PDA

View Full Version : Breaking News.....Credible But Unconfirmed Terrorism Threat.....

MMC
09-08-2011, 08:32 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/u-sees-credible-unconfirmed-terrorism-threat-000206574.html
Reuters – 32 mins ago.....

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Barack Obama on Thursday ordered a redoubling of counter-terrorism efforts in the face of a "credible but unconfirmed" threat ahead of the 10th anniversary of the September 11, 2001 attacks.

U.S. officials, speaking to Reuters on condition of anonymity, said the threat involved Washington D.C. and New York City.....snip~

New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg will be holding a news conference with Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly and the FBI New York field office assistant director in charge at 9:30 p.m. EDT (0130 GMT) at police headquarters. The topic was not disclosed. An AP reporter and photographer are staffing.

http://news.yahoo.com/ap-source-specific-unconfirmed-threat-received-234228929.html

Mister D
09-08-2011, 08:37 PM
There have been plenty of these but better safe than sorry. Not sure if it's such a good idea to make it public right away but maybe it is. :-\ People may be more cognizant of their surroundings.

wingrider
09-08-2011, 11:19 PM
or it is an attempt to create a crises where none exists..

time will tell but I for one don't really believe half the garbage spewed out by DC

MMC
09-09-2011, 03:10 AM
I think there was some intel out of Pakistan that the CIA picked-up. I fell asleep so I did not get to hear what Bloomberg said. Do I believe there are credible threats. I would say yes.

I am with D on this in that it would at least make the citizenry aware and to be aware is to be alive! To be alert. Althought I would say most Americans are alert. Especially with crime and anything unusual going on around them. But how many would even notice someone leaving a package or parking a strange vehicle somewheres. So to me I would think it is the right move to have people be aware.

Juggernaut
09-09-2011, 06:53 AM
Gov knew because of details found at bin Laden's lair plus chatter is high. Its better to give people the heads up, I just hope new yorkers don't raise hell if nothing happens. The cry wolf scenario lessens some to pay attention. After hurricane Irene, some acted like they left for nothing. Problem is Al Qaeda is known for anniversary attacks in other countries. If nothing happens then they were testing our defense response.

Conley
09-09-2011, 09:49 AM
I think Obummer is taking a page out of the Dubya playbook...people were already on edge with the anniversary and were going to report anything suspicious. I guess better to be safe than sorry but again all this crying wolf has the effect of them not being taken seriously. Nevermind the fact that by making AQ seem more powerful than they really are they are just encouraging that scnit.

MMC
09-09-2011, 10:13 AM
I think Obummer is taking a page out of the Dubya playbook...people were already on edge with the anniversary and were going to report anything suspicious. I guess better to be safe than sorry but again all this crying wolf has the effect of them not being taken seriously. Nevermind the fact that by making AQ seem more powerful than they really are they are just encouraging that scnit.

Yeah before all heard the left crying that it was Repubs and or the right that was trying to install fear in the general public. But now when Obama does it it is a different story and that they have reasons. What a bunch of hypocrits.

After he gives his speech and the NFL make this big hoopla over the start of Football season. We all good.....but in a couple days we have to be alert. We have confirmed that we know something is up.....we just don't know what it is. WTF is that. Uhm well we have credible information but that is not confirmed. It's back, it could be, it might just be, looks like its a possibility, it could go.....all.....the Way. It's back back on the warning track, back, back, awwww caught at the top of the wall. ::)

Conley
09-09-2011, 10:21 AM
I see the Fox News website has it as a huge story, dominating the front page. I'm more worried about this "jobs bill" to be honest.

MMC
09-09-2011, 10:31 AM
I see the Fox News website has it as a huge story, dominating the front page. I'm more worried about this "jobs bill" to be honest.

Me too and that Infrastructure bank idea......but even CNN and MSDNC have been showing all about 911 and the Anniversary.

I mean like the ME and most of Asia.....blowing things up and killing a bunch of people is a weekly thing. I just don't see them celebrating 10 years of the misery.
Sometimes the Media is our worse enemy.....know what I mean.

Conley
09-09-2011, 10:36 AM
Definitely agree with you on that. The media is a business, some people think it's a public service and they take it as gospel. Fact of the matter is it is a business trying to earn a buck like any other. Course you know a lot more about it than I do

MMC
09-09-2011, 10:54 AM
Definitely agree with you on that. The media is a business, some people think it's a public service and they take it as gospel. Fact of the matter is it is a business trying to earn a buck like any other. Course you know a lot more about it than I do

Moreover these Media types today would lead the enemy right to the spot where they can do the most damage. To concerned about their own 15 mins of fame. Or if they are like one of the news anchors who roll up on the scene and are there it is all about them and the way they want to bring you the story.

Conley
09-09-2011, 10:56 AM

Moreover these Media types today would lead the enemy right to the spot where they can do the most damage. To concerned about their own 15 mins of fame. Or if they are like one of the news anchors who roll up on the scene and are there it is all about them and the way they want to bring you the story.

Yep that is a good point. No concern for security, then they wonder why people don't want them around.