PDA

View Full Version : The Republican Debate.....

MMC
09-08-2011, 08:15 PM
Anyone see the Debate. Hear any news on it? Looks like Perry and Romney stole the show. No mention of Ron Paul. Was he even there?

wingrider
09-08-2011, 11:17 PM
I thought that newt did a good job calling out the media on their bs.. the media was trying to get them to go after each other and they refused to do it..

here is what newsmax reported:

Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich bristled when moderators at Wednesday’s debate sought to explore the differences among the GOP presidential candidates on President Obama’s healthcare plan, firing back to Politico’s John Harris: “Well, I’m frankly not interested in your effort to get Republicans fighting each other.”

Gingrich’s anti-media theme triggered loud applause in the Ronald Reagan library that was the venue for Wednesday’s debate. His broadside continued a theme that proved successful for Gingrich in the previous debate in Iowa.

“The fact is, you would like to puff this up into some giant thing,” Gingrich complained. “The fact is, every person up here understands Obamacare is a disaster.

“It’s a disaster procedurally -- it was rammed through after they lost Teddy Kennedy’s seat in Massachusetts, it was written badly, it was never reconciled, it can’t be implemented, it is killing this economy, and if this president had any concern for working Americans, he’d walk in Thursday night and ask us to repeal it, because it is a monstrosity. Every person up here agrees with that.”

That evoked even louder applause.

“And since I still have a little time left, let me just say, I for one and I hope all of my friends up here are going to repudiated every effort of the news media to get Republicans to fight each other to protect Barack Obama, who deserves to be defeated … whoever the nominee is, we are all for defeating Barack Obama,” Gingrich concluded.

http://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/gingrich-media-attacks-debate/2011/09/07/id/410144

MMC
09-09-2011, 02:55 AM
What a waste of time Gingrich is and has been. Attacking the Media.....go figure. Great deflection as to how his campaign is a waste of time and nothing but a scam to get this guy some more money. The Idea-Man falling back on the oldest trick in the book. Blaming the media. Here this guy was like he was already to debate the other candidates. Ready to take them on. Now Perry gets backing from the Tea party and the Neo-Cons and Gingrich folds. Not surprising coming from a fake-ass so called leader.

Also again as I mentioned they made sure Ron Paul did not get any coverage. The media hasnt said anything about him at all.

wingrider
09-09-2011, 06:27 AM
the in this instance the media was trying to get the repubs to battle each other so newt for once in his life was correct in his summation...

as far as paul goes.. the media will never give him the acknowlegement he deserves.

Mister D
09-09-2011, 01:25 PM
Perry is pretty bad on immigration/migration. I don't know about this guy.

Conley
09-09-2011, 03:04 PM
the in this instance the media was trying to get the repubs to battle each other so newt for once in his life was correct in his summation...

as far as paul goes.. the media will never give him the acknowlegement he deserves.

Well I didn't see it, but it seems to me the point of the debate is to note the differences between the GOP and if they fight so be it.

It's not like Perry and Romney haven't been blasting on each other. They do that because they want to win, not because the media is forcing them to do it.

Truthfully I am tired of all the politicians blasting the media when they are so much a part of it. Palin and Huckabee are just a couple who have talked crap about the media and then turned around and get a pretty penny from it. So, maybe Newt had a point but I do want to hear the differences and not just have them all stand up there for an hour or two saying they are going to create more jobs and reduce crime.

Conley
09-09-2011, 03:05 PM

He definitely has red flags in his background (Gore!) but what choice do most people have? They can't risk another four years of Obama. I am fairly certain I'll be voting libertarian but I'll wait to make sure until I know who the nominee is.

Conley
09-09-2011, 03:05 PM

This I think is a much more valid criticism of the media and that's the one that really sticks in my craw.

MMC
09-09-2011, 08:01 PM

I agree with you there D.....and as Cl brought up with him dropping his flag and then riding with the Neo-Cons. Shows he would ditch what he allegedly believed and was all about if push comes to shove. >:D

Conley
09-09-2011, 08:04 PM

I agree with you there D.....and as Cl brought up with him dropping his flag and then riding with the Neo-Cons. Shows he would ditch what he allegedly believed and was all about if push comes to shove. >:D

I feel like this is the case w/ most pols today. Especially Obama. Seems to me Paul is the only guy who has maintained his stance throughout the years, even when it might be unpopular. He'll still say what needs to be said and doesn't back down when challenged. The others backtrack, fence straddle, and just bs. I am really hope Rand Paul follows in his father's footsteps and runs for the nomination next time around. We need someone with principles and a responsibility to the people ASAP.

Juggernaut
09-09-2011, 08:07 PM

I didn't like his refusal to build a border fence, need to know more. If it was the wrong fence then so be it but its better to build something than do nothing. Romney is the worst of the 2 so its the neocon or the other neocon. Bachman has flaked out as predicted and Newt was impressive but has baggage. Its like John Stewart said "the usual suspects".

Conley
09-09-2011, 08:10 PM
I have concerns about Perry but I am certain he will be better than Obama. I'm not even sure I worry about the neocons any more. I worry about more basic stuff like food and a roof. Like I said I am probably voting Libertarian Party unless they have a really crappy nominee but as long as Obama is gone then I'll be more optimistic. 4 more years of this and we'll could be seeing riots like London all across the country. Wouldn't surprise me at all in the next decade.

Juggernaut
09-09-2011, 08:18 PM
Who is LP backing? Ron Paul or someone else. I think the riots are coming if BO cuts entitlements because his speech mentioned medicare, the second time he's called for cuts. Fortunately BO pass an executive order giving gov control to shut down portions of the internet so blogs and twitter could be controlled but the Rodney King riots happened long before smart phones and mass internet users.

Conley
09-09-2011, 08:21 PM
Who is LP backing? Ron Paul or someone else. I think the riots are coming if BO cuts entitlements because his speech mentioned medicare, the second time he's called for cuts. Fortunately BO pass an executive order giving gov control to shut down portions of the internet so blogs and twitter could be controlled but the Rodney King riots happened long before smart phones and mass internet users.

They have a convention just like the Dems and Repubs. Not sure who it will be. Last time was a complete clusterfuck, there was some back door shady shit and Bob Barr got nominated. I voted for him just because I couldn't pull the trigger on McCain. It still bothers me that I voted for Barr but I can't change it now.

Conley
09-09-2011, 08:24 PM
Wayne Allyn Root is a shitbird too, he sells (sold?) NFL picks for money on one of those Sunday shows.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Barr#Libertarian_Party

In early 2008, rumors circulated that Barr was considering a presidential run under the Libertarian Party banner. Activists began a Facebook group dedicated to drafting Barr into the nomination contest,[109] and Barr later confirmed his interest.[110] He launched a presidential exploratory committee and campaign website[111] on April 5,[112] and formally announced his candidacy[113] for the Libertarian nomination on May 12.[114] His announcement came a mere ten days before the start of the Libertarian Party Convention, where delegates select the presidential candidate.[115]
Bob Barr speaks in October 2008.

Following his announcement, Rasmussen Reports had Barr polling at 6% nationwide against Barack Obama (42%), John McCain (38%), and Ralph Nader (4%).[116] The study identified Barr as the Libertarian candidate, but most voters said they didn't know enough about him to have an opinion of him personally.[116] Barr's support in the poll was a net drain on Republicans; he picked up 7% of the Republican vote, 5% of the Democratic vote, and 5% of the unaffiliated vote.[116]

On May 25, 2008, Barr became the 2008 Libertarian presidential nominee after six rounds of voting at the 2008 Libertarian convention. He beat Mary Ruwart in the final round of voting, with 324 delegates to Ruwart's 276, with 26 none-of-the-above votes.[117] Barr had received the endorsement of Wayne Allyn Root, one of his rivals for the nomination, after Root was eliminated following the fifth round of balloting. Barr, in turn, endorsed Root for the party's vice presidential nomination, which he received. Reason magazine senior editor Radley Balko called Barr "the first serious candidate the LP has run since I've been eligible to vote."[118]

On June 4, 2008, Barr invited the Republican Party's presumptive presidential nominee, John McCain, and the Democratic Party's presumptive presidential nominee, Barack Obama, to weekly presidential debates through an official press release.[119]

Many opinion leaders predicted that Barr could siphon off conservative votes that would have otherwise gone to McCain. John Linder, who defeated Barr for the Republican nomination in a 2002 congressional race, said that Barr could cause serious problems for McCain in some states.[120] Barr repeatedly rejected this assertion as scapegoating, responding that small-government Republicans would not vote for McCain anyway, nor would civil libertarians vote for Obama.[121]

Barr appeared on the ballot in 45 states.[122] In July, he filed a lawsuit against Oklahoma for its unusually restrictive ballot access laws,[123] which he contends are contrary to the First Amendment right to petition one's government for a redress of grievances.[124] In July, a Zogby poll had Barr receiving 6% of the vote nationwide, as well as double digits in several states.[125]

A Zogby poll released on August 15, 2008, indicated that most Republican and Democratic voters wanted Barr to be included in the presidential debates. The poll also indicated that almost 70% of independent voters would have liked to see him included.[126]

On September 17, 2008, Barr filed suit in Texas to remove both McCain and Obama from the ballot. Both political parties failed to file their nominees by the deadline.[127] On September 23, 2008, the Texas Supreme Court rejected the request without giving a reason for its decision.[128]

Among his campaign positions, Barr distinguished himself strongly from Obama and McCain by opposing the financial bailout bill.[129]

On November 4, 2008, Barr received 523,686 votes, 0.4% of the national vote [130] This was the second highest number of votes nationwide that a Libertarian Party presidential candidate has received.[131]

MMC
09-09-2011, 08:36 PM

I feel like this is the case w/ most pols today. Especially Obama. Seems to me Paul is the only guy who has maintained his stance throughout the years, even when it might be unpopular. He'll still say what needs to be said and doesn't back down when challenged. The others backtrack, fence straddle, and just bs. I am really hope Rand Paul follows in his father's footsteps and runs for the nomination next time around. We need someone with principles and a responsibility to the people ASAP.

Well they may straddle lines and hop, skip and jump over now and then. But most pretty much ride with what they are. Maybe I would be more sympathetic to Perry if he went independant or something. To me Neo Libs can hide out amongst Neo-Cons with ease. Plus years ago the Dems wanted to shall we say infiltrate the Republican party. What better way than thru the Corporate Venture and Venue. Leads to the NWO.....both paths.

Conley
09-09-2011, 08:45 PM

Well they may straddle lines and hop, skip and jump over now and then. But most pretty much ride with what they are. Maybe I would be more sympathetic to Perry if he went independant or something. To me Neo Libs can hide out amongst Neo-Cons with ease. Plus years ago the Dems wanted to shall we say infiltrate the Republican party. What better way than thru the Corporate Venture and Venue. Leads to the NWO.....both paths.

Yeah...I don't really care about the Dems or the Repubs, both parties can rot as far as I am concerned. I am not a fan of the NWO and all that though. So who would you vote for if it came down to it? Or would you skip?

MMC
09-09-2011, 09:10 PM

Yeah...I don't really care about the Dems or the Repubs, both parties can rot as far as I am concerned. I am not a fan of the NWO and all that though. So who would you vote for if it came down to it? Or would you skip?

I wouldnt Vote the top of the ticket.....I agree with some of what Ron Paul says. but he is another that is older. Plus I am not about total isolationism.

Both parties are no longer what they once were. There are only a few true Repubs left and all will just equate to the conservatism. As to which way they lean.

Conley
09-10-2011, 09:56 AM
hmmm not sure if that is an acceptable answer

judges?

>:D

MMC
09-10-2011, 10:23 AM
hmmm not sure if that is an acceptable answer

judges?

>:D

Well.....Judges?

wingrider
09-11-2011, 09:40 AM

I wouldnt Vote the top of the ticket.....I agree with some of what Ron Paul says. but he is another that is older. Plus I am not about total isolationism.Both parties are no longer what they once were. There are only a few true Repubs left and all will just equate to the conservatism. As to which way they lean.

the thing here is that Ron Paul is not about Total Isolation either.. He is for trade with other nations, but against policing those nations with our military and is against nation building.. do you realize that if we didn't have bases in 165 countries and we didn't have our millitary policing thos same nations how much the DOD budget could be lowered,, we really don't need a standing army spread all over the world. not with todays technology

Conley
09-11-2011, 10:12 AM
Well said LoVE....

Also Paul has some ideas that are out there but working with a conservative Congress they could meet in the middle and imo come up with the best possible solution for the American people. I know of no other Pol at that level who won't just sell out to the special interests.

MMC
09-11-2011, 10:47 AM
Well said LoVE....

Also Paul has some ideas that are out there but working with a conservative Congress they could meet in the middle and imo come up with the best possible solution for the American people. I know of no other Pol at that level who won't just sell out to the special interests.

I think he would be more of an isolationist if he was able to go about foreign affairs after the way he would initially start off. Personally I think that is where Paul would be weak, to weak, and I think we have been shown by the Entire World we cannot be weak when it comes to dealing with other Foreign Countries and or the UN.

I also question the merits of Paul's arguments concerning going back to the gold standard. Especially the part about that doing such would limit a countries ability to go to war or start conflicts. Which I disagree with wholeheartedly. :-\

Where does he stand on fracking? I am good with him on getting rid of the Federal Reserve. Where is he on drilling? I am good with auditing the fed and taking most of the purse strings from Congress. I know he has a coastal district in Texas. Also isn't much of the Oil Industry in his districts? Another thing I would be concerned about is his age.

Just look at what 3 yrs in the White House does to a human-being. Course Paul would probably smoke some weed and he wouldnt be as stressed. :D

MMC
09-23-2011, 12:15 PM
There was a debate last nite. Most of the media headlines is thatPerry got lit up by Romney this time round. Anyone catch any of it? I feel asleep watching Ancient Civilizations and Aliens.

Mister D
09-23-2011, 12:17 PM
There was a debate last nite. Most of the media headlines is thatPerry got lit up by Romney this time round. Anyone catch any of it? I feel asleep watching Ancient Civilizations and Aliens.

:D :D I fell asleep to Anicent Aliens too. I woke up around 2 or 3 and put on Fox. The debate was on but I turned the TV off. I figured I'd strat to get pissed off if I listened.

MMC
09-23-2011, 12:23 PM

:D :D I fell asleep to Anicent Aliens too. I woke up around 2 or 3 and put on Fox. The debate was on but I turned the TV off. I figured I'd strat to get pissed off if I listened.

How did you like the bit on the Mahabarata with what they were explaining about Vishnu?

Mister D
09-23-2011, 12:37 PM

How did you like the bit on the Mahabarata with what they were explaining about Vishnu?

That was when they were talking about high tech weapons in the remote past, right? I thi a lot of it is far fetched but it's enjoyable to watch.

Conley
09-23-2011, 12:46 PM
You guys are cuckoo... ;D

http://troll.me/images/ancient-aliens-guy/this-hair-brought-to-you-by-ancient-fucking-aliens.jpg

Mister D
09-23-2011, 12:48 PM
You guys are cuckoo... ;D

http://troll.me/images/ancient-aliens-guy/this-hair-brought-to-you-by-ancient-fucking-aliens.jpg

That guy is a big part of the show. :D There is this chubby dude with glasses that I can't stand. He pronounces God as Gawd. Drives me nuts. ::)

Conley
09-23-2011, 12:50 PM
That sounds like a Jersey thing. Or Long Island.

Mister D
09-23-2011, 12:54 PM
That sounds like a Jersey thing. Or Long Island.

I know what you mean but it doesn't strike me as a Jersey City or Brooklyn accent. He sounds a little midwestern but I don't know. I don't even know his name. I just saw this.

http://troll.me/images/ancient-aliens-guy/black-people-stealing-things-aliens-did-it.jpg

Mister D
09-23-2011, 12:55 PM
:D :D :D

http://troll.me/images/ancient-aliens-guy/the-joint-was-this-big-it-could-have-only-come-from-alien-technology.jpg

Mister D
09-23-2011, 12:56 PM
http://troll.me/images/ancient-aliens-guy/i-cant-explain-it-so-it-must-be-aliens.jpg

Mister D
09-23-2011, 01:02 PM
This is the guy.

http://www.alef.net/ALEFWorks/Notices/DavidChildress.Gif

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/j-eiNscnn_Q/0.jpg

Conley
09-23-2011, 01:05 PM
:D :D :D

http://troll.me/images/ancient-aliens-guy/the-joint-was-this-big-it-could-have-only-come-from-alien-technology.jpg

:roflmao:

Conley
09-23-2011, 01:05 PM
I'll have to try and catch this some time. Drunk of course. ;D When is it on?

Mister D
09-23-2011, 01:17 PM

It's on History International. I don't think it's on at a set time but they show the some episodes at least 4 or 5 times a week. Last night there were 4 in a row.

Conley
09-23-2011, 01:26 PM

It's on History International. I don't think it's on at a set time but they show the some episodes at least 4 or 5 times a week. Last night there were 4 in a row.

:D

No wonder you guys fell asleep. Yeah I will have to look for it next time I am channel flipping.

Mister D
09-23-2011, 01:28 PM

:D

No wonder you guys fell asleep. Yeah I will have to look for it next time I am channel flipping.

That guy is a fixture of the show. It wouldn't be the same without him. ;D

Pendragon
09-23-2011, 02:14 PM
Ancient Aliens is a wonderful show.

I have often fantasized about ancient civilizations and the technologies they may have possessed.

Mister D
09-23-2011, 02:23 PM
Ancient Aliens is a wonderful show.

I have often fantasized about ancient civilizations and the technologies they may have possessed.

I think of it is far fetched (maybe a lot) but it is fun to watch.

Pendragon
09-23-2011, 02:53 PM
I believe it is possible that ancient technologies existed which have not lasted through the decay of time and the elements.

Mister D
09-23-2011, 03:00 PM
I believe it is possible that ancient technologies existed which have not lasted through the decay of time and the elements.

I think it's quite plausible that we are unaware of some ancient technology. I just don't think it's plausible that those technologies were brought by aliens. That's the thing. It's all possible but it usually doesn't get further than that.

Conley
09-23-2011, 03:14 PM
Yeah, the bigger jump would be the aliens in my mind.

wingrider
09-23-2011, 04:45 PM
do a study on the annunaki.. quite interesting theory

Conley
09-24-2011, 12:13 PM
So what is the theory in a nutshell?

MMC
09-24-2011, 12:55 PM
So what is the theory in a nutshell?

The Theory is that the ancient civilizations were visited by Aliens, Et's, and that these Aliens came from other worlds. Then were interpreted to be Gods. Wherein Religious dogma was set in their place. There is some evidence to support what is being stated. it is also my belief that despite being a show to get ratings it is some truth as to what took place. Does it remove the concept of God or a Creator? No. For something would still have to create that life. Also it should be tied in with the UFO Hunters and other shows on such. For I cannot dismiss military personell and their reports. Nor Astronauts either. All are trained observers.

Man-made religions are what we have. Every holy book on earth has references to some sort of story. Which would depict the Gods.

The Sumerians were the first to write.....they recorded everything and anything down in their Codex. They taught the Hebrews to write, the Egyptians, and the Syrians. yet thruout the world other civilizations were leaving markings and or drawings of what they were seeing and encountering. From those in the West to those in the East.

According to the Sumerians we were created as a slave race. That the Gods had come down and that they were looking for gold and other resources. Even the Bible has Enoch-Cain's Son, and Ezekeil describing the Flying Chariots and the Gods. Their names etc etc. The Mahabarata describes in detail what the Hindu's encountered. There are Chinese writings and Japanese writings describing certian events and gods coming down to their respective lands. You cannot name one that does not speak of them. American and South American Indians too.

There are even drawings in caves by Cro-magnum man with drawings which depicts human like forms descending from the sky. Some eerily resembling what our Astronauts look like today.

Then there are the technologies. The Megolithic Structures built and set to certain stars. Devices that have been found. Things that do not make sense with the explanations we have currently which can be debunked like the building of the Pyramid of Gisa or the one in Mexico.

Conley
09-24-2011, 01:01 PM
Thanks for that thorough write - up!

I have read a little about the Sumerians and their fascination with the sky.

It seems many ancient civilizations turned to the sky for answers. Maybe they knew something?

Conley
09-24-2011, 01:02 PM
Also, It really wouldn't take many generations for the facts of a visit to become mythology or for the account of those who saw it first hand to be changed, considering the primitive writing and symbols.

MMC
09-24-2011, 01:14 PM
Also, It really wouldn't take many generations for the facts of a visit to become mythology or for the account of those who saw it first hand to be changed, considering the primitive writing and symbols.

Not to mention what was passed by word of mouth alone and under guidance by man. Like with the Brews Torah. As one example. We should start a thread on it alone. As they have new episodes coming out. The second Guy that D showed with the glasses his main study is in Mexico. Otherwise some of the shit he says is way out or he is talking about another's study. The first guy is Georgio Tsakulous. Also the UFO Hunters have somethings that are tied in to this. As well as religions and Governments.

Conley
09-24-2011, 01:18 PM
Sounds good, lets do it. We've gotten pretty far from the Republican debate! :D

I have always been fascinated by this stuff. Stonehenge and all the rest too.

Mister D
09-24-2011, 01:29 PM
I saw Ancient Aliens when it first came out and it was a 2 hour documentary. I thought it was a one time deal but apparently it's been made into a series.

MMC
09-24-2011, 01:45 PM
I saw Ancient Aliens when it first came out and it was a 2 hour documentary. I thought it was a one time deal but apparently it's been made into a series.

Yep it was always set up to run that way due to all the different civilizations. Then the tech. From Weapons to building. With things that are now facts that we were not told growing up. With regard to certain civilizations.

Mister D
09-24-2011, 01:49 PM

Yep it was always set up to run that way due to all the different civilizations. Then the tech. From Weapons to building. With things that are now facts that we were not told growing up. With regard to certain civilizations.

We weren't told these things because, for the most part, it's wild speculation.

MMC
09-24-2011, 01:59 PM

Not for most of them.....we have already seen some of those facts change.

Mister D
09-24-2011, 02:08 PM

Not for most of them.....we have already seen some of those facts change.

We'd have to take that on a case by case basis.