PDA

View Full Version : College Football Starting Tomorrow

Conley
08-29-2012, 11:08 PM
To get you fired up (there is a cat theme tonight)!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EChnZTJicw

Conley
08-29-2012, 11:09 PM
This will come as a huge surprise but this guy ^^^ got fired. :shocked:

sec
09-04-2012, 10:01 AM
I can't wait to see who faces USC in the BCS championship game.

Bama really showed me something the other day but it was after all a Big 10 team so one can't really judge based upon that. How will Bama do against Georgia in the SEC Championship game or can the post-Petrino Hawgs get it done during conference play vs Bama

If Bama gets past the Hawgs and beats the Dawgs then God pity USC in the Championship game because no team will beat them.

Maybe the Ducks will pull an upset over USC and we'll watch the Tide dismantle Oregon because Oregon cannot handle a world class SEC defense.

Conley
09-04-2012, 10:51 PM
Hey good to see ya round SEC...I can guess which conference you're cheering for. Saw Bama passed USC in the poll today.

You forgot to mention LSU :evil: :grin: They might have something to say...still think Bama gets it but LSU will give Bama more of a fight than Oregon will give USC imo...some time soon the hammer will drop on Kelly and his crooked program

sec
09-05-2012, 10:18 AM
Hey good to see ya round SEC...I can guess which conference you're cheering for. Saw Bama passed USC in the poll today.

You forgot to mention LSU :evil: :grin: They might have something to say...still think Bama gets it but LSU will give Bama more of a fight than Oregon will give USC imo...some time soon the hammer will drop on Kelly and his crooked program

Oregon has speed and that's enough against most PAC 12 teams. Last year was the best team Oregon had fielded and we saw what happened against a good SEC team. The cream in the SEC are just too much for other teams and that's just not pride of conference speaking.

Would Luck have looked as good if he played against Bama or LSU? I think not.

But, USC makes me nervous and the Bulldogs make me nervous because they could take away Bama's chance of returning to the BCS championship by winning the SEC title which would leave USC vs FSU.

All USC needs to do is hammer the Ducks defensively and they march into the championship

But, if the Tide does survive the Dawgs, and they are full strength and not injured, then they will defeat USC. My worry is the Dawgs will just beat them down. That is life in the SEC.......best damn conference bar none

Akula
09-05-2012, 11:36 AM
LSU is VERY motivated to play alabama again.
We're still pissed off at coach Miles for leaving the thug Jefferson in at QB after he proved he was incompetent, rather than give the kid who GOT THEM THERE a chance.
Thankfully jefferson is gone now..Working at mcdonalds? Wal mart?
I know tampa gave him a tryout but ended up waiving him.

Anyway..LSU has its' QB issues settled for the first time in 4 years...Let's see who can stop our running game now that we have a legitimate passing threat to keep them honest.

sec
09-05-2012, 12:56 PM
LSU is VERY motivated to play alabama again.
We're still pissed off at coach Miles for leaving the thug Jefferson in at QB after he proved he was incompetent, rather than give the kid who GOT THEM THERE a chance.
Thankfully jefferson is gone now..Working at mcdonalds? Wal mart?
I know tampa gave him a tryout but ended up waiving him.

Anyway..LSU has its' QB issues settled for the first time in 4 years...Let's see who can stop our running game now that we have a legitimate passing threat to keep them honest.

I think LSU may experience a brain fart at times. When they play the Hawgs the last game of the season might be when it costs them

Both Bama and LSU will be focused when they meet and each team has something to prove. Of all the coaches out there I think "the hat" is best suited to beat Saban.

Akula
09-05-2012, 01:34 PM
I think LSU may experience a brain fart at times. When they play the Hawgs the last game of the season might be when it costs them

Both Bama and LSU will be focused when they meet and each team has something to prove. Of all the coaches out there I think "the hat" is best suited to beat Saban.
..and as you know..LSU fans respect Saban..but we hate his guts....

Oh..we've gone through some growing pains with Miles, but I have to say..he's a decent, honest, upright guy.
I remember a few years ago right before a big bowl game there were rumors he'd leave and go to his alma mater (who were trying to recruit him) after the season because his contract was up after the bowl game. He denied it but the media (especially ESPN) basically called him a liar..They said "well of course he'll deny it but after this bowl game he's gone"

http://blog.nola.com/times-picayune/2007/12/photo_les_miles_angrily_denies.html
ATLANTA - An obviously seething Les Miles angrily refuted reports Saturday that he was leaving his coaching job at LSU to head to his alma mater, Michigan. At a press conference hours before LSU plays Tennessee in the Southeastern Conference championship game, Miles strode to a podium inside the Georgia Dome, refused to sit down, and spoke off the cuff for barely a minute.

"There was misinformation on ESPN and I think imperative that I straighten it out," Miles began, refering to Saturday morning reports on the sports network that he would be Michigan's next coach. "I am the head coach at LSU, I will be the head coach at LSU, I have no interest in talking to anybody else, I've got a championship game to play, and I'm excited about the opportunity of my damn strong football team to play it."
Stung by the morning broadcast, Miles said he took steps to reassure the Tigers he would remain their coach.
"It was unfortunate that I had to address my team with this information this morning, but that being done I think we'll be ready to play," he said. "I represent me in this issue. Please ask me after. I'm busy. Thank you very much. Have a great day."

He then walked off the podium, leaving LSU Chancellor Sean O'Keefe and Athletic Director Skip Bertman sitting there with bemused expressions.

"What he said," O'Keefe said with a nod toward the departing Miles.
As he left the briefing room, O'Keefe said he was delighted with the development and the fact LSU put the simmering issue to rest before playing for what would be its 10th SEC football crown and a Bowl Championship Series berth in the Sugar Bowl.
Following the press conference, ESPN and some commentators parsed Miles comments, saying he did not state clearly he would not leave LSU at some point soon. But Bertman and other LSU officials, who had said they believed Miles would stay in Baton Rouge, had already confirmed that the university and Miles had reached an agreement.
Neither Miles nor O'Keefe and Bertman, who sat on either side of Miles during his crisp remarks, would take questions.
Bertman, however, said earlier in the day that Miles and the school have an agreement.
"We don't have a signed contract but we have an agreement," Bertman said. "It will be finalized Monday or Tuesday.

sec
09-06-2012, 02:08 PM
no real games of interest this week other than Oregon taking on the always tough Fresno State (LMAO)

We'll see how MO does against the Dawgs this week; welcome to the SEC

Akula
09-06-2012, 02:18 PM
no real games of interest this week other than Oregon taking on the always tough Fresno State (LMAO)

We'll see how MO does against the Dawgs this week; welcome to the SEC

I have to pull for them. They are stepping up and not scared.That's a very good thing.
Not like the Florida State Semenholes when they dodged a chance to join the SEC a number of years ago...oh yeah..they said it was because basketball was more competitive in that conference..LMAO..right....

Here's the best fight song in college football.....IMO ;)
The Golden Band from Tigerland for your entertainment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZ4e35_hdjE&feature=related

Conley
09-06-2012, 08:13 PM
FSU is something like a 70pt favorite this weekend and a lot of the games don't look much better. Georgia is lucky, I see now looking at their schedule no Bama, LSU, or Ark...guess we're in for a crappy SEC champ game.

sec
09-06-2012, 10:35 PM
FSU is something like a 70pt favorite this weekend and a lot of the games don't look much better. Georgia is lucky, I see now looking at their schedule no Bama, LSU, or Ark...guess we're in for a crappy SEC champ game.

are you kidding? The Dawgs vs the Tide is going to be a good SEC championship game. You're right about no Bama, LSU or Hawgs. Georgia will be in fine physical shape for the SEC championship game.

Akula
09-06-2012, 10:40 PM
are you kidding? The Dawgs vs the Tide is going to be a good SEC championship game. You're right about no Bama, LSU or Hawgs. Georgia will be in fine physical shape for the SEC championship game.
Alabama gets in by default?

Let's go ahead and play the season and see...just for the heck of it. ;)

sec
09-07-2012, 10:13 AM
Alabama gets in by default?

Let's go ahead and play the season and see...just for the heck of it. ;)

LSU or Ark won't beat the Tide

Conley
09-09-2012, 10:44 AM

Turns out Ark won't beat Louisiana Monroe either...

:shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

What happened there? wow

Shoot the Goose
09-09-2012, 11:22 AM

What happened there? wow

That was a hoot ! After taking a few years off from playing the high-and-mighty on opening day, in 2008 ULM jumped back in the fray to become openng-day-fodder for a big paycheck against top programs in the regional neighborhood.

'08 Lost to #10 Auburn 34-0

'09 Lost to #2 Texas 59-20

'10 Lost to #14 Arkansas 31-7

'11 Lost to #6 FSU 34-0

I think they were 6-6 in '09, and once earlier in the decade, but otherwise have not had an overall winning record for at least the last decade.

They were partying in Monroe last night :occasion14:

Look at the game stats. ULM dominated every one.

ULM

ARK

1st Downs

Total Yards

Passing

Rushing

Penalties

6-49

9-70

3rd Down Conversions

8-23

3-11

4th Down Conversions

6-7

0-0

Turnovers

Possession

39:19

20:41

Shoot the Goose
09-09-2012, 11:33 AM
The spread was 30 points too ........ ULM covered. :)

sec
09-10-2012, 07:52 AM

What happened there? wow

you can't downplay the off-field antics which hit the Hawgs from sex-gate to theft-gate both the ex-coach and players were quite busy with everything but football.

I need another week of LSU but Miles has surprised me. The Dawgs take their sweet time about getting going. They let Mizzou hang around for too long although Mizzou looks like they'll be a decent mid-pack SEC team offering up a threat on any given Saturday

Akula
09-10-2012, 08:13 AM

Really? I'm interested in why you think they can't?

Akula
09-10-2012, 08:17 AM
That was a hoot ! After taking a few years off from playing the high-and-mighty on opening day, in 2008 ULM jumped back in the fray to become openng-day-fodder for a big paycheck against top programs in the regional neighborhood.

'08 Lost to #10 Auburn 34-0

'09 Lost to #2 Texas 59-20

'10 Lost to #14 Arkansas 31-7

'11 Lost to #6 FSU 34-0

I think they were 6-6 in '09, and once earlier in the decade, but otherwise have not had an overall winning record for at least the last decade.

They were partying in Monroe last night :occasion14:

Look at the game stats. ULM dominated every one.

ULM
ARK

1st Downs

Total Yards

Passing

Rushing

Penalties
6-49
9-70

3rd Down Conversions
8-23
3-11

4th Down Conversions
6-7
0-0

Turnovers

Possession
39:19
20:41

ULM beat Saban coached Alabama in 2007. In Tuscaloosa.
Some teams don't curl up into the fetal position just because someone says "Alabama".

Captain Obvious
09-15-2012, 03:42 PM
Pitt stuns Virginia Tech, 35-17http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/pitt-big-east/pitt-stuns-virginia-tech-35-17-653499/

Wow - I'm a Pitt fan and pretty much wrote off the season after their opener loss to a AA team.

Local media were well into discussing who the interim coach would be and which freshman QB would be starting.

Conley
09-15-2012, 03:46 PM
I saw part of this game. Shanarat's kid is a flat out S T U D. Total beast at least in this game...also good to see that Graham kid come back, I remember watching him last year and being amazed right up until his knee I think it was blew up, felt awful for him.

Conley
09-15-2012, 03:47 PM
UL Monroe took Auburn to OT after beaing Ark in Ark...those guys are doing something right.

Akula
09-15-2012, 08:19 PM
UL Monroe took Auburn to OT after beaing Ark in Ark...those guys are doing something right.

That was a great game.
Idaho is playing LSU pretty well right now. Idaho is getting to Mettenberger. Roughing him up a little.

Conley
09-15-2012, 10:20 PM
I have SC Stanford on...crazy but then again Stanford has owned SC, course Luck (the player, not luck :laugh:) had something to do with that too

Conley
09-26-2012, 08:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gODZzSOelss

Conley
10-13-2012, 09:49 PM
LSU - USC coming down to the wire, good game!

Conley
10-13-2012, 10:09 PM
LSU with the K.O....no natty for the cocks

Conley
12-01-2012, 06:47 PM
This UGA - Bama game is out-freakin-standing

ridiculously hot womens in the stands too :tongue: