PDA

View Full Version : hold the phone... no more apocolypse

wingrider
08-22-2012, 05:49 PM
Carbon dioxide emissions are falling dramatically in the U.S., government officials say.
The findings were published in a report by U.S. Energy Information Agency earlier this month.
Officials state that CO2 emissions released into the atmosphere during the first four months of 2012 were comparable to 1992 levels, marking a 20-year low.

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/news/storm_watch_stories3&stormfile=Carbon_dioxide_levels_drop_dramatically_ in_U.S._18_08_2012?ref=ccbox_attractionsfx_topstor ies

imagine that... all this talk of the world is going to end if we don't enact some law to combat global warming due to Co2 level increases.. and suddenly the free market takes over and finds a solution..

Captain Obvious
08-22-2012, 06:00 PM
Wow - co2 must have dropped dramatically.

Wait, what did Paul Harvey used to say?

http://www.greenconduct.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/co2-emissions-20-year-low1.jpeg

At this rate, we'll be co2 free in minutes.

Trinnity
08-22-2012, 06:02 PM
Aw, the whole darn lefty climate agenda is such a convoluted ball of lies, half truths, and spin. <blecchh>

wingrider
08-22-2012, 06:03 PM
hey thanks for the chart... tell me again about that paul harvey thingy... was it and now for the rest of the story?

Captain Obvious
08-22-2012, 06:09 PM
You tell me, do you understand the chart?

By my reckoning, co2 dropped from a 2008 high of roughly under 1,600 metric tons to roughly 1,275 metric tons. While that's a substantial drop, there is still a significant amount of co2 being released and what is not considered is the environmental impact on natural gas drilling which is and continues to be a material issue.

Where the irresponsibility lies is the simply suggesting that we are free of any environmental concerns due to this decrease and that's a lie.

wingrider
08-22-2012, 06:28 PM
not really.. if CO2 levels have dropped to 1992 levels, it shows that we can control the amount of CO2 by market techniques rather than government tax credits and interference

Captain Obvious
08-22-2012, 06:39 PM
I couldn't disagree with that statement more.

I don't think this drop was a concerted effort by the private sector to control co2 levels, that's a ridiculous statement. The private sector has zero interest in controlling pollution. This is simply a backed-into position of a temporary shift in energy consumption. And I'll state again, the implication disregards the negative environmental impact of gas drilling which is likely substantial at the least.

But to suggest that our environmental issues are resolved because of a temporary reduction in co2 levels - replaced by other environmental concerns is grossly irresponsible.

wingrider
08-22-2012, 06:41 PM
everyone has an opinion,, now I have heard yours.. thanks

Captain Obvious
08-22-2012, 06:42 PM
My pleasure.