PDA

View Full Version : Man Sues White Castle Over Booth Size

Mister D
09-12-2011, 03:08 PM
Seriously? I think there should be a penalty for bringing something like this to court. Even if it's just public humiliation.

----

Even though we live in a supersized world, bigger is not always better. One devoted White Castle customer is suing the restaurant chain because he can't fit into the restaurant's booths. Martin Kessman, who weighs 290 pounds, complained to management for more than two years after repeatedly knocking his knee into the tables' metal supports. After the 64-year-old New York stockbroker sent a series of letters of complaint to the chain, he received what he called condescending responses. White Castle sent him free hamburger coupons and promised that it would expand its booth sizes. But the booths were never changed and Kessman is now taking his case to federal court. He is suing for bigger chairs and unspecified damages because he says the eatery is violating the Americans with Disabilities Act. (He compares himself to pregnant women and the handicapped.) The lawsuit, however, has not put an end to Kessman's love of mini burgers. Now, instead of going to White Castle himself, he sends his wife.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/trending-now/man-sues-white-castle-because-over-booth-size-160126946.html?nc

Conley
09-12-2011, 03:33 PM
Seriously? I think there should be a penalty for bringing something like this to court. Even if it's just public humiliation.

----

Even though we live in a supersized world, bigger is not always better. One devoted White Castle customer is suing the restaurant chain because he can't fit into the restaurant's booths. Martin Kessman, who weighs 290 pounds, complained to management for more than two years after repeatedly knocking his knee into the tables' metal supports. After the 64-year-old New York stockbroker sent a series of letters of complaint to the chain, he received what he called condescending responses. White Castle sent him free hamburger coupons and promised that it would expand its booth sizes. But the booths were never changed and Kessman is now taking his case to federal court. He is suing for bigger chairs and unspecified damages because he says the eatery is violating the Americans with Disabilities Act. (He compares himself to pregnant women and the handicapped.) The lawsuit, however, has not put an end to Kessman's love of mini burgers. Now, instead of going to White Castle himself, he sends his wife.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/trending-now/man-sues-white-castle-because-over-booth-size-160126946.html?nc

He should be charged something for this. What a moron. I had to reread 290 lbs...I figured he must have been 400 lbs. I guess it is not only the burgers that are small at White Castle. So sit in a chair instead of a booth. Whoopdie doo!

MMC
09-12-2011, 05:02 PM

----

He should be charged something for this. What a moron. I had to reread 290 lbs...I figured he must have been 400 lbs. I guess it is not only the burgers that are small at White Castle. So sit in a chair instead of a booth. Whoopdie doo!

Yeah another to try and get something free in life. Guess thats why they have drive-thru's.....huh. Hope they jack him on the court costs.

Captain Obvious
09-12-2011, 06:07 PM
This douchenozzel eats at White Castle and sues them over the fucking booth size?

How about suing them over the fucking dog meat they use in their burgers?

Mister D
09-12-2011, 06:25 PM
I still don't know what to say. It's just a ludicrous situation.