PDA

View Full Version : So Conley...

Mister D
09-13-2011, 12:45 PM
Let's explore youir home defense options. I guess I should ask what you are interested in? Handuns? Shotguns? Not sure what the limits are in CA.

Conley
09-13-2011, 12:51 PM
All or any of the above. Ideally it would be something easy to store close by the bed and hard to miss with. A shotgun would be nice but I wouldn't want to spray loved ones. If I lived alone I'd probably go with that. Also I need to be able to secure it in the event someone breaks in while I'm not home.

Mister D
09-13-2011, 01:12 PM
All or any of the above. Ideally it would be something easy to store close by the bed and hard to miss with. A shotgun would be nice but I wouldn't want to spray loved ones. If I lived alone I'd probably go with that. Also I need to be able to secure it in the event someone breaks in while I'm not home.

Since you have as much experience as I did when I first looked to purchase a weapon I'd go with the shotgun. It's easy to get use to and it doesn't take precision aiming. A pistol does. I'm not good with a pistol at all and they take real practice. I take my shotguns out to the range every 4-5 months just to retain familiarity with them. A pistol will requite greater effort.

Remember that double defense I showed you? That would be a nice choice. The whole thing is probably around 3 feet long. Super easy to assemble, disassemable, and clean. More importantly, it's easy to use. Point and shoot. 8)

Mister D
09-13-2011, 01:12 PM
Grumpy would be able to provide better overall advice.

Conley
09-13-2011, 01:15 PM

Since you have as much experience as I did when I first looked to purchase a weapon I'd go with the shotgun. It's easy to get use to and it doesn't take precision aiming. A pistol does. I'm not good with a pistol at all and they take real practice. I take my shotguns out to the range every 4-5 months just to retain familiarity with them. A pistol will requite greater effort.

Remember that double defense I showed you? That would be a nice choice. The whole thing is probably around 3 feet long. Super easy to assemble, disassemable, and clean. More importantly, it's easy to use. Point and shoot. 8)

All great points, I just need to be able to secure it.

Mister D
09-13-2011, 01:39 PM

All great points, I just need to be able to secure it.

You shouldn't have any problems and like I said, it's a one time thing.

Conley
09-13-2011, 01:54 PM
Stoeger Double Defense Shotgun (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNvRzu2fVE8#ws)

Mister D
09-13-2011, 02:02 PM

THAT'S HIM! :o 8)

Load that up with 000 buckshot and use the OL as a human shield. No one best break into the Conley residence! >:(

Conley
09-13-2011, 02:09 PM

Load that up with 000 buckshot and use the OL as a human shield. No one best break into the Conley residence! >:(

:D :D :D

I am gonna have to start logging out when I get off the computer or the OL is gonna get seriously pizzt!

Mister D
09-13-2011, 02:10 PM

:D :D :D

I am gonna have to start logging out when I get off the computer or the OL is gonna get seriously pizzt!

;D Just kidding Mrs. Conley.

Conley
09-13-2011, 02:13 PM
But now how do I lock that beast up in such a way that a burglar can't get to it? A trigger lock?

Mister D
09-13-2011, 02:17 PM
But now how do I lock that beast up in such a way that a burglar can't get to it? A trigger lock?

When you aren't home get yourself a small safe. That is a very small weapon. Remember, you can take that apart in 10 seconds. Disassembled the biggest piece (the barrel) is 20". That's less than two feet. You could also get a trigger lock. It's also a good idea to store the ammo in a separate spot. You could lock that up somewhere else. Do you have a strong box? Throw your shells in there.