PDA

View Full Version : Characteristics of a People Chosen by Satan

Calypso Jones
09-12-2012, 03:27 PM
http://xenohistorian.faithweb.com/holyb ... malek.html (http://xenohistorian.faithweb.com/holybook/articles/amalek.html)

1. Discrimination against women. A culture that keeps women barefoot and pregnant eliminates half of the available workforce.

2. An anti-intellectual attitude. For those who still attend school, after the girls have been kicked out, don't allow them to learn much that is useful. Scorn personal achievement, spread the idea that those who think for themselves are untrustworthy, un-macho, or otherwise bad for the group.

3. Encourage people to think that only the present matters; discourage saving or planning for the future. A cult that makes death seem better than life will help a lot here.

4. A double dose of paranoia. Isolate the people from foreigners, promote the idea that the whole world stinks except for the little area where that culture resides, and get them to blame someone else for all of their problems. Make failure look like success, and vice versa; those who succeed or get a lucky break should see it as an insult to their virtue, or even a threat to it.

5. An absence of manners, or what we might call "civilized behavior." Many of our laws and customs were created to promote cooperation, and to prevent acts of violence. When we allow competition, whether in economics, politics, sports or scientific research, it is because we think it is productive. A dysfunctional culture, on the other hand, tells individuals to choose violence as a first resort, rather than a last resort, and glorifies those who fight and die for honor. That's why the so-called "honor killings" that happen in places like the Middle East are a sure sign of barbarism.

6. You have to lock up people to keep them in a dysfunctional culture; most will get out if they can. Therefore it is safe to say that the folks living in one are trapped, if they aren't in a position of wealth or authority.

7. Cruelty to animals. You may have heard psychologists say that a person who mistreats animals at an early stage of life is likely to mistreat humans later on. Well, there is plenty of cruelty to animals in areas where Islam is dominant, from the Taliban using dogs for poison gas testing, to Palestinian and Iraqi terrorists using donkeys to deliver explosives. By contrast, Judeo-Christian teaching frequently reminds us to be kind to animals. In the Old Testament, we have laws which say things like "you shall not muzzle the ox that threshes," "do not hitch an ox and an ass to the same yoke" (which would give the donkey an unfair burden, in order to keep up with the ox), and "you shall not boil a kid in the milk of its mother." Likewise, in the New Testament Jesus tells us that if an animal of yours falls into a pit on the Sabbath and you help it out, it is not a violation of the Sabbath. I even know a rabbi who became a vegetarian, because he felt that the way animals are treated in today's "factory farms" goes against the spirit of the Torah. One could make the case that nowhere are pets and livestock treated better than in the Western nations, and nowhere are they treated worse than in Moslem nations (see also Kathleen Parker's column, "In Islamic countries, dogs dream of America"). In July 2007 we also learned that dogfighting is popular in urban America (see below), with the discovery that dogs were incited to fight to the death on the property of Michael Vick, a quarterback for the Atlanta Falcons.

8. To go with the lack of interest in the future (see #3 above), throw in a lack of respect for the past, including your own. Dictators often see a threat from history, and will rewrite it to suit their purposes. In place of the truth they may offer a paradise for workers/peasants/barbarians that never really existed. Nazi Germany, for example, taught that before Christianity came along, early Germans lived in the simple society of Wagnerian operas and Nordic sagas, where courage was more important than thinking, and one usually dealt with his enemies by killing them. Likewise, in the Middle East those countries which are rich in artifacts from pre-Islamic eras (e.g., Turkey, Egypt, Iraq and Iran) have long had a problem with looting. In Israel we have seen Palestinian construction crews scrape the Temple Mount down to bedrock, in an effort to get rid of evidence of Jewish or Christian activity in Old Jerusalem, and the Taliban destroyed the Bamian Buddhas to erase the fact that Afghanistan had been a Buddhist country for 900 years (200 B.C.-700 A.D.). I guess it was expected that today's Islamists would not show respect to Jewish, Christian and Buddhist holy places, but I was surprised to find out that even Islamic holy and historical sites aren't safe from them. After all, they glorify the time of Mohammed and the first four Caliphs, so you would expect them to careful with anything left over from those days. Instead, there are the cases I mentioned in other papers about how the Wahhabis destroyed the tomb of Mohammed when they first captured Medina in 1806, and when the Palestinians gained control over the tomb of Joseph in 2000, their hatred of anything Jewish caused them to desecrate that, too. Never mind that Joseph is a hero to Moslems, with a whole chapter in the Koran devoted to him (Sura 12). More recently we have seen "insurgents" blow up mosques in Iraq, while in Mecca modern construction has bulldozed over the house where Mohammed was born, the house of his first wife, Khadija, and the first Islamic school. The Wahhabi view is that such places can--and have--become places of idolatry, like the icons and shrines to saints in medieval Europe. So far they have exempted the Kaaba and the Black Stone, because they are so important to pilgrims, but let's see how long that will last. If you're like me, and want the world to have a record of what really happened, you have to wonder what those obsessed with eradicating the past are trying to hide.

Germany developed a dysfunctional culture under the Nazis. Communism also embraced several of the above elements, the main difference being that it forced women to work as hard as men, instead of keeping them at home (Mao Zedong once said that "women hold up half of the heavens").

More recently a dysfunctional culture has risen up in America's inner cities, glamorized by gangsta rap. Besides the dogfighting mentioned above, here we see children brought up in households without fathers, women derided as "bitches" and "hos," educators serving as babysitters rather than as teachers, and successful students viewed as sellouts; a life of crime is seen as the quickest way to prosperity, and a sudden, violent death is often expected, so there's little point in investing for tomorrow.

Finally, we see the features of a dysfunctional culture in the nations that have embraced radical Islam. We saw them in Afghanistan under the Taliban, we see them in the Palestinian Authority--and we see them in Saudi Arabia.

coolwalker
09-12-2012, 04:38 PM
More recently a dysfunctional culture has risen up in America's inner cities, glamorized by gangsta rap. Besides the dogfighting mentioned above, here we see children brought up in households without fathers, women derided as "bitches" and "hos," educators serving as babysitters rather than as teachers, and successful students viewed as sellouts; a life of crime is seen as the quickest way to prosperity, and a sudden, violent death is often expected, so there's little point in investing for tomorrow.

Finally, we see the features of a dysfunctional culture in the nations that have embraced radical Islam. We saw them in Afghanistan under the Taliban, we see them in the Palestinian Authority--and we see them in Saudi Arabia.

Very interesting...but be careful, someone will label you a racist.

Calypso Jones
09-12-2012, 04:57 PM
That's so tired it's lost it's sting. More laughable than anything. And the accusations is used more to shut down anyone who does not have the proper thinking.

Still. The article fits the muslim world doesn't it? as well as chicago, specifically.

AZFlyFisher
09-12-2012, 06:22 PM
Sounds a lot like some fundamentalist Christian sects in the United States, too.

Trinnity
09-12-2012, 06:43 PM
Sounds a lot like some fundamentalist Christian sects in the United States, too.Uhhhhhhhhhhh NO. Do you get a cookie every time you bash Christians?

Calypso Jones
09-12-2012, 07:00 PM
Sounds a lot like some fundamentalist Christian sects in the United States, too.

link?

AZFlyFisher
09-13-2012, 03:43 AM
link?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTv4zVyTk_8&feature=related

Discrimination against women.

An anti-intellectual attitude.

Encourage people to think that only the present matters

A double dose of paranoia. Isolate the people from foreigners, promote the idea that the whole world stinks except for the little area where that culture resides, and get them to blame someone else for all of their problems.

You have to lock up people to keep them in a dysfunctional culture; most will get out if they can. Therefore it is safe to say that the folks living in one are trapped, if they aren't in a position of wealth or authority.

Mind control, superiority of the "elders."

Isolation. Look at the fences in the video, never mind the town is already in the middle of no where.

Animal cruelty http://upr.org/post/reward-offered-animal-cruelty-case-flds-community

"A $15,000 reward has been offered in a recent case of animal cruelty in the FLDS-dominated bordertown of Colorado City, Arizona.The now infamous cat mutilation case actually took place on May 31, but only recently received local and national news attention when footage was posted on Youtube.
Cedar City private investigator Sam Brower says it is a familiar form of intimidation directed at those who speak out against FLDS leadership, implying "If you don't toe the line, this is what could happen to you."

How many more parallels do you want?

Mister D
09-14-2012, 03:37 PM
AZ, there are about 10K people in this cult. How many parallels? Just one will do. :wink:

AZFlyFisher
09-14-2012, 05:37 PM
AZ, there are about 10K people in this cult. How many parallels? Just one will do. :wink:

You either didn't read my last post or failed to comprehend it. I gave you several.

Mister D
09-15-2012, 09:52 AM
You either didn't read my last post or failed to comprehend it. I gave you several.

You once again selected a tiny cult representing a ridiculously small percentage of Christians in the US let alone the world's "Christian" population. AZ, if you insist on discussing Christianity and/or religion generally it would behoove you to learn something about it. As we saw, you were utterly lost when discussing the fundamentals of the Christian religion. Stop embarrassing yourself.

AZFlyFisher
09-15-2012, 12:30 PM
You once again selected a tiny cult representing a ridiculously small percentage of Christians in the US let alone the world's "Christian" population. AZ, if you insist on discussing Christianity and/or religion generally it would behoove you to learn something about it. As we saw, you were utterly lost when discussing the fundamentals of the Christian religion. Stop embarrassing yourself.

Once again I was correct. I didn't claim all of Christianity, did I? I obviously know more about Christianity and/or religion than you do, Mister D. Quit attempting to antagonize by contradicting everything I say. You're making yourself look like an idiot. I have proven you wrong every time we've had these type of discussions.

Calypso Jones
09-15-2012, 12:39 PM
There are always gonna be small bands of nutcases that do not represent the whole of say...christianity. But the problem remains that the characteristics of islam....the bad ones, seem to represent the large majority of muslims. Not my opinion. It's what we see happen time and time again. barbarism, perversion, intolerance, xenophobia, anti-semitism, anti-west, anti-woman, anti-child, anti-intellectualism, radically theocratic, totalitarian at the very least.

AZFlyFisher
09-15-2012, 01:16 PM
The Muslims I've met, and surely the vast majority of Muslims here in the United States, are peaceful people. What we see in the Middle East are people (Muslims) who do not separate politics from religion and it's a volatile mix.

Calypso Jones
09-15-2012, 01:23 PM
The Muslims I've met, and surely the vast majority of Muslims here in the United States, are peaceful people. What we see in the Middle East are people (Muslims) who do not separate politics from religion and it's a volatile mix.

Muslims don't get nasty in their host country until the saturate the population to a certain point. You're naive if you think they are not prepared to do just that in this country. We're already seeing it in Michigan. To a degree in Northern Virginia and other places in this country that the media does not want to report. It's happened in the past, is happening and will continue. It's lovely that you're so tolerant. It's self destructive that you won't look at the reality.

AZFlyFisher
09-15-2012, 01:49 PM
Don't get me wrong... I think we would be better off without any religion. I just haven't seen the large majority of Muslims acting that way here. You're probably right that once they saturate to a certain point there will be enough radical ones to change the political climate and violence will be the norm.

Calypso Jones
09-15-2012, 02:20 PM
Don't get me wrong... I think we would be better off without any religion. I just haven't seen the large majority of Muslims acting that way here. You're probably right that once they saturate to a certain point there will be enough radical ones to change the political climate and violence will be the norm.

well thank you for at least recognizing that probability. I'm not happy about this situation either. I don't like thinking of my small grandchildren as some musleman's sex slave, having them beaten and not remembering how much they were loved.
I just don't understand how a country can be so damned stupid that we allow a class of people in with a history of bad behavior and then we act like they're some kind of esteemed religious folk. they are not.

Mister D
09-17-2012, 07:58 AM
Once again I was correct. I didn't claim all of Christianity, did I? I obviously know more about Christianity and/or religion than you do, Mister D. Quit attempting to antagonize by contradicting everything I say. You're making yourself look like an idiot. I have proven you wrong every time we've had these type of discussions.

Contradicting everything you say? You say the same thing over and over again. It's pretty much all you do. :laugh: "It's always a variation on this: "I hate religion and Christians. They're stupid." AZZ, you aren't fooling anyone. You attempted to turn a discussion about radical Islam into a smear against Christians but Calypso corrected you. Your attempt to smear Christians failed because the militant behavior being discussed is far too common among Muslims. You failed, AZZ. As usual. :grin:

AZFlyFisher
09-17-2012, 12:57 PM
Contradicting everything you say? You say the same thing over and over again. It's pretty much all you do. :laugh: "It's always a variation on this: "I hate religion and Christians. They're stupid." AZZ, you aren't fooling anyone. You attempted to turn a discussion about radical Islam into a smear against Christians but Calypso corrected you. Your attempt to smear Christians failed because the militant behavior being discussed is far too common among Muslims. You failed, AZZ. As usual. :grin:

Not at all. I claimed there were parallels between some Christian sects and proved it succinctly (look it up). Then you attacked me again and said nothing of substance as usual.

Mister D
09-17-2012, 01:11 PM
Not at all. I claimed there were parallels between some Christian sects and proved it succinctly (look it up). Then you attacked me again and said nothing of substance as usual.

AZZ, you aren't fooling anyone but Calypso already dismissed your attempted smear for what it is. You failed. :smiley:

Ivan88
09-22-2012, 06:11 AM
To say that there is a people chosen by satan, is to say that satan is an individual entity, hence created by "nature's God". Therefore, by saying that, you are blaming God for the evil in the world.

People choose to follow either their egoistic mind, or to follow "nature's God". Those that follow the God of Life and Love are chosen people.

Those who choose to follow their social ego are of the synogog of God's adversaries.

Furthermore, the word "women" does not include all females. It derives from old English, wifman, or with man, not against man.

And the word discrimination means to choose the non-criminal.

Regarding men and women,
Women were made to serve, aide and please Men. Men were made to rule over their females and women, as well as himself and his family, locality and nation.

And Men, does not include all males, but includes all males that put the weightier matters of the Law, Truth, Mercy and Faith, First in their lives, mind and actions.

Stuck_In_California
09-22-2012, 06:50 AM
This OP is the result of an ignorant, purile mind:

http://xenohistorian.faithweb.com/holyb ... malek.html (http://xenohistorian.faithweb.com/holybook/articles/amalek.html)

1. Discrimination against women. A culture that keeps women barefoot and pregnant eliminates half of the available workforce.

2. An anti-intellectual attitude. For those who still attend school, after the girls have been kicked out, don't allow them to learn much that is useful. Scorn personal achievement, spread the idea that those who think for themselves are untrustworthy, un-macho, or otherwise bad for the group.

3. Encourage people to think that only the present matters; discourage saving or planning for the future. A cult that makes death seem better than life will help a lot here.

4. A double dose of paranoia. Isolate the people from foreigners, promote the idea that the whole world stinks except for the little area where that culture resides, and get them to blame someone else for all of their problems. Make failure look like success, and vice versa; those who succeed or get a lucky break should see it as an insult to their virtue, or even a threat to it.

5. An absence of manners, or what we might call "civilized behavior." Many of our laws and customs were created to promote cooperation, and to prevent acts of violence. When we allow competition, whether in economics, politics, sports or scientific research, it is because we think it is productive. A dysfunctional culture, on the other hand, tells individuals to choose violence as a first resort, rather than a last resort, and glorifies those who fight and die for honor. That's why the so-called "honor killings" that happen in places like the Middle East are a sure sign of barbarism.

6. You have to lock up people to keep them in a dysfunctional culture; most will get out if they can. Therefore it is safe to say that the folks living in one are trapped, if they aren't in a position of wealth or authority.

7. Cruelty to animals. You may have heard psychologists say that a person who mistreats animals at an early stage of life is likely to mistreat humans later on. Well, there is plenty of cruelty to animals in areas where Islam is dominant, from the Taliban using dogs for poison gas testing, to Palestinian and Iraqi terrorists using donkeys to deliver explosives. By contrast, Judeo-Christian teaching frequently reminds us to be kind to animals. In the Old Testament, we have laws which say things like "you shall not muzzle the ox that threshes," "do not hitch an ox and an ass to the same yoke" (which would give the donkey an unfair burden, in order to keep up with the ox), and "you shall not boil a kid in the milk of its mother." Likewise, in the New Testament Jesus tells us that if an animal of yours falls into a pit on the Sabbath and you help it out, it is not a violation of the Sabbath. I even know a rabbi who became a vegetarian, because he felt that the way animals are treated in today's "factory farms" goes against the spirit of the Torah. One could make the case that nowhere are pets and livestock treated better than in the Western nations, and nowhere are they treated worse than in Moslem nations (see also Kathleen Parker's column, "In Islamic countries, dogs dream of America"). In July 2007 we also learned that dogfighting is popular in urban America (see below), with the discovery that dogs were incited to fight to the death on the property of Michael Vick, a quarterback for the Atlanta Falcons.

8. To go with the lack of interest in the future (see #3 above), throw in a lack of respect for the past, including your own. Dictators often see a threat from history, and will rewrite it to suit their purposes. In place of the truth they may offer a paradise for workers/peasants/barbarians that never really existed. Nazi Germany, for example, taught that before Christianity came along, early Germans lived in the simple society of Wagnerian operas and Nordic sagas, where courage was more important than thinking, and one usually dealt with his enemies by killing them. Likewise, in the Middle East those countries which are rich in artifacts from pre-Islamic eras (e.g., Turkey, Egypt, Iraq and Iran) have long had a problem with looting. In Israel we have seen Palestinian construction crews scrape the Temple Mount down to bedrock, in an effort to get rid of evidence of Jewish or Christian activity in Old Jerusalem, and the Taliban destroyed the Bamian Buddhas to erase the fact that Afghanistan had been a Buddhist country for 900 years (200 B.C.-700 A.D.). I guess it was expected that today's Islamists would not show respect to Jewish, Christian and Buddhist holy places, but I was surprised to find out that even Islamic holy and historical sites aren't safe from them. After all, they glorify the time of Mohammed and the first four Caliphs, so you would expect them to careful with anything left over from those days. Instead, there are the cases I mentioned in other papers about how the Wahhabis destroyed the tomb of Mohammed when they first captured Medina in 1806, and when the Palestinians gained control over the tomb of Joseph in 2000, their hatred of anything Jewish caused them to desecrate that, too. Never mind that Joseph is a hero to Moslems, with a whole chapter in the Koran devoted to him (Sura 12). More recently we have seen "insurgents" blow up mosques in Iraq, while in Mecca modern construction has bulldozed over the house where Mohammed was born, the house of his first wife, Khadija, and the first Islamic school. The Wahhabi view is that such places can--and have--become places of idolatry, like the icons and shrines to saints in medieval Europe. So far they have exempted the Kaaba and the Black Stone, because they are so important to pilgrims, but let's see how long that will last. If you're like me, and want the world to have a record of what really happened, you have to wonder what those obsessed with eradicating the past are trying to hide.

Germany developed a dysfunctional culture under the Nazis. Communism also embraced several of the above elements, the main difference being that it forced women to work as hard as men, instead of keeping them at home (Mao Zedong once said that "women hold up half of the heavens").

Calypso Jones
09-22-2012, 07:12 AM
that's your opinion dude. And you're welcome to it. History and human behavior are on my side.

but this is funny. two Movie theatres burned down in Pakistan over a movie that hasn't been shown publicly AND, the don't show you-tube vids in Middle eastern theatres do they? REgardless...let them burn their digs down. who cares. They're like compton. Only problem is that Obonehead will probably give them money to rebuild.

How many muslims countries are now in flames or rioting over a poorly made movie shown to ten peopLe? I can post it but its at least ten. They're torturing, murdering, crucifying people, CRUCIFYING CATS, sodomizing, burning, killing, destroying, threatening all in the name of the religion of peas. The peacefool muslim religion. wake up dude.

Stuck_In_California
09-22-2012, 08:46 AM
that's your opinion dude..........

Yes it is.

But my opinion is based on facts.
Yours is based on nonsense and the worst sort of ignorant popular tripe.

... dude.

Ivan88
10-12-2012, 11:52 AM
Our unredeemed self is the only satan there is is.
Some will repent and those of the sinogog of God's adversaries often do not.
715 from video Mohktarnameh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=5aY_Yr82sUI&feature=endscreen

AZFlyFisher
10-12-2012, 12:27 PM

No one is going to watch a 13 minute video with subtitles. What is your point?

Trinnity
10-12-2012, 01:29 PM
The article fits the muslim world doesn't it? as well as chicago, specifically.It does indeed. Philly, Detroit come to mind as well.

Captain Obvious
10-12-2012, 08:18 PM

What the fuck...

Ivan88
10-13-2012, 08:53 PM
No one is going to watch a 13 minute video with subtitles. What is your point?

The point is to answer the lead question of this thread, characteristics of people chosen by satan.

732The whole video series on Mohktar reveals the characteristics of those "chosen by satan."

Morningstar
10-13-2012, 08:59 PM

Satan doesn't exist, silly.

Calypso Jones
10-13-2012, 09:44 PM
is his name..........ALLAH??

Deadwood
10-13-2012, 09:45 PM
That's so tired it's lost it's sting. More laughable than anything. And the accusations is used more to shut down anyone who does not have the proper thinking.

Still. The article fits the muslim world doesn't it? as well as chicago, specifically.

Oh well, then it will be "Islamophobe"

I love this shit. Call someone a racist and what can that person do...deny it?

Add that to the list...

Personally I like "homophobe"....translated it means someone who has an irrational fear of mankind or, paranoid.

Great stuff...

we'll just keep inventing words instead of engaging in actual debate with things like, oh, say facts.

Conley
10-13-2012, 09:47 PM
I don't think the article fits Chicago..last I saw a woman from Chicago is running the free world :laugh:

Calypso Jones
10-13-2012, 09:51 PM
I had totally forgotten Hill was a chicagoan. Well that makes sense. Running it into the ground is more like it.

Conley
10-13-2012, 09:53 PM
:laugh: Actually I forgot about Hill too, I was thinking of Michelle :evil:

Morningstar
10-13-2012, 10:57 PM

But there is no Satan. Now what?!?

Calypso Jones
10-13-2012, 10:59 PM
Ask you muslim buddies if there is a satan.

Morningstar
10-13-2012, 11:14 PM
Ask you muslim buddies if there is a satan.

Jesus Fucking Christ. You're batshit crazy, ain't ya?

Calypso Jones
10-13-2012, 11:22 PM

possibly. keep that in mind.

Captain Obvious
10-13-2012, 11:25 PM

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS-K2dv0qtOi9Xs9xxFZC36CCXJIcQSu77fmoB_5TjWgvfSKHWKBs 8vATyd

Morningstar
10-13-2012, 11:30 PM
The shit people believe...

roadmaster
10-14-2012, 01:06 AM

Look into it and make up your own mind. He is the accuser and the deceiver and loves division. They seek to pervert people in their territories and turn them against God. The main sin he brought with him is doubt, pride, and rebellion.Demons are a force behind false religions, idolatry, magic and witchcraft.

So I guess you never see him at work.

Ivan88
10-15-2012, 01:56 AM

That is correct. There is no Satan out side of the human ego.
http://mysite.verizon.net/ress8ouv/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/AdamyEvebyhansBaldungGrien_detail.JPG

head of joaquin
10-15-2012, 01:42 PM

This defines a typical conservative.

But in fact the essence of those who reject the gospel is greed, according to the New Testament:

1 Corinthians 6:10 (http://thepoliticalforums.com/bible/RSV/1 Corinthians-6?highlight_verse=10#10) nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor robbers will inherit the kingdom of God.

Ephesians 4:19 (http://thepoliticalforums.com/bible/RSV/Ephesians-4?highlight_verse=19#19) they have become callous and have given themselves up to licentiousness, greedy to practice every kind of uncleanness.

1 Timothy 3:8 (http://thepoliticalforums.com/bible/RSV/1 Timothy-3?highlight_verse=8#8) Deacons likewise must be serious, not double-tongued, not addicted to much wine, not greedy for gain;

2 Peter 2:3 (http://thepoliticalforums.com/bible/RSV/2 Peter-2?highlight_verse=3#3) And in their greed they will exploit you with false words; from of old their condemnation has not been idle, and their destruction has not been asleep.

2 Peter 2:14 (http://thepoliticalforums.com/bible/RSV/2 Peter-2?highlight_verse=14#14) They have eyes full of adultery, insatiable for sin. They entice unsteady souls. They have hearts trained in greed. Accursed children!

Sounds like Bain Capital.

roadmaster
10-15-2012, 02:06 PM
Greed is not good if you are well off or poor. Money and material things can be taken away within seconds.

head of joaquin
10-15-2012, 02:58 PM
Greed is not good if you are well off or poor. Money and material things can be taken away within seconds.

But rich people are greedy by definitionand have rejected God, since they store up their treasure, even though Jesus tells them not to.

Luke 12:21 (http://thepoliticalforums.com/bible/RSV/Luke-12?highlight_verse=21#21) So is he who lays up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God."

James says the wealth of the rich will condemn them at the judgment.

James 5:3 (http://thepoliticalforums.com/bible/RSV/James-5?highlight_verse=3#3) Your gold and silver have rusted, and their rust will be evidence against you and will eat your flesh like fire. You have laid up treasure for the last days.

Mister D
10-15-2012, 03:08 PM
But rich people are greedy by definitionand have rejected God, since they store up their treasure, even though Jesus tells them not to.

Luke 12:21 (http://thepoliticalforums.com/bible/RSV/Luke-12?highlight_verse=21#21) So is he who lays up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God."

James says the wealth of the rich will condemn them at the judgment.

James 5:3 (http://thepoliticalforums.com/bible/RSV/James-5?highlight_verse=3#3) Your gold and silver have rusted, and their rust will be evidence against you and will eat your flesh like fire. You have laid up treasure for the last days.

We've seen how little regard Joaquin has for context when we discussed James. Now he displays his contempt for context again.

15 And he said unto them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness (http://thepoliticalforums.com/dictionary/covetousness.html): for a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth.
16 And he spake a parable (http://thepoliticalforums.com/dictionary/parable.html) unto them, saying, The ground of a certain rich man brought forth plentifully:
17 And he thought within himself, saying, What shall I do, because I have no room where to bestow my fruits?
18 And he said, This will I do: I will pull down my barns (http://thepoliticalforums.com/dictionary/barn.html), and build greater; and there will I bestow all my fruits and my goods.
19 And I will say to my soul, Soul, thou hast much goods laid up for many years; take thine ease, eat, drink, and be merry.
20 But God (http://thepoliticalforums.com/dictionary/god.html) said unto him, Thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee (http://thepoliticalforums.com/dictionary/thee.html): then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided?
21 So is he that layeth up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God (http://thepoliticalforums.com/dictionary/god.html).

roadmaster
10-15-2012, 03:08 PM
A good man leaveth an inheritance to his children's children: and the wealth of the sinner is laid up for the just.

To understand Him is to know Him.

Morningstar
10-15-2012, 04:08 PM
A good man leaveth an inheritance to his children's children: and the wealth of the sinner is laid up for the just.

That's a Jewish quote, has nothing to do with Christianity.

Christianity is a discipline. Poverty is one of the requirements.

head of joaquin
10-15-2012, 04:53 PM
We've seen how little regard Joaquin has for context when we discussed James. Now he displays his contempt for context again.

15 And he said unto them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness (http://thepoliticalforums.com/dictionary/covetousness.html): for a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth.
16 And he spake a parable (http://thepoliticalforums.com/dictionary/parable.html) unto them, saying, The ground of a certain rich man brought forth plentifully:
17 And he thought within himself, saying, What shall I do, because I have no room where to bestow my fruits?
18 And he said, This will I do: I will pull down my barns (http://thepoliticalforums.com/dictionary/barn.html), and build greater; and there will I bestow all my fruits and my goods.
19 And I will say to my soul, Soul, thou hast much goods laid up for many years; take thine ease, eat, drink, and be merry.
20 But God (http://thepoliticalforums.com/dictionary/god.html) said unto him, Thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee (http://thepoliticalforums.com/dictionary/thee.html): then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided?
21 So is he that layeth up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God (http://thepoliticalforums.com/dictionary/god.html).

Poor Mister D, he's arguing against himself.

Yep, if you store up treasure, you've rejected God. That's what Jesus said. Now, who stores up treasure?

We have a word for that. It's called the rich.

Look at the fundies gloss and spin the word of God!

head of joaquin
10-15-2012, 04:54 PM

To understand Him is to know Him.

So you keep the Law? Is that your weirdo version of Christianity?

Poor fundies, so confused, so easy to befuddle.

Mister D
10-16-2012, 11:12 AM
Poor Mister D, he's arguing against himself.

Yep, if you store up treasure, you've rejected God. That's what Jesus said. Now, who stores up treasure?

We have a word for that. It's called the rich.

Look at the fundies gloss and spin the word of God!

That's not at all what that parable is about. The rich man in this parable is trusting in his riches and ignoring what is truly important (i.e. his relationship with God).

Get it now? You don't have ultimate control over your life and whe death comes of what use will your wealth be? Your pastor is not doing his job.

GrumpyDog
10-21-2012, 08:47 PM
http://pennelopie.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/adamandevebodyart-2.jpg

Me thinks it was more than just the apple that got Adam into trouble.

GrassrootsConservative
10-21-2012, 08:49 PM
http://pennelopie.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/adamandevebodyart-2.jpg

Me thinks it was more than just the apple that got Adam into trouble.

Yes, anyone who listens to an imaginary God, Satan, Allah, Buddha, or other mythical "deity" is going to run into trouble.

Mister D
10-22-2012, 08:05 AM
Yes, anyone who listens to an imaginary God, Satan, Allah, Buddha, or other mythical "deity" is going to run into trouble.

You're much better off listening to Rush Limbaugh. :grin:

GrassrootsConservative
10-22-2012, 05:49 PM
You're much better off listening to Rush Limbaugh. :grin:

Very much agreed. I believe listening to Rush Limbaugh for even just an hour on the weekdays would make anyone a better person. I listen to him every time he's on the radio for the full time, and it's benefited my mood, intelligence, and overall way of life.

Ivan88
10-24-2012, 09:48 PM
Back to "Characteristics of a People Chosen by Satan":

Since there is no satan outside of the human ego, it is more accurate to say, "Characterisitics of people who chose to be satans."