PDA

View Full Version : James Carville Says Obama Should Panic

Conley
09-15-2011, 05:35 PM
People often ask me what advice I would give the White House about various things. Today I was mulling over election results from New York and Nevada while thinking about that very question. What should the White House do now? One word came to mind: Panic.

We are far past sending out talking points. Do not attempt to dumb it down. We cannot stand any more explanations. Have you talked to any Democratic senators lately? I have. It's pretty damn clear they are not happy campers.

This is what I would say to President Barack Obama: The time has come to demand a plan of action that requires a complete change from the direction you are headed.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/09/14/opinion/carville-white-house-advice/index.html?hpt=po_t2

A lot of this seems like common sense but Obama doesn't seem to get it? He and the country need to start with a new staff ASAP because what they're doing is not working. I know a lot of people want to see Obama fail but at the end of the day I want the POTUS to improve American lives and I don't much care what party he belongs to.

Mister D
09-15-2011, 05:46 PM
You mean the whole it's Bush's fault wasn't a good long term strategy? :o One good thing about BO's failure is that people seem to be coming to their senses. I too want the nation to do well but I can't honestly say I'm at all surprised by what's happened to him.

Conley
09-15-2011, 06:04 PM
You mean the whole it's Bush's fault wasn't a good long term strategy? :o One good thing about BO's failure is that people seem to be coming to their senses. I too want the nation to do well but I can't honestly say I'm at all surprised by what's happened to him.

Well, it's not just that he screwed up. He hasn't learned anything from his mistakes. Like the article says, Clinton fired people, Reagan did...Obama no. There is no accountability in his office. He's friends with Holder so that's supposed to be it then? I would be more forgiving of his initial mistakes if he had taken steps to fix them. Instead he just pushes the blame on to others and clings to the status quo. He is completely out of touch.

Mister D
09-15-2011, 06:09 PM

Well, it's not just that he screwed up. He hasn't learned anything from his mistakes. Like the article says, Clinton fired people, Reagan did...Obama no. There is no accountability in his office. He's friends with Holder so that's supposed to be it then? I would be more forgiving of his initial mistakes if he had taken steps to fix them. Instead he just pushes the blame on to others and clings to the status quo. He is completely out of touch.

That's because he has very little experience unlike all those mentioned including Clinton. This farce of a presidency shouldn't surprise anyone.

Conley
09-15-2011, 06:12 PM

That's because he has very little experience unlike all those mentioned including Clinton. This farce of a presidency shouldn't surprise anyone.

I don't know, I think it is more than not having experience. Put me up in the OO and even I would realize things need to be changed up.

Even if he has just surrounded himself with Yes Men he has to realize he's in terrible shape. Democrats won't even campaign with him. The state of denial he's in borders on pathological.

wingrider
09-15-2011, 06:35 PM
I would have to ask BO just one question

YOU MAD BRO?

Conley
09-15-2011, 06:49 PM
I would have to ask BO just one question

YOU MAD BRO?

:D

Mad as in 'insane'? Quite possibly :-\

I need to post up some of the U MAD BRO photos, I think you'd like em.

Mister D
09-15-2011, 07:08 PM

I don't know, I think it is more than not having experience. Put me up in the OO and even I would realize things need to be changed up.

Even if he has just surrounded himself with Yes Men he has to realize he's in terrible shape. Democrats won't even campaign with him. The state of denial he's in borders on pathological.

I think he does realize that he's in terrible shape. He just doesn't want to take responsibility for it. Yes, it strikes me a narcissistic but it seems like it's narcissism of an adolescent kind.

wingrider
09-15-2011, 11:02 PM
He kinda reminds me of the cheeze in those cracker commercial where the not ready cheeze is saying stupid stuff and the inspector checks the not ready box..

I will see if youtube has it and post it.

Cheez-It Commercial: Nacho Nacho (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGkXTsxJvd0#)

MMC
09-16-2011, 09:33 AM
Yes the Elitism shows. Pretty Bad when Carville is all public like with this.

Conley
09-16-2011, 09:37 AM
He kinda reminds me of the cheeze in those cracker commercial where the not ready cheeze is saying stupid stuff and the inspector checks the not ready box..

I will see if youtube has it and post it.

Cheez-It Commercial: Nacho Nacho (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGkXTsxJvd0#)

:D

Is that supposed to be Obama or Carville?

wingrider
09-16-2011, 09:51 AM
Obama of course .. he was in no way ready for the job he took

but than look at the bright side in nov of 2012 we can all say....

it's nacho job

MMC
09-16-2011, 09:55 AM
Obama of course .. he was in no way ready for the job he took

but than look at the bright side in nov of 2012 we can all say....

it's nacho job

Does this mean the Frito Lays won't be voting for him?

wingrider
09-16-2011, 09:57 AM
who is free to lay... I might be interested at that price

MMC
09-16-2011, 10:01 AM
who is free to lay... I might be interested at that price

Dunno.....but I would Check with CL. Seems he knows ALL ABOUT THOSE DORITOS. ;D

wingrider
09-16-2011, 10:02 AM
lucky stiff. isn't he

Conley
09-16-2011, 10:21 AM