PDA

View Full Version : Indians pay surgeons to turn girls into boys

Mister D
09-07-2011, 01:15 PM
Wow. Not sure what to make of this. Sex discrimination (real discrimination) gets worse and worse in Asia.

Madhya Pradesh state government is investigating claims that up to 300 girls were surgically turned into boys in one city after their parents paid about £2,000 each for the operations.

Women's and children's rights campaigners denounced the practice as a "social madness" that made a "mockery of women in India".

India's gender balance has already been tilted in favour of boys by female foeticide – sex selection abortions - by families who fear the high marriage costs and dowries they may have to pay. There are now seven million more boys than girls aged under six in the country.

Campaigners said the use of surgery meant that girls were no longer safe even after birth.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/india/8601488/Indians-pay-surgeons-to-turn-girls-into-boys.html

Conley
09-07-2011, 01:33 PM
That is just nuts. I don't even understand the point of that...I would think that the parents would have aborted if they had such a problem with the gender (not that I approve of that either). Those are going to be some very confused kids as they grow up. I guess they won't be passing on their problems to the next generation though. :-\

Mister D
09-07-2011, 01:43 PM
That is just nuts. I don't even understand the point of that...I would think that the parents would have aborted if they had such a problem with the gender (not that I approve of that either). Those are going to be some very confused kids as they grow up. I guess they won't be passing on their problems to the next generation though. :-\

Yeah, it's not like this is a reliable procedure. How could any doctor perform this in good conscience? They must be seriously screwing up these kids with hormones etc.

The sex imbalance supposed to be even worse in China.

Conley
09-07-2011, 01:54 PM

Yeah, it's not like this is a reliable procedure. How could any doctor perform this in good conscience? They must be seriously screwing up these kids with hormones etc.

Yeah, these are some twisted doctors.

It's not like these families stop with one kid either, if you get a girl just roll the dice again ;D

Mister D
09-07-2011, 02:05 PM

Yeah, these are some twisted doctors.

It's not like these families stop with one kid either, if you get a girl just roll the dice again ;D

I guess this is better than drowning the kid... :-\ :-X

Conley
09-07-2011, 02:09 PM
Yeah, I guess barely...bet some of those kids end up as suicides.

Mister D
09-07-2011, 02:19 PM
Yeah, I guess barely...bet some of those kids end up as suicides.

I'm sure may of them will be basket cases.