PDA

View Full Version : Is it permissible??????

eninn
09-24-2012, 08:20 AM
Is it permissible to medication, including the campus of allah?

The greatness of the sacrifice of Prophet Mohammad that he did not leave anything except tell us about it, that it is halaal, encouraged us to do if it is haram forbade him, and now live with some of the discoveries about the medical treatment taboos ..
It forbade the Prophet peace be upon him for medical treatment taboos such as alcohol, he said: (Allah sent down the disease, medicine and drug make every disease and treat sickness Vtdaowa and donot tdaowa by mahram) [Narrated by Abu Dawood].

Was asked the Holy Prophet peace be upon him medication for alcohol, he said: (It is not a remedy but it is a disease) [Narrated by Muslim]. And we know for sure today many injured him for the kinds of wines and alcohol, and enough to know that in Britain alone die every year due to addiction to alcohol more than (200) thousand people!

Extends the effects of alcohol bad for all the organs of the body and concentrated most of the effects in the nervous system. When the wine is absorbed in the stomach and moves through the blood to the brain, it disrupts the functioning of the organs and the brain loses the ability to balance and affect the respiratory centers of the brain and may lead to death.
The delicate and complex organs in the body are most affected by alcohol, sentence nerve, liver and endocrine glands, which causes serious disturbances have wine. Starts since the influence of alcohol drinking on the mouth, lips and tongue may appear runny or salivary dryness of the tongue, and may lead to cancer of the tongue. Alcohol also causes the expansion of the esophagus, blood vessels, leading to serious lesions. Recent studies also showed that most people with cancer of the esophagus are alcoholics.

The impact of alcohol on the stomach will cause the congestion of the mucous membrane and an increase in secretions of hydrochloric acid, resulting in the injury of chronic stomach ulcers, it may develop and lead to cancer of the stomach.
For the intestines and also when taking intoxicants get serious infections, and get shortness of absorption, as well as movement disorder .
We find the most serious impact of the share of the liver, where alcohol abuse leads to poisoning of the liver, and Greasiness and inflation. It is not surprising to know that in France, for example die every year more than twenty thousand people from cirrhosis of the liver resulting from the abuse of alcohol.
The heart also is not in isolation from the influence of alcohol, abused alcohol, we find one who disturbed his heart is not stable, and an increase in blood pressure affect the heart, leading to hardening of the arteries and to the fatal stroke.

The body is addicted to alcohol have lower immunity and resistance against diseases, making it easier for viruses to storm and destroy the body without any resistance. From here we have a clearer prophetic wisdom in the prohibition of alcohol, honest and evident sincerity of our words of the Holy Prophet peace be upon him: (Every intoxicant is wine and all wine is haram) [Narrated by Muslim].

It also proved the influence of alcohol on the fetus, a woman, which deals with alcohol, this wine enters the blood and absorbed by the fetus and may be affected seriously disfigured morally and mentally. And medical research has shown that drinking alcohol affects boys They find mostly vintage addicts. So the influence of alcohol extends to the descendants of the addict and his descendants, and here we find the Prophet's prohibition of alcohol no matter how small the damage to pay for rights.
Rahim says the Prophet peace be upon him: (What intoxicates in large quantities) [Narrated by Tirmidhi].

So what is forbidden by Allah and the Messenger is an injury to man, and commanded by God and His Messenger, the good and benefit a lot. Almighty says: (. And whatever the Messenger has given you - take; and what he has forbidden you - refrain from. And fear Allah; indeed, Allah is severe in penalty) [Hashr: 7].

Shoot the Goose
09-24-2012, 08:56 AM
^^^^ This one needs a double martini ^^^^

roadmaster
09-24-2012, 11:02 PM
In the Old Testament we are told not to drink strong drink to get drunk unless one was extremely ill.

MMC
09-24-2012, 11:08 PM
Wassssup Eninn.....Lets Not forget the Vikings Introduced Honey Mead to Arabs. Which was a natural beverage that was not distilled.

MMC
09-24-2012, 11:15 PM
Nor fermented! :wink:

eninn
09-29-2012, 07:26 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEDvEXG2Jmw

Akula
09-29-2012, 09:43 AM
What is allah's position on herbs? ;)

eninn
10-01-2012, 06:36 AM
wine was prohibited
-Example

Smoking
Not in the Qur'an
But
Falls under
Allah warned in the Holy Qur'an
Of anything that hurt health
Alcohol, drugs and smoking
Are all involved in one item

Allah says in the Holy Qur'an

195. And spend in the Cause of Allah (ie Jihad of all kinds, etc.) And do not throw yourselves into destruction (by not spending your wealth in the Cause of Allah), and do good. Truly, Allah loves Al-Muhsinun (the good-doers

All the rules in Islam

Imposed or prohibited
The foundation
Protection
Human

157. Those who follow the Messenger, the Prophet who can neither read nor write (ieMuhammad) whom they find written with them in the Taurat (Torah) (Deut, xviii, 15) and the Injeel (Gospel) (John xiv, 16), - he commands them for Al-Ma'ruf (ie Islamic Monotheism and all that Islam has ordained); and forbids them from Al-Munkar (ie disbelief, polytheism of all kinds, and all that Islam has forbidden); he allows them as lawful At-Taiyibat [(ie all good and lawful) as regards things, deeds, beliefs, persons, foods, etc.], and prohibits them as unlawful Al-Khaba'ith (ie all evil and unlawful as regards things, deeds, beliefs, persons, foods, etc.), he releases them from their heavy burdens (of Allah's Covenant), and from the fetters (bindings) that were upon them. So those who believe in him (Muhammad), honour him, help him, and follow the light (the Qur'an) which has been sent down with him, it is they who will be successful.
Surah Al-A'raf

MMC
10-01-2012, 06:47 AM
wine was prohibited
-Example

Smoking
Not in the Qur'an
But
Falls under
Allah warned in the Holy Qur'an
Of anything that hurt health
Alcohol, drugs and smoking
Are all involved in one item

195. And spend in the Cause of Allah (ie Jihad of all kinds, etc.) And do not throw yourselves into destruction (by not spending your wealth in the Cause of Allah), and do good. Truly, Allah loves Al-Muhsinun (the good-doers

All the rules in Islam

Imposed or prohibited
The foundation
Protection
Human

157. Those who follow the Messenger, the Prophet who can neither read nor write (ieMuhammad) whom they find written with them in the Taurat (Torah) (Deut, xviii, 15) and the Injeel (Gospel) (John xiv, 16), - he commands them for Al-Ma'ruf (ie Islamic Monotheism and all that Islam has ordained); and forbids them from Al-Munkar (ie disbelief, polytheism of all kinds, and all that Islam has forbidden); he allows them as lawful At-Taiyibat [(ie all good and lawful) as regards things, deeds, beliefs, persons, foods, etc.], and prohibits them as unlawful Al-Khaba'ith (ie all evil and unlawful as regards things, deeds, beliefs, persons, foods, etc.), he releases them from their heavy burdens (of Allah's Covenant), and from the fetters (bindings) that were upon them. So those who believe in him (Muhammad), honour him, help him, and follow the light (the Qur'an) which has been sent down with him, it is they who will be successful.
Surah Al-A'raf

So Eninn then how do you Explain the Opium? Hashish in Morocco? Hash oil and Kief? These are Muslims that are involved with such.....Correct?

Again the Viking Brought Honey Mead to the Arabs. Which did it not become a drink they could drink?

Stuck_In_California
10-01-2012, 06:51 AM
Endless Jihad: The Truth about Islam and Violence
>> LINK (http://www.catholic.com/documents/endless-jihad-the-truth-about-islam-and-violence)

eninn
10-05-2012, 07:21 AM
Endless Jihad: The Truth about Islam and Violence

2) George Bush and Dick Cheney killed WAAAYYYYYY more than 3,000 people. All I mostly see are people like you dancing in the streets and saying it was justified. You're the biggest hypocrite who's ever posted on this forum.

About the 9/11 comment ... what does that have to do with Islam? And are you sure no Muslims denounced the attacks? Because I'm pretty sure every high Sheikh and Mufti in Arab world did. Either you're completely lying or you'd rather not take the time to look it up, because a quick google search makes it quite clear.

http://www.pensitoreview.com/2008/02...-condemn-9-11/

http://kurzman.unc.edu/islamic-state...nst-terrorism/

"All Muslims ought to be united against all those who terrorize the innocents, and those who permit the killing of non-combatants without a justifiable reason. Islam has declared the spilling of blood and the destruction of property as absolute prohibitions until the Day of Judgment. ... [It is] necessary to apprehend the true perpetrators of these crimes, as well as those who aid and abet them through incitement, financing or other support. They must be brought to justice in an impartial court of law and [punished] appropriately. ... [It is] a duty of Muslims to participate in this effort with all possible means. "- Shaykh Yusuf Qaradawi

"Attacking innocent people is not courageous, it is stupid and will be punished on the day of judgement. ... It's not courageous to attack innocent children, women and civilians. It is courageous to protect freedom, it is courageous to defend oneself and not to attack. "- Shaykh Muhammed Sayyid al-Tantawi, imam of al-Azhar mosque in Cairo, Egypt

"There is no terrorism or a threat to civilians in jihad [religious struggle]." - Abdel-Mo'tei Bayyoumi, al-Azhar Islamic Research Academy, Cairo, Egypt

"[We] strongly condemn such activities that are against all humanist and Islamic morals. ... [We] condemn and oppose all aggression on human life, freedom and dignity anywhere in the world. "- Muslim Brotherhood

"Firstly: the recent developments in the United States including hijacking planes, terrorizing innocent people and shedding blood, constitute a form of injustice that cannot be tolerated by Islam, which views them as gross crimes and sinful acts. Secondly: any Muslim who is aware of the teachings of his religion and who adheres to the directives of the Holy Qur'an and the sunnah (the teachings of the Prophet Muhammad) will never involve himself in such acts, because they will invoke the anger of God Almighty and lead to harm and corruption on earth. "- Abdulaziz bin 'Abdallah Al-Ashaykh, chief mufti of Saudi Arabia

"You must know Islam's firm position against all these terrible crimes. The world must know that Islam is a religion of peace and mercy and goodness; it is a religion of justice and guidance ... Islam has forbidden violence in all its forms. It forbids the hijacking airplanes, ships and other means of transport, and it forbids all acts that undermine the security of the innocent. - 'Abdulaziz bin' Abdallah Al-Ashaykh, chief mufti of Saudi Arabia

"As a human community we must be vigilant and careful to oppose these pernicious and shameless evils, which are not justified by any sane logic, nor by the religion of Islam." - Shaikh Saleh Al-Luheidan, Chairman of the Supreme Judicial Council, Saudi Arabia

"Any attack on innocent people is unlawful and contrary to shari'a (Islamic law). ... Muslims must safeguard the lives, honor and property of Christians and Jews. Attacking them contradicts shari'a. "- Shaykh Muhammad bin 'Abdallah al-Sabil, member of the Council of Senior Religious Scholars, Saudi Arabia
Renowned Muslim scholar Yusuf al-Qaradawi denounced the attacks and the unprovoked killings of thousands of American civilians as a "heinous crime" and urged Muslims to donate blood to the victims. He did however criticise the United States' "biased policy towards Israel" and also called on Muslims to "concentrate on facing the occupying enemy directly", inside the Palestinian territories. [19] The alleged Hezbollah "spiritual mentor" and Lebanese Shia cleric Mohammed Hussein Fadlallah condemned the attacks.

Ahmed Yassin, the spiritual leader of Hamas, said he was not interested in exporting such attacks to the United States, however he criticized the "unfair American position"

Afghanistan's Taliban rulers condemned the attacks and also vehemently rejected suggestions that Osama bin Laden, who had been given asylum in Afghanistan, could be behind them. [20]

Huge crowds attended candlelit vigils in Iran, and 60,000 spectators observed a minute's silence at Tehran football stadium.

And on and on and on and on from thousands of top scholars affiliated with every major Islamic denomination and sect. Regardless, 9/11 was a political move. And you're terrible at criticizing Islam. All you've done is make yourself look like a childish fool in this thread. You need to learn something about 1) Islam 2) Proper debate, and then you can come back.

You are incredibly ignorant of Islam, society, culture, history, and reason. You are so narrow sighted to the point where you are unable to deduct reasonable conclusions from your bigoted and misguided world view. Not a single one of your posts has criticized Islam in any credible way. Instead, you've completely jumbled the actions of a wide variety of people's and cultures with the Islamic religion. People like you are not worth debating or discussing, because you have nothing to add to the conversation. While I can continually point out that we live in a more violent society than most Muslim countries, you still lay the blame of the worlds problems on the 1500 year old religion of Islam. We get it, the crimes of non-Muslims
Have nothing to do with there religion or society, they're just crazy, but the crimes of Muslims in any context has 100% to do with Islam. This is the mindset of the person who believes his viewpoint is credible. What a clown.

"Repel (evil) with what is better. Then will he, between whom and thee was hatred, become as it were thy friend and intimate. And no one will be granted such goodness except those who exercise patience and self-restraint." [Qur'an 41:34-35]

- See here
After the slander and lies against Islam in the events of 9/11

God grant victory to Islam after the injustice directly
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCALyYTN5Rs
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PS_TbmJ4H1g

eninn
10-05-2012, 07:23 AM
So Eninn then how do you Explain the Opium? Hashish in Morocco? Hash oil and Kief? These are Muslims that are involved with such.....Correct?

Again the Viking Brought Honey Mead to the Arabs. Which did it not become a drink they could drink?

The original
Holy Qur'an and the Hadith
See inside them well
Your life will completely upright
Honesty - maintaining secretariats - high morals - help others - away from adultery - murder - drinking alcohol - gambling - treason - honoring one's parents - kinship - the right of the neighbor - and so on .....
This is Islam

Muslim life always
Tied about the Qur'an Quran and Hadith
This constitution for life

Separation between religion and life, something is wrong
This is already happening in other religions

So
Society is going in the way of deviation
Adultery - murder - robbery - drinking alcohol - international attacks - family disintegration ......

In your point of view

Why is this happening?

This is the result away from the teachings of God and the prophets and messengers

Narrated 'Ubada Ibn-As−Samit: who took part in the battle of Badr and was a Naqib (a person heading a group of six persons), on the night of Al−`Aqaba pledge: Allah's Apostle said while a group of his companions were around him, " Swear allegiance to me for: 1- Not to join anything in worship along with Allah. 2- Not to steal. 3- Not to commit illegal sexual intercourse. 4- Not to kill your children. 5- Not to accuse an innocent person (to spread such an accusation among people). 6- Not to be disobedient (when ordered) to do good deed ." The Prophet added: " Whoever among you fulfills his pledge will be rewarded by Allah. And whoever indulges in any one of them (except the ascription of partners to Allah) and gets the punishment in this world, that punishment will be an expiation for that sin. And if one indulges in any of them, and Allah conceals his sin, it is up to Him to forgive or punish him (in the Hereafter) ." 'Ubada bin As−Samit added: "So we swore allegiance for these." (points to Allah's Apostle

Sahih al-Bukhary, The Book of Faith, Hadith Number:18, Narrated by: Obada Ibnus-Samit

Akula
10-05-2012, 10:08 AM
Oh..right..they all condemn it...yet they allow it to flourish in their countries.
Look, muslims are backward, intolerant and murderous and they have been for 1500 years. There are no civil rights, human rights, religious freedoms or dissenting opinions.
They are viewed with extreme suspicion because they EARNED extreme suspicion by their actions.
It's like pit bulls.
They can be very loving and good dogs and many are. but...there is that "attack" gene in them that could be triggered suddenly and unexpectedly...and that never works out well..for the dog or the victim so they are always viewed with suspicion.

truthmatters
10-05-2012, 10:10 AM
I cant wait for the day when most humans use facts instyead of old myths to operate their lives

Akula
10-05-2012, 10:12 AM
I cant wait for the day when most humans use facts instyead of old myths to operate their lives

Give an example of an "old myth operating someone's life"

AZFlyFisher
10-05-2012, 12:27 PM
Give an example of an "old myth operating someone's life"

truthmatters
10-05-2012, 12:31 PM
I dont believe in god.

I would but I have this thing were I need facts to prove something has a reason to believe in it.

Ive tried to shake this bad habit but I just cant pretend.

No matter how much I want to believe in things that are unprovable I jsut cant do it.

please forgive me for this flaw.

I still love you

Akula
10-05-2012, 12:35 PM
I have this thing were I need facts to prove something has a reason to believe in it.

Ive tried to shake this bad habit but I just cant pretend.

No matter how much I want to believe in things that are unprovable I jsut cant do it.

I actually laughed out loud.
You asking someone for facts to prove something they said...Now THAT'S funny. Ironic, too.

Akula
10-05-2012, 12:36 PM

Sorry...I don't get it?
Can you explain?

truthmatters
10-05-2012, 12:37 PM
I actually laughed out loud.
You asking someone for facts to prove something they said...Now THAT'S funny. Ironic, too.

Oh you left out the love I was giving you.

I love you

Akula
10-05-2012, 12:39 PM
Oh you left out the love I was giving you.

I love you

Source?
Proof?

AZFlyFisher
10-05-2012, 01:10 PM
Sorry...I don't get it?
Can you explain?

Your question was "Give an example of an old myth operating someone's life."

Genesis is an old myth.

There are people like Ken Ham and others who spend their entire life promoting this myth for profit.

Mister D
10-05-2012, 01:14 PM

Genesis is an old myth.

There are people like Ken Ham and others who spend their entire life promoting this myth for profit.

What is the myth of Genesis, AZ? :smiley:

AZFlyFisher
10-05-2012, 01:25 PM
What is the myth of Genesis, AZ? :smiley:

Do I have to read the Bible to you? Get one and look it up.

Mister D
10-05-2012, 01:28 PM
Do I have to read the Bible to you? Get one and look it up.

So you can't articulate yourself. Who saw that coming!? :rollseyes:

KC
10-05-2012, 01:28 PM

I'll give you that one. I have a lot of respect for many Christian Apologetics and scholars but Ken Ham is so full of shit.

AZFlyFisher
10-05-2012, 01:47 PM
So you can't articulate yourself. Who saw that coming!? :rollseyes:

I think we can agree Genesis is a myth, right? Why are you arguing with me?

"Moreover, the creation myth in Genesis is a statement about our ultimate origins. It is not an attempt to explain the how but to explain the why."

http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/2149-Bible-discussions?p=44384&viewfull=1#post44384

Mister D
10-05-2012, 01:54 PM
I think we can agree Genesis is a myth, right? Why are you arguing with me?

"Moreover, the creation myth in Genesis is a statement about our ultimate origins. It is not an attempt to explain the how but to explain the why."

http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/2149-Bible-discussions?p=44384&viewfull=1#post44384

Am I arguing with you? I asked you to articulate yourself.

Secondly, whether we agree or not depends entirely on what is meant by "myth".

Akula
10-05-2012, 01:59 PM

Genesis is an old myth.

I guess...I don't see how a picture of an advertising sign for a museum is an example of "a myth operating someone's life"

I don't see any relevance or connection at all.
Are you denying dinosaurs existed or that they're extinct?

Your obtuse "reasoning" and avoiding plain language explanations makes it hard to understand your meaning.

Mister D
10-05-2012, 02:00 PM
I guess...I don't see how a picture of an advertising sign for a museum is an example of "a myth operating someone's life"

Your obtuse "reasoning" and avoiding plain language explanations makes it hard to understand your meaning.

Everyone is a young Earth creationist in AZZ's world.

Akula
10-05-2012, 02:02 PM
Everyone is a young Earth creationist in AZZ's world.

geez..I don't know what that means either, really...
Never mind, though. Don't bother trying to get me up to speed....I have nothing to add to this thread anyway.
Thanks.

Mister D
10-05-2012, 02:03 PM
geez..I don't know what that means either, really...
Never mind, though. Don't bother trying to get me up to speed....I have nothing to add to this thread anyway.
Thanks.

No worries. Neither does he.

AZFlyFisher
10-05-2012, 02:14 PM
Am I arguing with you? I asked you to articulate yourself.

Secondly, whether we agree or not depends entirely on what is meant by "myth".

Okay, here we go with Mister D games, again.

Genesis is a myth whether you define it as a series of stories that pass down values and traditions, an imaginary or fictitious thing, or an unproved or false collective belief.

AZFlyFisher
10-05-2012, 02:19 PM

Ken Ham of Answers In Genesis and The Creation Museum has spent his entire life promoting the myth of Genesis as fact. That is "operating someone's life" in my opinion.

I'm understanding the definition of operating as "control the function of."

Mister D will now twist the definition of "operating" into a surgical term in order to prove me wrong, LOL.

Mister D
10-05-2012, 02:31 PM
Okay, here we go with Mister D games, again.

Genesis is a myth whether you define it as a series of stories that pass down values and traditions, an imaginary or fictitious thing, or an unproved or false collective belief.

:laugh: Again, whether we agree or not depends entirely on what is meant by "myth". You can't make this shit up...

Mister D
10-05-2012, 02:32 PM
Ken Ham of Answers In Genesis and The Creation Museum has spent his entire life promoting the myth of Genesis as fact. That is "operating someone's life" in my opinion.

I'm understanding the definition of operating as "control the function of."

Mister D will now twist the definition of "operating" into a surgical term in order to prove me wrong, LOL.

Actually, Mister D doesn't care about who Ken Ham is, what he's selling, or what you think of him. :smiley:

AZFlyFisher
10-05-2012, 02:49 PM
:laugh: Again, whether we agree or not depends entirely on what is meant by "myth". You can't make this shit up...

Should I write the definition I gave you again, slowly, in large letters, with a crayon? Would that help you?

:sign10:

Mister D
10-05-2012, 02:51 PM
Should I write the definition I gave you again, slowly, in large letters, with a crayon? Would that help you?

:sign10:

You didn't write the defintion, AZ. You wrote several. :laugh:

AZFlyFisher
10-05-2012, 02:51 PM
Actually, Mister D doesn't care about who Ken Ham is, what he's selling, or what you think of him. :smiley:

Jerry: I don't know how you can eat that spicy chicken.
George: George likes spicy chicken.
Jerry: What's that?
George: I like spicy chicken.
Jerry: No, no. You said "GEORGE likes spicy chicken."
George: No, I didn't!
Elaine: Yes, you did. You said "George likes spicy chicken."
Jerry: You're turning into Jimmy!
George: (irritated) George is getting upset!

AZFlyFisher
10-05-2012, 02:53 PM
You didn't write the defintion, AZ. You wrote several. :laugh:

Yes. I thought I covered it well. Thank you.

Mister D
10-05-2012, 03:06 PM
Yes. I thought I covered it well. Thank you.

Yes, you covered the different meanings of "myth" briefly but reasonably well. That said, I'll need to know exactly what you mean by "myth" before I can say I agree with you. :smiley_ROFLMAO:

Calypso Jones
10-05-2012, 03:13 PM
^^^^ This one needs a double martini ^^^^

uh huh, Maybe this muslim abstention from alcohol accounts for their hair trigger exploding vests.

AZFlyFisher
10-05-2012, 04:07 PM
Yes, you covered the different meanings of "myth" briefly but reasonably well. That said, I'll need to know exactly what you mean by "myth" before I can say I agree with you. :smiley_ROFLMAO:

Seriously? I gave you an inclusive definition.

eninn
10-08-2012, 07:58 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utcs1ixTLJ0

eninn
10-10-2012, 07:14 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNxXZ_4byMs&feature=related

Trinnity
10-10-2012, 08:31 AM
664FAIL. That's a museum.

Trinnity
10-10-2012, 08:37 AM
Eninn, can you buy bacon and ham where you live?

eninn
10-13-2012, 07:14 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3rgvzRHqB4
See What's in your tummy O eat pork you will feel nauseous and pork are the sanctity of God in Islamic law,

Peter1469
10-13-2012, 07:22 AM
Pork is tasty. I eat it very rarely now. It does have a bad ratio of transfatty acids (too many Omega 6s to 3s.) As long as you don't eat too much, you should be fine.

During the Gulf War we captured more prisoners than the MPs could handle. I handed out the pork patty meals to the Iraqis. They seemed to like them. But they were hungry.

Trinnity
10-13-2012, 07:43 AM
If you've never has a bacon, lettuce, and tomato sandwich, you've missed one of the best meals ever created.

Eninn, have you ever had any bacon (or pork) ?
We won't tell.

Captain Obvious
10-13-2012, 08:39 AM
Ribs!

Captain Obvious
10-13-2012, 09:33 AM
I could never understand the wacky religious food restriction thing. To be "kosher", you can only eat fish that has scales, meat from animals that aren't menstruating or something like that.

I'm so glad that (pork) baloney didn't carry over to Christianity.

Mister D
10-13-2012, 09:35 AM
I could never understand the wacky religious food restriction thing. To be "kosher", you can only eat fish that has scales, meat from animals that aren't menstruating or something like that.

I'm so glad that (pork) baloney didn't carry over to Christianity.

The idea behind those laws/customs is the ritual separation of Jews from non-Jews.

Captain Obvious
10-13-2012, 06:19 PM
The idea behind those laws/customs is the ritual separation of Jews from non-Jews.

I thought that's what the big noses were for.

:grin:

eninn
10-15-2012, 07:37 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsUbZjq4jI8