PDA

View Full Version : NFL Week 2

Conley
09-13-2011, 11:33 AM
GQ Cover Model Mark Sanchez ::) Welcomes You to Week 2 of the National Football League!

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2011/0815/ny_gq_sanchezcover_270.jpg

MMC
09-13-2011, 11:41 AM
"What".....no schedule! 10-6 last Week. What was you looking at there CL?

Conley
09-13-2011, 11:43 AM
Hold your horses, the schedule is coming in a minute. I was gonna wait for spreads but I'll just throw it up.

Conley
09-13-2011, 11:45 AM
;D

Sunday September 18, 2011

Cleveland (0-1, Road: 0-0) 1:00 pm EDT
Indianapolis (0-1, Home: 0-0) CBS

Tampa Bay (0-1, Road: 0-0) 1:00 pm EDT
Minnesota (0-1, Home: 0-0) FOX

Green Bay (1-0, Road: 0-0) 1:00 pm EDT
Carolina (0-1, Home: 0-0) FOX

Seattle (0-1, Road: 0-1) 1:00 pm EDT
Pittsburgh (0-1, Home: 0-0) FOX

Jacksonville (1-0, Road: 0-0) 1:00 pm EDT
NY Jets (1-0, Home: 1-0) CBS

Baltimore (1-0, Road: 0-0) 1:00 pm EDT
Tennessee (0-1, Home: 0-0) CBS

Kansas City (0-1, Road: 0-0) 1:00 pm EDT
Detroit (1-0, Home: 0-0) CBS

Arizona (1-0, Road: 0-0) 1:00 pm EDT
Washington (1-0, Home: 1-0) FOX

Chicago (1-0, Road: 0-0) 1:00 pm EDT
New Orleans (0-1, Home: 0-0) FOX

Oakland (1-0, Road: 1-0) 1:00 pm EDT
Buffalo (1-0, Home: 0-0) CBS

Dallas (0-1, Road: 0-1) 4:05 pm EDT
San Francisco (1-0, Home: 1-0) FOX

Cincinnati (1-0, Road: 1-0) 4:15 pm EDT
Denver (0-1, Home: 0-1) CBS

San Diego (1-0, Road: 0-0) 4:15 pm EDT
New England (1-0, Home: 0-0) CBS

Houston (1-0, Road: 0-0) 4:15 pm EDT
Miami (0-1, Home: 0-1) CBS

Philadelphia (1-0, Road: 1-0) 8:20 pm EDT
Atlanta (0-1, Home: 0-0) NBC

Monday September 19, 2011

St. Louis (0-1, Road: 0-0) 8:30 pm EDT
NY Giants (0-1, Home: 0-0) ESPN

Conley
09-13-2011, 11:46 AM
Chicago - NO should be a good one...could be a lot of points!

Captain Obvious
09-13-2011, 06:25 PM
Are you keeping score? That's the hard part, I don't know how I did last time - probably not so good. I gotta get back into the groove.

;D

Indy - Queebland is going 1-15 this year, they'll win over the hapless shehawks at home.

This is a tough one, both lost their home opener and both have some qualities but aren't that good overall. I'll go with the home team Vikes. McNabb is awful though, I might regret this pick.

Green Bay, rookie Cam Newton can't have a second highlight reel start.

Steelers are going to vent their frustrations on the shehawks at home, mark my word. It will be ugly. Plus, we have our favorite ref calling the game.

J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets, Jets

Fucking rats

Detroit - KC sucks donkey dick

Yeah, I'll go Steelers West - I don't trust the deadskins to win two in a row

NO - da Bears are probably over-confident at this point

Oakland - Buffalo can't repeat that success two games in a row and I'm starting to buy what Oakland is selling - believe it or not.

Here's a tough game. Girls looked pretty good against the Jets but they're on the road - short trip though. I'll go with the girls.

Easy one - Denver. At home and the bungles suck.

My gut says the cheats but my heart says the bolts. Go with the bolts (and my gut).

Another tough pick. While I tend to want to take the home team here, I'll go with Houston.

Wow - another tough one. I'll take Philly on the road.

Man, these are hard. Rams.

Conley
09-13-2011, 06:29 PM
I haven't been keeping score because for a while it looked like it was just going to be me and MMC.

Would be fun to make a contest of it...I guess we could just do SU not against the spread, and if people miss a week no big deal because we can just use the winning percentage at the end of the season. That'd be fun. I didn't make picks for week 1 but I could start with week 2.

MMC
09-13-2011, 07:14 PM
I will make mine sometime after tomorrow morning. Depending on how much they got me doped up.

Mister D
09-13-2011, 07:35 PM
GQ Cover Model Mark Sanchez ::) Welcomes You to Week 2 of the National Football League!

I'm sure he regrets that. :D

Conley
09-13-2011, 07:41 PM

I'm sure he regrets that. :D

Even other team's QBs are mocking him:

Mark Sanchez laughed off comments Wednesday from Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers, who said Sanchez's photo spread in GQ magazine is "embarrassing" and "terrible."

"I think he was, obviously, making a joke out of it, and that's fine, giving me a good ribbing like the guys on our team," the New York Jets' quarterback said. "That's totally understandable, but I'm just happy that it ended up working out for a good cause and we got to partner with two great companies and one great charity."

Rodgers didn't sound like he was joking. During an interview with ESPN Milwaukee, the reigning Super Bowl MVP was handed a copy of the magazine.

"I mean, look at this here," Rodgers said. "That's embarrassing. Page 94 of the GQ thing here. That's terrible."

Rodgers went on to say that's "not really my style," and that he likes to maintain his privacy in the offseason.

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/sanchez-GQ-new.jpg

:rofl:

Mister D
09-13-2011, 08:01 PM
Who would allow that picture to be taken!? Well I guess Mark Sanchez would but I mean...c'mon. That is embarrassing.

Captain Obvious
09-13-2011, 08:10 PM
I had a great pic of Tony Romo but photobucket deleted. "Violated terms of service" apparently.

MMC
09-14-2011, 04:07 AM
White Pants and a black sport with white Trim..... ::)

This is not the picture of hustler. GQ.....my, how times Have changed. "What" we catering to the lame with flame. O0

Conley
09-14-2011, 08:16 AM
Doesn't he know the rule? No white after Labor Day! 8)

MMC
09-14-2011, 10:03 AM
Doesn't he know the rule? No white after Labor Day! 8)

Someone needs to remind him of Scarface and Tony Montana.....at least it had a white blazer to go with it. :D O0

Conley
09-14-2011, 01:53 PM
Sad Day for Urlacher :(

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story/_/id/6968988/chicago-bears-linebacker-brian-urlacher-leaves-team-death-mother

Chicago Bears linebacker Brian Urlacher left the team to be with his family Tuesday after his mother, Lavoyda Lenard, died at her home outside of Mount Pleasant, Texas.

"My mother, Lavoyda, unexpectedly passed away Monday at her home in Texas," Urlacher said in a statement. "My first priority right now is to be with my family as we mourn her loss and make the arrangements to lay her to rest. This is a very difficult and emotional time for us and I sincerely ask that you respect our privacy. Thank you."

Lenard was 51. Lt. Brent Smith of the Titus County (Texas) Sheriff's Office said there was no evidence of foul play.

"Our thoughts and prayers going out to Brian and his family" read a tweet from Bears quarterback Jay Cutler.

Mister D
09-14-2011, 03:08 PM
51 :-\

MMC
09-14-2011, 04:10 PM
51 :-\

Holy Cow.....51 sheesh. I dunno, I am seeing a lot of younger people dying. Actors and actresses I grew up watching on black and white TV to. Sports celebs and Musicians. Funny how when you get older you start to notice these things a little more.

Mister D
09-15-2011, 08:48 AM
:roflmao: Apparentl, Bruschi was going off on Ochocinco and thught this was funny.

But it's some kind of crime for Ocho to be impressed with Tom Brady? He's not allowed to marvel at a 517-yard passing performance? The man was a Cincinnati Bengal for 10 years. It's like someone gets released from a Malaysian prison after 10 years, then moves into Oprah's house, and you expect him not to notice that the flooring is a little bit nicer.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Tedy-Bruschi-is-mad-at-Ochocinco-for-appreciatin?urn=nfl-wp7080

Conley
09-15-2011, 09:39 AM
:rofl:

That's a hilarious comparison. I had heard about Brushci but the article above makes a good point. :D

Conley
09-15-2011, 12:16 PM
Unsuspecting Chargers fans in two sections of Qualcomm Stadium were showered with money during the San Francisco 49er preseason game. When Club level server Heather Allison tripped on a stair, about $1,000 flew out of her hands landing under seats, in laps and sailing over the railing into the lower Field section.

“All my customers began screaming over the railing to the people below: ‘That’s the servers’ money,’ ” recalls Allison, who has sold refreshments in Sections 36 and 37 for five years. Fans helped collect the stray bills and, amazingly, so did the crowd below. Within 10 minutes, a security officer brought a stack of cash back up to her. “It was all there,” says the mother of four and full-time student who, after paying the concession, still pocketed $170 tips. “Chargers fans are amazing,” she says. “We’re like a family.”

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2011/sep/14/money-rains-on-chargers-fans-in-freak-accident/

Ah yes, San Diego, where everyone is so friendly and nice. Even the football fans. Which is why half the stadium is full of the other team's fans and why we have no home field advantage to speak of. >:D OK, I'm kidding it is great that this lady got her money back, that is more important than winning a game.

MMC
09-16-2011, 08:59 AM
Yeah and at the end of the Video could we see Rivers throwing a football and then hitting her in the head with it.....Autographed Football with a Message. Hold on to ya money. She smiles and then waves to Phillp. >:D

Conley
09-16-2011, 09:07 AM
Yeah and at the end of the Video could we see Rivers throwing a football and then hitting her in the head with it.....Autographed Football with a Message. Hold on to ya money. She smiles and then waves to Phillp. >:D

:D :D Pretty sure she would not be smiling after getting pegged in the head with a football, but maybe the women you hang out with in Chitown are tougher than our betties here in Cali. >:D

MMC
09-16-2011, 09:37 AM
Foreigner - Cold as Ice 2008 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQaCy2lgb0I#)

:D Thats right Chicago-Women As Cold AS ICE! >:D

Heya Any Games tonight ???

Conley
09-16-2011, 09:45 AM
just a couple of college, no nfl until sun

MMC
09-16-2011, 09:48 AM

Urlacher says he will play now.....Mom's would have wanted it that way.

Conley
09-17-2011, 12:28 AM

I can't even imagine caring about football after losing my Moms...but if I were in his shoes it would be a good distraction. Whenever I played it shut my mind off to everything outside the field and that was a good thing. May be the same for him.

MMC
09-17-2011, 12:44 AM

I can't even imagine caring about football after losing my Moms...but if I were in his shoes it would be a good distraction. Whenever I played it shut my mind off to everything outside the field and that was a good thing. May be the same for him.

Yeah and what better way to take out one's frustrations on another human being. Thats why I could Never be a boxer. I would be fighting and talkin to much. Start kickin the guys azz and be talkin about oh yeah you remember that shit don't you. Remember 76 mofo.....oh yeah you going to pay for that one. Blaze out his face with a flurry of punches. Yeah how you like it now. Nowhere to run and nowhere to hide.

I could hear the ring commentator now.....8 rounds to 1 in favor of MMC. We gave the other guy that last round when MMC started talkin to the ring post as if he was holding a conversation. :D

Conley
09-17-2011, 12:51 AM
Haha...hey now plenty of champs been trash talkers now.

For me it wasn't a matter of spittin it was making weight. Now that is just no fun at all. Let me in the ring I'll fight but I'm not gonna quit eating and drinking for a few days before!

MMC
09-17-2011, 01:12 AM

For me it wasn't a matter of spittin it was making weight. Now that is just no fun at all. Let me in the ring I'll fight but I'm not gonna quit eating and drinking for a few days before!

That or not have sex with some gorgeous woman the night before.....or hell even 15 minutes to the fight. Have her walk in when they just get down taping your gloves all on. Wearing a corset with a lot of buttons and have her say if you can get it off its all yours Champ! :o

Conley
09-17-2011, 01:16 AM

That or not have sex with some gorgeous woman the night before.....or hell even 15 minutes to the fight. Have her walk in when they just get down taping your gloves all on. Wearing a corset with a lot of buttons and have her say if you can get it off its all yours Champ! :o

Yeah...believe it or not I didn't have a lot of gorgeous women trying to have sex with me :D Given the choice to heck with boxing!

MMC
09-17-2011, 02:50 AM
;D

Da Bears over Saints
GB over Carolina.....but I want the Panthers to Win.
Minn over TB
Det over KC

Pitt over Sea
Balt over Tenn
Indy over Clev
Den over Cinn

Mia over Hous
NE over SD.....tho I want the Chargers to Win.
Buff over Oak
Jets over the Jags.

Wash over Ariz
Dall over SF
Philly over Atl
Giants over Rams

Conley
09-18-2011, 11:10 AM
Inactives:

Week 2 NFL inactives

* Email
* Print
* Comments5

ESPN.com

Click here for Tristan H. Cockcroft's inactives analysis for fantasy football.

REFRESH FOR UPDATES

Oakland at Buffalo

Raiders: WR Jacoby Ford, WR Louis Murphy, S Mike Mitchell, T Stephon Heyer, WR Darrius Heyward-Bey, TE David Ausberry, TE Kevin Boss

Bills: CB Terrence McGee, DB Justin Rogers, LB Arthur Moats, RT Sam Young, G Colin Brown, TE Lee Smith, NT Torell Troup.

Seattle at Pittsburgh

Seahawks: OT Jarriel King, CB Byron Maxwell, OT Tyler Polumbus, QB Josh Portis, WR Sidney Rice, FB Michael Robinson, LB Malcolm Smith

Steelers: QB Dennis Dixon, CB Bryant McFadden, RB Jonathan Dwyer, LB Chris Carter, G Chris Kemoeatu, OT Jamon Meredith, WR Jerricho Cotchery

Cleveland at Indianapolis

Browns: OT Tony Pashos, S Eric Hagg, TE Jordan Cameron, WR Carlton Mitchell, LB Titus Brown, OL Steve Vallos, QB Thaddeus Lewis.

Colts: QB Peyton Manning

Kansas City at Detroit

Chiefs: WR Jon Baldwin, DE Brandon Bair, OL Steve Mareri, WR Keary Colbert, DT Jerrell Powe, QB Ricky Stanzi, S Kendall Langford

Lions:

Baltimore at Tennessee

Ravens: G Ben Grubbs, CB Jimmy SMith, CB Chris Carr, LB Sergio Kindle, WR Tandon Doss, CB Chykie Brown, NT Brandon McKinney

Titans: QB R. Smith, WR D. Williams, S C. Hope, CB C. Hawkins, C K. Matthews, T B. Stingily, DE W. Hayes

Tampa Bay at Minnesota

Bucs: WR Sammie Stroughter, RB Allen Bradford, S Larry Asante, CB Myron Lewis, CB Anthony Gaitor, T DeMar Dotson, T.J. Lee

Vikings: Brandon Burton, Mistral Raymong, Brandon Fusco, Adrian Awasom, DeMarcus Love, Greg Camarillo, D'Aundre Reed

Chicago at New Orleans

Bears:

Saints: WR Marques Colston, K Garrett Hartley

Jacksonville at New York Jets

Jaguars:DB Rod Issac, CB Derek Cox, C John Estes, DE Aaron Kampman, WR Jason Hill, TE Marcedes Lewis, DT Nate Collins

Jets: QB Kevin O'Connell, WR Logan Payne, S Emanuel Cook, RB Bilal Powell, G Caleb Schlauderaff, OL Rob Turner, DT Kenrick Ellis

Arizona at Washington

Cardinals: QB John Skelton, CB Crezdon Butler, CB Korey Lindsey, OT D'Anthony Batiste, TE Jim Dray, LB Daryl Washington RB LaRod Stephens-Howling

Redskins: WR Terrence Austin, S LaRon Landry, LB Keyaron Fox, LB Markus White, OL Willie Smith, WR Leonard Hankerson, DL Darrion Scott

Green Bay at Carolina

Packers: CB Davon House, RB Alex Green, CB Tramon Williams, LB Frank Zombo, DE Mike Neal, OL Derek Sherrod, LB Vic So'oto

Panthers: QB Jimmy Clausen, OL Reggie Wells, OL Jeff Otah, WR Kealoha Pilares, CB Josh Thomas, DT Ron Fields, LB Jason Williams Carolina

Dallas at San Francisco

Cowboys:

49ers:

Cincinnati at Denver

Bengals:

Broncos: WR Demaryius Thomas

Houston at Miami

Texans: RB Derrick Ward

Conley
09-18-2011, 11:11 AM
One hour till kickoff!

I'm gonna get the Bears - Saints game here so gonna check out my boy JC >:D

He had a great week 1, whup on Dem Saints!!! Win it for Brian and his Momma!

MMC
09-18-2011, 11:21 AM
One hour till kickoff!

I'm gonna get the Bears - Saints game here so gonna check out my boy JC >:D

He had a great week 1, whup on Dem Saints!!! Win it for Brian and his Momma!

Bears D beats be counting him for one pick per game at the least.....Yes soon game time will be here and I expect this place will die down then.
Da Bears win this one they jusent a message to the league in the NFC. That would be the top 2 teams in the NFC they have taken out already. With the Packers coming up next week. Which it's payback time. Leaving only Philly to get in the way. But just like last year.....Da Bears. Got the Answer for Vick. ;)

Conley
09-18-2011, 11:28 AM
I think Philly is better than either the Aints or the Dirty Birds.

I'd put the other NFC teams (besides Da Bears) like this:

1. GB
2. Philly
3. Aints
4. Dirty Bs

I hopes Urlacher and Co knock em all out.

MMC
09-18-2011, 12:03 PM
I think Philly is better than either the Aints or the Dirty Birds.

I'd put the other NFC teams (besides Da Bears) like this:

1. GB
2. Philly
3. Aints
4. Dirty Bs

I hopes Urlacher and Co knock em all out.

All of Fox's crew pick the Saints to win.....Game Time My brutha's. Plus break time. Da Bears now just needs to make Jimmy Howie and Terry and Frank all look like the chumps they are. GO BEARS!

Mister D
09-18-2011, 12:14 PM
Watching the Jets now.

Mister D
09-18-2011, 12:55 PM
Looks like the Steelers are going to lay a serious bitch slap down on the "Shehawks" today.

Conley
09-18-2011, 01:58 PM
Yep, there are some really bad teams this year and I think Seattle is one of them.

KC and Jacksonville too.

Mister D
09-18-2011, 02:07 PM
When I turned on the Jets I thought I was watching the wrong game. What's with those blue uniforms?

Conley
09-18-2011, 02:16 PM
When I turned on the Jets I thought I was watching the wrong game. What's with those blue uniforms?

The Jets are in blue? Freaky...not sure, must be throwbacks or something. I don't get the game here.

Mister D
09-18-2011, 02:19 PM

The Jets are in blue? Freaky...not sure, must be throwbacks or something. I don't get the game here.

Throwbacks to what though? They are a relatively new team and I remember Joe Namath's uniform. When the camera zooms out it looks like a Chargers game. Dark blue jerseys and gold pantaloons. Anyway, the Jets are spanking the Jags. The Chargers are on next.

Mister D
09-18-2011, 02:20 PM
Ohhh its' the Chargers and the Pats. :o

Conley
09-18-2011, 02:33 PM

Throwbacks to what though? They are a relatively new team and I remember Joe Namath's uniform. When the camera zooms out it looks like a Chargers game. Dark blue jerseys and gold pantaloons. Anyway, the Jets are spanking the Jags. The Chargers are on next.

Pantaloons! :o

Yep, I hope the Chargers have a chance...but I think they are going down.

MMC's Bears and Cutler in particular look pretty rough :(

Mister D
09-18-2011, 02:38 PM

Pantaloons! :o

Yep, I hope the Chargers have a chance...but I think they are going down.

MMC's Bears and Cutler in particular look pretty rough :(

They are a close fitting pair of trousers, no? ;D

Bears were losing last I checked.

Conley
09-18-2011, 03:15 PM
Correct on both counts! :D ;D ;D

Mister D
09-18-2011, 03:44 PM
Your Chargers ain't looking too bad. 8)

Conley
09-18-2011, 03:54 PM

Weeell...I appreciate that but even tho the score is 7-7 Tom Shady is having all day to throw. SD had to work a lot harder to get their score. We'll see but I still think the Pats win by 7+

Mister D
09-18-2011, 04:01 PM

Weeell...I appreciate that but even tho the score is 7-7 Tom Shady is having all day to throw. SD had to work a lot harder to get their score. We'll see but I still think the Pats win by 7+

Nice goal line stand there.

Yeah, Brady is amazing to watch. He runs that offense so quickly. :o

Conley
09-18-2011, 04:02 PM
Yep I was stunned Brady didn't complete it...we got lucky.

Conley
09-18-2011, 04:09 PM
Urrgh. I hate the Cheats. >:( >:(

Mister D
09-18-2011, 04:15 PM

Yeah, speaking of nice goal line stands. Do you agree with the call to go for it on 4th?

Conley
09-18-2011, 04:36 PM

Yeah, speaking of nice goal line stands. Do you agree with the call to go for it on 4th?

Heh...I do but the play calls on 2nd, 3rd and 4th were terrible. Especially the two times running right into the heart of the NE D. Stretch it wide and they don't have the speed to pursue. Our Head Coach Norv Turner is horrible. He hasn't even won half of his games. He tries to be well liked by his players...until he's fired they don't have a chance at the Super Bowl

Conley
09-18-2011, 04:40 PM
FTS...turning off the TV

Mister D
09-18-2011, 05:09 PM
FTS...turning off the TV

:D C'mon! The Chargers are driving right now. I bet they score. 8)

Mister D
09-18-2011, 05:12 PM
The Chargers and I are gonna stick this out. >:(

Mister D
09-18-2011, 05:18 PM
OK that interception hurt.

Conley
09-18-2011, 05:24 PM
:D I just started to go to back the game...then Rivers f'ed us AGAIN!

argh

I'm switching over to 'Celebrity Rehab'

O0

Mister D
09-18-2011, 05:33 PM
Hey, they are making this a game.

Conley
09-18-2011, 05:49 PM

:D Oh, D. I love your enthusiasm...wish I shared it. These are the Chargers. I've been watching them snatch defeat from the jaws of victory for a few years now. Three boneheaded turnovers and another TD for the Pats. :(

Mister D
09-18-2011, 06:03 PM

:D Oh, D. I love your enthusiasm...wish I shared it. These are the Chargers. I've been watching them snatch defeat from the jaws of victory for a few years now. Three boneheaded turnovers and another TD for the Pats. :(

I don't know, bro. This is still game. 5:40 left and down by a touchdown. Plenty of time to pull ahead. Now they have to go after Brady. Bury his punk ass under an avalanche of large, frenzied Negroes! >:(

Conley
09-18-2011, 06:03 PM

I don't know, bro. This is still game. 5:40 left and down by a touchdown. Plenty of time to pull ahead. Now they have to go after Brady. Bury his punk ass under an avalanche of large, frenzied Negroes! >:(

O0 O0 O0 DO IT!!!

Conley
09-18-2011, 06:04 PM
You can see how they're a frustrating team to cheer for though, right? All the talent in the world and the collective intelligence of a golden retriever :-\

Conley
09-18-2011, 06:06 PM
f it...

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQwfK_d5eWFs3Pd9-qj1F9prh0ddliw3g_q6EiGuKvuHaN_ye3BeHu77M908Q

Conley
09-18-2011, 06:10 PM
The good news for the real AFC contenders like Pitt and the Jets is that the NE D is pretty crappy.

and MMC wonders why my post count is so high :D >:D 8)

Mister D
09-18-2011, 06:16 PM
You can see how they're a frustrating team to cheer for though, right? All the talent in the world and the collective intelligence of a golden retriever :-\

So much for my enthusiasm. It was valiant effort in my eyes but you are obviously much more familiar with the Chargers. Frequent close losses are frustrating.

Conley
09-18-2011, 06:21 PM

So much for my enthusiasm. It was valiant effort in my eyes but you are obviously much more familiar with the Chargers. Frequent close losses are frustrating.

Yeah I have likened it to Charlie Brown asking Lucy to hold the football...year after year of this bs and it takes all the fun out of it. You can't even enjoy the wins that much because they're against teams they should beat, and you know if they make the playoffs they'll just choke again. Sorry I sound so negative! Sometimes I enjoy games where my teams aren't playing more than ones I am emotionally invested in.

Mister D
09-18-2011, 06:31 PM

Yeah I have likened it to Charlie Brown asking Lucy to hold the football...year after year of this bs and it takes all the fun out of it. You can't even enjoy the wins that much because they're against teams they should beat, and you know if they make the playoffs they'll just choke again. Sorry I sound so negative! Sometimes I enjoy games where my teams aren't playing more than ones I am emotionally invested in.

It's been a long while since I followed a team but I think I can understand. I honestly enjoy not having a team. You never get angry and the close games are almost always enjoyable.

Conley
09-18-2011, 06:33 PM

It's been a long while since I followed a team but I think I can understand. I honestly enjoy not having a team. You never get angry and the close games are almost always enjoyable.

Yep, all those years of cheering for Dan Marino took a toll on ya ;)

god Brady is such a lil' bitch whining after every play

Mister D
09-18-2011, 06:33 PM
In any case, I'm enjoying this season so far. Why next week I think I'll order me up some wings and pizza. :o 8)

Mister D
09-18-2011, 06:35 PM

Danny White and the Cowboys, actually! My brother and father are Giants fans so we always had fun Sundays. ;D

He has close to a 1000 yards in two games! :o

Mister D
09-18-2011, 06:36 PM
Cap't O's Steelers shut the Seahawks out.

Conley
09-18-2011, 06:41 PM

Danny White and the Cowboys, actually! My brother and father are Giants fans so we always had fun Sundays. ;D

:D I remember him...Danny White. Yeah, I can see why you'd be a fan of him. ;D >:D ;)

Glad you are enjoying the season so far..you should make your own pizza and wings! just get a boboli crust.

Mister D
09-18-2011, 06:52 PM

:D I remember him...Danny White. Yeah, I can see why you'd be a fan of him. ;D >:D ;)

Glad you are enjoying the season so far..you should make your own pizza and wings! just get a boboli crust.

Randy White was on the same team. ;D

Ah, pizza is one of those things I would never make at home. I could probably make good wings with some practice but I know you have to keep tabs on them. I've heard horror stories about the fat starting to burn and generating a lot of smoke.

Mister D
09-18-2011, 07:08 PM
I just heard this from a sportscaster: "Tom Brady has found a lot chemistry with his young tight ends". :roflmao:

Conley
09-18-2011, 07:12 PM
I just heard this from a sportscaster: "Tom Brady has found a lot chemistry with his young tight ends". :roflmao:

>:( >:( >:(

Yeah, I can't remember if it was wings or some other chicken I was roasting in the over but the grease / skin caught fire and it was a little scary. :o

Mister D
09-18-2011, 07:28 PM

Yeah, I can't remember if it was wings or some other chicken I was roasting in the over but the grease / skin caught fire and it was a little scary. :o

Yeah, that layer of fat under the skin can make things a little smoky. :o There a way to avoid that but I forget what it is.

Conley
09-18-2011, 07:31 PM

Yeah, that layer of fat under the skin can make things a little smoky. :o There a way to avoid that but I forget what it is.

Really? Interesting...other than cutting it off I wonder what. Or putting some sauce on it beforehand? I dunno.

Mister D
09-18-2011, 07:33 PM

Really? Interesting...other than cutting it off I wonder what. Or putting some sauce on it beforehand? I dunno.

It might even be the method. Maybe you aren't supposed to cook them above a certain temp at first?

Conley
09-18-2011, 07:34 PM

It might even be the method. Maybe you aren't supposed to cook them above a certain temp at first?

That makes sense.

Mister D
09-18-2011, 07:36 PM

That makes sense.

I thin that's it. I remember seeing a cooking show about this and I'm pretty sure it was something about the temperature.

Conley
09-18-2011, 07:40 PM
Also:

"Alton Brown has a recipe over on FoodNetwork.com that calls for steaming the wings beforehand, then refrigerating them for an hour before baking.

I've made them this way a couple of times, and they've come out really excellent -- the steaming pulls out enough fat that the skin then dries out a little in the fridge (I left mine for 2 hours and it made a huge difference)...then they get really crispy in the oven."

There is a great discussion on different methods / recipes here:

http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/741271

I may have to give it a go.

Mister D
09-18-2011, 08:10 PM
Also:

"Alton Brown has a recipe over on FoodNetwork.com that calls for steaming the wings beforehand, then refrigerating them for an hour before baking.

I've made them this way a couple of times, and they've come out really excellent -- the steaming pulls out enough fat that the skin then dries out a little in the fridge (I left mine for 2 hours and it made a huge difference)...then they get really crispy in the oven."

There is a great discussion on different methods / recipes here:

http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/741271

I may have to give it a go.

I think it might have been his show called Good Eats. I used to watch that show although I don't watch the Food Network much anymore. It's getting to be like MTV in the sense that they have all this special BS on now. Contests and reality crap. I just want to watch a cooking show.

Anyway, thanks. I may try this too. The way it's described it seems like you can actually make wings into a healthy snack. If the texture is the same or close enough I may cook the often. It's all about the taste though. It's one of the few bad foods I eat so I'm not giving up deep fried wings for an inferior baked version.

Conley
09-18-2011, 08:41 PM
I had to go on a run to vent my Brady Hate >:D

Yeah, if you can actually make them crispy by baking them then I'd be very interested. Texture is important.

Captain Obvious
09-18-2011, 08:51 PM
I'm the wing king, it's my fix. Found a new wing joint, they make them on Mondays. A little pricier than the last joint but way better.

Wings - if you're deep frying them, the oil has to be hot. I'm not sure how hot actually but it's tough to do on a stove top, commercial fryers work better.

If I'm making them indoors, I bake them - at around 400, 450 or so. The only problem is that the grease is sticky, they stick - even to glass baking dishes.

I generally grill them, way easier. On charcoal and I just cut the tips off - keep both segments together, makes it easier to deal with on the grill. High heat coals, flip often until they're almost burned. Then I just make a sauce - I do basic buffalo wing sauce, half margarine (not butter), half Franks. My wife makes her own, some tutti fruity shit.

They're fantastic, I'll take a pic of the next batch I do.

Captain Obvious
09-18-2011, 08:55 PM
Man, that SD game sucked. I turned it on half way in and thought the bolts might, might just pull one out.

They pulled out alright.

Captain Obvious
09-18-2011, 08:58 PM
Oh yeah, and I hit those wings with standard season salt. I use basic season salt on most everything I grill, I get more compliments when doing so.

Grilled some steaks yesterday and just put some of that salt on them and yeah, they were outstanding.

Conley
09-18-2011, 09:10 PM
I'm the wing king, it's my fix. Found a new wing joint, they make them on Mondays. A little pricier than the last joint but way better.

Wings - if you're deep frying them, the oil has to be hot. I'm not sure how hot actually but it's tough to do on a stove top, commercial fryers work better.

If I'm making them indoors, I bake them - at around 400, 450 or so. The only problem is that the grease is sticky, they stick - even to glass baking dishes.

I generally grill them, way easier. On charcoal and I just cut the tips off - keep both segments together, makes it easier to deal with on the grill. High heat coals, flip often until they're almost burned. Then I just make a sauce - I do basic buffalo wing sauce, half margarine (not butter), half Franks. My wife makes her own, some tutti fruity shit.

They're fantastic, I'll take a pic of the next batch I do.

Right on...when I bake I use foil because yeah, you will never get that grease off.

Conley
09-18-2011, 09:11 PM
Man, that SD game sucked. I turned it on half way in and thought the bolts might, might just pull one out.

They pulled out alright.

They're f'ing morons. Even usually reliable Rivers made a few bonehead plays. It's the same chit, new year. ::) Hopefully your Stillers can knock em out of the Playoffs.

Conley
09-18-2011, 10:21 PM
just turned on the game

what happened to vick the prick?

he got hurt already? figured it'd take a few weeks. kafka is in.

looks like a good one.

Conley
09-18-2011, 10:24 PM
I thought Vince Young was the backup too.

MMC
09-19-2011, 12:12 AM

Now that was funny D.....ok.....that interception hurt. :D :D ;D

Yean and I saw ya hit the TV CL......no need to beat up the electronic devices. ;)

MMC
09-19-2011, 12:26 AM
Looks like the Steelers are going to lay a serious bitch slap down on the "Shehawks" today.

They did too.....

I ended up 9-6 going into tonights game. I have the Giants winning.

1st week - 10 wins 6 losses
2nd week- 9 wins 6 losses.

MMC
09-19-2011, 12:58 AM
Well Da Bears had their azz handed to them. Started off alright. Then on that 3rd and 12 Brees got lucky with the Bomb and that changed the whole complection of the game.

Did you see how Cutler acted thru-out the game. Sitting on the bench, bitching, and throwing an attitude. Then they showed the whole team standing down on one side of the field and Cutler down by himself on the other end. Then in the 3rd quarter Cutler was just throwing the ball away. I sat and listened to WUSS-ASS Troy Aikmen make all kinds of Excuses for Cutler and then deflected to all the sacks wuss man takes. Then they kept talking about the Bears line. All the changes etc etc. He ended up with 6 sacks getting put on his ass. He did not throw an interception but he did fumble. So 2 games and two turnovers. If his ass was a real QB he wouldnt have took have the sacks. He would be able to read the blitz, which he just cannot seem to do.

Problem is Da Bears proved they could run block even if they couldn't pass block. So to me it is the Head Coach's job to do what it takes to win. Notice Lovey Dovey didn't do a damn thing. Except to run out for a couple Big Macs afterwards. What a biznitch.

He should have pulled Cutler in the 2nd quarter and handed the reins to Hanie. Moreover he should have contacted Martz's azz in the Box and told him to start running the ball. Then Cutler would not have fumbled. Here he gets two first downs just threw the ball 5 times and now comes back with a first and ten. Then has Cutler throw again. What a joke that was.

If I was the owner I would call DeAngelo, Lovey, and Martz to my office immediately and laid down some law to their asses. They grab all these defensive line guys. But have none for the offensive line and none for linebackers and cornerbacks. That is the General Mgr and the Head Coach's fault.

MMC
09-19-2011, 06:39 AM
I thought for sure the Ravens would beat TN. Then I thought the Vikings had that game won. TB coming back was a :o.

The Falcons was a surprise as well. The Miami game was my 50-50 same with Indy. Or I should say my Iffy Games. Thought Miami would win with being the home team. But for some reason they just cannot win at home.

Vick gets concussed. Cutler get bum-rushed. But two of the Bears Offensive line guys went down. Heard something happened to Big Ben too.

Conley
09-19-2011, 07:58 AM

Yean and I saw ya hit the TV CL......no need to beat up the electronic devices. ;)

Yeah you could probably hear me cursin all the way in Chi-town!

MMC
09-19-2011, 08:22 AM

Yeah you could probably hear me cursin all the way in Chi-town!

You was cursin.....???

http://ts3.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=1165957071294&id=37403d1761ee9649043510c49969cb67&url=http%3a%2f%2ffmillustration.typepad.com%2f.a%2 f6a0128759fd4d6970c0147e251e0f1970b-800wi

http://ts1.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=1264220842272&id=6b350e53ba0af32ff9c6bf117965ac02&url=http%3a%2f%2f2.bp.blogspot.com%2f_s8ezCgMzbO0% 2fSXR774ZIspI%2fAAAAAAAAABs%2fNQU9hmuUTEw%2fs400%2 fseason-of-the-witch%2bphoto%2bset.jpg

When you Cursin do you have to Gather first?

http://ts1.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=1190570364268&id=1c4012f05ea7156b3a3aa28ac40ffa1d&url=http%3a%2f%2fus.123rf.com%2f400wm%2f400%2f400% 2fensiferum%2fensiferum1011%2fensiferum101100005%2 f8251395-witch-dressed-in-traditional-ukrainian-russian-clothes-casting-spells-with-shadow-in-the-form-of-dem.jpg

Or do you do this cursin solo and with ingredients? :D ;D

Conley
09-19-2011, 09:53 AM
;D

I do it solo and with plenty of libations!

I wouldn't put a curse on anyone...well except maybe Tom Shady. He's such a chode. Yesterday he was standing over an injured Charger because he thought the guy was faking an injury. Ass.

Mister D
09-19-2011, 10:05 AM
;D

I wouldn't put a curse on anyone...well except maybe Tom Shady. He's such a chode. Yesterday he was standing over an injured Charger because he thought the guy was faking an injury. Ass.

That was funny. I remember that.

Conley
09-19-2011, 10:19 AM
;D

Yeah and I doubt he apologized once that guy went back into the locker room for treatment.

Shady is such an ass he sued a homeless dude! Forget I said that...that will probably score him some points in your mind :D

Mister D
09-19-2011, 10:23 AM
;D

Yeah and I doubt he apologized once that guy went back into the locker room for treatment.

Shady is such an ass he sued a homeless dude! Forget I said that...that will probably score him some points in your mind :D

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: That's awesome!

Conley
09-19-2011, 10:35 AM
;D

Looks like you have a new favorite team >:( :-\ :'( :D

MMC
09-19-2011, 11:52 AM
;D

Mr. Wendal (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9pfxI1p3v8#)

"Say What".....Carol sued Mr Wendal? WTF.

Mister D
09-19-2011, 05:47 PM
;D

Looks like you have a new favorite team >:( :-\ :'( :D

I try to show some love for the home town crowd. I root for the Jets when they play. But, yeah, you probably shouldn't have mentioned that. Suing a homeless guy is hardcore. It demands respect. :D O0

Conley
09-19-2011, 06:00 PM
:D

Just so long as you don't cheer for the Chargers. Here's how dysfunctional they are: they fired the coach after the team went 14-2! He wasn't even caught in a scandal! Just up and fired him, because they're morons. >:( >:( >:(

Mister D
09-19-2011, 06:04 PM

Just so long as you don't cheer for the Chargers. Here's how dysfunctional they are: they fired the coach after the team went 14-2! He wasn't even caught in a scandal! Just up and fired him, because they're morons. >:( >:( >:(

That's bizarre. ??? What was their reasoning? Or was it personal?

Conley
09-19-2011, 06:08 PM

It was entirely personal. The coach and GM didn't get along, and rather than work it out they decided to fire the coach. ::) There was never a legit explanation given and due to the timing of it (late in the year), the only coach they could get was this ex-Raider and Redskin guy who is absolute dogmeat.

Mister D
09-19-2011, 06:09 PM

It was entirely personal. The coach and GM didn't get along, and rather than work it out they decided to fire the coach. ::)

What was the Chargers' record the next season or did this just happen last year? In any case, I'd be disgusted as a fan.

Conley
09-19-2011, 06:15 PM

It was entirely personal. The coach and GM didn't get along, and rather than work it out they decided to fire the coach. ::)

What was the Chargers' record the next season or did this just happen last year? In any case, I'd be disgusted as a fan.

It happened four seasons ago and each year they've gotten progressively worse. The year he was fired we were a few minutes away from the AFC championship. With the new coach, here's how each season has gone: his first year, 2 playoff wins, next season 1 play off win, 3rd season lost the first game of the playoffs, and last year didn't even make the playoffs. See a trend there? :D

Mister D
09-19-2011, 06:17 PM

It happened four seasons ago and each year they've gotten progressively worse. The year he was fired we were a few minutes away from the AFC championship. With the new coach, here's how each season has gone: his first year, 2 playoff wins, next season 1 play off win, 3rd season lost the first game of the playoffs, and last year didn't even make the playoffs. See a trend there? :D

I'd expect a lot of people to be up in arms over that. Not just pissed off fans either. a lot of money is at stake, WTF?

Conley
09-19-2011, 06:22 PM
I know...people who take it seriously have gotten pissed. There's nothing really anyone can do about it.

Interesting that you bring up money. There are some (more than a few actually) who think that the team isn't trying as hard as it could because they want to move the team to Los Angeles. The owners can make a lot more money if the team is moved there (much larger market), but they have to justify it. A crappy team means fewer fans in the seats, which gives them the justification to move the team (the other NFL owners have to approve the move). I'm not saying that's what's going on but there are certainly economic factors in the mix. I think the team will end up in Los Angeles regardless though. See, the NFL is a thinking man's game, with all the intrigue of world politics! ;D

Mister D
09-19-2011, 06:42 PM
I know...people who take it seriously have gotten pissed. There's nothing really anyone can do about it.

Interesting that you bring up money. There are some (more than a few actually) who think that the team isn't trying as hard as it could because they want to move the team to Los Angeles. The owners can make a lot more money if the team is moved there (much larger market), but they have to justify it. A crappy team means fewer fans in the seats, which gives them the justification to move the team (the other NFL owners have to approve the move). I'm not saying that's what's going on but there are certainly economic factors in the mix. I think the team will end up in Los Angeles regardless though. See, the NFL is a thinking man's game, with all the intrigue of world politics! ;D

:D ;) Interesting. I am sometimes amazed by how much thought you guys put into your football commentary here.

Conley
09-19-2011, 06:45 PM

:D ;) Interesting. I am sometimes amazed by how much thought you guys put into your football commentary here.

It's such an incredible waste of time. I recognize this and yet...for some reason I follow it. I don't even enjoy my own team! >:( ??? :D

Mister D
09-19-2011, 06:48 PM

It's such an incredible waste of time. I recognize this and yet...for some reason I follow it. I don't even enjoy my own team! >:( ??? :D

Not if you enjoy the game. Honestly, as much as I tend to agree with some cultural critics that it's a bread and circuses distraction I really don't want everyone involved in politics. Then again, at this point the more outrage the better. Rise up!

Back to football. We can take the politics elsewhere.

MMC
09-19-2011, 10:31 PM
Looks like the Giants have gone to town. So I end up 10-6 this week too. 20-12 for 2 weeks.

Football commentary? You mean football bitchin. :D :D

Conley
09-19-2011, 10:47 PM
Looks like the Giants have gone to town. So I end up 10-6 this week too. 20-12 for 2 weeks.

Football commentary? You mean football bitchin. :D :D

Yep, alls I do is bitch bitch bitch ;-)