PDA

View Full Version : Jobs plan wil be paid for by ending tax breaks for Oil, Gas, and more

Pendragon
09-13-2011, 04:07 PM
Obama will pay for his $447 billion jobs plan by ending a series of tax breaks for oil and gas companies, hedge-fund managers and people making more than $200000

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424053111904353504576566802250477510.html?p rint

The prospects for President Barack Obama's $447 billion jobs plan grew dimmer Monday as he unveiled the fine print of how it would be paid for—primarily through tax increases that Republicans said would destroy jobs, not create them.

Mr. Obama proposed limiting itemized deductions for families with taxable income of $250,000 or more a year, ending tax breaks for oil companies and corporate jet owners, and cutting out a tax break for investment-fund managers. The White House says the tax changes would take effect in 2013 and estimates they would raise $467 billion in additional revenue over 10 years.

Enlarge Image
0912obama
Close
0912obama
Reuters

President Obama holds a copy of the 'American Jobs Act' he will send up to Congress for passage while standing next to Vice President Biden in the Rose Garden Monday.
Journal Community

Republicans in Congress, who had been striking a more conciliatory tone about backing at least parts of the proposal the president unveiled last Thursday, disputed the White House contention that the plan would cause no additional job losses for the struggling economy.

This is why Obama is a true champion of the people and the Republican know-nothings care only for the wealthy! Open your eyes America, your hero has arrived!

Conley
09-13-2011, 04:23 PM
Raising taxes alone isn't going to fix the deficit. I agree more revenue is needed, but ONLY if we cut spending as well. This is what Obama doesn't seem to get. If it were ordered that increased revenue would go toward paying down the debt and not into some bs bridge to nowhere or funding ACORN or whatever then I would be more likely to support it. Government needs to be accountable for the money they spend and how they spend it.

MMC
09-13-2011, 07:39 PM
How does building new Schools create jobs.....how does giving money for Police Fire and Emergency responders fall onto the Federal government? these are jobs which should be provided for by the states. According to the states they are laying these types off. So recieving money to keep the same people working is not creating jobs.

Schools and the remodeling of and or building of are also the States responsibility. Hiring more teachers when teachers are being layed off. This does not create jobs.

I have no problem with Big Corporations paying more taxes. Giving Tax breaks is one thing. But then wanting 10 billion to create an infrastructure bank? For the Fed, thats just crazy. This will not create jobs.

Guess you can take the Big H of his chest...... >:D

Conley
09-14-2011, 08:27 AM
God help the states if they are depending on Federal money to pay for those firefighters and police officers.

What happens next year when there are no more Federal dollars? All those new hires get kicked right back to the curb.

The Federal gov't shouldn't mess with state and local.

wingrider
09-14-2011, 08:36 AM
here is another angle on this so called jobs bill.

it would seem that these so called jobs are aimed at unions, whether they are in the private sector or in government sector doesn't matter the fact is it will be unions that get these made up jobs. Now unions only comprise about 10 percent of the work force..that means that 90 percent of workers will not even be considered for any of these so called jobs..if our " hero" really wanted to turn this economy around then 90 percent of that stimulus should go to private sector jobs and non union.. all this will accomplish is another failed attempt to shore up unions, police and teachers..

MMC
09-14-2011, 08:43 AM
here is another angle on this so called jobs bill.

it would seem that these so called jobs are aimed at unions, whether they are in the private sector or in government sector doesn't matter the fact is it will be unions that get these made up jobs. Now unions only comprise about 10 percent of the work force..that means that 90 percent of workers will not even be considered for any of these so called jobs..if our " hero" really wanted to turn this economy around then 90 percent of that stimulus should go to private sector jobs and non union.. all this will accomplish is another failed attempt to shore up unions, police and teachers..

Exactly Lo.....All this money looks like it is going to those Unions and Union thugs for Campaign purposes. Especially with the way things are looking now for this President.

Conley
09-14-2011, 08:45 AM
and they still aren't going to vote for him :D

wingrider
09-14-2011, 08:49 AM

yeah I read a piece by Trumka the other day that he is pissed at the way Obama is handling things.. seems he wants more from the feds than theyare willing to give. If I can find the piece again I will post it.

MMC
09-14-2011, 08:51 AM

yeah I read a piece by Trumka the other day that he is pissed at the way Obama is handling things.. seems he wants more from the feds than theyare willing to give. If I can find the piece again I will post it.

I have it up in a thread Lo.....plus the video where Trumka says Obama made a strategic mistake.

wingrider
09-14-2011, 08:55 AM

I have it up in a thread Lo.....plus the video where Trumka says Obama made a strategic mistake.

ok .. I knew I had seen it somewhere.. LOL.. thanks buddy

MMC
09-14-2011, 09:07 AM

ok .. I knew I had seen it somewhere.. LOL.. thanks buddy

NP.....I have been bitching about most of this Bill the President wants passed. This is nothing more than him catering to the Unions and trying to involve the Fed into the states buisness and finances. Then to top it off.....we already heard him say he would take it to the four Corners of the Country.

Looks like with what the Dems are doing to Unions in NY CHICAGO California and Michigan. That they need to wake up and not throw all that money blindly to him. Once again playing to the Special Interests that he said he would run out of Washington.

wingrider
09-14-2011, 09:21 AM
yeah MMC ... and you are preaching to the chior here my friend .. and by Obama saying he will take this to the american people is politispeak for Campaign mode

MMC
09-14-2011, 09:49 AM
yeah MMC ... and you are preaching to the chior here my friend .. and by Obama saying he will take this to the american people is politispeak for Campaign mode

wicked necromongers: dame Vaako / Richard B Riddick / lord Vaako (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFQ4l9fUxEM#)

Exactly.....and we all know what to expect from Lord Marshall on Campaign. >:D

wingrider
09-14-2011, 10:44 AM

wicked necromongers: dame Vaako / Richard B Riddick / lord Vaako (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFQ4l9fUxEM#)

yep main talking point is one of these points

it is Bushes fault
it is the repubicans fault
I inhereted this
we need to stop the rhetoric and pass this bill

MMC
09-14-2011, 03:28 PM

it is Bushes fault
I inhereted this

I was thinking.....I got Bin laden. I got the ledbetter bill passed. I got 2 stimulus Bills Passed. I helped our allies and I got HCR passed. Then Its the Republicans Fault. Then the Tea Party's Fault, and lets not forget I inherited these devastating problems that brought us to the brink of that cliff.

Conley
09-14-2011, 04:27 PM

it is Bushes fault
I inhereted this

I was thinking.....I got Bin laden. I got the ledbetter bill passed. I got 2 stimulus Bills Passed. I helped our allies and I got HCR passed. Then Its the Republicans Fault. Then the Tea Party's Fault, and lets not forget I inherited these devastating problems that brought us to the brink of that cliff.

He did inherit problems, I agree with him there, but he has made the problems worse as far as I am concerned. By now he has made his own bed and now must lie in it.