PDA

View Full Version : Country of Burkina Faso Offers Qadhafi Asylum.....

MMC
09-06-2011, 10:40 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/libyan-tuareg-convoy-heads-niger-capital-083938761.html

NIAMEY, Niger (AP) — A large convoy of Libyan soldiers accompanied by Tuareg tribal fighters left the central Niger town of Agadez on Tuesday and drove toward the capital, but it wasn't clear if Gadhafi family members were in the heavily armed group, the owner of a private newspaper said.

The capital is in Niger's southwestern corner near the nation of Burkina Faso, where toppled Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi has been offered asylum.

At the head of the convoy, Harouna said, was Tuareg rebel leader Rissa ag Boula, a native of Niger who led a failed war of independence on behalf of ethnic Tuareg nomads a decade ago. He then sought refuge in Libya and was believed to be fighting on behalf of Gadhafi.

The government of Burkina Faso said late last month they would recognize the Libyan rebels' National Transitional Council. Foreign minister Djibril Bassolet also said the landlocked West African nation would welcome Gadhafi "if he wishes it.".....snip~

Think Qadhafi might have high-tailed it out after he swore Martyrdom? His daughter is in Tunisia. We know this as a fact. Two Sons Killed, others out fighting. Think he will run?

Mister D
09-06-2011, 10:48 AM
I don't take the bombast of petty dictators seriously. He will probably flee if he hasn't already. No surprise an African country is giving him asylum.

MMC
09-06-2011, 10:54 AM
I don't take the bombast of petty dictators seriously. He will probably flee if he hasn't already. No surprise an African country is giving him asylum.

I will bet Chavez and or another South American Country will to. I don't know if he will run while his other sons are fighting. Plus I think our intel thought he might try to get out thru Niger or Chad.

Mister D
09-06-2011, 10:56 AM

I will bet Chavez and or another South American Country will to. I don't know if he will run while his other sons are fighting. Plus I think our intel thought he might try to get out thru Niger or Chad.

At this point, I'm sure it's much easier to flee to another African country.

Pendragon
09-06-2011, 11:05 AM
Does it surprise you that there are so many choices for Qadhafi's safe passage?

Perhaps George Bush's Cowboy Diplomacy made more enemies than friends? In fact, I won't pose that as a question. That is a simple fact. Half the world hates us now, just ten years after September 11th when we had the good will of almost all the planet.

Conley
09-06-2011, 11:07 AM

I think he'll stick to Africa. South America would be pretty foreign to him. I am not surprised to see him considering giving up rather than becoming a martyr.

Mister D
09-06-2011, 11:08 AM

Perhaps George Bush's Cowboy Diplomacy made more enemies than friends? In fact, I won't pose that as a question. That is a simple fact. Half the world hates us now, just ten years after September 11th when we had the good will of almost all the planet.

Uh...so many choices?

Uh...Obama is responsible for Libya but you'll vote for war again in 2012 like every other partisan stooge.

Pendragon
09-06-2011, 11:12 AM

Uh...so many choices?

Uh...Obama is responsible for Libya but you'll vote for war again in 2012 like every other partisan stooge.

No, I will vote Obama because he is more aligned with my beliefs than either Mitt Romney or Rick Perry.

It is not even close.

Mister D
09-06-2011, 11:15 AM

Uh...so many choices?

No, I will vote Obama because he is more aligned with my beliefs than either Mitt Romney or Rick Perry.

It is not even close.

If your "beliefs" include wanton destruction that makes everone hate America. Sure.

MMC
09-06-2011, 11:27 AM

Well truthfully Pen lets not forget Qadhafi throwing all those parties in England and France as well. Might even be more damaging to the Europeans than us. Uhm who let the Lockerbie Bomber go?

Hmmm Pen did you forget Obama and the rest of the West turning away from the Genocide of the Shia. Thats like five or 6 countries where the Sunni are oppressing them. Looks like the visual perception falls on Obama. Not Bush.Then there is Somalia and of Course Pakistan. Then what, they gave the guy a Nobel Peace Prize. For Peace. Hows that New Definition of Peace coming along?

Pendragon
09-06-2011, 11:32 AM

Uh...so many choices?

It is not even close.

If your "beliefs" include wanton destruction that makes everone hate America. Sure.

What are you talking about?

Mister D
09-06-2011, 11:38 AM

Uh...so many choices?

It is not even close.

What are you talking about?

I'm talking about how laughably unprincipled some liberals are. Oh, war is bad! Oh wait...there is a Democrat in office. I guess war is OK now. :D ::)

Pendragon
09-06-2011, 11:54 AM
I for one have never said such a thing.

The same argument can be used against Republicans.

Republicans said well even though there are no WMDs we should still stay to remove the evil tyrant and therefore it is a just war. Now we have another war removing an evil tyrant, but that excuse is not so valid any more is it?

If you weren't such a partisan you'd acknowledge it.

Mister D
09-06-2011, 12:01 PM
I for one have never said such a thing.

The same argument can be used against Republicans.

Republicans said well even though there are no WMDs we should still stay to remove the evil tyrant and therefore it is a just war. Now we have another war removing an evil tyrant, but that excuse is not so valid any more is it?

If you weren't such a partisan you'd acknowledge it.

But the Democrats control the Oval Office. They are responsible for the war in Libya. Business as usual...how is that hope and change coming along? Oh, but I bet BO can count on you in 2012. Sucker.

Pendragon
09-06-2011, 12:06 PM
Your posts are hollow and utterly devoid of content.

Mister D
09-06-2011, 12:11 PM

Like Obama's presidency? ;)

Conley
09-06-2011, 12:16 PM

Like Obama's presidency? ;)

:rofl: