PDA

View Full Version : A question about the "Albums"?

Akula
09-05-2012, 02:58 PM
In our profile.

What is it? Is it for pictures?

How would that work?

Excuse my ignorance.
I've seen it before in other forums, just never messed with it.

ADMIN
09-05-2012, 03:32 PM
Correct, the albums are for users to upload and store images.

Akula
09-05-2012, 04:02 PM
Correct, the albums are for users to upload and store images.

Thanks!
Lemme see what I can put in there. I have some great pictures.

Akula
09-05-2012, 04:14 PM
Would you mind describing how to add pictures? All mine are in photobucket, for instance...How do I get the ones I want in the album?
I'm "digitally Amish". ;)
Thanks.

Captain Obvious
09-05-2012, 04:25 PM
If someone doesn't chime in here, I'll go figure it out. I don't use albums, I'm sure other people do and someone will answer your question. Hang tight.

Akula
09-05-2012, 04:35 PM
I'm making progress. I think I figured out how to do it. It brought me to a screen to download pictures using their url or whatever it's called.
I think I can go to photobucket and get that info from each picture...
I shoulda just left it alone..LMAO..I'm getting a headache now.. :)

Captain Obvious
09-05-2012, 04:36 PM
Groovy

Conley
09-05-2012, 04:59 PM
If I knew I'd tell ya...didnt even know it was an option

Akula
09-05-2012, 05:19 PM
Well.I got some old ones in that were on my computer...I don't know how to get the photobucket ones in..It says "invalid file" or they're too big or something...I need a drink now...

EDIT;

and now they're gone....Ok...I'm done with THAT little adventure. hell with it.

Captain Obvious
09-05-2012, 05:21 PM
I just got here a little bit ago for the first time today and I'm wading through all of todays activity. I'll set up an album for myself and see if I can figure it out and post my results here later.

Akula
09-05-2012, 05:24 PM
I just got here a little bit ago for the first time today and I'm wading through all of todays activity. I'll set up an album for myself and see if I can figure it out and post my results here later.

At your convenience.No urgency...

I'm about over it..I had about 15 or so selected..I thought they were uploaded or whatever..then they disappeared. I admit it had to be operator error...I don't know what I'm doing...
I'm not likely to try this again any time soon...

Captain Obvious
09-05-2012, 05:34 PM
OK - I created an album and tried loading one pic from my computer and one from Photobucket and it just sat there. I cancelled it but then noticed on the upload page there's an "attachment key" with criteria for size limits and both of the pics I was uploading exceeded these criteria.

So I'm wondering if your pics - or some of them might exceed upload criteria.

Conley
09-05-2012, 05:34 PM
My suggestion shoot the admin a pm

edit: actually i will..

Akula
09-05-2012, 05:38 PM
OK - I created an album and tried loading one pic from my computer and one from Photobucket and it just sat there. I cancelled it but then noticed on the upload page there's an "attachment key" with criteria for size limits and both of the pics I was uploading exceeded these criteria.

So I'm wondering if your pics - or some of them might exceed upload criteria.

Yeah..I got that message too..but I don't remember how I got it..Look..I appreciate y'all trying..I'm over it...Too much aggravation.
I know how to put them in posts..I think....so if it ever comes up I'm ok...
I was just fooling around anyway..thought it'd be fun.
I know better now LMAO

Captain Obvious
09-05-2012, 05:39 PM
I know it works, other members use it.

We'll figure it out, just hang tight.

Akula
09-05-2012, 05:43 PM
I know it works, other members use it.

We'll figure it out, just hang tight.

It took one of them from my computer that I tried as an experiment so, like I said, I went ahead and put 15 or so more in the tray...and I THINK it would have accepted them.. but I failed to "save" or something...
My best ones are in photobucket...and I guess those are too big to put in here..
Don't go to any trouble...I should stick to things I know. :)

Akula
09-05-2012, 05:52 PM
http://i724.photobucket.com/albums/ww244/guitartech92/Rock%20n%20Roll/a16a0e37.jpg

http://i724.photobucket.com/albums/ww244/guitartech92/Rock%20n%20Roll/100_0709.jpg

http://i724.photobucket.com/albums/ww244/guitartech92/Rock%20n%20Roll/100_1478.jpg

http://i724.photobucket.com/albums/ww244/guitartech92/Rock%20n%20Roll/100_0844.jpg

Akula
09-05-2012, 05:55 PM
Well..I can do them THAT way..I just can't figure out the album...No worries..I'm over it.

Goldie Locks
09-05-2012, 05:57 PM
I put some in mine from my computer, but I haven't found a way to post URL ones in your album. But I do know I can save my photobucket ones back to my computer and then post them...because I have done that before here, when I've edited them...seems if you edit a photobucket photo, and try to post it here, it will only post the original and not the edited version unless you save the edited version back to your computer.

Akula
09-05-2012, 06:02 PM
I put some in mine from my computer, but I haven't found a way to post URL ones in your album. But I do know I can save my photobucket ones back to my computer and then post them...because I have done that before here, when I've edited them...seems if you edit a photobucket photo, and try to post it here, it will only post the original and not the edited version unless you save the edited version back to your computer.

I think if I disturb the photobucket ones it will cause every one I've ever posted to disappear because...because...somehow it breaks the continuity or something?.... or evil gremlins take over and scatter them to the winds.. Hell.....I dunno..
I wish I'd have just kept my mouth shut now :)

Goldie Locks
09-05-2012, 06:05 PM
I think if I disturb the photobucket ones it will cause every one I've ever posted to disappear because...because...somehow it breaks the continuity or something?.... or evil gremlins take over and scatter them to the winds.. Hell.....I dunno..
I wish I'd have just kept my mouth shut now :)

technology is so fun

Akula
09-05-2012, 06:30 PM
technology is so fun

Obviously I wouldn't know. :)

ADMIN
09-06-2012, 01:25 PM
We will be making adjustments to the album function this weekend, and I will provide instructions once we have the improvements fully implemented.

Akula
09-06-2012, 02:27 PM
Again..I'm sure anything that went wrong was operator error on my part.