PDA

View Full Version : The End of Israel - Have They Crossed the Rubicon

Conley
09-18-2011, 09:51 AM
JERUSALEM — As summer ends, Israel has become regionally isolated like at no other time in the past 35 years.

Anxiety and alarm seem to define reactions in Jerusalem as Israel momentarily found itself abruptly without an ambassador stationed in the capital of any of its three regional allies: Jordan, Egypt and Turkey, the latter of which expelled the ambassador following Israel’s refusal to apologize for the flotilla raid in which Turkish citizens lost their lives.

Some observers view this moment as a Rubicon from which Israel will not be able to turn back.

AS ISRAEL FINDS ITSELF ISOLATED, DISSENT WITHIN THE COUNTRY GROWS: Demonstrators pack the streets on September 3, 2011 in Tel Aviv, Israel. An estimated 400,000 Israelis protested across the country against rising housing prices and social inequalities in the Jewish state.

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/news/regions/middle-east/israel-and-palestine/110917/the-end-israel-we-know-it

I didn't know they were having such huge protests there also. Seems every country is protesting / rioting except the good ol U.S. of A. I think that's more due to the fact we just don't do those sorts of things for whatever reason (laziness? the way our country is so spread out? I dunno). I did see 50,000 people showed up to the National Day of Outrage or something like that.

Mister D
09-18-2011, 10:03 AM
Momentarily? Anyway, Turkey was wrong and there was a "revolution" in Egypt. Not sure about Jordan. The Mid East is in flux. I guess Israel is too.

Conley
09-18-2011, 10:05 AM
Momentarily? Anyway, Turkey was wrong and there was a "revolution" in Egypt. Not sure about Jordan. The Mid East is in flux. I guess Israel is too.

Yes, but even if Israel was in the right their position with their three former allies is tenuous at best, no?

Mister D
09-18-2011, 10:08 AM

Yes, but even if Israel was in the right their position with their three former allies is tenuous at best, no?

Hasn't it always been? Those relationships were established with the Arab leadership and elite. It's an insecure time for Israel but has there ever been a secure time?

Conley
09-18-2011, 10:10 AM
Yes, all true, but things are worse now than they have been in the past 35 years, I believe that is the point of the article. It's never been puppy dogs and rainbows over there to be sure.

Mister D
09-18-2011, 10:12 AM
Yes, all true, but things are worse now than they have been in the past 35 years, I believe that is the point of the article. It's never been puppy dogs and rainbows over there to be sure.

Agreed. It's certainly not a good situation. Why we ever supported this "Arab Spring" is beyond me. Does anyone think they will suddenly love us? ::)

Conley
09-18-2011, 10:14 AM

Agreed. It's certainly not a good situation. Why we ever supported this "Arab Spring" is beyond me. Does anyone think they will suddenly love us? ::)

Yeah...I am not really sure how much our support really did regarding the AS. In some instances we seemed to follow other countries' leads.

MMC
09-18-2011, 10:53 AM
Indeed Israel is now worse off than before. There wasn't to many problems on the Israeli Egyptian Border. Turkey's dispute with them continues to linger on. Plus now the Israelis had problems on the Syrian Border.

Both Israel and the US cannot stop the Palestinian move with the UN and their World Wide Media PR Tactic. Guess the only good thing is the Sunni cannot take time to focus on the Israelis as they are more focused on the Shia and their oppression and genocide.

Conley
09-18-2011, 11:01 AM
That and also I don't think the flotilla issue is settled. It sounds like others will challenge the barricade as well and deliberately try to start a confrontation. So that will remain an issue with Turkish relations to continue.

MMC
09-18-2011, 11:15 AM
That and also I don't think the flotilla issue is settled. It sounds like others will challenge the barricade as well and deliberately try to start a confrontation. So that will remain an issue with Turkish relations to continue.

Plus with Greece getting ready to default.....I don't think they wil be stopping anymore ships. Not Unless they get a call from us.