PDA

View Full Version : Great come-back Win for Serena Williams

Cigar
09-10-2012, 09:41 AM
I just happened to see the last 3 sets and it was exciting, :)

Serena Williams wrapped up her remarkable summer with the latest rendition of a scene that has become familiar the past few months.
Williams jumping up and down on the tennis court with a wide smile across her face.

Williams picking up a major title - this time, the U.S. Open trophy, which will look good alongside the gold medals she won at the Olympics and the silver plate she took home from Wimbledon.

If there was anything unexpected about her latest triumph, it was the challenge she faced from Victoria Azarenka, especially considering the way Williams dominated everyone she faced on the way to Sunday's final, to say nothing of the way the final started.

Come the third set, with the sun going down and the stadium completely blanketed in shadows, Williams stood only two points away from a loss. She rediscovered her form in time, took the last four games of the match and won her fourth title at Flushing Meadows and 15th Grand Slam title overall with a 2-6, 6-2, 7-5 victory. It was the first women's U.S. Open final to go three sets since 1995.

http://msn.foxsports.com/tennis/story/Williams-caps-off-great-summer-with-win-at-US-Open-06250822

Goldie Locks
09-10-2012, 09:55 AM
Hey at least this year she didn't threaten to shove a fucking tennis ball down an officials fucking throat.

She is clearly the best woman tennis player to ever pick up a racket...It's a shame they are so arrogant and racist.

Carygrant
09-10-2012, 09:59 AM
Serena is far too nice to be an Extremist Rep'n .She has excellent manners which is why she did not threaten to shove a ball up that clown's rectum .
I see her as a replacement for Hilary in about ten years .

Cigar
09-10-2012, 11:04 AM
Hey at least this year she didn't threaten to shove a fucking tennis ball down an officials fucking throat.

She is clearly the best woman tennis player to ever pick up a racket...It's a shame they are so arrogant and racist.

Well it comes with the territory ... if you're Black, Outspoken, Confident and don't take an ounce of shit off of anyone ... then it's assumed you're arrogant and racist.

Welcome, to the new reality ... time to get use to it, because the quiet, docile order-takers are a thing of the past.

sec
09-10-2012, 01:29 PM
Well it comes with the territory ... if you're Black, Outspoken, Confident and don't take an ounce of shit off of anyone ... then it's assumed you're arrogant and racist.

Welcome, to the new reality ... time to get use to it, because the quiet, docile order-takers are a thing of the past.

you forgot smokin

I'm not a Letterman fan but she said I thought your eyes were going to pop out and he said that wasn't the only thing. I agree with him on that

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=860cRuzXgBM

Mister D
09-10-2012, 01:44 PM

And here we were hoping it would be the high rate of crime and dismal academic performance that would become a thing of the past. Silly white folks...:afro:

Calypso Jones
09-10-2012, 01:55 PM

she's rude and classless in that instance. No one was giving her an 'ounce of ..it'. It's a game, a sport, there are rules and then there's sportsmanship and civility. I hope that her behavior in that instance is not her personality allround.

URF8
09-10-2012, 01:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hx66LWV-CCk

Captain Obvious
09-10-2012, 04:20 PM

Agreed.

McEnroe was one of the most, if not the most verbally abusive tennis players out there but he's white and gets a pass.