PDA

View Full Version : View from the back porch

PolWatch
09-21-2015, 07:56 AM
I had a visitor to my bird feeder this morning! No feathers on this one. About daylight I saw a strange looking cat sneaking toward one of my bird feeders. When he got closer I realized this was not a cat....but a red fox! This is the first time I have seen one in my back yard. I reached for my camera and he ran....I must be noisier than I thought I was. This is a pic from computer files but I hope to catch a photo of my new neighbor eventually.

https://sp.yimg.com/ib/th?id=JN.cDeH9o0n5QZupOwP7ctimw&pid=15.1&rs=1&c=1&qlt=95&w=172&h=117

Captain Obvious
09-21-2015, 07:59 AM
There might be an active bounty on foxes there, PA has one (or had one).

PolWatch
09-21-2015, 08:05 AM
I know they trap foxes for the fur (mainly in North Alabama) but I don't think Alabama has a bounty on them. The poultry farmers hate them but we don't have much of a poultry industry in this area. (hurricanes blow chickens away)

Captain Obvious
09-21-2015, 08:10 AM
Couple weeks ago we kept spotting a fox near the entrance of the campground. It was kind of odd to see a fox that close too, and he didn't seem to mind us driving by him for a look either.

donttread
09-22-2015, 01:43 PM
I had a visitor to my bird feeder this morning! No feathers on this one. About daylight I saw a strange looking cat sneaking toward one of my bird feeders. When he got closer I realized this was not a cat....but a red fox! This is the first time I have seen one in my back yard. I reached for my camera and he ran....I must be noisier than I thought I was. This is a pic from computer files but I hope to catch a photo of my new neighbor eventually.

https://sp.yimg.com/ib/th?id=JN.cDeH9o0n5QZupOwP7ctimw&pid=15.1&rs=1&c=1&qlt=95&w=172&h=117

About ten years ago a family of them moved into town, they were all over the golf course and even stile golf balls

Polecat
09-22-2015, 02:49 PM
Couple weeks ago we kept spotting a fox near the entrance of the campground. It was kind of odd to see a fox that close too, and he didn't seem to mind us driving by him for a look either.

They are slowly loosing their timidity towards people since they are not being hunted as in the past. Still a big rabies risk however.

Captain Obvious
09-22-2015, 02:54 PM
They are slowly loosing their timidity towards people since they are not being hunted as in the past. Still a big rabies risk however.

Yeah, that's my only concern down here is rabies. And my rubbish can getting ravaged.

Other than that, no biggie.

Safety
09-22-2015, 02:57 PM

Well, look who the fox dragged in....welcome back :grin:

Polecat
09-22-2015, 03:02 PM
Well, look who the fox dragged in....welcome back :grin:

I got lonely for some conversation. The cats have a short vocabulary.

donttread
09-22-2015, 03:17 PM
Yeah, that's my only concern down here is rabies. And my rubbish can getting ravaged.

Other than that, no biggie.

I'm pretty sure my ex-wife was rapid, and I lived through that

Captain Obvious
09-22-2015, 06:07 PM

You musta been real lonely if you came here.

:biglaugh:

Captain Obvious
09-22-2015, 06:08 PM
I'm pretty sure my ex-wife was rapid, and I lived through that

Rapid?

That sounds like an asset actually.

PolWatch
09-22-2015, 07:44 PM

Glad to see you Polecat....just ignore the Capt.....you know what a stinker he can be! :rollseyes:

donttread
09-25-2015, 12:18 PM
Rapid?

That sounds like an asset actually.

You are a sick fuck but you are funny!