PDA

View Full Version : Any chance at increasing the "posts per page limit"

Grind
08-31-2012, 12:26 AM
I'm a major political forum junkie and quite honestly I find it preferable to have 100 posts per page as a display option. It's just easier to read through a whole thread by quickly scanning through it, and it's good to have the discussion mostly all in one place.

I know it would be relatively easy to implement, and it's simply an option, so anyone that doesn't like it, obviously wouldn't have to choose it.

Food for thought

Captain Obvious
08-31-2012, 09:43 PM
Probably doable, but I would argue against it.

For selfish reasons, my net connection sucks and if I had to wait for 100 posts per page load, I might as well quit the site. It's next to impossible at times now.

Trinnity
08-31-2012, 09:48 PM
I know what ya mean, grind. I use 40 posts per page - the maximum we can get. Next time Admin is around, I'll ask him if you wish.

We have 5, 10, 20, 30, 40 at this time.

Captain Obvious
08-31-2012, 09:53 PM
Yeah - forgot about that, you can select the number.

Fuck it - max it out if possible, I'll just stick with the current format - as long as it's still optional.

ADMIN
08-31-2012, 09:56 PM
The posts per page limit has been expanded to 100. For those on slower connections, I have also added a 3 post option. The forum default is 20.

For selfish reasons, my net connection sucks and if I had to wait for 100 posts per page load, I might as well quit the site. It's next to impossible at times now.

Each individual use may choose his or her options. The posts per page limit can be set by selecting "Settings" from the top right of your main screen, and then "General Settings" under the My Account header in the left hand sidebar. Scroll down to "Thread Display Options" and choose your preference.

ADMIN
08-31-2012, 10:01 PM
The 100 post per page option increases server load, but I believe we are currently managing resources quite well. If members experience a slowdown, please alert me.

We also have plans to add a mobile forum template. This will allow members to access our forums with a minimum of bandwidth consumption, regardless of whether they are on mobile devices or slower connections.

Trinnity
08-31-2012, 10:06 PM
Yay cool!!!! I'm going to 100 now. :blob9:

Thanks ADMIN!

Grind
09-01-2012, 12:03 AM

well as i said, it would be an option in your settings. right now you can choose 10, 20, 40 per page. so if you didn't want to load 100 per page you wouldn't have too.

Grind
09-01-2012, 12:05 AM
awesome admin, thanks

Carygrant
09-01-2012, 02:36 AM
What about Moderators looking at Topics and limiting any that include the words Romney , Obama and Liberal and Republican to a max of 10 in total ?
What about putting said Topics into their sensible spots -- not World Affairs . I recommend , "Pub" but you stick in the muds will not be impressed .

Captain Obvious
09-01-2012, 08:13 AM
http://radio.weblogs.com/0115787/images/My%20Pictures/Stop%20Whining.jpeg