PDA

View Full Version : Hello people

Cedric
09-16-2012, 08:21 AM
As I type this I have no idea if my chosen avatar will display or not. It's on my control panel page but states that the upload failed. Meh . . . if it's not one thing then it's another . . . but it's always an adventure.

My background? I spent fifteen years posting on a now defunct political forum, which went belly up almost exactly a year ago. After that I migrated to a new political forum with controls and features almost identical to this one. It's actually a bit spooky how closely the two control sets match.

Anyway after posting for two thirds of the year over there I was made a system moderator -- one of eight such selected from the regulars. After three months of doing that I was burned out on both posting and moderating. So I left and I only recently returned . . . to discover that in the interim the system owners had pulled their oversight and financial backing from their creation because they could not entice enough advertisers to the site. The moderators remaining managed to keep things running smoothly enough but now the system is so slow that half the time you find yourself falling asleep while your postings or replies are going through. Well, I've had enough. I'm interested in posting not in wondering if the post or reply will ever work its way through the system and finally appear.

So as a poster what sort of creature be I? I am a political contrarian but I am currently posting almost exclusively from the political perspective of a rightwinger for my own reasons. Once I posted almost exclusively from the political perspective of a leftwinger and may some day down the line do so again. I guess that's enough to be getting on with. Now let me post this and see if my avatar selection get's included.

Cedric
09-16-2012, 08:22 AM
Well, I am seeing my avatar posted. How about you people?

Captain Obvious
09-16-2012, 08:23 AM
Politically bisexual?

Welcome, glad you're here.

Cedric
09-16-2012, 08:27 AM
Thanks Captain [and I see that you are a moderator]. Yep I'm politically bisexual, although when I am immersed in a 'role' I believe in what I am posting. Back when G.W. Bush was president I was one of his most dedicated opponents as a poster. Now I defend ol' G.W. and post against Barack Obama.

Heh . . . currently I have no idea if I am going to continue posting as a conservative should Mitt Romney win.

Captain Obvious
09-16-2012, 08:30 AM
Feel free to wade right in. The shit was a-flowin yesterday but Sunday mornings are usually a little quiet.

Cedric
09-16-2012, 08:38 AM
Thanks . . . and I already have. As long as the system can handle the flow of postings and replies from its members, I am happy. :laugh:

Captain Obvious
09-16-2012, 08:57 AM
Unless you're running a TRS-80, you should be fine.

Cedric
09-16-2012, 09:04 AM
Hah! I can't even spell TRS-88 -- er -- TBW-88 -- er -- forget it.

Goldie Locks
09-16-2012, 09:26 AM
Welcome Cedric!!!

Cedric
09-16-2012, 09:31 AM
Hello Goldie Locks. I have enjoyed the rapid response system of The Political Forums. There's none of that interminable posting times lag of the place I just migrated from. I also like the fact that most posters here are putting a bit of thought and effort into their offerings and responses on the whole.

Trinnity
09-16-2012, 09:55 AM
Welcome, Cedric. I hope you enjoy your time here. Dig right in!

Cedric
09-16-2012, 10:32 AM
Hello Trinnity. The waters are warm and welcoming here and I'm enjoying the political discussions. :smileinbox:

Captain Obvious
09-16-2012, 10:33 AM
Hello Trinnity. The waters are warm and welcoming here and I'm enjoying the political discussions. :smileinbox:

Yeah, but we have to use that blue dye stuff because Conley likes to... well, you know.

Trinnity
09-16-2012, 10:36 AM
Hey, Cap...you weren't supposed to tell. And I'm still waiting for my Godiva truffles. <taps foot>

Cedric
09-16-2012, 10:39 AM
Yeah, but we have to use that blue dye stuff because Conley likes to... well, you know.

Heh-heh . . . :slap:

Peter1469
09-16-2012, 11:12 AM
welcome

Cedric
09-16-2012, 11:19 AM
Thanks Peter.

Conley
09-16-2012, 11:27 AM
Welcome Cedric, great to have you here...we can always use more folks who are political swingers :laugh: and not just mindless bucket carriers.

Not sure what Cap'n is talking about up there, I would never do what he's accusing me of...I will warn you to look out for his floating "tootsie rolls" though :evil: :grin:

Captain Obvious
09-16-2012, 11:33 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPxiXGr9nFM