PDA

View Full Version : Obama's Office of Diversity

Juggernaut
09-09-2011, 07:55 PM
I thought the EEOC was charged with creating an equal opportunity work environment. This is better left to states and local gov where the problems are local and not red taped to death and ignored unless they can make it political for the next election.

http://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/2011/aug/obama-creates-office-diversity-inclusion
he economy remains in shambles yet President Obama keeps wasting taxpayer dollars expanding an already bloated U.S. government, this month launching a new office to help build a “diverse and inclusive workforce” at all federal agencies.

The new Office of Diversity and Inclusion will ensure that the entire U.S. government develops comprehensive strategies to drive and integrate diversity and inclusion practices. It will assist the different agencies in building a workforce that “respects individual and organizational cultures” by examining policy options, data trends and employee survey findings.

The goal is to eliminate demographic group imbalances in targeted occupations and improve workforce diversity. To attain this, special initiatives have been created targeting specific groups, including Hispanics, African Americans, American Indians, women and gays and lesbians. The idea is to create a workforce that truly reflects America’s diversity, according to the Obama Administration

Mister D
09-10-2011, 09:27 AM
The goal is to eliminate demographic group imbalances in targeted occupations and improve workforce diversity.

When you ask someone what benefit racial diversity brings to a state you are usually met with silence. Anyway, how many more decades will our government see fit to discriminate against whites in order to eliminate group imbalances that in all probability can't be eliminated? Moreover, is this really what our government should be doing? Can you say pandering?

Juggernaut
09-14-2011, 06:54 PM
I couldn't agree more, whites are being displaced in the workplace, in sports and most importantly in education. Racial diversity is the buzz word of the day just like social justice, both promise hope to people want hand outs over working for it. There are employer based issues but many can be explained by lack of training, education or simply finding a better qualified applicant. I see resumes all the time, finding a good fit is more complicated than gov or any democrat cares to admit.

Diversity punishes employers who can't find the right minority. If they can prove discrimination based on race then go for it but the majority of employers do not discriminate. That's a liberal myth. Or perhaps the media could explain why more blacks aren't hired and working on TV or in print or why dems took so long to find a black presidential candidate.

Mister D
09-14-2011, 08:48 PM
I couldn't agree more, whites are being displaced in the workplace, in sports and most importantly in education. Racial diversity is the buzz word of the day just like social justice, both promise hope to people want hand outs over working for it. There are employer based issues but many can be explained by lack of training, education or simply finding a better qualified applicant. I see resumes all the time, finding a good fit is more complicated than gov or any democrat cares to admit.

Diversity punishes employers who can't find the right minority. If they can prove discrimination based on race then go for it but the majority of employers do not discriminate. That's a liberal myth. Or perhaps the media could explain why more blacks aren't hired and working on TV or in print or why dems took so long to find a black presidential candidate.

I don't know who discriminates and who doesn't but discrimination cannot be assumed on the basis of a racial headcount. There could be many reasons why there is a dearth of blacks and browns, for example, in a particular field but since education, intelligence and skills are ignored as potential factors the solution is always ubiquitous racism.