PDA

View Full Version : Nearly 1 in 6 Americans in Poverty, Census Says Read more on Newsmax.com: Nearl

freecell
09-13-2011, 10:03 PM
http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Census-PoorandUninsured/2011/09/13/id/410861

Knew it was bad but not this bad. :o

MMC
09-14-2011, 04:10 AM
http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Census-PoorandUninsured/2011/09/13/id/410861

Knew it was bad but not this bad. :o

Yep.....I saw that article FC. I thought about putting it up but then I saw the numbers on how it is affecting black males. So I went with that one. You should check it out. Both D and I were commenting on how that one would have started up a shit storm at PH. :)

Mister D
09-14-2011, 07:31 AM
If you keep importing poor people this number will continue to rise.

MMC
09-14-2011, 08:56 AM
If you keep importing poor people this number will continue to rise.

I think the number would be higher D.....if they were adding those statistics from the black population and the young males no matter what their race is.

wingrider
09-14-2011, 08:58 AM
the stats I seen showed blacks at 27.3 percent and Hispanics at 26.4 percent.

MMC
09-14-2011, 09:02 AM

Yep Lo.....that is correct plus they were stating that due to Technology that such affects all Young males. As jobs have been lost do to that technology. So again, to me they are purposely tanking those numbers as to make it seem the problem is no more prevalent.

Mister D
09-14-2011, 09:22 AM

And whites at 9.9. Must be racism. ::)

MMC
09-14-2011, 09:39 AM

Well you should know the Media did point out that White people can't dance and White Men Can't Jump. :D ;D

Mister D
09-14-2011, 09:46 AM

Well you should know the Media did point out that White people can't dance and White Men Can't Jump. :D ;D

But when it's pointed out that black men can't read we all get blamed for it. I don't blame black people for my lack of rhythm on . ;D

MMC
09-14-2011, 09:59 AM

But when it's pointed out that black men can't read we all get blamed for it. I don't blame black people for my lack of rhythm on . ;D

Seems most of the ones I know.....admitted they can read all the Restaurant Signs. Plus those green back-bills. Then told me once you white people can learn to speak jive. They might be interested in reading what the White man has to say. :D ;D

I naturally had to check him.....showing him my dark complection. Then asking him, who you callin white? >:D :-* :D

waltky
10-24-2012, 11:41 PM
Granny says is `cause o' all dem rich folks dat's outsourcin' American jobs an' not payin' their fair share o' taxes...
:angry:
Poverty winning in 'war on poverty'
October 24, 2012 — Republican vice presidential nominee Paul Ryan said Wednesday that, "in this war on poverty, poverty is winning" and he called for a retooled approach to help the 46 million people who are living in it.

In a speech in politically crucial Ohio, Ryan said he and running mate Mitt Romney would work to help the one in six Americans in poverty climb into the middle class and help keep those already in the middle class on solid financial footing. But he offered no specific or new policy proposals for how they would achieve that. "In this war on poverty, poverty is winning. We deserve better. We deserve a clear choice for a brighter future," said Ryan, a congressman from Wisconsin who also is chairman of the House Budget Committee. "Many of those living in poverty today were in the middle class just a few years ago. We can help them regain the ground they've lost," he added.

Yet Ryan criticized existing anti-poverty programs for spending too much with too few results. "Just last year, total federal and state spending on means-tested programs came in at more than one trillion dollars. How much is that in practical terms? For that amount of money, you could give every poor American a check for $22,000," he said. "Instead, we spend all that money attempting to fight poverty through government programs." "And what do we have to show for it?"

A spokesman for President Barack Obama, Danny Kanner, said Ryan's speech "existed in an alternate universe. Unfortunately for Mitt Romney, no matter how they couch it, their agenda is extreme." Kanner added that, "The American people understand that Mitt Romney would take us back, and no change in rhetoric in the campaign's final weeks can change that."

In his speech at Cleveland State University, Ryan said success can't be counted in dollars and cents. "In most of these programs, especially in recent years, we're still trying to measure compassion by how much government spends, not by how many people we help escape from poverty," Ryan said. The answer, he said, is education. "Sending your child to a great school should not be a privilege of the well-to-do," Ryan said. "Mitt Romney and I believe that choice should be available to every parent in our country, wherever they live."

More http://cnsnews.com/news/article/ryan-poverty-winning-war-poverty

See also:

70% Say They're Better Off Than They Were 5 Years Ago--in China
October 23, 2012 - Times are tough – but not so bad in China.

“While the global financial crisis has taken a serious toll in many nations over the last few years, most Chinese report continued economic progress,” says the Pew Research Center’s Global Attitudes Project. “Indeed, 70% say they are better off financially than they were five years ago.” The Pew survey, based on interviews with 3,177 Chinese adults, was conducted between March 18 and April 15, and the findings were released on Oct. 16. “Additionally,” the survey found, “a remarkable 92% of Chinese say their standard of living is better than their parents’ at a similar age.”

The survey also found that roughly three-in-four residents of the Communist country agree that most people are better off in a free-market economy. Chinese attitudes towards America also have changed, with positive views of President Barack Obama and the nation as a whole declining. “The Chinese public increasingly expresses reservations about relations with the United States,” Pew said. “Over the last two years, ratings for the U.S. and President Obama have declined significantly.”

Pew found that the percentage of Chinese who characterize their country’s relationship with the U.S. as one of cooperation has “plummeted” nearly 30 points since 2010, from 68 percent to 39 percent. “Still, many Chinese embrace aspects of America’s soft power, including U.S. science and technology and American ideas about democracy,” the survey said.

More www.cnsnews.com/news/article/70-say-theyre-better-they-were-5-years-ago-china

patrickt
10-25-2012, 06:56 AM
Only 5 out of 6 to go for success for President Obama's agenda.