PDA

View Full Version : Pistorius is a Big Whiney Crying Baby

Conley
09-02-2012, 07:29 PM
LONDON -- A month after his groundbreaking Olympic debut, Oscar Pistorius was reeling from a stunning upset Sunday in the London Paralympics.

The "Blade Runner" had never been beaten over 200 meters until Brazilian sprinter Alan Oliveira came storming down the home straight to win by 0.07 seconds and dethrone the icon of the Paralympics.

Pistorius later accused Oliveira of bending the rules.

Having won his own legal battle to compete wearing carbon-fiber blades alongside able-bodied rivals, Pistorius suggested that Oliveira ran with longer prosthetics than should be allowed.

http://espn.go.com/olympics/story/_/id/8332031/oscar-pistorius-stunned-200-final-paralympics

This is why I was against Pistorius running in the regular olympics...there are ways these prosthetics give advantages that able bodied runners dont have

For him to accuse someone else of getting an unfair advantage from prosthetics after his own experience and always defending himself...really surprises me. Athletes will be athletes though, and it is silly to think they will all be perfect role models and sportsmen

Goldie Locks
09-02-2012, 07:34 PM
Oh Gezzzz Louise!!!! Just end the damn Olympics and be done with it.

Conley
09-02-2012, 07:36 PM
Oh Gezzzz Louise!!!! Just end the damn Olympics and be done with it.

:laugh: You do realize this is a different Olympics though right?

Goldie Locks
09-02-2012, 07:47 PM
:laugh: You do realize this is a different Olympics though right?

Yeah, but it's just getting too PC, too political, too much doping, too much terrorism...and Pistorius ran in the regular Olympics. Do you really think the Olympics brings countries together?

Conley
09-02-2012, 07:52 PM
Yeah, but it's just getting too PC, too political, too much doping, too much terrorism...and Pistorius ran in the regular Olympics. Do you really think the Olympics brings countries together?

No...its just a big dumb cash grab where dopers get together to pretend it is the celebration of mankind or something

OK, maybe not that bad :grin: but i think it is silly propoganda and divides more than brings us together. And Coca Cola, Visa, Nike etc all make big $$$ and so does Phelps selling those Subways...I just dont feel it

Goldie Locks
09-02-2012, 08:04 PM
Me either.

Shoot the Goose
09-02-2012, 08:32 PM
Going to go very non-PC. Paralympics used to be the feel good stuff for handicapped kids to participate, everyone getting a trophy, and happy.

Then as wheelchairs got sophisticated, those 3-wheelers where it was all arm strength was good for the adults so handi-capped.

But now, with the running blades, etc, they are getting into problems where technology is racing just as much as the athlete. They are going to have to tighten-up, just as they do equipment in other sports, if they are going to keep it up.

Why not just rocket-boosters and roller skates ?

waltky
06-13-2016, 05:02 PM
Pistorius has 'major depression'...
http://www.politicalforum.com/images/oldicons/icon17.gif
Oscar Pistorius has 'major depression' - psychologist
Mon, 13 Jun 2016 - South African athlete Oscar Pistorius is suffering from major depression, a psychologist says at his sentencing hearing for the murder of his girlfriend.

Oscar Pistorius is a "broken" man and should not be sent to jail, a psychologist has said at the South African athlete's sentencing hearing. Defence witness Dr Jonathan Scholtz said Pistorius was suffering from "major depression". Pistorius was convicted at the end of last year of the 2013 murder of his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp. He faces a jail term of 15 years but it may be reduced due to time already spent in prison and mitigating factors. The hearing is expected to last all week with a sentence by Friday.

Pistorius, a fallen idol

Dr Scholtz explained to the court why he felt a jail term would not be "constructive". "Since the offence he has developed a serious psychiatric condition which has become worse over the past two years," he told the court. Instead of a custodial sentence, Pistorius should do community service so that he could help others and had a job offer as a project manager in an early childhood development programme run by his uncle's company, Dr Scholz said. Pistorius was also now traumatised by the sound gunfire, even in a film, and never wanted to go near a firearm again. As a consequence he had sold all his weapons, the doctor said.

But state prosecutor Gerrie Nel questioned Dr Scholz' assertion that Pistorius was not fit to testify in front of the court, saying he had given an hour-long interview to a British broadcaster, ITV. Pistorius had also had temper tantrums in jail and had once banged a table when he got upset with a nurse, Mr Nel said, asking Dr Scholtz why he had ignored Pistorius' actions.

Inside Pistorius' mind - Pumza Fihlani, BBC News, Johannesburg: (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-36514807)

Crepitus
06-13-2016, 06:00 PM
Pistorius has 'major depression'...
Oscar Pistorius has 'major depression' - psychologist
Mon, 13 Jun 2016 - South African athlete Oscar Pistorius is suffering from major depression, a psychologist says at his sentencing hearing for the murder of his girlfriend.
He's a murderer. Put him where he belongs.

waltky
06-23-2016, 02:34 PM
Oh please, don't throw me back in dat briar patch...
http://www.politicalforum.com/images/smilies/icon_rolleyes.gif
Oscar Pistorius says the girlfriend he killed would want him to be free
June 23,`16 Oscar Pistorius, the double amputee Olympic track star who was convicted in the shooting death of his late girlfriend, believes she would not want him to be imprisoned for the crime.

Pistorius, who is awaiting sentencing for killing Reeva Steenkamp on Valentine’s Day 2013 in South Africa, was found guilty of murder in March. He had spent a year in jail on the conviction of the lesser crime of culpable homicide (manslaughter), but last December prosecutors successfully had that verdict overturned in favor of the more serious crime when an appeals court ruled the judge in the original trial had misapplied South African law. The minimum sentence for murder in South Africa is 15 years. “I don’t want to go back to jail. I don’t want to have to waste my life sitting there,” Pistorius said in an interview with Britain’s ITV that will air Friday. “If I was afforded the opportunity of redemption, I would like to help the less fortunate, like I had in my past. I would like to believe that if Reeva could look down upon me that she would want me to live that life.”

Pistorius, who is currently free on bail, does not dispute that he shot Steenkamp but claims that he mistook her for a burglar when he fired four bullets through the door of the toilet in his bedroom. The Supreme Court of Appeal ruled that he was guilty of murder no matter who was behind the door when he fired the gun he kept under his bed. Pistorius claimed that he kept the weapon because he feared crime while sleeping with his leg prostheses off. “Reeva was a fantastic person, but if [people believe] that I took her life intentionally, which has not been found, then it’s a very sad thing,” Pistorius said.

During the interview, Pistorius weeps as he describes the night of the shooting. He describes firing the gun through the closed door, opening it to find Steenkamp and not an intruder slumped on the toilet and attempting to revive her. He has wondered, he said, “a million times” how the shooting could have been averted if Steenkamp had told him she was going to the toilet or had called out to him from the cubicle. “It’s difficult to know if one of those small things didn’t happen that the situation would be different. And I would still have her here with me,” he said. “I understand the pain people feel, that loved her and miss her. I feel that same pain. “And I look back and I think, I always think – how did this possibly happen? I think, how could this have happened? How could this have happened?”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2016/06/23/oscar-pistorius-says-the-girlfriend-he-killed-would-want-him-to-be-free/

Tahuyaman
06-28-2016, 05:08 PM

I think Im with you on this. The Olympics have become a corrupt and political joke.

waltky
07-21-2016, 07:01 AM
Prosecutor goin' for more time...
Oscar Pistorius: Appeal over 'lenient' sentence
Thu, 21 Jul 2016 - South African prosecutors say they will push for a longer prison sentence for athlete Oscar Pistorius after his murder conviction, saying six years is too lenient.

South African prosecutors say they will take court action in order to secure a longer prison sentence for Olympic athlete Oscar Pistorius. He was jailed for six years earlier this month for murdering his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp in 2013. Prosecutors argue that Pistorius' sentence is inappropriate for the crime of murder and "shockingly too lenient".

They also argue that the sentence is unjust and could bring the justice system into disrepute. Pistorius was initially given a five-year term for manslaughter, but was found guilty of murder on appeal last December. He admitted shooting her, but said he had mistaken Ms Steenkamp for an intruder and acted out of fear.

Rise and fall of Oscar Pistorius

* August 2012: Competes in London Olympics and Paralympics, where he won a gold medal
* February 2013: Shoots dead his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp
* March 2014: Trial begins
* September 2014: Judge finds Pistorius guilty of culpable homicide
* October 2014: Begins five-year sentence
* October 2015: Transferred to house arrest
* December 2015: Appeal court changes verdict to murder
* July 2016: Sentenced to six years in jail for murder

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-36855498

Peter1469
07-21-2016, 03:27 PM
The prosecutors will keep trying until the judge gets it right. :shocked:

waltky
12-12-2017, 10:53 AM
Oscar havin' a hard time of it in prison...
:shocked:
Oscar Pistorius hurt in prison fight in South Africa
12 Dec.`17 - Former South African athlete Oscar Pistorius has been hurt in a prison brawl, less than two weeks after his sentence for the killing of girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp was more than doubled.

The disgraced Paralympian was allegedly involved in a fight over the use of a public phone, a prison department spokesman told the BBC. Pistorius, jailed for 13 years and five months, sustained a bruise, he added. No other serious injuries were reported, the spokesman said. "It is alleged that he was involved in an altercation with another inmate over the use of a public phone in the special care unit where both offenders are detained at Attridgeville Correctional Centre," the spokesman, Singabakho Nxumalo, added.

https://ichef-1.bbci.co.uk/news/660/cpsprodpb/4599/production/_99171871_cef98067-831f-46ed-9b08-b20ac967d873.jpg
Oscar Pistorius (left in 2016) was found guilty of his girlfriend's murder in 2015

The department has launched an investigation, in terms of standard procedure, to "establish the facts and to ensure that appropriate action is taken as incidents of assaults are not allowed", he said. The brawl took place on 6 December, 10 days after South African prosecutors successfully argued Pistorius' "shockingly light" six-year sentence should be increased. n November, the Supreme Court of Appeal gave Pistorius the minimum 15 years prescribed for murder in South Africa, less time already served.

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/624/cpsprodpb/93B9/production/_99171873_ebbb296f-01b7-40c0-87b6-923f86227393.jpg
Pistorius shot girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp on Valentine's Day 2013

Pistorius was initially found guilty of manslaughter after he claimed he shot Ms Steenkamp dead through a locked bathroom door having mistaken her for a burglar in the early hours of Valentine's Day in 2013. But the Supreme Court of Appeal overturned the ruling in 2015, and found him guilty of murder. The six-time Paralympic gold medallist had made history by becoming the first amputee sprinter to compete at the Olympics, in 2012 in London, running on prosthetic "blades". He had his legs amputated below the knee as a baby.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-42322406