PDA

View Full Version : Now It’s Beatin’, Riotin’ & ‘Rithmetic

Mister D
09-14-2011, 10:34 AM
I didn't realize there were Manhattan schols that were this bad.

City schools considered “persistently dangerous”

* Aspire, Bronx

* Soundview Academy for Culture and Scholarship, Bronx

* PS 11 Highbridge, Bronx

* IS 190, Bronx

* Middle School for Academic and Social Excellence, Brooklyn

* PS 12, Brooklyn

* PS 194 Countee Cullen, Manhattan

* JHS 13 Jackie Robinson, Manhattan

* MS 332 University Neighborhood, Manhattan.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/bronx/now_it_beatin_riotin_rithmetic_S1vHIynEwQl9MLCdnpi O2K

Conley
09-14-2011, 02:37 PM
For a spot on the list, schools rack up six or more “serious incidents” for each 100 pupils two years in a row.

Under the No Child Left Behind Act, parents can seek to transfer their kids.

Aspire Prep, which has 554 students, tallied 88 “violent and disruptive” incidents in 2009-10, including 10 sex crimes, a robbery, 21 assaults and 38 “minor altercations.’’ State education officials have not yet posted last year’s data.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/bronx/now_it_beatin_riotin_rithmetic_S1vHIynEwQl9MLCdnpi O2K#ixzz1XxPkNIqO

That's awful. No way would my kid go there.

Mister D
09-14-2011, 03:00 PM
For a spot on the list, schools rack up six or more “serious incidents” for each 100 pupils two years in a row.

Under the No Child Left Behind Act, parents can seek to transfer their kids.

Aspire Prep, which has 554 students, tallied 88 “violent and disruptive” incidents in 2009-10, including 10 sex crimes, a robbery, 21 assaults and 38 “minor altercations.’’ State education officials have not yet posted last year’s data.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/bronx/now_it_beatin_riotin_rithmetic_S1vHIynEwQl9MLCdnpi O2K#ixzz1XxPkNIqO

That's awful. No way would my kid go there.

I hope they don't mean what I think they do by "sex crime". No way my kids would go there either.

Conley
09-14-2011, 03:02 PM
Yeah...by whatever definition it is too much. Hopefully just flashing, though I doubt it.

Mister D
09-14-2011, 03:04 PM
Yeah...by whatever definition it is too much. Hopefully just flashing, though I doubt it.

You would have to be a parent who just didn;t care that much if you send your kid to a "school" that has annual "sex crimes". WTF.

MMC
09-14-2011, 04:29 PM
I know this is bad. But is that all? So that is all based by reports. The numbers are probably double. Plus it doesnt say anything about gangs.

Do NJ kids when they go to school have to go thru metal detectors. Pass by drug sniffing dogs etc etc. You know locker shakedowns and pat-downs.

Conley
09-14-2011, 04:30 PM
I know this is bad. But is that all? So that is all based by reports. The numbers are probably double. Plus it doesnt say anything about gangs.

Do NJ kids when they go to school have to go thru metal detectors. Pass by drug sniffing dogs etc etc. You know locker shakedowns and pat-downs.

You're right about the report vs. the actual.

I think the metal detectors are in most big cities now.

MMC
09-14-2011, 04:37 PM
Yeah there is a lot more to. Wearing of Uniforms. No Pro Jerseys Coats and hoodies. No gang shit. Hats, scarfs, jewelry, backpacks etc etc. Almost all those schools are in neighborhoods that are like that.

wingrider
09-15-2011, 01:00 AM
The Principal - "You're Expelled!" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9ps--2lySY#)

kind of like this school?

MMC
09-15-2011, 06:03 AM
The Principal - "You're Expelled!" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9ps--2lySY#)

kind of like this school?

Way worse than that..... ;)

Mister D
09-15-2011, 07:38 AM

I think Newark and Camden have metal detectors. I don;t think it's all that uncommon anymore in inner cities.

MMC
09-15-2011, 08:56 AM

I think Newark and Camden have metal detectors. I don;t think it's all that uncommon anymore in inner cities.

Other schools are starting to adopt the same deal even the Uniforms. Some kids dont mind them others do.

Mister D
09-15-2011, 09:13 AM

Other schools are starting to adopt the same deal even the Uniforms. Some kids dont mind them others do.

Too bad for ones that mind. ::)

MMC
09-15-2011, 09:24 AM

Too bad for ones that mind. ::)

My kids were like they would rather see uniforms get messed up rather than their clothes..... :D ;)