PDA

View Full Version : Non-Christian Religions

Savitri Devi
09-11-2012, 06:32 AM
It seems that there are a number of threads here denouncing non-Christian religions based on individual actions. I am just wondering if they are ignoring people of their own religion's faults to make theirs look better? Or maybe I have misinterpretted the nature of their posts. If so, please explain.

Agravan
09-11-2012, 08:22 AM
It seems that there are a number of threads here denouncing non-Christian religions based on individual actions. I am just wondering if they are ignoring people of their own religion's faults to make theirs look better? Or maybe I have misinterpretted the nature of their posts. If so, please explain.

Which non-Christian religions are you referring to? Let me guess - Islam, right?
Which faults in our own religion are you hinting at? The fault where Christians strap bombs on themselves and blow up buses? Or where Christians behead people for being non-Christian? Or maybe it's all the riots and murders that involve Christians whenever someone burns a bible or draws a picture of Jesus or even names a teddy bear after Jesus.
Are these the faults we should be looking at? Yes, Christianity did some terrible things, but that was in the past. We somehow managed to mature and reform ourselves. These things are not taught in churches or encouraged by priests or ministers.

Savitri Devi
09-11-2012, 08:31 AM
Or burn people at stakes.
Or stone people to death.
Or bomb non-Christian nations.
And I'm not saying there are faults in religions. I find fault in all religions.
And I've actually TRIED to be religious. I just cannot rationalize it.

Mister D
09-11-2012, 08:33 AM
And I'm not saying there are faults in religions. I find fault in all religions.

Ancient history
Not sure it ever happened but if it did it is ancient history
Not done in the name of Christ or for any religious reason
So?
So?

Savitri Devi
09-11-2012, 08:39 AM
Ancient history
Not sure it ever happened but if it did it is ancient history
Not done in the name of Christ or for any religious reason
So?
So?

The US is a Christian nation is it not? These things were done by them. In fact, they're the only ones to drop atomic bombs on people.

As for history, if you discount history, then we all have a clean slate every instant. I can punch you in the face and say it is in the past!

Mister D
09-11-2012, 08:46 AM
The US is a Christian nation is it not? These things were done by them. In fact, they're the only ones to drop atomic bombs on people.

As for history, if you discount history, then we all have a clean slate every instant. I can punch you in the face and say it is in the past!

Again, the US does not engage in war for religious reasons. It never has.

What happened hundreds of years ago has no bearing on a discussion of contemporary religious extremism. That is, in a discussion of contemporary Islamism the Crusades simply has no place. Nor do witch hunts etc. You're grasping at straws.

Agravan
09-11-2012, 08:51 AM
The US is a Christian nation is it not? Not according to the dipshit-in-chief.

These things were done by them. In fact, they're the only ones to drop atomic bombs on people. We also fired millions of rounds of ammunition, dropped tons of bombs, sunk hundreds of ships. It's called WAR. We did not start it, but we damned sure finished it. When we dropped the bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki, that ended the war in the Pacific which would have cost many more lives, both American and Japanese, if we had to invade the country and take it foot by foot.
It's easy to be a pacifist when you look back at history and you are not directly involved in the situation. We did what we had to do to end the war and I firmly believe that the way to prevent future wars is to make people so afraid of starting a war with us that the mere thought makes them piss their pants.

We learn from history. Everyone knows about the witch trials. Name the last time an American Christian burned someone at the stake for religious reasons.

Savitri Devi
09-11-2012, 08:53 AM
Again, the US does not engage in war for religious reasons. It never has.

At least not that they admit.

What happened hundreds of years ago has no bearing on a discussion of contemporary religious extremism. That is, in a discussion of contemporary Islamism the Crusades simply has no place. Nor do witch hunts etc. You're grasping at straws.

So the bible is irrelevant! Pass this on to your fellow Christians!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_by_burning#Modern_burnings

Mister D
09-11-2012, 08:58 AM

IOW, you have nothing but baseless accusations.

Was there something in particular you thought was relevant in this Wiki article?

Agravan
09-11-2012, 09:01 AM

Yeah, every war we've ever engaged in for religious reasons. Oh, you forgot to mention that we also engage in wars for oil (can't forget that part of your indoctrination).

Nowhere did anyone say the bible was irrelevant, you really are stretching.

I never said people don't get burned to death or set on fire. I said, when was the last time an AMERICAN did it for religious reasons? And when was the last church-sanctioned burning? Can you name one in modern times?

Mister D
09-11-2012, 09:04 AM
I'm always amused by how quickly these people run breathlessly to the defense of religious extremism. It's apparent that Christianity is their problem. Daddy issues...

Trinnity
09-11-2012, 09:04 AM
When we dropped the bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki, that ended the war in the Pacific which would have cost many more lives, both American and Japanese, if we had to invade the country and take it foot by foot.
.........................................THIS ^

And what about Sevitri Devi? What did her friends and associates do? Hmmm??? I sense some hypocrisy here.

Savitri Devi
09-11-2012, 09:06 AM
Not according to the dipshit-in-chief.

But he is an admitted Christian.

We also fired millions of rounds of ammunition, dropped tons of bombs, sunk hundreds of ships. It's called WAR. We did not start it, but we damned sure finished it. When we dropped the bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki, that ended the war in the Pacific which would have cost many more lives, both American and Japanese, if we had to invade the country and take it foot by foot.

Last I checked you started numerous wars. Viet Nam, Korea, Iraq (times two), Afghanistan...Should I go on. I can get out my military history books if you would like.

It's easy to be a pacifist when you look back at history and you are not directly involved in the situation. We did what we had to do to end the war and I firmly believe that the way to prevent future wars is to make people so afraid of starting a war with us that the mere thought makes them piss their pants.

There's a difference between pacifism and self-defence. The US, has attacked numerous nations that probably posed little to no direct threat to them. Other than that they were not of the same political or religious systems.

We learn from history. Everyone knows about the witch trials. Name the last time an American Christian burned someone at the stake for religious reasons.

So people who go around beating up gays because they are homophobic due to religion (and I think the Bible condones stoning gays does it not?), isn't a hate crime?

Mister D
09-11-2012, 09:09 AM
But he is an admitted Christian.

Last I checked you started numerous wars. Viet Nam, Korea, Iraq (times two), Afghanistan...Should I go on. I can get out my military history books if you would like.

There's a difference between pacifism and self-defence. The US, has attacked numerous nations that probably posed little to no direct threat to them. Other than that they were not of the same political or religious systems.

So people who go around beating up gays because they are homophobic due to religion (and I think the Bible condones stoning gays does it not?), isn't a hate crime?

Again, the US has never fought a war for religious reasons. Ever. Why do you keep bringing up US wars?

Are people who beat up gays "homophobic due to religion"?

Trinnity
09-11-2012, 09:09 AM
The US, has attacked numerous nations that probably posed little to no direct threat to them. Other than that they were not of the same political or religious systems. OMG, another America hating Canadian. :loco:

Mister D
09-11-2012, 09:12 AM
OMG, another America hating Canadian. :loco:

I've met several radical left females online over the last few years who, while professing a disdain for religion, are otherwise fanatical and totally unreasonable. That tickles me. :grin:

Savitri Devi
09-11-2012, 09:12 AM

Was there something in particular you thought was relevant in this Wiki article?

Hypocrisy much?

Mister D
09-11-2012, 09:13 AM
Hypocrisy much?

Could you point out where I've been hypocritical? I'm going to go ahead say you can't. :smiley:

Savitri Devi
Again, the US has never fought a war for religious reasons. Ever. Why do you keep bringing up US wars?

Are people who beat up gays "homophobic due to religion"?

You tell me what other reason there is to be homophobic. Everyone I have encountered has cited religious reasons.

Savitri Devi

Here! In there very post I was quoting no less!

Mister D
09-11-2012, 09:14 AM
You tell me what other reason there is to be homophobic. Everyone I have encountered has cited religious reasons.

So you have no idea if gay bashers are "homophobic due to religion". Understood. But if you have no idea why do you assume so much?

Mister D
09-11-2012, 09:14 AM
Here! In there very post I was quoting no less!

So you can't point to this hypocrisy. Who saw that coming? :laugh:

Savitri Devi
09-11-2012, 09:23 AM
I don't have time to respond to all the innane comments directly.

Who said I hated America? Straw man.

I never said they openly fought declaring religion as the reason. However, seeing as all your leaders make it quite clear they are Christian (I would love to see an Atheist elected, but that's not happening). Religious people use their religion to make moral/ethical decisions do they not? I would think going to war would be one they would take very serious consideration of. If you have a problem with that line of thinking, there is no point in religion then is there.

How far in the past are you allowed to go? Mister D keeps regurgitating "ancient past," as a dismissal, yet brings things up that happened not much longer ago as evidence. So more hypocrisy.

Mister D
09-11-2012, 09:26 AM
I don't have time to respond to all the innane comments directly.

Who said I hated America? Straw man.

I never said they openly fought declaring religion as the reason. However, seeing as all your leaders make it quite clear they are Christian (I would love to see an Atheist elected, but that's not happening). Religious people use their religion to make moral/ethical decisions do they not? I would think going to war would be one they would take very serious consideration of. If you have a problem with that line of thinking, there is no point in religion then is there.

How far in the past are you allowed to go? Mister D keeps regurgitating "ancient past," as a dismissal, yet brings things up that happened not much longer ago as evidence. So more hypocrisy.

So America's wars are irrelevant. They are not waged for religious reasons.

Now you are apparently resorting to dishonesty. You say: "Mister D keeps regurgitating "ancient past," as a dismissal, yet brings things up that happened not much longer ago as evidence."

What specifically, liar? Evidence for what? What are you talking about?

Savitri Devi
09-11-2012, 09:36 AM
So America's wars are irrelevant. They are not waged for religious reasons.

If moral decisions are wages upon the beliefs of the leaders (as per YOUR argument in your Stalinism thread), then they can be faulted to Christianity in this case.

Now you are apparently resorting to dishonesty. You say: "Mister D keeps regurgitating "ancient past," as a dismissal, yet brings things up that happened not much longer ago as evidence."

Stalin's atrocities happened over 50 years ago. Hitler's, more than that! Then you continually tout these as "proofs" for whatever point you are trying to make. The only one I can see is that you don't make coherent arguments. Some of those burnings and beating deaths I'm referring to have taken place more recently than what you are bringing up.

What specifically, liar? Evidence for what? What are you talking about?

Reread your own stupid posts.

Agravan
09-11-2012, 09:44 AM
But he is an admitted Christian. So if he were an admitted muslim, we would be a Muslim nation??

Of course we did. We just go out and start wars for absolutely no reason. Thank God we have people like you around to point out the error of our ways.
Yeah...

You obviously have no clue as to the nature of world politics and interactions between different countries.

No one is homophobic because of religion, except maybe Muslims. Being a bigot does not mean you're religious or vice versa. Your assumption that all religious people are homophobic is, in itself, a severe form of bigotry.

Mister D
09-11-2012, 09:47 AM
If moral decisions are wages upon the beliefs of the leaders (as per YOUR argument in your Stalinism thread), then they can be faulted to Christianity in this case.

Stalin's atrocities happened over 50 years ago. Hitler's, more than that! Then you continually tout these as "proofs" for whatever point you are trying to make. The only one I can see is that you don't make coherent arguments. Some of those burnings and beating deaths I'm referring to have taken place more recently than what you are bringing up.

Reread your own stupid posts.

My argument in a Stalinism thread? What? In any case, no. There is a reason why Christian leaders do not invoke Christian principles when they engage in war. That's because it would sound ridiculous.

WW2 is within living memory! :laugh: It shaped the world we live in today! Moreover, communists were still on a murderous rampage in my lifetime. The only point I would make about 20th century totalitarianism is that it was murderous and tragic! Surely you don't disagree?

You resort to dishonesty and now personal attacks because you can't make a coherent case. That's a reflection of your poor character.

AZFlyFisher
09-11-2012, 02:05 PM

In Mister D's case it is most likely repressed homosexual urges. That probably leads to more people acting homophobic than religion, but religion is a close second.

America hasn't been starting wars for religious reasons and we are not a "Christian Nation" no matter how much the religious right would like to believe it.

Mister D
09-11-2012, 02:10 PM
In Mister D's case it is most likely repressed homosexual urges. That probably leads to more people acting homophobic than religion, but religion is a close second.

America hasn't been starting wars for religious reasons and we are not a "Christian Nation" no matter how much the religious right would like to believe it.

You'll have to forgive, AZZ. His wife left him and took his kids to church. His ass is still mighty sore about that. :grin:

AZFlyFisher
09-11-2012, 02:13 PM
You'll have to forgive, AZZ. His wife left him and took his kids to church. His ass is still mighty sore about that. :grin:

See, he doesn't deny the repressed homosexual urges. Go to your local gay bar, Mister D. You'll feel better.

Mister D
09-11-2012, 02:14 PM
See, he doesn't deny the repressed homosexual urges. Go to your local gay bar, Mister D. You'll feel better.

You have a blow up doll now? :rofl:

AZFlyFisher
09-11-2012, 02:15 PM
You can make all the personal attacks you want on me, Mister D, but I believe including my family is prohibited here.

Mister D
09-11-2012, 02:16 PM
You can make all the personal attacks you want on me, Mister D, but I believe including my family is prohibited here.

:rofl:You attack me out of the blue and then complain about personal attacks!

I didn't attack your family, loser. It's a great thing they got rid of you.

Mister D
09-11-2012, 02:18 PM
You reap what you sow, AZZ. Hey, that's in the bible! :grin:

AZFlyFisher
09-11-2012, 02:21 PM
:rofl:You attack me out of the blue and then complain about personal attacks!

I didn't attack your family, loser. It's a great thing they got rid of you.

You're the biggest *sshole I've ever met on a forum, by far. You know nothing about my family so why the f*ck would you say something like that?

Mister D
09-11-2012, 02:23 PM
You're the biggest asshole I've ever met on a forum, by far. You know nothing about my family so why the fuck would you say something like that?

There is no crying on the Internet, AZZ. If you don't like your harvest you may want to sow a different crop.

AZFlyFisher
09-11-2012, 02:25 PM
I guess you can't handle having your ass handed to you several times over the past month on different forums so now you feel you have to attack my family and my personal life, which you know nothing about.

What a maroon

Mister D
09-11-2012, 02:26 PM
I guess you can't handle having your ass handed to you several times over the past month on different forums so now you feel you have to attack my family and my personal life, which you know nothing about.

What a maroon

Try a different seed, AZZ.

AZFlyFisher
09-11-2012, 02:29 PM
Try a different seed, AZZ.

Grow up, Mister Dunce...... but that would take years.

Trinnity
09-11-2012, 02:32 PM
Stop the fighting NOW.

Czernobog
09-18-2012, 01:30 PM
The US is a Christian nation is it not?
Uh...no it's not! And this is the biggest problem with the theocrats that keep trying to push the idea that it is, or ever was! By them constantly pushing their historically ignorant position, they leave the rest of the world with an impression of the US that is not only wrong, but quite possibly dangerous​!

Agravan
09-18-2012, 01:51 PM
Uh...no it's not! And this is the biggest problem with the theocrats that keep trying to push the idea that it is, or ever was! By them constantly pushing their historically ignorant position, they leave the rest of the world with an impression of the US that is not only wrong, but quite possibly dangerous​!

85% of the population is Christian. Guess what? That makes us a Christian nation.

Czernobog
09-18-2012, 03:59 PM
85% of the population is Christian. Guess what? That makes us a Christian nation.

Uh, no. It makes it a secular nation with an overwhelming majority Christian. And actually most recent figures show it at 76.5% and falling. And if you take away all of the people who claim "Christianity" out of "tradition", not faith, and all of those who admit to "attending only on major holidays", the figure drops dramatically - to only 51.3% with Muslim following the closest second at 41.8%. So, if Islam suddenly becomes the most popular religion of the citizens, would that suddenly make us a "Muslim Nation" even though not one of our federal laws is based on Sharia?

Sorry...I don't think so. It is not the religious beliefs of a population that determines the religious nature, or lack thereof, of a Nation. It is the laws that the nation institutes. Now, while I would admit that the theocrats are trying to turn the US into a "Christian nation", there are fortunately still enouh of us who do not want to live under a theocracy that have, thus far, been able to thwart their efforts.

Captain Obvious
09-18-2012, 05:06 PM

In the sense that we are primarily Christian, yeah.

In the sense that we are a Christian theocracy, nope.

Calypso Jones
09-18-2012, 05:36 PM

sure you have. :wink: Those burnings at the stake don't occur anywhere except in the middle east. Just recently actually. And these dumb bastards will crucify a cat for their demonstrations of pure islamic idiocy.
Christians aren't engaged in the barbaric acts that muslims are engaged in. I mean muslioms are totally irrational. They could stand a little freedom if they weren't culturally immune to it.

Calypso Jones
09-18-2012, 05:46 PM
hell. we're not a christian nation. Most of the population knows nothing of christianity. They hate christians and the presidebt says we're not christians. We're hardly christian.

Ivan88
09-22-2012, 06:25 AM
Yeah, every war we've ever engaged in for religious reasons. And when was the last church-sanctioned burning? Can you name one in modern times?

Church sanctioned burning:

The Churches sanctioned our holocaust of German and Japanese Christians by the millions. (holocaust is a burning of your own sheep. See Leviticus 1, Duoay Bible 1609)

The churches sanction the use of white phosphorous, napalm, burning high explosives, and neutron burnings of the Christian Israelite people of Palestine.

Most churches sanction the burning of the heretics at Waco, Texas too, persuant to the Talmudic Noahide laws adopted by Congress in 1991.

Christians sanction the burning of Iraqis and Afghanis, for our god Molech and his disciples in the sinogog of God's adversaries.

Ivan88
09-22-2012, 06:38 AM
Again, the US has never fought a war for religious reasons. Ever.

All of the US wars have been fought for the religion of the ego, the social self that prefers the comforts of communal delusion.

And that ego self that we have put on the highest throne of our minds and being, is the same god as Molech, the god of naked force and the ritual human sacrifice of war.

When the US bombarded the city of VeraCruz, Mexico, in 1914, their excuse for doing so was that a Mexican military officer refused to salute the US flag. Our egos are the real idol. All the statues, flags, etc. are just extensions of the real idol, our own un-redeemed minds.

The Apostle Paul describes the solution in Romans 12:1-2. Offer our reasoning minds as a sacrifice to God, and to the reprogramming of our minds in accordance with the Word of the God of Truth, Mercy and Faith.

Stuck_In_California
09-22-2012, 06:45 AM

O brother. What a load of malarky.

Ivan88
09-22-2012, 06:46 AM
BTW, the most "non Christian religion" is Judaism which is the religion of un-repentant Judah who deceived his father, Israel, and coveteously tried to murder his brother, Joseph.

Later, un-repentent Judah joined with Esau to secure what they presume to be the BirthRight.

The Talmud is the most recent version of their religion of no Mercy that never forgets and never forgives.
http://mysite.verizon.net/ress8ouv/religion_of_no_mercy/

Judging from the behavior of US Christians over the last 200 years, I'd have to say that many so called non-Christian religions are more Christian than the Christians of Europe and America.
http://mysite.verizon.net/ress8ouv/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/historyofusa.JPG

Stuck_In_California
09-22-2012, 06:47 AM
All of the US wars have been fought for the religion of the ego, the social self that prefers the comforts of communal delusion..........

Tell that to the Jews we rescued, starving to death in Nazi camps, you jackass.

Tell that to the French people that we liberated from the Huns, you moron.

Tell that to the Kuwaitis who were being raped and tortured by Sadam's thugs.

People like you make me sick.

Ivan88
09-22-2012, 06:57 AM
Hoodwinked, dishonored people with collective insanity are not valid judges of anything.

In fact, such a nation has lost its savor, and like salt of the same character, is fit for nothing but to be cast out and trampled under the feet of men.

And we are in the process of having that happen. It will get worse unless enough Americans confess our national and indivudual sins, repent and humbly submit to the punishments of our inequity.

When we accomplish that, then, "nature's God" the God of our Declaration of Independence, will begin to rescue us from the mess we created for ourselves and our posterity.
http://mysite.verizon.net/ress8ouv/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/Calif8flaga.JPG

Stuck_In_California
09-22-2012, 08:49 AM
Hoodwinked, dishonored people with collective insanity are not valid judges of anything.........
Stay on one topic you pinhead.

You were not talking about "judging". You were saying, ignorantly, that all of the US wars have been fought for the religion of the ego, which is about the most inane, moronic statement I have ever heard.

I say again: Tell that to the Jews we rescued, starving to death in Nazi camps.
Tell that to the French people that we liberated from the Huns.
Tell that to the Kuwaitis who were being raped and tortured by Sadam's thugs.

You're obviously some punk kid who's brain is mush and who has been pumped full of liberal stupidities.

Ivan88
09-23-2012, 11:42 AM
....the Jews we rescued, starving to death in Nazi camps.
....the French people that we liberated from the Huns.
.... the Kuwaitis who were being raped and tortured by Sadam's thugs.

All those things came about because America was not following its Divine Mandate “to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of nature and of nature's God entitle them,”and to have “a decent respect to the opinions of mankind” (Declaration of Independence 1776)

The actions of the Greatest nation in the world, have repercussions. If we are arrogant, vicious and cruel, we inspire others to copy us.

If we follow our mandate, to be a New Jerusalem to Bless the nations with Peace, Prosperity and Security, then others will copy that.

http://mysite.verizon.net/ress8ouv/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/Iroquoisegal1.JPG569

Stuck_In_California
09-29-2012, 10:22 AM
All those things came about because America was not following its Divine Mandate [B]“to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of nature and of nature's God entitle them,”and to have “a decent respect to the opinions of mankind” (Declaration of Independence 1776)...........

I see. So its America's fault that Hitler burned Jews in ovens.

I was right: You're obviously some punk kid who's brain is mush and who has been pumped full of liberal stupidities.