PDA

View Full Version : OK, how do you get pictures/graphs to appear larger in posts?

Mainecoons
08-27-2012, 03:07 PM
When I use the board's insert image function, my graphs, pictures, whatever all end up being way too small. Sure you can click on them and expand them but you all seem to know how to have them sized better from the beginning.

Thanks.

Trinnity
08-27-2012, 03:27 PM
The only thing I know to do is run a pic through google images to get a different size. If anyone knows any other way, I'd like to know too.

Deadwood
08-27-2012, 03:30 PM
I have three programs to re-size the original, but they all get downsized coming in here. Just like Facebook cuts off the bottom of large ones

ADMIN
08-27-2012, 04:10 PM
There are two options for inserting images into threads.

First, to insert an image, click on the "Insert Image" icon of a tree inside a square (the third icon from the right in the Quick Reply box).

This will give you the two choices, each with a tab. The first option is to upload a file from your computer as an attachment. These images will display in the thread in a thumbnail form. Thumbnails can be clicked upon to see the full size image.

The other option is to link an image from elsewhere on the web through a url. To do this, click on the "From URL" tab in the Insert Image dialogue, and then paste the link. Unclick the box next to "retrieve remote file and access locally" to show the image full size and prevent the thumbnail from being created.

Captain Obvious
08-27-2012, 04:23 PM
I think if you're linking the pic from a host, you're stuck with it's criteria. The only way I can think of is what Trinn said, manually resize it and host it on Photobucket or something.

Conley
08-27-2012, 09:38 PM
Not sure I understand the question but I do link a lot of photos :cool2: so lemme know if I can help.

Mainecoons
08-28-2012, 09:02 AM
Thank you. Since I usually upload from my hard drive, looks like I'm stuck with the small size.

Captain Obvious
08-28-2012, 03:34 PM
Thank you. Since I usually upload from my hard drive, looks like I'm stuck with the small size.

There's a dick joke in there near the surface.

Cigar
08-29-2012, 07:34 AM
Keeping Images on your Hard Drive is the easiest way to infect your computer with a virus and pass it on to other computers and devises. Isolate yourself using Google, Photobucket or some other hosting software that is located in the cloud.

You’ll be receiving an invoice from my accountant. :)

Chris
08-29-2012, 08:42 AM

Try http://snag.gy/. Open pic on hard drive in paint and copy and paste to snag.gy, then put link between img tags here.

http://snag.gy/sOQJF.jpg

Quote this post to see what it looks like.

Conley
08-29-2012, 10:53 PM

But all we have to do is click to see them full size, right? Lot of advice in this thread so I won't add anymore. Looks like we got a bunch of computer nerds on here :grin:

Trinnity
08-29-2012, 11:49 PM
Looks like we got a bunch of computer nerds on here :grin:

HEY !!!! :facepalm: