PDA

View Full Version : How to deal with droughts.

Brett Nortje
11-14-2015, 02:42 AM
With droughts on the rise i would think that all the rain is falling out at sea, as it definitely is warmer. it being warmer means more water will be dissolving and becoming clouds, of course, but where is the rain?

When water dissolved out at sea, it leaves the salt behind. this is why we can drink it. if we drink it with the salt in it, then we will get more thirsty, of course.

Why are clouds attracted to mountains? it must be the mass of the mountains leading to electromagnetism, or, something like gravity, where the clouds come in from the sea. if we were to all live in the mountains, it might snow though, but that snow will lead to rain water once it melts - water without salt no less.

So, since the mountains are attracting rain, we could simulate this effort through a 'machine' that attracts clouds.

To puncture the clouds to get the water, we could 'heat' the clouds. this could follow the rain dance theory where people light fires to heat the clouds, but we could use 'microwaves,' yes? this approach will let us poach clouds once they come over, of course.

Now, all we need to do is to allocate who gets how many clouds! that is all we need to do, is to share the clouds out among the people of the continent, of course.

Gypsy
11-14-2015, 03:10 AM
If I remember correctly, which I may not be, El Nino and shifting winds determine rainfall. The south east of the US has been experiencing drought conditions for the past few years. Lately the area has been inundated with record rainfalls and has relieved most of those areas of drought conditions.

Can we safely produce rain?

Brett Nortje
11-14-2015, 03:56 AM
If I remember correctly, which I may not be, El Nino and shifting winds determine rainfall. The south east of the US has been experiencing drought conditions for the past few years. Lately the area has been inundated with record rainfalls and has relieved most of those areas of drought conditions.

Can we safely produce rain?

I am not so sure if it is safe to do this, it was just an idea. it is good to hear that the south east is getting rain now.

Peter1469
11-14-2015, 06:44 AM
We have used cloud seeding for a couple of decades. I posted a thread about it recently.