PDA

View Full Version : Obama hits all-time lows, according to NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll

Mister D
09-06-2011, 02:01 PM
1. Woohoo!

2. Doesn't the job age men terribly? BO looks like he has aged 10 years since he took ofice. i noticed the same thing about Bush and Clinton.

When Barack Obama unveils his jobs and economic plan to a joint session of Congress on Thursday, he'll do so at the lowest point of his presidency, according to a new NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll.

Other political news of note First Read: A damaging summer for Obama
The debt ceiling fight and credit downgrade helped make the president’s summer his worst yet.

After the bruising debt-ceiling fight — as well as Standard & Poor's subsequent downgrade of the nation's credit rating — Obama's job approval rating has sunk to a low of 44 percent, a 3-point drop since July. His handling of the economy stands at a low of 37 percent. And only 19 percent believe the country is headed in the right direction, the lowest mark for this president.

Perhaps most ominously for Obama, a majority of poll takers — 54 percent — think he's facing a longer-term setback from which he's unlikely to recover. Back in January, just 39 percent agreed with that assessment.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44401295/ns/politics/

Conley
09-06-2011, 02:03 PM
So what's this 35% MMC keeps talking about?

Is he below it yet? Those numbers do look piss poor.

:o

Yep, it is amazing how the job ages men. Except for Reagan, he didn't change a bit in outward appearances, because he was already ancient. ;)

MMC
09-06-2011, 02:09 PM
ahahahahaha..... I was just going to put up this one.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/obama-drops-perry-surges-poll-155241606.html

President Obama's approval rating hit another new low, and Rick Perry has surged to the lead in the 2012 Republican presidential race, according to a NBC/Wall Street Journal poll released Tuesday.

After what could be considered the worst summer of his presidency politically, Obama's approval rating is at a new low of just 44 percent in the NBC/WSJ poll. Just 37 percent approve of his handling of the economy--a six-point drop since July. The poll's margin of error is 3 percent.....snip~

:D They say great minds think alike! ;)

Mister D
09-06-2011, 02:10 PM

Yep, it is amazing how the job ages men. Except for Reagan, he didn't change a bit in outward appearances, because he was already ancient. ;)

Not sure where the 35% is coming from but I guesss MMC knows what he is talking about sinmce he is knee deep in newspapers all day. ;D

Conley
09-06-2011, 02:12 PM

Not sure where the 35% is coming from but I guesss MMC knows what he is talking about sinmce he is knee deep in newspapers all day. ;D

:D

Yes I am starting to think that 35% came from where the sun don't shine! ;D

Conley
09-06-2011, 02:13 PM
I guess he's at 44%...still needs to drop a little more to get to 35% ???

Mister D
09-06-2011, 02:18 PM

Depends on the poll I guess and what they are asking. It look slike 44% is from a more general poll. It's still pretty bad.

MMC
09-06-2011, 02:20 PM

Just 37% approve of his handling of the economy. 6 point drop since July.

By comparison, Romney and Obama are statistically tied, 45 percent to 46 percent. Meanwhile Obama would lose to a "generic" GOP candidate, 40 percent to 44 percent.....snip~

wingrider
09-06-2011, 05:35 PM
considering that Obama's jobs program is pandering to the unions who comprise only 10 percent of the work force. he is alienating the other 90 percent of people who work for a living in non union capacities. this will bite him and make his numbers drop even lower. What is up with this guy? when is he going to understand thaat Americans are more than a congomeration of minorities and unions?

Conley
09-06-2011, 05:39 PM
considering that Obama's jobs program is pandering to the unions who comprise only 10 percent of the work force. he is alienating the other 90 percent of people who work for a living in non union capacities. this will bite him and make his numbers drop even lower. What is up with this guy? when is he going to understand thaat Americans are more than a congomeration of minorities and unions?

He is desperately trying to get votes wherever he can. Too little, too late. Especially after he's screwed us all by ignoring unemployment for three years. We were out of work when he first took office but he decided to take care of Wall Street before worrying about Main Street. So long sucker! >:(

wingrider
09-06-2011, 05:53 PM
I can't say for sure he is done but if he continues on this path he will definity alienate most of the non liberal white vote and most of the labor orce that is non union. the sad part is he can't see that playing the race card and blaming everone else for his failures has turned a lot of people off. he calls for civility in one sentence of his speeches and then turns around and says things against the tea party and republicans, disses rich people and continues to insist on programs that will bankrupt the US, now he is going after Banks for the failures of Fannie and Freddie.. this guy is either the most naive president in history or clueless.

Conley
09-06-2011, 05:55 PM
I can't say for sure he is done but if he continues on this path he will definity alienate most of the non liberal white vote and most of the labor orce that is non union. the sad part is he can't see that playing the race card and blaming everone else for his failures has turned a lot of people off. he calls for civility in one sentence of his speeches and then turns around and says things against the tea party and republicans, disses rich people and continues to insist on programs that will bankrupt the US, now he is going after Banks for the failures of Fannie and Freddie.. this guy is either the most naive president in history or clueless.

The only way I see him having a chance is if the economy turns around. That is people's number one concern. To me it looks like that is almost impossible. Heck I hope things do get better but I have zero confidence that Obama will be the one to turn it around. Seems he and Congress spend more time on vacation and campaigning than doing anything else, so I don't think things will magically fix themselves before the election. I'm looking forward to a real hope and a real change! ;D

Mister D
09-06-2011, 06:01 PM
I agree. The only thing that can save this guy now is a sharp rebound in the economy. It ain't happening.

wingrider
09-06-2011, 06:10 PM
I think you 2 are right and most expert economists are saying at least 5 years before we see any kind of "change" I "hope" they are wrong but I don't think they are.

Mister D
09-06-2011, 06:13 PM
I think you 2 are right and most expert economists are saying at least 5 years before we see any kind of "change" I "hope" they are wrong but I don't think they are.

It would be a miracle if it got substantially better by election time.

Conley
09-06-2011, 06:17 PM

:D Hope and Change jokes will never get old. That's the nicest thing I can say about our President.

wingrider
09-06-2011, 06:20 PM

:D Hope and Change jokes will never get old. That's the nicest thing I can say about our President.

yep a whole new field for standup comedians.. thanks Obama .. the only thing you did right

MMC
09-06-2011, 11:27 PM

Seems with all his shovel ready projects that it is about pandering to the unions. Even tho the Unions are being screwed over by Democrats. Like In Chicago and Illinois. Wisconsin, Ohio, and California.

Once again it step out and blame Republicans.