PDA

View Full Version : Pellets in Wood Stove?

valley ranch
11-14-2015, 12:08 PM
Wifey wanted to know if we can burn Pellets in our Wood Stoves. We made this Basket of Expanded Metal as a test.

An Amo Can was used as the form, About 8" X 12-14". I didn't invent this, items like this are sold in a couple different shapes sizes, and materials.

Filling the basket 3/4 full gives a burn of 2-3hours. The burn is hot and pretty clean. Today I will use Pellets to heat exclusively, to see how much of a of a bag it will take.

It's not very cold today about 35degrees, sun is out, I think it will get warmer.

Gypsy
11-14-2015, 12:35 PM
Pretty cool!

Peter1469
11-14-2015, 01:19 PM
I don't see why not.

donttread
11-14-2015, 02:45 PM
Wifey wanted to know if we can burn Pellets in our Wood Stoves. We made this Basket of Expanded Metal as a test.

An Amo Can was used as the form, About 8" X 12-14". I didn't invent this, items like this are sold in a couple different shapes sizes, and materials.

Filling the basket 3/4 full gives a burn of 2-3hours. The burn is hot and pretty clean. Today I will use Pellets to heat exclusively, to see how much of a of a bag it will take.

It's not very cold today about 35degrees, sun is out, I think it will get warmer.

You are clever Valley

valley ranch
11-23-2015, 10:10 PM
If you burn wood, Pellets could come in handy. I've been using them, pellets, as kindling. I think it will be a useful addition. I suggest having some around,,,if you burn wood.