PDA

View Full Version : AFL-CIO Chief Trumka: OBAMA MADE A STRATEGIC MISTAKE.....

MMC
09-13-2011, 06:53 AM
Trumka: Obama Made "Strategic Mistake" Equating Debt Ceiling Crisis with Jobs (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxDyygFLDy8#ws)

Even Unions are going after Obama now.....as well as they should be. Especially the way the Dems are screwing them over in Chicago, California, and Michigan.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politics/monitor_breakfast/2011/0825/AFL-CIO-chief-History-will-judge-Obama-if-he-nibbles-at-jobs-crisis-video

AFL-CIO chief: History will judge Obama if he 'nibbles' at jobs crisis (video) - CSMonitor.com
AFL-CIO President Richard Trumka said that if President Obama’s jobs speech after Labor Day does not “propose bold solutions on the jobs crisis,” and consists of “nibbling around the edge” of the issue, “history will judge him and I think working people will judge him.”

Trumka’s comments come in the context of a new report from the Congressional Budget Office, released Wednesday, which predicted that America’s unemployment rate, now 9.1 percent, would remain above 8 percent until 2014.....snip~

Looks like the Unions are waking up and seeing Obama for what he is really worth. This guy keeps talking about how he urges the President on. Giving into a Republican Agenda. But then admitted 1/3 of Union Employees Vote Republican. Still they have seen that Unemployment will stay over 9% thru 2014. Again even this guy was saying all along to Obama it was jobs. Carville keeps telling Obama it's the Economy Stupid. Why does Carville keep saying this to Obama.

His package wants to extend unemployment. Says he is creating jobs for Police Fire-fighters and Emergency responders. Yet all of these are Union and more importantly they should all be provided for by the State not the Fed.

Think the President of the AFL-CIO knows what he is talking about? Think the Unions are going to give Obama all that money he is looking to come up with for his Presidential Run. Do you agree with this guy and that OBAMA made a Strategic mistake? One that was critical? One that has the Unions criticizing Obama now with all the rest.

Conley
09-13-2011, 09:43 AM
I think this guy probably wants as much of the pie as he can get but I expect that 1/3 number to rise in the next election with more union members voting democrat. Obama's jobs plan is pretty weak to begin with (except for the price tag) by the time Congress gets through with it I don't think there will be much less. It is the economy and now Obama has run out of time. Unless there is some huge boost to the economy (I'd like an alternative energy source found ;D) in the next 14 months he will be outta there.