PDA

View Full Version : MB & Salafists: Same Goals; Different Strategies

Trinnity
09-16-2012, 09:50 AM
Muslim Brotherhood and Salafists: Same Goals; Different Strategies (http://www.thecuttingedgenews.com/index.php?article=53409&pageid=&pagename=)

The two parties with the largest number of votes in Egypt have been the Muslim Brotherhood’s Freedom and Justice Party along with the Salafist al-Nour Party. Both are Islamist parties. Yet Western observers—including the Obama Administration—claim that the Muslim Brotherhood is a “moderate Islamist” group while the Salifists are radical.

There are indeed important differences between the Muslim Brotherhood and the Salafists but they are really issues of timing and tactics rather than of goals or principles. One way to think of them is as Coke traditional formula and Coke Light. The Brotherhood seeks to transform Egypt into a radical state governed by the Sharia. It is, however, more cautious—one might say, smarter—in going slowly.

This caution is rooted in the organization’s history. It began in 1928 as a revolutionary group to restore the caliphate and in the 1930s and during World War Two collaborated with the Nazis. After the war it launched a terrorist campaign against the government. When the military seized power in 1952, the Brotherhood was its main rival. The officers suppressed the Brotherhood, sending some leaders to concentration camps and others to the gallows.

On foreign policy, the Brotherhood is having great success in lulling the United States and the West to sleep, even supporting it as “moderate,” thus getting money and help from the West while denying it to the army or moderate forces. The Brotherhood would use its power to empty the Egypt-Israel peace treaty of content without officially abrogating the agreement. It could give a lot of support to Hamas and to the Jordanian and Syrian Brotherhood branches without getting directly involved in any conflicts.

[snip](more details)

And that’s why the Brotherhood approach generally succeeds and that of the Salafists fails. Of course, by their extremism the Salafists will push the Brotherhood into a tougher stance, and by their readiness to use violence, they will help crush moderates, women who want more rights, and Christians. The two groups will compete but they will also work together, at least tacitly, in fundamentally transforming Egypt.

This is a long and detailed article, full of valuable information. I invite people to read the whole thing and be informed. The Muslim Brotherhood is NOT a moderate organization. They are definitely NOT for democracy in any form. They're FOR Islamization and Sharia. Apologists for the MB are at best naive.

This is another manifestation of Taqiyya; lying for Islam. (http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/3756-Lying-for-Islam?highlight=Lying+Islam)

shaarona
09-16-2012, 09:54 AM
Why are you writing in huge script?

Muslim Brotherhood and "Salafists" are NOTHING alike, Trinnity. They haven't been alike for 60 years... and they are NOT like in Egypt.

Trinnity
09-16-2012, 11:07 AM
Why are you writing in huge script?

Muslim Brotherhood and "Salafists" are NOTHING alike, Trinnity. They haven't been alike for 60 years... and they are NOT like in Egypt.For easier reading and emphasis. The script is one size up, and I'll write as I please, with or without your permission.

MB and Salifists are in alliance. I can't help it if you won't see what's really going on.

shaarona
09-17-2012, 03:12 PM
OMG.. Barry Rubin? :smiley_ROFLMAO::smiley_ROFLMAO::smiley_ROFLMAO:

shaarona
09-17-2012, 03:14 PM
For easier reading and emphasis. The script is one size up, and I'll write as I please, with or without your permission.

MB and Salifists are in alliance. I can't help it if you won't see what's really going on.

Trinnity.. they have NEVER been in any alliance. For God's Sake.. MB is Egyptian and evolved from the writings of Sufi Sayeed Qubt..

Wahhabi are not political.. reject Nationalism and innovations for simplicity.

Barry Rubin is an idiot.

shaarona
09-17-2012, 03:16 PM
You like huge script, Trinnity?