PDA

View Full Version : Follow Up on San Diego Pit Bull Mauling Case

Conley
09-10-2011, 08:44 AM
We had a pretty good discussion about this attack a while back and whether or not jail time should be involved. The D.A. has presented evidence and the case is going to trial.

A woman and her daughter whose pit bulls mauled a 75-year-old neighbor in Paradise Hills, causing her to lose two of her limbs, were ordered Friday to stand trial on felony and misdemeanor charges.

If convicted of charges including owning dogs that caused serious bodily injury and failing to protect the public from a dog, the mother and daughter could be sentenced to up to three years and eight months in prison.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2011/sep/09/trial-ordered-pit-bull-mauling-case/

Original Thread here: http://politirant.com/the-pub/florida-couple-sentenced-to-prison-in-deadly-python-case/

MMC
09-10-2011, 09:01 AM
Felony Charges to. 3 strikes and your out!

Mister D
09-10-2011, 09:12 AM
If convicted of charges including owning dogs that caused serious bodily injury...

What does that even mean? Why don't they just ban pit bulls then? I certainly wouldn't wantt o own one if they could suddenly flip out.

Conley
09-10-2011, 09:50 AM
If convicted of charges including owning dogs that caused serious bodily injury...

What does that even mean? Why don't they just ban pit bulls then? I certainly wouldn't wantt o own one if they could suddenly flip out.

I think / hope? that is just the reporter butchering the charge. I don't know what it means.

I don't want Pits banned but these people were criminally negligent. I don't know the details beyond that, and not sure that they should charge two individuals. I trust the D.A. though and I am sick of these irresponsible owners.

MMC
09-10-2011, 10:38 AM

I think / hope? that is just the reporter butchering the charge. I don't know what it means.

I don't want Pits banned but these people were criminally negligent. I don't know the details beyond that, and not sure that they should charge two individuals. I trust the D.A. though and I am sick of these irresponsible owners.

I agree if people want pets then they have to take responsibility for them. As well as keeping an eye on them. First off, it is out in public. So the owners should be on point with what is going on with animal in the first place. Even in Ancient history one didnt just let their pet lose. Charging at another. Some areas of the planet lunch is on. At least back then you draw your sword and solved the problem immediately. Not to many let their pets roam freely.

Should be the same deal today. One just doesnt let their pets roam freely.

Conley
09-10-2011, 11:39 AM

I want to know about your seven weapons also >:D

Mister D
09-10-2011, 11:43 AM

I want to know about your seven weapons also >:D

My what? ;D

Conley
09-10-2011, 11:45 AM
:D

The last post in the thread I linked...you said something like I have at least seven weapons in my house and I wouldn't play with them while they were loaded and I was drunk, or something like that. I am just curious. 8)

Mister D
09-10-2011, 11:49 AM

The last post in the thread I linked...you said something like I have at least seven weapons in my house and I wouldn't play with them while they were loaded and I was drunk, or something like that. I am just curious. 8)

Oh. ;)

I have a Mossberg 500 with a 20" tactical barrel
A double barrel Stoeger
A Remington 1100 semi-automatic 12 gauge
I also hold the following for a friend whose wife doesn't want guns in the house:
A Mossberg 500 with a 24" barrel
A semi-automatic .22
A bolt action .22

I think that's it.

Conley
09-10-2011, 12:03 PM

Oh. ;)

A double barrel Stoeger
I also hold the following for a friend whose wife doesn't want guns in the house:
A semi-automatic .22
A bolt action .22

I think that's it.

Niiice...I'll have look some of that up. Like I said, I'll start a new thread for home defense -- I had missed your post about the seven weapons when you made it so I was curious about what exactly you had. Sweet.

Mister D
09-10-2011, 03:05 PM

Oh. ;)

A double barrel Stoeger
A semi-automatic .22
A bolt action .22

I think that's it.

Niiice...I'll have look some of that up. Like I said, I'll start a new thread for home defense -- I had missed your post about the seven weapons when you made it so I was curious about what exactly you had. Sweet.

I have no interest at this time in getting a handgun, believe it or not. I will probably spring for an assault rifle next. I was thinking about getting an AK-47.

Elibe
09-10-2011, 04:02 PM
why do you need so many guns? i think one or two is ok but i think you can get in trouble for having that many if you dont have a license

Mister D
09-10-2011, 04:14 PM
why do you need so many guns? i think one or two is ok but i think you can get in trouble for having that many if you dont have a license

I have a license, Elibe. You can get in trouble for having any gun without a license. Anyway, I like guns.

Pendragon
09-10-2011, 05:14 PM

I have a license, Elibe. You can get in trouble for having any gun without a license. Anyway, I like guns.

Must you have a license for each gun? Does one license allow you to have as many as you please?

How does a license permit you to carry someone else's weapons as well?

Thank you kind sir.

Mister D
09-10-2011, 08:42 PM

Must you have a license for each gun? Does one license allow you to have as many as you please?

How does a license permit you to carry someone else's weapons as well?

Thank you kind sir.

No. It's called a Firearms ID Card. Once you have this identification you can buy whatever long arm (rifle, shotgun etc.) you want that is legal in your state. It's different for handguns. In New Jersey, where I live, I have to get a permit for each handgun that I intend to buy but it's merely a formality once you have the Firearms ID Card.

It doesn't but there isn't any legal issue with regard to storing them.