hate hot/humid.....fortunately I only have a few weeks when its too bad to go out. Hell season here is late July - early Sept. Winter is late January - early March. We are seeing our version of Fall now....temps down to the low 70's at night and upper 80's for the highs. Ideal for porch sitting!

donttread
09-21-2015, 08:54 AM
I like each season. Because of their differences.

I should have moved decades ago, but a few more years and I can retire and get out of here in the winter. It will still be dark at 5:00 but it will be at least 65 with no snow!

Captain Obvious
09-21-2015, 08:55 AM
I'm the same way, I get a little down in the fall time.

donttread
09-21-2015, 08:59 AM
I'm the same way, I get a little down in the fall time.

It's actually worse coming in to winter then once winter actually arrives and the daylight starts building again

Captain Obvious
09-21-2015, 09:02 AM
It's actually worse coming in to winter then once winter actually arrives and the daylight starts building again

By winter I'm ok though, just this time of year is always a little bit of a downer for me sometimes.

Tricia
09-21-2015, 09:28 AM
By winter I'm ok though, just this time of year is always a little bit of a downer for me sometimes.

This is perhaps my favorite time of the year. I love the colors, the crisp fall air, football, snuggling under blankets, hot chocolate....

Common Sense
09-21-2015, 10:03 AM
http://thestartupmashup.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/winter-is-coming-game-of-thrones.jpg

donttread
09-21-2015, 11:19 AM
This is perhaps my favorite time of the year. I love the colors, the crisp fall air, football, snuggling under blankets, hot chocolate....

Tricia are you trying to interfere with our depression? If so how rude! LOL

Captain Obvious
09-21-2015, 11:40 AM
http://thestartupmashup.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/winter-is-coming-game-of-thrones.jpg

Speechless?

valley ranch
10-08-2015, 12:28 PM
Winter can be fun. Some people are paid to ski. It's a cold and lonely job, but somebody has to do it.

"That was great!" "Let's take waterfall down to Patsy Hut, have a beer and fries, then we can take Sky Chair to the top and cross into Nevada through the trees from California Trail to Banta Lodge, I want to sit by the fire and send an Email." " What else you have in your pack, Guinness Blonde?" " Ready, I need time to take Heavenly up and ski the summit to my back porch, they shut Christmas Valley chair at 4:00, gota shovel the deck for a BBQ by the tub, you're coming, right?"

Winter can be fun and keep a smile on your face till spring. Have a large brandy by the fire, you're coming, right?

The Xl
10-08-2015, 12:53 PM
Love the fall. Wish it was like this year round

Common
10-08-2015, 12:58 PM

Sorry for your impending plight but not me, I live in fla where the sun shines 140 days more than it does in NY and NJ it may get to freezing one or two days out of the entire year, most of the time it does not.

I wear shorts all year round, there might be a few days I wear jeans or dockers.

Redrose
10-08-2015, 01:18 PM

We're very lucky here, our winter is about only 6-8 weeks, and the Spring and Fall are so nice it makes the summer heat tolerable for those three months. The leaves have almost peaked here. The colors are amazing.

donttread
10-08-2015, 01:45 PM
Yes, we spend the entire winter yearning for spring, spend the spring wishing it would stop raining, spend the summer bemoaning the excessive heat, love the beauty and freshness of the early fall and all at once the leaves start falling. The trees thus denuded, the rains start again and then once its cold enough there is the excitement of the first snow fall, then the snow gets dirty and the magic is over and we starting yearning for summer again.

Are you saying we are hard creatures to keep happy?

Gypsy
11-08-2015, 10:02 AM
I hate cold weather. I like to see snow for a day or maybe a weekend but then everything turns grey. Part of my illness includes an enlarged spleen that 'chews up' my platelets. When my platelets are low, my body temperature drops and I freeze. I need sunshine and warmth. Guess I'll buy another quilt and drink hot tea.

Another thing, I hate that pumpkin spice smell. Ok, I'm through complaining for the day lol :)

donttread
11-08-2015, 12:56 PM
I hate cold weather. I like to see snow for a day or maybe a weekend but then everything turns grey. Part of my illness includes an enlarged spleen that 'chews up' my platelets. When my platelets are low, my body temperature drops and I freeze. I need sunshine and warmth. Guess I'll buy another quilt and drink hot tea.

Another thing, I hate that pumpkin spice smell. Ok, I'm through complaining for the day lol :)

Definitely with you on that pumpkin spice smell.