PDA

View Full Version : GOP WINS NY 9th CONGRESSIONAL District Seat

MMC
09-14-2011, 04:46 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/gop-wins-ny-house-race-seen-obama-rebuke-035631942.html
AP – 4 hrs ago.....

NEW YORK (AP) — Republicans have scored an upset victory in a House race that started as a contest to replace Rep. Anthony Weiner after he resigned in a sexting scandal but became a referendum on President Barack Obama's economic policies.
With more than 80 percent of precincts reporting, Turner had 54 percent of the vote to Weprin's 46 percent in unofficial results.

"We've been asked by the people of this district to send a message to Washington," Turner told supporters after the landmark win. "I hope they hear it loud and clear. We've been told this is a referendum. Mr. President, we are on the wrong track. We have had it with an irresponsible fiscal policy which endangers the entire economy."

The race was supposed to be an easy win for Democrats, who have a 3-1 ratio registration advantage in the district.

Weprin, a 56-year-old Orthodox Jew and member of a prominent Queens political family, seemed a good fit for the largely white, working-class district, which is nearly 40 percent Jewish.
The race was supposed to be an easy win for Democrats, who have a 3-1 ratio registration advantage in the district.

But voter frustration with Obama put Weprin in the unlikely spot of playing defense. A Siena Poll released Friday found just 43 percent of likely voters approved of the president's job performance, while 54 percent said they disapproved. Among independents, just 29 percent said they approved of Obama's job performance.....snip~

OH NO.....Say it isn't so! Not since 1923 has a Republican won this Congressional Seat in NY. Obama has serious Troubles coming with this election. :o

Pen, Elibe, HR,.....what happened here? Uhm, what was that about Obama being a Hero. Champion of the People. ::)

A district that is 40% Brew.....Israeli Americans are speaking out. This will mean trouble for Obama in Florida. This will take money from Obama that he was expecting. This is a slap in this President's Face. As well as the Democrats. Look at all they did to try and change the out come of this election. From Obama himself coming to visit to Bill Clinton Ads. Money and the DNC Big Shots could not Change the Heartbeat of America. Not even in their own Protected Turf! >:D

Thinking that Democrats had their hands on the pulse of America and would do the right thing. Not even on your best day. Only thing they got their hands on is everybody else's money. Now they are upset because they have been busted out for flaunting it. Spend, spend, spend. Then the proverbial ooopps....."what" I got to pay for that. Rears it's head and gives that dose of reality. :D ;)

Mister D
09-14-2011, 07:35 AM
Wow! :o That doesn't bode well for 2012.

I think you're right. Thsi will mean trouble for BO in Florida.

Conley
09-14-2011, 08:11 AM
54 - 46 :o

That's not even close...O is in big big trouble now. Dems would be wise to cut bait and run Hillary, but it won't happen and wouldn't work. I think she'd get more votes than him at this point.

MMC
09-14-2011, 08:49 AM
Wow! :o That doesn't bode well for 2012.

I think you're right. Thsi will mean trouble for BO in Florida.

Lookin that way D.....Plus I can tell you now Obama will not take Indiana like he did the first time round. This is Devastating to the Democrats. Plus they have 8-9 Senators that are not seeking re-election.

Here Obama was just explaining how everything is the Republicans fault and why Tea party values are not the way to go for this country. Notice only 29 % of Independants thought he was doing a good job. 29% of the group that he needs to take like 70% from.

Mister D
09-14-2011, 09:34 AM
He certainly looks to be in some serious trouble.

wingrider
09-14-2011, 12:07 PM
Even before the polls closed, the recriminations — something short of panic, and considerably more than mere grumbling — had begun. On a high-level campaign conference call Tuesday afternoon, Democratic donors and strategists commiserated over their disappointment in Obama. A source on the call described the mood as “awful.”

“People feel betrayed, disappointed, furious, disgusted, hopeless,” said the source.

http://news.yahoo.com/twin-defeats-spark-democratic-fears-095700782.html

you can bet the spin on this loss is going to be the stuff that dreams are made of

Mister D
09-14-2011, 12:11 PM
Even before the polls closed, the recriminations — something short of panic, and considerably more than mere grumbling — had begun. On a high-level campaign conference call Tuesday afternoon, Democratic donors and strategists commiserated over their disappointment in Obama. A source on the call described the mood as “awful.”

“People feel betrayed, disappointed, furious, disgusted, hopeless,” said the source.

you can bet the spin on this loss is going to be the stuff that dreams are made of

:D I can only laugh at these people. Hope and change? really? You mean to tell me speeches don't govern a country?! Ya don't say!?

MMC
09-14-2011, 03:17 PM

I am glad you said something I will put on MSDNC and see what the Heart of the DNC is saying. Course once I know I will be able to hit them up and bring it straight way back to you bro. ;)

MMC
09-14-2011, 05:25 PM
Heya Lo.....you were right. First Matthews of Hardball, then Sharptones. The lineup will follow with the same mode. CNN is quite different tho. They were talking about Wolf Blitzer and his debate.

Conley
09-14-2011, 06:53 PM
Heya Lo.....you were right. First Matthews of Hardball, then Sharptones. The lineup will follow with the same mode. CNN is quite different tho. They were talking about Wolf Blitzer and his debate.

So am I reading this wrong or does Al Sharpton have a show on MSNBC? I never watch the channel but if that is the case...wow. Who on earth would watch that blowhard?

Juggernaut
09-14-2011, 07:14 PM
It wasn't a referendum on Weiner, it was Obama and dems in general. Brooklyn has always been a strong blue collar white collar mix. They've awakened to the troubles of Obamacare, dem idiocy and many of these people are sympathetic towards tea party ideals. New York state may turn red when Gov Cuomo loses in 2014....already bigtime unpopular with unions, anti gay and with no change in taxes.

Yes Sharptongue has a show at 6pm, it pales in comparison to other 6pm cable news shows. PMSNBC is becoming more of an activist channel in the evenings. Hard news in the morning and the channel devolves after 4pm.

Mister D
09-14-2011, 08:49 PM
It wasn't a referendum on Weiner, it was Obama and dems in general. Brooklyn has always been a strong blue collar white collar mix. They've awakened to the troubles of Obamacare, dem idiocy and many of these people are sympathetic towards tea party ideals. New York state may turn red when Gov Cuomo loses in 2014....already bigtime unpopular with unions, anti gay and with no change in taxes.

Yes Sharptongue has a show at 6pm, it pales in comparison to other 6pm cable news shows. PMSNBC is becoming more of an activist channel in the evenings. Hard news in the morning and the channel devolves after 4pm.

Rev Al is on MSNBC now? He has his own show?

wingrider
09-14-2011, 11:11 PM

Rev Al is on MSNBC now? He has his own show?

yes he is on opposite Oriely at 6:00.. now who was the idiot that programed that slot? oriely is the MOST WATCHED show on cable in that time slot.

oh wait.. we are talking msnbc.... no problem

MMC
09-15-2011, 12:53 AM
Yeah and Lou Dobbs is back on now at 6 pm on the Fox Buisness Channel. Sharptones is now a Host for MSDNC. Same time.

Technically we have a TV that runs 24/7.....with each Major Cable News Channel.

Catholic District.....against same sex marriage. Also 40% Brew. They do not like the way Israel is being treated. Moreover they are not happy that Obama has allowed the Palestinians to make their Political Gambit with a PR move with the UN. Of Course the settlement issue is something that sticks in everybody's crawl.

This is another mistake by the Obama Administration.....as they have engaged to try and prevent what they cannot stop. They should have left the issue alone if anything. There is nothing they nor anyone else can do to stop the Palestinians from seeking Statehood. Instead they should have put pressure on the Palestinians to come to the table with talks. Instead they were looking elsewheres.

wingrider
09-15-2011, 01:08 AM
do what you want ..

I stand with Isreal

MMC
09-15-2011, 01:31 AM
do what you want ..

I stand with Isreal

I stand with Israel but to a point. US Sovereignty comes first! IMO the only two groups of people standing up to the Sunni are the Hebrews and whats left of the those descended from the original Syrians.

Well there was the Berbers in Libya.....looks like the Sunni were able to take care of them thru the EU and our resources.

Mister D
09-15-2011, 07:39 AM
Not to keep harping on this but what were the people at MSNBC thinking?

MMC
09-15-2011, 07:56 AM

Whatcha mean D.....and good morning my brother. What you mean by MSDNC and what they were thinking? Did you manage to hear any of their broadcast yesterday. I think they gave this like a 15 sec blip and then it was on refering to Repubs as part of the Planet of the Apes. With Matthews bringing up Creationism. Then he went after Ron Paul on some medical issue. they put footage about asking Paul concerning a someone in a coma. Paul responded and then Matthews cut the footage. So all could not get what paul was saying. But then when they asked Paul should he be allowed to die. Thats where the spiel came in and Matthews pounced saying the Apes actually believe this stuff.

They definately played the loss as minor and trivial. Not so From CNN, and most others.

Mister D
09-15-2011, 07:58 AM

Whatcha mean D.....and good morning my brother. What you mean by MSDNC and what they were thinking? Did you manage to hear any of their broadcast yesterday. I think they gave this like a 15 sec blip and then it was on refering to Repubs as part of the Planet of the Apes. With Matthews bringing up Creationism. Then he went after Ron Paul on some medical issue. they put footage about asking Paul concerning a someone in a coma. Paul responded and then Matthews cut the footage. So all could not get what paul was saying. But then when they asked Paul should he be allowed to die. Thats where the spiel came in and Matthews pounced saying the Apes actually believe this stuff.

They definately played the loss as minor and trivial. Not so From CNN, and most others.

I mean about giving Sharpton a show. Who is going to watch that?

Mister D
09-15-2011, 08:00 AM
Matthews is trying desperately to be Bill O'Reilly but he grossly exaggerates O'Reilly's behavior. He became a caricature of O'Reilly.

MMC
09-15-2011, 08:18 AM

To me they seem desperate going with the like of Sharptones, Schultz and Maddow. The whole channel has become nothing but partisan and activist hacks. With the same usual guests.

I watched Lawerence ODonell go after Marsha Blackburn and started bringing up shit like she voted for even before Bush. Just to make her look bad. But then there is the one Chick from the Hill ODonell sure didnt want her to take him on. You know the one She is the Step daughter of the ABC televison Mogul. E.B Stoddard.

Mister D
09-15-2011, 08:24 AM

To me they seem desperate going with the like of Sharptones, Schultz and Maddow. The whole channel has become nothing but partisan and activist hacks. With the same usual guests.

I watched Lawerence ODonell go after Marsha Blackburn and started bringing up shit like she voted for even before Bush. Just to make her look bad. But then there is the one Chick from the Hill ODonell sure didnt want her to take him on. You know the one She is the Step daughter of the ABC televison Mogul. E.B Stoddard.

Agreed. That's kind of what I was getting at with Matthews. He is trying to imitate Fox but he exaggerates the behavior of Fox's primetime hosts.

MMC
09-15-2011, 08:43 AM

Agreed. That's kind of what I was getting at with Matthews. He is trying to imitate Fox but he exaggerates the behavior of Fox's primetime hosts.

Not to mention who is attempting to put up dividers.....seems to me it is the left. Tho Matthews one guest I cant think of her name she said Obama doesnt or won't have to worry about a primary challenger like Carter did.