PDA

View Full Version : President's Speech

MMC
09-08-2011, 08:12 PM
Did anyone hear the President's Speech? What is it he says will create jobs?

Mister D
09-08-2011, 08:26 PM
Sounds like he was begging Congress to pass his bill. He's getting desperate.

wingrider
09-08-2011, 11:11 PM
what I found a problem with was pass this bill immediatly and in two weeks i will tell you how we are going to pay for it.

it reminded me of Pelosi on the health care bill

" we have to pass it so we can see whats in it"

sorry I don't buy a pig in poke.

MMC
09-09-2011, 06:00 AM
How does he think building New Schools will create jobs? How does the Creation of Infrastructure Bank not add to the debt and deficit. Repubs should be about taking that off the table up front. Kerry's Idea to run in line with his Legislation for Nation Building and Infrastructure for other countries. Thats where the money will end up going.

As far as he will go to the four corners of the country with his message. Thats code for campaign-time.

Juggernaut
09-09-2011, 06:59 AM
Obama is too focused on union job creating and temp jobs in contracting. I heard a little that suggested manufacturing.....that's where you get the most bang for the buck with a small investment per job. Instead this idea sounds a lot like a small stimulus like 2009. Schools, sure a few are in need of repair but this sounds more like jobs for teacher to feed the unions more money to feed dems more campaign money. Chicago style!

It sickened me to see GE corp tax cheat Jeff Immelt in session and BO actually mentioned him even though GE has sent light build, wind mill and air craft jobs to China. The ChiComs get the jobs and a tax cheat gives this fool advice. Only in America. Immelt is up for a DoD review for selling to Iran.

Conley
09-09-2011, 09:54 AM
How does he think building New Schools will create jobs? How does the Creation of Infrastructure Bank not add to the debt and deficit. Repubs should be about taking that off the table up front. Kerry's Idea to run in line with his Legislation for Nation Building and Infrastructure for other countries. Thats where the money will end up going.

As far as he will go to the four corners of the country with his message. Thats code for campaign-time.

Looks like a part of it is for construction and public works. New schools and fixing roads and bridges. IMO the infrastructure in this country sucks and this is what should have been done years ago we were first dealing with all this unemployment stuff. Now I don't know if we are too far down the hole to be spending like this...this part is only 140B I think, small compared to the overall 447B but still a lot to consider.

MMC
09-09-2011, 10:03 AM

Looks like a part of it is for construction and public works. New schools and fixing roads and bridges. IMO the infrastructure in this country sucks and this is what should have been done years ago we were first dealing with all this unemployment stuff. Now I don't know if we are too far down the hole to be spending like this...this part is only 140B I think, small compared to the overall 447B but still a lot to consider.

The Dept of Education owns properties with abandoned schools and lots. There is no reason to think that building new schools will create jobs. Lets the schools sell that shit off and remodel what they got. Hiring more teachers? They are laying off teachers. Not to mention in some areas the Dems have shitted on the schools unions. In Chicago Emanuel is the one that pushed for a no strike clause. So trying to persuade the nation that they will get jobs thru this part of his plan is nothing more than pandering to his base. Maybe money for the states which will be split amongs all emergency responders and police and fire.

Moreover the creation of another bank by the Fed. No thank you! We will never see that money. We need to get rid of the Federal Reserve now let alone give them another bank.

Conley
09-09-2011, 10:09 AM
A new bank? What is that about?

We need that like I need a hole in my head.

MMC
09-09-2011, 10:44 AM
A new bank? What is that about?

We need that like I need a hole in my head.

Thats what he said in his speech. An idea by John Kerry. Calling it an Infrastructure Bank. That needs to come off the bill and off the table. Goes with Kerry's legislation that he put forth for Nation Building and Infrastructure for other countries. Create a bank and put money in for disaters and infrastructure. Wish someone like Gates was up there to say, "over my dead body".

Conley
09-09-2011, 10:55 AM
John Kerry? Uggh.

I don't see the Republicans going for this schnit.

I do think the infrastructure in this country needs to be repaired and jobs can be created that way, just got to have oversight that the funds are being spent properly. Did you see the article I posted up about how easy it is to hack into a nuclear plant? Some rogue guys in China could take down the national grid, water supply, air traffic control, you name it. Not to mention all that stuff is failing on its own. Water pipes exploding in cities with the chance to really injure people via shrapnel, collapsing bridges, etc. We need to fix that stuff up and I'd rather the money go toward that than Wall Street again.

Mister D
09-09-2011, 10:59 AM
Yeah, I'd like to see some effort spent on infrastructure.

MMC
09-09-2011, 11:05 AM
John Kerry? Uggh.

I don't see the Republicans going for this schnit.

I do think the infrastructure in this country needs to be repaired and jobs can be created that way, just got to have oversight that the funds are being spent properly. Did you see the article I posted up about how easy it is to hack into a nuclear plant? Some rogue guys in China could take down the national grid, water supply, air traffic control, you name it. Not to mention all that stuff is failing on its own. Water pipes exploding in cities with the chance to really injure people via shrapnel, collapsing bridges, etc. We need to fix that stuff up and I'd rather the money go toward that than Wall Street again.

Yeah I thought I responded to that one.....they have gotten everybody now. From DOD to FBI and Police. Plus like one professor I heard talking. he was mentioning about the technology. That jobs are not like what would see working on the Hoover Dam. With Bodies all over the place. That todays tech has limited the manpower and taken away jobs that use to be out there. Or does not require as much manpower.

One thing I would do is force the Oil Companies that if they are advertizing the gas Station. Such as Mobile, Shell, Exxon, that those stations have to be full service gas stations. That means with the pumping of gas, checking some cars oil and tires. Wiping off the glass. Bringing back jobs for young people. Also It would make people aware of things that might be going on with their cars.

Juggernaut
09-09-2011, 07:24 PM
Let’s focus purely on the very numbers that the administration has offered –numbers that would undoubtedly be revised upward, if the plan is passed. Not too mention Obama has yet to show where the cuts would come from to pay for this idea.

Total package – $447 billion

- 50% payroll tax cut for every employee, dropping the rate from 6.2% to 3.1%= $175 billion. I dems wanted revenue increases, they really need to pick one, raise tax receipts or lower them but Obama continues to pander to the far left. You can't raise taxes in a down economy.

-Obama also proposed cutting the employer payroll tax in half on the first $5 million of a firm’s payroll in 2012. About 98% of firms have payrolls of $5 million or less.= $70 billion. A good idea to stimulate spending from people who need the extra cash.

-National infrastructure bank = $10 billion

- Pork project handouts to unions for roads, rails and bridges= $50 billion

-Extension of unemployment insurance benefits to be extended for another year, beyond the 99 weeks= $62 billion. This will help, problem is too many refuse to take a lesser job till something better comes along. Better to take a job you don't like than sit at home since employers score people negatively the longer they are unemployed - which is an unfair practice. Unemployed and employers are hurting the economy playing to unpopular choices.

-Handouts to public school teacher unions, even though we already spend more per capita on education than any other country=$35 billion. Teachers are overpaid as is and the drop out rate is higher and grades are lower. Obama is paying off unions for votes.

-Refurbishing schools, a responsibility of local government=$25 billion Needed yes

-Handouts to community colleges=$5 billion More details

-Rehabilitate vacant property=$15 billion

While he has failed to account for the source of revenue, he hinted to tax increases on rich people and closing oil company tax loopholes. But here is the kicker. Tax increase rants have been persistent since BO took office. Companies can't plan ahead till they knew tax liabilities and they won't expand if they think taxes are going up since it could cost them more. Plus they want to keep people working to protect those employees. Obama still doesn't get it!!!