PDA

View Full Version : Forum Improvements

ADMIN
09-04-2012, 01:16 PM
Members,

In the hopes of further improving our forum, we have deemed it best to solicit suggestions directly from you.

While we are well aware that pleasing everyone is impossible, we would like to do our best to ensure that our membership has all that it needs to continue to flourish and grow. Please use this thread for any such discussions on the matter, and know that I am always available via personal message to discuss any questions or concerns which you wish to discuss privately. It may take me some time to respond, but know that I value the opinion of each and every member here.

A sincere welcome to our newest members as well. We hope you enjoy our site and becoming lasting contributors in the coming days.

ADMIN

roadmaster
09-04-2012, 03:11 PM
I think most of us want this form to succeed. The last place I was ended up with over four owners that I know of because of unfair banning, and letting a few members ( that were good at calling people names, derailing threads and all get together and click the report button after they went after them to begin with) get away with running off any potential members. Annoying ok, but abuse left the site with many members not coming back. I don’t want this place to end up like the other one. At one time the other place was like a ghost town and the next person sold it.

Keep unbiased and fair mods, but they also need to know when to put a halt to some members that their only goal is to want to run off members and the mods they shouldn’t have to take but so much disrespect. Being think-skinned is good but I also know that sometimes you have to do what is best for the site and to welcome new members. A mod should not have to baby sit members. All I will say to the mods is to pick your battles because I know each mod or VIP then here when I started cared about the site and I thank the ones who invited me here. JMHO
And yes you can't please everyone.

Agravan
09-04-2012, 04:19 PM
How about a Bite Me button? Just for giggles :)

Kranes56
09-04-2012, 04:22 PM
No insulting generalizations. I came from Political Forum, we have that all the time there, and it makes having a serious discussion really hard when 5 people are just insulting, when 2 are trying to debate.

Trinnity
09-04-2012, 04:27 PM
How about a Bite Me button? Just for giggles :)

http://img3.etsystatic.com/000/0/5125703/il_570xN.165582371.jpg
Aw, the doggy is so cute....

Goldie Locks
09-04-2012, 06:55 PM
have notification of "Thanks or reputation comments".

Irishman
09-04-2012, 06:58 PM
I think just keeping the site running smoothly would suffice for most. And if the site stays smooth for long enough I will inquire into a 'donate' button. :afro:

Captain Obvious
09-13-2012, 09:26 PM
Here's an idea, other forums have this function and I'm guessing this platform could support it.

If someone types "@Conley" anywhere in the thread, Conley gets a notification directing him to this post.

So if I want Conley's attention, I simply type @Conley (or whoever I want to notify) and they're notified.

ADMIN
10-11-2012, 12:45 PM
Members, the General Settings bug has now been fixed.

Canadianeye
10-11-2012, 01:13 PM
Here's an idea, other forums have this function and I'm guessing this platform could support it.

If someone types "@Conley" anywhere in the thread, Conley gets a notification directing him to this post.

So if I want Conley's attention, I simply type @Conley (or whoever I want to notify) and they're notified.

I like the idea.

Could be a horror or help for mods (ie @Captain Obvious) in a thread that might get looked at in the more typical moderating fashion.