PDA

View Full Version : American Hikers Remain Held in Iran

Conley
09-18-2011, 11:15 AM
A bail-for-freedom deal for two Americans jailed as spies in Iran hit a snag Sunday because a judge whose signature is needed on the bail papers was on vacation, the prisoners' lawyer said, dashing hopes for their immediate release.

The attorney, Masoud Shafiei, said he could not complete the paperwork on the $1 million bail deal because a second judge who must sign the documents is on vacation until Tuesday. One judge already signed the papers Saturday.

"I have no choice but to wait until Tuesday," Shafiei told The Associated Press.

Shane Bauer and Josh Fattal, both 29 years old, have been jailed for more than two years in a case that has deepened the mistrust between Iran and the United States.

They were detained along the Iran-Iraq border in July 2009 with their friend Sarah Shourd. She was released last September with mediation by the Gulf nation of Oman after $500,000 was paid.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/iran-lawyer-fails-bail-deal-americans-14546034

This is crap...they've held these two guys for how long? Now I don't know who is dumb enough to go hiking around the border of Iran but even so....LET OUR PEOPLE GO! >:( Wonder who paid the 500k for the girl...horsecrap, that's just kidnapping and ransom.

MMC
09-19-2011, 01:32 AM
Yeah not to smart to be hiking around a country that is considered an enemy.

Conley
09-19-2011, 08:17 AM
Reminds me of all the S & R we have out West here from people too slow or whatever to respect Mother Nature. People get themselves into these situations and the rest of us wonder what if anything was going through their heads.