PDA

View Full Version : Do you believe Extraterrestrials are visting Earth?

Mister D
12-27-2015, 07:29 PM
Do you believe Extraterrestrials are visiting Earth? Poll is not public.

The Xl
12-27-2015, 07:35 PM
That's really above any of our pay grades. It wouldn't be the most shocking thing ever, imo, if it was true, but I lean towards no.

Mister D
12-27-2015, 07:37 PM
That's really above any of our pay grades. It wouldn't be the most shocking thing ever, imo, if itbeas true, but I lean towards no.

I'm skeptical. I don't think there is any evidence that ETs are visiting Earth. I watch a lot of these UFO documentaries and that's what prompted my poll. A lot of folks are absolutely convinced not only that aliens are vistign Earth but that the US Government knows about it and is actively concealing the fact.

iustitia
12-27-2015, 07:38 PM
Nah son. Distances between celestial bodies and shit.

Safety
12-27-2015, 07:39 PM
Dennis Rodman and Gary Busey should be evident enough that we have aliens visiting...

http://www.pen.org/sites/default/files/Dennis_Rodman.jpg

http://iscreamsundae.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/10-celebrities-who-went-bankrupt-Gary-Busey.jpg

Those two ain't human.

Dr. Who
12-27-2015, 07:47 PM
Dennis Rodman and Gary Busey should be evident enough that we have aliens visiting...

http://iscreamsundae.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/10-celebrities-who-went-bankrupt-Gary-Busey.jpg

Those two ain't human.
OMG. I feel badly for Rodman's poor dog. That should be illegal. As to Gary Abusey - LOL.

Mister D
12-27-2015, 07:49 PM
Nah son. Distances between celestial bodies and $#@!.

Good point. Also, I want to make it clear that my question isn't about other forms of life in the universe. That's a much more tenable position than that of aliens visiting Earth.

The Xl
12-27-2015, 07:56 PM

Those two ain't human.

Lmao.

Dr. Who
12-27-2015, 07:57 PM
I believe that they have visited earth and may still do so from time to time. Whether everything spotted and claimed as an extraterrestrial UFO is really an ET, meh, but that doesn't mean that in the vastness of the universe there are not beings that have conquered space and time. I keep an open mind.

Mister D
12-27-2015, 08:00 PM
I believe that they have visited earth and may still do so from time to time. Whether everything spotted and claimed as an extraterrestrial UFO is really an ET, meh, but that doesn't mean that in the vastness of the universe there are not beings that have conquered space and time. I keep an open mind.

Fair enough. I'm open to the question of the existence of extraterrestrial life but I just don't think they are visiting Earth.

Mister D
12-27-2015, 08:00 PM
OMG. I feel badly for Rodman's poor dog. That should be illegal. As to Gary Abusey - LOL.

I'm surprised it's not, actually.

sachem
12-27-2015, 08:02 PM
Exist? Yes. Are here now? No.

Dr. Who
12-27-2015, 08:09 PM
Fair enough. I'm open to the question of the existence of extraterrestrial life but I just don't think they are visiting Earth.
Ancient alien theorists suggest..... I have to admit that I watch that show and at times there are things that they discuss make you wonder.

Dr. Who
12-27-2015, 08:10 PM
I'm surprised it's not, actually.
Yeah, that has to be a form of abuse.

iustitia
12-27-2015, 08:11 PM
Ancient Aliens is so more fraudulent than Obama's birth certificate. BAM!

No, but seriously, that show literally lies in every episode and makes things up. Someone actually made a video debunking every major lie they purposely concocted.

Mister D
12-27-2015, 08:11 PM
Ancient alien theorists suggest..... I have to admit that I watch that show and at times there are things that they discuss make you wonder.

I watch it a lot, actually. There are a number of interesting points but they are sometimes buried under a pile of lunacy.

Mister D
12-27-2015, 08:12 PM

No, but seriously, that show literally lies in every episode and makes things up. Someone actually made a video debunking every major lie they purposely concocted.

Yeah, I've turned it off a few times after hearing preposterous remarks about the Catholic Church, for example.

iustitia
12-27-2015, 08:14 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9w-i5oZqaQ

They literally make things up. They completely misrepresent what's in religions, especially the Bible.

It's just for entertainment. It shouldn't be taken seriously.

Dr. Who
12-27-2015, 08:24 PM
I watch it a lot, actually. There are a number of interesting points but they are sometimes buried under a pile of lunacy.
I have to admit some of the connections the "ancient astronaut theorists: make are a little out there. However, some of the inexplicable diagrams carved into the landscape that can only be seen from the air do make one wonder, along with some of the mythology of disparate peoples separated by virtually impossible travel that seems to have commonality is also thought provoking. Also things like the connection between SA pyramids and the Egyptian pyramids.

Common
12-27-2015, 08:35 PM
I put no but I believe its a possibility

Mister D
12-27-2015, 08:40 PM
I have to admit some of the connections the "ancient astronaut theorists: make are a little out there. However, some of the inexplicable diagrams carved into the landscape that can only be seen from the air do make one wonder, along with some of the mythology of disparate peoples separated by virtually impossible travel that seems to have commonality is also thought provoking. Also things like the connection between SA pyramids and the Egyptian pyramids.

That's the thing though. When we don't fully understand the purpose something served (e.g. the Nazca Lines) it opens the discussion to all kinds of speculation. Much of the speculation on AA I find groundless.

Mister D
12-27-2015, 08:41 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9w-i5oZqaQ

They literally make things up. They completely misrepresent what's in religions, especially the Bible.

It's just for entertainment. It shouldn't be taken seriously.

Agreed. It's more for fun that I watch it.

iustitia
12-27-2015, 08:44 PM
The Nazca lines are also in the video I linked to. It's actually easy to make them.

Mister D
12-27-2015, 08:46 PM
The Nazca lines are also in the video I linked to. It's actually easy to make them.

I scoff at some of the conclusions while I'm watching it, actually. Thanks I'll check out the video. The airstrips theory about the Lines was laughable.

Chris
12-27-2015, 08:48 PM
I used to read a lot about UFOs, way back in the 60s, 70s, and that I sort of accepted as a possibility. I picked it up again about a decade ago, reading a lot of accounts of people and their encounters with extraterrestrials and my conclusion is it's sort of a mania where you hear about it and it's easy to start thinking it's true and maybe has happened to you and so concluded, no, not true. We're just this little blue dot, nothing in a vast universe, of space, and time. Even if there's life elsewhere we'd be too insignificant to care about.

Crepitus
12-27-2015, 09:52 PM
What if we are the highest rated reality show on intergalactic TV?

Green Arrow
12-27-2015, 11:16 PM
I think they have, but I'm not totally convinced of it and it doesn't terribly bother me either way.

Captain Obvious
12-27-2015, 11:32 PM

No.

I have a hunch that there is some other life forms out there, there has to be, statistically it's highly likely.

But consider the vast amount of space just within our solar system, it takes our probes decades to reach outer planets.

If there was a civilization out there advanced enough to reach us, we would have known by now - unless they have a protocol to not interfere in galactic life.

We also would have picked up on signs and signals at some point preempting their arrival. Clear signs and signals, not the tabloid material stuff that gets tossed around for fun.

Yes there could be conspiracies, no I don't believe that also.

Area 51 was a weapons testing site, nothing more.

ThaiBoxer
12-28-2015, 12:03 AM
I think some of them are posting here

William
12-28-2015, 12:16 AM

Photographic evidence of extraterrestrials on earth.

http://www.1075kiss.com/pics/Feeds/Articles/20151112/71466/trump001.jpg

Dr. Who
12-28-2015, 12:20 AM

Truly a Betelgeusian hairstyle.

Ethereal
12-28-2015, 04:02 AM
I wouldn't rule it out, but I don't believe they have visited our planet. I don't see why they would hide their existence from us if they had visited.

Captain Obvious
12-28-2015, 09:32 AM

Well, some of us are highly intelligent, moreso than most others.

PolWatch
12-28-2015, 09:33 AM
I voted 'no' but its a qualified 'no'. The book Chariot of the Gods started me wondering about the subject when it was first published. I don't think we have answered the questions raised in that book so it IS possible aliens (imo) have visited. I also think they would have made their presence known if they were still visiting regularly.

I have a met a couple of people who believe they have been abducted by aliens. If they were representative of those reporting, I can understand why the aliens released them.

William
12-28-2015, 10:21 AM
Well, some of us are highly intelligent, moreso than most others.

LOL, even if we say so ourselves? Didn't your mummy tell you that self-praise is no recommendation? :grin: :grin:

Crepitus
12-28-2015, 10:29 AM

I don't get this guy. He's got a gazillion dollars, why don't he get some Rogain or implants or something besides that stupid looking comb-over?

Cigar
12-28-2015, 10:33 AM
I don't get this guy. He's got a gazillion dollars, why don't he get some Rogain or implants or something besides that stupid looking comb-over?

Because he's Great ... just ask him :laugh:

Crepitus
12-28-2015, 10:37 AM
Because he's Great ... just ask him :laugh:
If he really thought that about himself he'd get a real haircut and proudly spit shine his dome.

Mister D
12-28-2015, 12:08 PM
No.

I have a hunch that there is some other life forms out there, there has to be, statistically it's highly likely.

But consider the vast amount of space just within our solar system, it takes our probes decades to reach outer planets.

If there was a civilization out there advanced enough to reach us, we would have known by now - unless they have a protocol to not interfere in galactic life.

We also would have picked up on signs and signals at some point preempting their arrival. Clear signs and signals, not the tabloid material stuff that gets tossed around for fun.

Yes there could be conspiracies, no I don't believe that also.

Area 51 was a weapons testing site, nothing more.

I also think the US military uses the interest in UFOs and the credulity of the American public to help conceal top secret programs.

Cigar
12-28-2015, 12:15 PM
If he really thought that about himself he'd get a real haircut and proudly spit shine his dome.

Look at the Women he's Married ... they Love the way he looks, all shades of Green :laugh:

Hair ... what Hair? :grin:

Captain Obvious
12-28-2015, 08:17 PM
I also think the US military uses the interest in UFOs and the credulity of the American public to help conceal top secret programs.

Exactly, that was kind of my point.

Who cares if we're rift with conspiracy theories about the government hiding alien UFO shit, as long as nobody's talking about stealth drones.

Mister D
12-28-2015, 08:23 PM

Who cares if we're rift with conspiracy theories about the government hiding alien UFO $#@!, as long as nobody's talking about stealth drones.

I've been persuaded that this is most likely. The government probably encourages this sort of thing and people eat it up.

Fagan_the_Pagan
12-29-2015, 12:16 AM
Do I BELIEVE IT? No. But I'm open to the idea.

I do believe that there are other intelligent lifeforms in the universe. Statistically, for Earth to be the only planet with life is SO unlikely it's effectively impossible. There should be enough other planets out there that some of them are vastly superior to us. Maybe they've developed the means with which to visit us, but if that's the case, it means they have the technology to travel across incredibly vast distances, which means they're probably capable of observing us without us having any idea at all.

William
12-29-2015, 03:22 AM
Do I BELIEVE IT? No. But I'm open to the idea.

I do believe that there are other intelligent lifeforms in the universe. Statistically, for Earth to be the only planet with life is SO unlikely it's effectively impossible. There should be enough other planets out there that some of them are vastly superior to us. Maybe they've developed the means with which to visit us, but if that's the case, it means they have the technology to travel across incredibly vast distances, which means they're probably capable of observing us without us having any idea at all.

Thanks for that - I was going to say no, but your last paragraph made me think again. I don't know much (as some people here keep telling me :grin:) but posts like yours are the reason I come here. So thanks again! :smiley:

OGIS
02-15-2016, 01:41 AM

I was in the USN from 1973 through 1979, spending a bit of time off of and in SE Asia form 73 through 75. During most of that time in worked in the Crypto section of CIC (combat info center) on a guided missile frigate.

Here's an interesting little known factoid about the US military. Every ship, air squadron, and army unit had, at the time, what was known as an OH SH1T file. It's existence was known to the unit commander and his crypto unit. The file was encrypted and had a need-to-know security classification. what this file was, was a list of "contingencies" with specific instructions for the unit in question,for each contingency.

There was an office somewhere in the Pentagon that had a full time job of creating these "what-if" options. What if the Russians launch a nuke strike on us? On Canada? On France? What if Canada invades North Dakota? And, yes, what if aliens drop nukes on major world capitals? Out of about three thousand options,there were actually around two dozen that dealt with extraterrestrial invasion. I never got to see the details, merely the encoded jacket summaries, but I was given to understand that all the scenarios were quite general.

So maybe someone was just being thorough, thinking about all the possibilities.

OGIS
02-15-2016, 01:49 AM
I'm skeptical. I don't think there is any evidence that ETs are visiting Earth. I watch a lot of these UFO documentaries and that's what prompted my poll. A lot of folks are absolutely convinced not only that aliens are vistign Earth but that the US Government knows about it and is actively concealing the fact.

If you remember Stargate SG1, there was a lot of fun over the "Wormhole Extreme" episode, where the Stargate Command decides to NOT squash a Hollywood series about a stargate. They decide that the show will give them "plausible deniability" if there is a leak. Some people thought that that was just a tad snarky and "in-your-face": an episode, in a show about a fictional stargate, about a fictional show with a fictional stargate.

I knew a lot of people at the time who went "hmmm" over that.

OGIS
02-15-2016, 01:54 AM

And yet the Alcubierre Drive, if we can engineer down the insane power requirements, and figure out how to not utterly destroy everything at the destination from warping spacetime, promises to make those distances much less intimidating.

Bo-4
02-17-2016, 09:50 AM
I voted yes because i'm reasonably certain they have visited in the past, but unsure whether it's happening as we speak.

Mister D
02-17-2016, 01:14 PM
I voted yes because i'm reasonably certain they have visited in the past, but unsure whether it's happening as we speak.

Ah, an Ancient Aliens aficionado! :grin:

Bo-4
02-17-2016, 01:31 PM
Ah, an Ancient Aliens aficionado! :grin:

Not necessarily "ancient" :D

http://cdn1.theweek.co.uk/sites/theweek/files/styles/16x8_544/public/2015/07/150708-roswell.jpg?itok=Lj0eeQRG

AeonPax
02-17-2016, 01:46 PM
`
`
I'm a skeptic and a cynic. There is absolutely no publicly available concrete evidence that we have been visited by outer space entities. No craft, bodies, hardware.....Atlantis maybe but nothing extraterrestrial.

Mister D
02-17-2016, 02:26 PM
Not necessarily "ancient" :D

http://cdn1.theweek.co.uk/sites/theweek/files/styles/16x8_544/public/2015/07/150708-roswell.jpg?itok=Lj0eeQRG

The Australian Air Force captured a flying saucer in New Mexico?

Cigar
02-17-2016, 02:29 PM

Who cares if we're rift with conspiracy theories about the government hiding alien UFO $#@!, as long as nobody's talking about stealth drones.

They're on this Forum Everyday :laugh:

William
02-17-2016, 10:48 PM
The Australian Air Force captured a flying saucer in New Mexico?

Lol, thanks for that - I was going to ask the same question. :laugh:

I Googled it, cos I had never heard of that, and found it was at somewhere called the Roswell Army Air Field (not the Royal Australian Air Force,) where they claimed something like that in 1947. Not a peep since. :wink:

Mini Me
03-06-2016, 10:56 PM

Why must you insist on sucking all the joy and wonder out of the room?

OGIS
03-07-2016, 12:09 AM

LOL, exactly! I remember when that Erik von Daniken fraud "Chariots of the Gods" hit the big screen in... holy hell, that was 1970. I was 21. Well, I went to the movie with an attitude of maybe 75% sure it was all bunk, and the movie didn't change that opinion by too much. But OMG, the man, con artist that he was, had STYLE! It was an overwhelming movie. The narration was perfect, the scenery was gorgeous and jaw dropping, and the soundtrack.... Well, I got the cassette and would go on road trips to the High Desert, flying along at 80 mph with that music going full blast on the car stereo. And it was one of the tapes I took with me on deployment when I went into the Navy. I probably bought and went through 6 cassette tapes.

And the audience reaction.... I remember when the movie ended, the last note of end credits music ended, and there was farking SILENCE in the whole theater. I looked around and everyone - and I mean everyone - was staring at the blank screen with they jaws hanging down. People started walking out and then the conversations started, like a small tsunami.

Good God, it's available on YouTube for free. Yes, it is 60/70s schlock, but it is very good 60/70s schlock. If you haven't seen it, you really need to.

Grab an hour and a half to yourself, remember the level of movie-making technology of the time, grab a few beers or a joint and gear your mind up to enjoy a temporary uncritical suspension of disbelief, put it on full-screen on your biggest monitor, turn down the lights and enjoy.

And I guarantee that, if you have any soul whatsoever, the music will haunt you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtBfBGCaABU

OGIS
03-07-2016, 12:20 AM

And here is the soundtrack to rock out to. Brings back memories of Palm Springs, La Quinta and Twenty-nine Palms:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ll9D_dQH9hA

Doublejack
03-07-2016, 12:31 AM
Not likely.. then again it wouldnt really surprise me a whole lot of "Gods" turned out to be aliens.

Archer0915
03-07-2016, 01:19 AM
No. It is damn near a statistical impossibility for there to be intelligent life out there. Sure there could have been and may be but when one considers the evolutionary window, chances for extinction, vastness of space and millions of other variables - no.

Hal Jordan
03-07-2016, 01:41 AM
Why, I'm here, aren't I?

decedent
03-07-2016, 01:58 AM

Time and space can be bent.

http://i.imgur.com/J7AlaIa.png

Archer0915
03-07-2016, 02:11 AM
Time and space can be bent.

http://i.imgur.com/J7AlaIa.png

I have never read or heard anything about wormholes that eliminates the singularity. Hell they probably exist but we will never find out what they do unless we can control some sort of negative matter that is not affected by the singularity. Perhaps playing on string theory again and affecting a given mass by changing the harmonics in such a way that said area is in a flux or plasma state that is not affected by our universe as we have moved the mass to a non existent state in our physical reality.