PDA

View Full Version : 'Prince of Tides' author Pat Conroy dies

PolWatch
03-05-2016, 08:44 AM
Pat Conroy was one of my favorite southern authors....his death is a real loss. The Water is Wide, Prince of Tides, Beach Music, South of Broad, Death of Santini....he lived and wrote about life in South Carolina. RIP

'Pat Conroy, the beloved author of "The Great Santini" and "The Prince of Tides" and other best-sellers who drew upon his bruising childhood and the vistas of South Carolina and became one of the country's most compelling and popular storytellers, died Friday evening. He was 70. Conroy, who announced last month that he had pancreatic cancer, died at home among family and loved ones in Beaufort, South Carolina, according to his publisher. The heavy-set author had battled other health problems in recent years, including diabetes, high blood pressure and a failing liver.
"The water is wide and he has now passed over," his wife, novelist Cassandra Conroy, said in a statement from publisher Doubleday.'

https://www.yahoo.com/news/prince-tides-author-pat-conroy-dies-70-045200715.html

sachem
03-05-2016, 09:51 AM
Sorry to hear that.

Standing Wolf
03-05-2016, 09:56 AM
I've always really liked the film version of 'The Great Santini', and hope to get around to reading the book some day. Apparently it was highly autobiographical.

PolWatch
03-05-2016, 10:10 AM
I've always really liked the film version of 'The Great Santini', and hope to get around to reading the book some day. Apparently it was highly autobiographical.

Its a great book. Conroy's father was a career Marine pilot.