PDA

View Full Version : Could it happen?

Mister D
09-13-2011, 12:37 PM
http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/276934/raison-debt-mona-charen

Be prepared: The first few pages of Chapter Two can turn your blood to ice. America’s decline, Daniels writes, may not be a gradual slide, but instead a sudden plunge into chaos. Sketching what a financial collapse could look like if we fail to control our debt, he writes, “Monday, 6 a.m. — a Chinese official issues a statement saying that China will no longer be buying Treasury securities because ‘we see no evidence that the U.S. will take the steps necessary to grow its economy or limit its spending so it can afford to repay’ . . . Monday 9:30 a.m. — the dollar drops 10 percent . . . NY Stock Market opens in free fall . . . Monday afternoon . . . other nations’ central banks begin to sell off U.S. Treasuries . . . ”

It continues that way, with runs on banks, the dollar spiraling down, the Dow Jones crashing, OPEC denominating oil in something other than dollars, long gas lines, panicked buying of necessities like food, shortages of consumer goods, and finally civil unrest and martial law.

Conley
09-13-2011, 12:42 PM
Disturbing...that looks to be a great read though. I do think that when the collapse comes it will be swift...just like the USSR and the Berlin Wall. There one day, gone the next...now that is not to say the U.S. will be gone in a day, just that the collapse, unrest and civil unrest will happen very quickly when it begins to snowball. Scary stuff.

Mister D
09-13-2011, 12:44 PM
Disturbing...that looks to be a great read though. I do think that when the collapse comes it will be swift...just like the USSR and the Berlin Wall. There one day, gone the next...now that is not to say the U.S. will be gone in a day, just that the collapse, unrest and civil unrest will happen very quickly when it begins to snowball. Scary stuff.

yes, it is. I'm not quite sold on it but I am glad that I'm armed. Speaking of which...

Conley
09-13-2011, 01:01 PM
I wish Daniels would have run. It seems a lot of centrists just aren't interested (or don't have a chance).

MMC
09-13-2011, 07:25 PM
I wish Daniels would have run. It seems a lot of centrists just aren't interested (or don't have a chance).

Yep Daniels still holds some of those True Republican Values.....I agree with you CL if it happens here we still will have a country. Yet I bet we shut down All forms of communications just like all other countries are doing. To prevent gatherings etc etc.

wingrider
09-14-2011, 09:05 AM
maybe Daniels is smarter than we give him credit for.. why would anyone want to step in and get salughtered from the mess that Bush and Obama have put this country in? whoever does step in and does what is necessary to correct this fiasco of an economy is going to be crucified by the press and everyone in the parties.. it is going to have to be someone with gonads of steel and willing to throw his political future into the fire.

some how I just don't see that person running

MMC
09-14-2011, 09:10 AM
maybe Daniels is smarter than we give him credit for.. why would anyone want to step in and get salughtered from the mess that Bush and Obama have put this country in? whoever does step in and does what is necessary to correct this fiasco of an economy is going to be crucified by the press and everyone in the parties.. it is going to have to be someone with gonads of steel and willing to throw his political future into the fire.

Plus Daniels wouldn't want to be mixed in with the likes of Palin, Bachmann and Perry. When around laughing stock people tend to get tied to it. He did right and got out the fiasco. Moreover he didn't care for palin's remarks about reagan either.

Conley
09-14-2011, 10:10 AM

Great point -- you are 100% right. I think that time that someone would step in and save us has come and gone. Only person I could see doing this would be Ron Paul, who I believe still serves the interests of the country and would be willing to sacrifice himself, but GOP leadership doesn't want him anywhere near the nomination.