PDA

View Full Version : (Dealing with non-Muslims)

eninn
08-26-2012, 07:54 PM
Question puzzles me: How do I treat being a non-Muslim?
This question the source of confusion and concern for many Muslims who fear for their religion, and they want access to the words of the season, so they are aware of the offenders, the answer easy to a large extent, all the Muslim should do to return to the book of his Lord, and the Sunnah of His Prophet (and will reach Bgath it, Islam is the only religion that gave us a solution to the coexistence of Muslims with other owners of the various sects, and instructions of Islam and its guidance as follows:
- Honoring them and treat them:

Tell us Islam to be the parent in the treatment of all people, Muslims and disbelievers alike honoring them, and treat them, the Almighty said: {(8) Allah does not forbid you from those who do not fight you because of religion and do not expel you from your homes - from being righteous toward them and acting justly toward them. Indeed, Allah loves those who act justly
(9) Allah only forbids you from those who fight you because of religion and expel you from your homes and aid in your expulsion - [forbids] that you make allies of them. And whoever makes allies of them, then it is those who are the wrongdoers} [Mumtahinah: 8-9].
Did not want to verses in the justice and charity to non-Muslims, but you want to land them as well.

If Islam does not end on land and premiums to the offenders of any religion if they were pagans or heathens, it looks in a special to the people of the Book, jewish people and Christians, have made the Quran a model in the literature of dialogue with them, do not call to them, except the Almighty, saying: 'O People of the Book, O People of the Book, in a sign that they were originally the people of divine religion, and between them and the Muslim womb and closeness , is in the assets of the same religion sent by God - the Almighty - his prophets all the Almighty said: {(13) He has ordained for you of religion what He enjoined upon Noah and that which We have revealed to you, [O Muhammad], and what We enjoined upon Abraham and Moses and Jesus - to establish the religion and not be divided therein. Difficult for those who associate others with Allah is that to which you invite them. Allah chooses for Himself whom He wills and guides to Himself whoever turns back [to Him]} [-Shura: 13].

He died (and shield are subject to a Jew in his family's expense. Najran delegation and entered upon the Prophet (mosque after Asr prayer was, and they pray in the mosque, he wanted people to stop them, he said (: (let them )! Fastqubloa bright dismissed their prayers.
It was recommended Omar bin al-Khattab - may Allah be pleased with him - on his deathbed the Caliph after him, people of good disclosure, and who fulfill the Levy, and cost them overworked. Disclosure and meaning of the Covenant, which includes elements of insurance and protection, and this already knows and leadership in our civil rights and citizenship.

Faith of all the Apostles:
Making Islam one of the pillars of faith faith in books is a whole, and messengers all, and deny it falls within the disbelief, the Almighty said: {(136) Say, [O believers], "We have believed in Allah and what has been revealed to us and what has been revealed to Abraham and Ishmael and Isaac and Jacob and the Descendants and what was given to Moses and Jesus and what was given to the prophets from their Lord. We make no distinction between any of them, and we are Muslims [in submission] to Him. "[Baqarah: 136].

And eating with them:
Islam allows eating with people of the book and eat meat slaughtered and drinking, and marry their women in the legal boundaries of permitted, the Almighty said: {(5) This day [all] good foods have been made lawful, and the food of those who were given the Scripture is lawful for you and your food is lawful for them. And [lawful in marriage are] chaste women from among the believers and chaste women from among those who were given the Scripture before you, when you have given them their due compensation, desiring chastity, not unlawful sexual intercourse or taking [secret] lovers. And whoever denies the faith - his work has become worthless, and he, in the Hereafter, will be among the losers. } [Table: 5].

- Kindness to talk with them:
Islam urged the Altervq to talk with them, and to argue in the best manner; because, in that yanked the hatchet, and the purification of souls, which attaches them from the hatred, the Almighty said: {And argue not with the people of the Book except in the best manner except those who wronged them, and tell a safe which has been revealed to us and revealed to you, God and your God, and one we have Muslims} [Spider: 46].

- Provide a safe life:
He also urged Islam to provide a safe life, and urged on honesty in dealing, justice and peace with non-Muslims, and said (: (from hurt dhimmi I am his adversary, and you are his opponent's opponent, the Day of Resurrection) [al-Khatib, and said: (from the oppression of treaties is, or detracted Indeed, cost or overworked, or taking something from him without the same good, I Hgejeh the Day of Resurrection) [Abu Dawood].

- Gifting them:
And approved Islam for a Muslim to give gifts to non-Muslims, and to accept gifts from them and rewarded them, it was proven that the Prophet (dedicated to the kings, before them, and they were not Muslim, narrated from Umm Salamah - the mother of believers - may Allah be pleased about - that the Prophet (said to her,: (I was offered to the Negus of Oaqa suit and caught) [Ahmad].

The Muslim must be dealing with non-Muslims in the range of influence it is not influenced by, all his habits and traditions, is not permissible for a Muslim to imitate the non-Muslim in contravention of the principles of Islam, such as imitate them in their clothes, or provides a drink forbidden to guests, or food is halaal for Muslims, or the like.

These are the principles of Islam, timeless and cherished values ​​that deal with rights and respect, it was easy to Ben Guest, and Qais bin Saad sat Al Quadissiah, passed by the people they funeral puppeteers, was said to them: It is one of the people of the earth - none of the people of the Book - they said: The Prophet (passed by the funeral so he was told to him: It's the funeral of a Jew, he said: (Is not the soul) [Bukhari] . Vsedk God's view ((107) And We have not sent you, [O Muhammad], except as a mercy to the worlds.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5_lkjEiB2M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bGP0fWaJ9w

Captain Obvious
08-26-2012, 08:07 PM
Welcome to the 2nd century.

URF8
08-26-2012, 09:11 PM
Question puzzles me: How do I treat being a non-Muslim?

One of my sons has a Muslim girlfriend. How should I treat her?

Frogger
08-26-2012, 09:59 PM

Just don't treat her as a Muslim would. In other words, not as a second class citizen.

Captain Obvious
08-26-2012, 10:00 PM
Just don't treat her as a Muslim would. In other words, not as a second class citizen.

Muslims are second class citizens?

Wow.

Trinnity
08-26-2012, 10:06 PM
Welcome to the 2nd century.Why does he even come here? Oh yeah, to recruit. <sigh>

Conley
08-26-2012, 10:08 PM

Humanely. :)

Goldie Locks
08-26-2012, 10:09 PM
Why does he even come here? Oh yeah, to recruit. <sigh>

Wonder how that's working out for him? How's that Caliphate going eninn???

Have a bacon sandwich on me.

URF8
08-26-2012, 10:22 PM
Muslims are second class citizens?

Wow.

Muslim women are only second class citizens in Muslim countries.

Conley
08-26-2012, 10:24 PM
Yeah, there's no doubt in some Muslim countries they are treated that way. Pretty fucked up.

Captain Obvious
08-26-2012, 10:27 PM
Muslim women are only second class citizens in Muslim countries.

Ok - got it.

Point taken, Frogger.

Goldie Locks
08-26-2012, 10:28 PM
Yeah, there's no doubt in some Muslim countries they are treated that way. Pretty fucked up.

Some????

Conley
08-26-2012, 10:29 PM
Some????

Yes. Some.

Goldie Locks
08-26-2012, 10:31 PM
Yes. Some.

Name me Muslim countries where they are treated as equals to men.

Captain Obvious
08-26-2012, 10:32 PM

France

Goldie Locks
08-26-2012, 10:36 PM
France

That's not a Muslim country...quite yet and not in the ME...sorry doesn't count.

Conley
08-26-2012, 10:37 PM

Is this about the riddan's thing? :)

I don't think there's a country on this planet where women are treated equally, America included. That's just how it is -- it's not just a Muslim thing. That said there are some Muslim countries where women are treated like shit and it's wrong on every level. Globally the biggest civil rights issue there is women's rights, but thanks to our f'ed up government it comes in second to our dependence on foreign oil. Dont get me started on my soapbox, I'm chillin tonight.

Goldie Locks
08-26-2012, 10:42 PM
Is this about the riddan's thing? :)

I don't think there's a country on this planet where women are treated equally, America included. That's just how it is -- it's not just a Muslim thing. That said there are some Muslim countries where women are treated like shit and it's wrong on every level. Globally the biggest civil rights issue there is women's rights, but thanks to our f'ed up government it comes in second to our dependence on foreign oil. Dont get me started on my soapbox, I'm chillin tonight.

Sorry, I don't equate non equal pay or anything else you can come up with in America compared to beating, mutilations, stoning and beheading.

Conley
08-26-2012, 10:42 PM
Sorry, I don't equate non equal pay or anything else you can come up with in America compared to beating, mutilations, stoning and beheading.

Right, and I totally do....ya caught me!! :rollseyes:

Goldie Locks
08-26-2012, 10:44 PM
Right, and I totally do....ya caught me!! :rollseyes:

TY

Captain Obvious
08-26-2012, 11:01 PM
That's not a Muslim country...quite yet and not in the ME...sorry doesn't count.

https://encrypted-tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSVd-TfsDa8V5SD90SzNBGjgUNUBbRtIHcHdYODCUzQJKRY2_fg1Q

Goldie Locks
08-27-2012, 08:23 AM
https://encrypted-tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSVd-TfsDa8V5SD90SzNBGjgUNUBbRtIHcHdYODCUzQJKRY2_fg1Q

I knew you were trying to be funny, just didn't think it was well.........funny.

Peter1469
08-27-2012, 08:49 AM
Turkey treats its women well.

Captain Obvious
08-27-2012, 05:05 PM
Back to the OP.

This is a great example of why there is so much cultural divisiveness in the world. When it's dictated that persons of a certain class/religion treat persons of another class/religion in certain ways, the evidence is clear.

If radical Muslims treated people as people not as Christians, Jews, etc., there would be less divisiveness.

URF8
08-27-2012, 05:38 PM
Do you know how the Chinese deal with the Muslim Uighurs of Chinese Xinjiang? The Chinese don't screw around at all. If the Uighurs get out of hand the Chinese kill them.

eninn
08-28-2012, 07:21 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOjhDBF2zhM

eninn
08-28-2012, 07:22 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeJr-9OZb9I

MMC
08-28-2012, 09:45 AM
Is belief strong Enough? Only if they have Will-Power!

URF8
08-28-2012, 01:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeJr-9OZb9I

Wasn't this guy in Star Wars?

Captain Obvious
08-28-2012, 03:42 PM
Wasn't this guy in Star Wars?

Star Jihads maybe.

Mister D
08-28-2012, 03:48 PM
Hardtime, most likely.

eninn
08-30-2012, 09:16 AM
How about the innocent Muslims and Christians in Palestine that are routinely killed by American Christian funded weapons in Israel? How about the Muslims who have never harmed anyone in Afghanistan and Iraq, that the US killed and which Christians fully supported?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UdJtJx4SrA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PS_TbmJ4H1g&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qmeza8D3um8

Do not fool yourself
This does not happen in a Muslim country
Do not refuse to give food to a non-Muslim

MMC
08-30-2012, 09:40 AM
What about Sunni Arabs killing Christians in Muslim Countries Eninn? Thats not Counting Shia? What has happened to those Coptic Christians that have been around 2-3 thousand years or so. That all of being wiped out? Especially after living in the same place for the same amount of time.

Captain Obvious
08-30-2012, 04:45 PM
Exactly, MMC.

This is the big hypocrisy with extremist, militant Islamists - they've continued conflict for ages.

I have little doubt that there would be peace in Israel if groups like Hamas would basically just stop killing innocent civilians. 9/11 brought us to military action in the Middle East, we wouldn't be there otherwise.

Militant Islam's primary goal is to eliminate Western and Jewish culture - how do you reason with that?

My biggest problem with Muslims in general is that, collectively there is more sympathy for militant Islam than rejection. Considering that, where then is the real aggression?

eninn
08-31-2012, 07:29 AM
George Bush and Dick Cheney killed WAAAYYYYYY more than 3,000 people. All I mostly see are people like you dancing in the streets and saying it was justified. You're the biggest hypocrite who's ever posted on this forum.

About the 9/11 comment...what does that have to do with Islam? And are you sure no Muslims denounced the attacks? Because I'm pretty sure every high Sheikh and Mufti in Arab world did. Either you're completely lying or you'd rather not take the time to look it up, because a quick google search makes it quite clear.

http://www.pensitoreview.com/2008/02...-condemn-9-11/ (http://www.pbnation.com/out.php?l=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pensitoreview.com%2F200 8%2F02%2F27%2Fpoll-majority-muslims-worldwide-condemn-9-11%2F)

http://kurzman.unc.edu/islamic-state...nst-terrorism/ (http://www.pbnation.com/out.php?l=http%3A%2F%2Fkurzman.unc.edu%2Fislamic-statements-against-terrorism%2F)

“All Muslims ought to be united against all those who terrorize the innocents, and those who permit the killing of non-combatants without a justifiable reason. Islam has declared the spilling of blood and the destruction of property as absolute prohibitions until the Day of Judgment. … [It is] necessary to apprehend the true perpetrators of these crimes, as well as those who aid and abet them through incitement, financing or other support. They must be brought to justice in an impartial court of law and [punished] appropriately. … [It is] a duty of Muslims to participate in this effort with all possible means.” - Shaykh Yusuf Qaradawi

“Attacking innocent people is not courageous, it is stupid and will be punished on the day of judgement. … It’s not courageous to attack innocent children, women and civilians. It is courageous to protect freedom, it is courageous to defend oneself and not to attack.” - Shaykh Muhammed Sayyid al-Tantawi, imam of al-Azhar mosque in Cairo, Egypt

“There is no terrorism or a threat to civilians in jihad [religious struggle].” - Abdel-Mo’tei Bayyoumi, al-Azhar Islamic Research Academy, Cairo, Egypt

“[We] strongly condemn such activities that are against all humanist and Islamic morals. … [We] condemn and oppose all aggression on human life, freedom and dignity anywhere in the world.” - Muslim Brotherhood

“Firstly: the recent developments in the United States including hijacking planes, terrorizing innocent people and shedding blood, constitute a form of injustice that cannot be tolerated by Islam, which views them as gross crimes and sinful acts. Secondly: any Muslim who is aware of the teachings of his religion and who adheres to the directives of the Holy Qur’an and the sunnah (the teachings of the Prophet Muhammad) will never involve himself in such acts, because they will invoke the anger of God Almighty and lead to harm and corruption on earth.” - Abdulaziz bin ‘Abdallah Al-Ashaykh, chief mufti of Saudi Arabia

“You must know Islam’s firm position against all these terrible crimes. The world must know that Islam is a religion of peace and mercy and goodness; it is a religion of justice and guidance…Islam has forbidden violence in all its forms. It forbids the hijacking airplanes, ships and other means of transport, and it forbids all acts that undermine the security of the innocent. - ‘Abdulaziz bin ‘Abdallah Al-Ashaykh, chief mufti of Saudi Arabia

“As a human community we must be vigilant and careful to oppose these pernicious and shameless evils, which are not justified by any sane logic, nor by the religion of Islam.” - Shaikh Saleh Al-Luheidan, Chairman of the Supreme Judicial Council, Saudi Arabia

“Any attack on innocent people is unlawful and contrary to shari’a (Islamic law). … Muslims must safeguard the lives, honor and property of Christians and Jews. Attacking them contradicts shari’a.” - Shaykh Muhammad bin ‘Abdallah al-Sabil, member of the Council of Senior Religious Scholars, Saudi Arabia
Renowned Muslim scholar Yusuf al-Qaradawi denounced the attacks and the unprovoked killings of thousands of American civilians as a "heinous crime" and urged Muslims to donate blood to the victims. He did however criticise the United States' "biased policy towards Israel" and also called on Muslims to "concentrate on facing the occupying enemy directly", inside the Palestinian territories.[19] The alleged Hezbollah "spiritual mentor" and Lebanese Shia cleric Mohammed Hussein Fadlallah condemned the attacks.

Ahmed Yassin, the spiritual leader of Hamas, said he was not interested in exporting such attacks to the United States, however he criticized the "unfair American position"

Afghanistan's Taliban rulers condemned the attacks and also vehemently rejected suggestions that Osama bin Laden, who had been given asylum in Afghanistan, could be behind them.[20]

Huge crowds attended candlelit vigils in Iran, and 60,000 spectators observed a minute's silence at Tehran football stadium.

And on and on and on and on from thousands of top scholars affiliated with every major Islamic denomination and sect. Regardless, 9/11 was a political move. And you're terrible at criticizing Islam. All you've done is make yourself look like a childish fool in this thread. You need to learn something about 1) Islam 2) Proper debate, and then you can come back.

- See here
After the slander and lies against Islam in the events of 9/11

God grant victory to Islam after the injustice directly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCALyYTN5Rs

- Http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PS_TbmJ4H1g

Captain Obvious
08-31-2012, 10:13 PM
Well, at least we all know what side of the terrorists aisle you stand on.

... as if it were a surprise to anyone.

Captain Obvious
09-01-2012, 12:17 AM
http://apgovernment2010.yolasite.com/resources/352-selective-outrage.jpg

URF8
09-01-2012, 12:39 AM
One of my sons is dating a Southeast Asian Muslim girl. She was born and raised as a Muslim. She is an apostate now; however, being raised in a particular faith leaves indelible cultural and psychological orientations. I know this to be true because I was born and raised as a Roman Catholic. I'm an atheist now.

Thus, I have a number of qualms about this young lady. My wife is apoplectic over the matter. Her race is irrelevant. My family is already bi-racial and bi-cultural.

roadmaster
09-01-2012, 01:24 AM
One of my sons is dating a Southeast Asian Muslim girl. She was born and raised as a Muslim. She is an apostate now; however, being raised in a particular faith leaves indelible cultural and psychological orientations. I know this to be true because I was born and raised as a Roman Catholic. I'm an atheist now.

Thus, I have a number of qualms about this young lady. My wife is apoplectic over the matter. Her race is irrelevant. My family is already bi-racial and bi-cultural.

I have never attended a Catholic Church but why is it that many fall away from them? Most of the ones who know claim to be atheist say they were once Catholic.

URF8
09-01-2012, 02:13 AM
I have never attended a Catholic Church but why is it that many fall away from them? Most of the ones who know claim to be atheist say they were once Catholic.

The Roman Catholic Church in America is run for the benefit of the clergy, not the community of the faithful. The realization of this fact causes alienation and estrangement. This is perhaps one of the reasons why there are so many lapsed Catholics. Then there is drift.

Often there is a search for faith and solace in other systemic belief systems or philosophical views of the meaning of existence. When that fails there is drift...usually to agnosticism. For some the last step is to atheism.

There are generally two different varieties of atheists. Hard core atheists like the lady who got prayer banned in public schools. The other type doesn't begrudge any one else his or her faith. Such an atheist wishes he or she could bring himself/herself to believe in God because of the solace it can bring. But I can't bring myself to believe. For me life is an accidental fusion of consciousness with physical sensation in search of purpose.

eninn
09-01-2012, 06:53 AM
Thank you for reading the subject and I am waiting for any questions you have

MMC
09-01-2012, 07:07 AM
Exactly, MMC.

This is the big hypocrisy with extremist, militant Islamists - they've continued conflict for ages.

I have little doubt that there would be peace in Israel if groups like Hamas would basically just stop killing innocent civilians. 9/11 brought us to military action in the Middle East, we wouldn't be there otherwise.

Militant Islam's primary goal is to eliminate Western and Jewish culture - how do you reason with that?

My biggest problem with Muslims in general is that, collectively there is more sympathy for militant Islam than rejection. Considering that, where then is the real aggression?

You hit one of the nails on the Head Cap. Just where is the real aggression in this Country against them. Most of those that do a whole lot of talking concerning the whole Picture with the ME, really don't know shit about it. As with most foreign affairs, our people have been dumbed-down. Most think thats it.....what they say it is by Media Sources. So that must be just the way it is.

Everybody seems to Kiss the Sunni Arabs azz and they are no better. Just look at the one Sunni Princess. Stayed at a Marriot Hotel in Europe. Ran up over a Million Dollar bill and then just walk out Never paying. Then got Caught. Stayed there for another month. Then just up and Checked out and never paid a Damn thing. Sunni Princess from Yemen.

No one did a damn thing.....I would have at least took her Jewelry, Gems, and any Cars they had stationed there. While beating the shit out of some of her bodyguards. One way or another I would let those Sunni Arabs know.....I will get my money. Making them an offer they can't Refuse!

MMC
09-01-2012, 07:10 AM
What about Sunni Arabs killing Christians in Muslim Countries Eninn? Thats not Counting Shia? What has happened to those Coptic Christians that have been around 2-3 thousand years or so. That all of being wiped out? Especially after living in the same place for the same amount of time.

What about this Question Eninn? Also thanks for putting up the material. :smiley:

Now.....while some of the weak and profane cry about what they think is some sort of indoctrination. Others Understand that with such information comes knowledge in that Aspect.

To know! :wink:

roadmaster
09-02-2012, 01:05 AM
he Roman Catholic Church in America is run for the benefit of the clergy, not the community of the faithful. The realization of this fact causes alienation and estrangement. This is perhaps one of the reasons why there are so many lapsed Catholics. Then there is drift.

Then they need to be reminded WE are the Church not the building. I once walked into a building (not Catholic and the preacher was saying things I knew wasn't true). Members that had been their many years didn't question him. That's why I call myself a Christ follower because you can't trust every Priest to preach His Word.

Thank you for your answer.

URF8
09-02-2012, 01:28 AM
Thank you for reading the subject and I am waiting for any questions you have

Is it permitted under Sharia for a male infidel to have sex with a female Muslim?

Peter1469
09-02-2012, 10:00 AM
Is it permitted under Sharia for a male infidel to have sex with a female Muslim?

I hope so.

Captain Obvious
09-02-2012, 01:33 PM

Only if he beats her before and after.

URF8
09-03-2012, 02:43 AM
The best part is that she still has a clit.

roadmaster
09-03-2012, 11:11 PM
I cannot understand a man that wouldn't want his wife not to want him. You know as men you have egos and (whether she just tells you, ok some will say it even if it wasn't great) you want to think, you did a great job. It makes you feel like a man. Taking away the clit he has to know she doesn't enjoy him.

eninn
09-04-2012, 06:46 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QF1EsB8NCE

eninn
09-04-2012, 06:52 AM
Result of good treatment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=tzDnR7NVW18

shaarona
09-04-2012, 09:16 AM

Just be nice to her. Don't serve pork.. If you serve cocktails offer her a pretty juice drink.

And ask her about her faith.. I have had some extraordinary conversations with Muslims about there views on Jesus and my own.

shaarona
09-04-2012, 09:24 AM
I cannot understand a man that wouldn't want his wife not to want him. You know as men you have egos and (whether she just tells you, ok some will say it even if it wasn't great) you want to think, you did a great job. It makes you feel like a man. Taking away the clit he has to know she doesn't enjoy him.

FGM is not an Islamic practice.. However, it was brought forward and practiced in some families.. matrilineally.. for instance, when an Muslim took a wife from East Africa.

There are large parts of the Arab or Muslim world where it is not practiced at all. Its forbidden in Egypt but shows up from time to time in rural areas. Its frowned upon elsewhere.

I know that it is practiced in Somalia.. and I am sure my information is incomplete.

Captain Obvious
09-04-2012, 07:53 PM
Just be nice to her. Don't serve pork.. If you serve cocktails offer her a pretty juice drink.

And ask her about her faith.. I have had some extraordinary conversations with Muslims about there views on Jesus and my own.

Outstanding reply. If you don't mind my asking, are you Muslim?

shaarona
09-05-2012, 03:32 AM
Outstanding reply. If you don't mind my asking, are you Muslim?

No.. Episcopalian...

Captain Obvious
09-05-2012, 06:10 PM
No.. Episcopalian...

You seem to be interested in Islam, so I thought maybe.

I have to admit, you do bring a little fresh air to what is otherwise a creepy dialogue that has been had on this issue here.

shaarona
09-05-2012, 07:08 PM
You seem to be interested in Islam, so I thought maybe.

I have to admit, you do bring a little fresh air to what is otherwise a creepy dialogue that has been had on this issue here.

I spent some time in the ME.. and was taught some diplomatic skills.. which isn't really that difficult.

Captain Obvious
09-05-2012, 07:11 PM
I spent some time in the ME.. and was taught some diplomatic skills.. which isn't really that difficult.

You're bringing valuable insight, I enjoy reading your POV.

roadmaster
09-05-2012, 10:23 PM
FGM is not an Islamic practice.. However, it was brought forward and practiced in some families.. matrilineally.. for instance, when an Muslim took a wife from East Africa.

There are large parts of the Arab or Muslim world where it is not practiced at all. Its forbidden in Egypt but shows up from time to time in rural areas. Its frowned upon elsewhere.

I know that it is practiced in Somalia.. and I am sure my information is incomplete.

I am sorry but I know too many people over there. They say it is not frowned upon. In fact some thinks it helps when they take more than one wife so the others won't be upset. This is not done for the woman it's done for the man mostly that gives him excuses to have more wife's.

Calypso Jones
09-05-2012, 10:27 PM
No.. Episcopalian...

close enough

jk

Calypso Jones
09-05-2012, 10:28 PM
So a muslim can and should be nice to those that do not fight them because of religion...well that lets out most of the world then don't it?

And then there's that taquiya thingy which makes most people just a trifle suspicious.

shaarona
09-06-2012, 06:17 AM
So a muslim can and should be nice to those that do not fight them because of religion...well that lets out most of the world then don't it?

And then there's that taquiya thingy which makes most people just a trifle suspicious.

Taquiya is also when your wife says, "how do you like my hat, or does this dress make me look fat"....

I don't know anyone who jams people up over religion.

eninn
09-07-2012, 07:35 AM
Polygyny:

Polygyny is one of the most questioned principles that Islam grants men and women. Indeed, many people wrongfully accuse Islam of injustice because it allows a man to have up to four wives. Nevertheless, like every instruction in the Quran, polygyny has a reason. You see, Islam is a practical religion that acknowledges the needs and temptations of human beings and provides laws that deal with them, thus preserving harmony and morality.

- Polygyny might be the solution for a couple if the wife is barren, the husband wants children of his own and the option of separation does not appeal to both parties.

- If a woman is chronically ill and is unable to perform her marital duties. Polygyny may also be the solution when the couple does not want divorce.

- Polygyny is the religion's answer to cases where some men have excessive sexual needs that cannot be fulfilled by one wife. This in no way means that men should abuse this right and use it whenever they fancy a woman. It is rather a chance Islam has provided to prevent men from committing adultery. Many people who condemn polygyny cheat on their wives, calling this phenomenon a 'swift affair.' Islam, at least, has offered the second woman the option of being called 'a wife' rather than 'a mistress', especially in some countries where women remarkably outnumber men.

- Polygyny may settle the problem of an increased number of unmarried women, especially during wars.

However, polygyny has some limits and conditions to be met. Indeed, the Quran instructs the man to be fair with his wives on all levels, including treatment, money, house, etc. The only level where the man may have an uneven stance is the level of the feelings that he cannot control:

The Quran says (what means): "You will never be able to do perfect justice between wives even if it is your ardent desire, so do not incline too much to one of them [by giving her more of your time and provision] so as to leave the other hanging [ie neither divorced nor married]. And if you do justice, and do all that is right and fear Allaah by keeping away from all that is wrong, then Allaah is Ever-Forgiving and All-Merciful. " [Quran 4:129]

Finally, it is worth knowing that Islam gives a woman the right to refuse polygyny for her husband by setting it as a condition during the marriage procedures. If this condition is set, then the woman is granted divorce if her husband marries another while he is still married to her.

You might ask, why could not there be polyandry (a woman having more than one husband)? The answer is simple. Islam did not allow it because Allaah is All-Aware that it will create a problem of kinship. This means that the child may not know who is actually his father (it could be anyone of the four husbands). In addition to the psychological damage it may cause, this problem also complicates the issue of inheritance. Even birds and animals do not allow polyandry.

eninn
09-07-2012, 08:07 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNME-0Z2PhU