PDA

View Full Version : Obama’s Quiver Is Empty

Mister D
09-14-2011, 12:41 PM
We can sense the national weariness with Obama in a variety of strange and unexpected ways. There is the self-pitying anguish of liberal columnists who scapegoat him for turning the public against their own leftwing agenda. The current silence of “moderate” Republicans and conservative op-ed writers who once in near ecstasy jumped ship to join Obama is deafening. A growing number of Democratic representatives and senators up for reelection do not want their partisan president to visit their districts in the runup to November 2012. Approval ratings hover around 40 percent.

http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/277090/obama-s-quiver-empty-victor-davis-hanson

wingrider
09-14-2011, 01:03 PM
give it 6 more months and his approval will be about 30 percent.. then watch the dems try to find a replacement for him ,, to little to late me thinks..

looks like the repub strategy is working, by Nov of 2012 our local dog catcher could beat him

Mister D
09-14-2011, 01:08 PM
give it 6 more months and his approval will be about 30 percent.. then watch the dems try to find a replacement for him ,, to little to late me thinks..

looks like the repub strategy is working, by Nov of 2012 our local dog catcher could beat him

Ah, I'm not so sure about that. The last thing the GOP needs is to become cocky. They need a reasonable good candidate. No Bob Doles or Juan McCains.

Conley
09-14-2011, 01:47 PM

Ah, I'm not so sure about that. The last thing the GOP needs is to become cocky. They need a reasonable good candidate. No Bob Doles or Juan McCains.

I don't see the Dems running someone other than Obama, but I am 99% sure if the election were today and it were Obama v. McCain or Dole the GOP ticket would win out. I really do think Perry will be it unless there is a John Edwards type bombshell.

MMC
09-14-2011, 04:17 PM
Talk is rumored to maybe get Fiengold. Especially since Clinton won't do it.

wingrider
09-14-2011, 11:21 PM

I don't see the Dems running someone other than Obama, but I am 99% sure if the election were today and it were Obama v. McCain or Dole the GOP ticket would win out. I really do think Perry will be it unless there is a John Edwards type bombshell.

I don't see it being a perry ticket,, Perry will shoot himself in the foot bfore to much longer right now he is a fresh face and an unknown quantity, he has some baggage to overcome, like his stand on children of illegals getting college funding, and that misstep with mandating children ( girls ) to get a vacinne for STDS..I think that will hurt him, unless he can spin his way out of it.

Now I don't like Romney all that much but If he hooks up with Huntsman or with gingrich he may just take the top ticket.

MMC
09-15-2011, 01:08 AM
If Dems do not want Obama to come to their Districts and this takes place he will lose some of those common man donations.
Do you think he will still top a Billion Dollars for his Campaign War Chest?

wingrider
09-15-2011, 01:10 AM
only if the middle east can somehown launder the money and get it donated

MMC
09-15-2011, 01:34 AM
only if the middle east can somehown launder the money and get it donated

Well truthfully I thought the Clintons took care of that with the Saudi's and the Sunni's. Guess your right on that. So Rove has been working overtime. Hopefully the Neo-Con can still pull the money in.