PDA

View Full Version : Ryder Cup War this week end

Carygrant
09-26-2012, 05:02 AM
The annual Ryder Cup this year promises to be great . Europe have dominated recently and whilst the top 3/4 world rankings are dominated by Europe and the British Isles specifically , this year the depth of the US squad looks stronger . Which is why the US are form favourites at about 8/13
. And the US has home advantage -- Chicago .
This event is invariably exciting and played in good spirit . I think the bookies have called the odds correctly but the US does not represent betting value for money .
Unless the Europeans thrash the US on Day 1 , the final result looks predictable . However , if Europe starts with a big push , the pressure on the US kids will be huge .

The linked report is well worth reading .

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/bunker-mentality/nine-reasons-us-win-ryder-cup-nine-reasons-084805559.html

Beevee
09-26-2012, 05:53 AM
I'm looking forward to the Tiger crash, which should be more significant than his previous SUV crash.

MMC
09-26-2012, 07:04 AM
Why do they call it the Ryder Cup for Golf? I mean I could see if they were Riding something while trying to put their little white ball into a hole. Myself I think they should put more Obstacles in the way. Maybe even a couple of targets where they have to get their little ball into a Hole up off the Ground.

Carygrant
09-26-2012, 09:30 AM
Samuel Ryder was one of a fantastic breed .
English ( naturally) and a late Victorian successful businessman , eccentric , philanthropist and warm , generous man . A true Liberal and Democrat . A Giver , not a Taker .
He was a major Golf sponsor in the 1920's and inaugurated this competition . i believe one or two of his relatives are still involved on the admin side .

MMC
09-26-2012, 09:57 AM
Samuel Ryder was one of a fantastic breed .
English ( naturally) and a late Victorian successful businessman , eccentric , philanthropist and warm , generous man . A true Liberal and Democrat . A Giver , not a Taker .
He was a major Golf sponsor in the 1920's and inaugurated this competition . i believe one or two of his relatives are still involved on the admin side .

Thanks Mr Grant.....as the only other Ryder I know is a Truck-Rental Company. Which btw is Nationwide. Didn't know how the Golf Outing, on how it came to be called such.

Goldie Locks
09-26-2012, 10:47 AM
I always thought it strange that it is the USA against all the European nations...LOL

MMC it's in Medinah IL. this year ya know???

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medinah_Country_Club)

Carygrant
09-26-2012, 11:09 AM
[QUOTE=Goldie Locks;141527]I always thought it strange that it is the USA against all the European nations...LOL

MMC it's in Medinah IL. this year ya know???QUOTE

People from Europe is not all European nations . (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medinah_Country_Club)
British Isles and Spain with an odd one here and there from Portugal , italy , Germany , Scandinavia .
Do you have any mountain men playing for you or piss heads like Daley ? We do enjoy broad cultural chats as we stroll round so prefer those who have a reasonable command of English .

Cigar
09-26-2012, 07:42 PM
I'm looking forward to the Tiger crash, which should be more significant than his previous SUV crash.

News flash ''' you do know he's playing on a team ... an American Team?

Something Republicans also showed they could care less about Country First.

That's OK, haters need to hate something.

MMC
09-30-2012, 11:15 AM
SO, Mr Grant and Goldie whats been goin on with your Ryder Cup. Heard Bush and Michael Jordan were sitting together and talking. Course some of the players said Jordan had been there all week.

Carygrant
09-30-2012, 11:54 AM
It has gone to form I regret to say --- must support "us" even though I knew and said we were unlikely to win .
Actually it was all over after Day 1 , imo , and our commentators are now praying for some miracle today to allow us to depart with heads held high . We needed at least one of our Big Guns to be an immediate Hero and galvanise the team .
it did not happen . Those that thought Rory was our man forget his age and inexperience of the team mentality . He has only just got used to the difficulties of winning as a single player . But it's good for the sport that the US have reversed the previous trend .
To be honest I have watched little and yesterday had a hectic business day here and earlier today in France . And ( sch) , my priorities are Football , World Cup Cricket and Golf number three .
But well played the US as I am sure congrats will be in order .

MMC
09-30-2012, 12:00 PM
It has gone to form I regret to say --- must support "us" even though I knew and said we were unlikely to win .
Actually it was all over after Day 1 , imo , and our commentators are now praying for some miracle today to allow us to depart with heads held high . We needed at least one of our Big Guns to be an immediate Hero and galvanise the team .
it did not happen . Those that thought Rory was our man forget his age and inexperience of the team mentality . He has only just got used to the difficulties of winning as a single player . But it's good for the sport that the US have reversed the previous trend .
To be honest I have watched little and yesterday had a hectic business day here and earlier today in France . And ( sch) , my priorities are Football , World Cup Cricket and Golf number three .
But well played the US as I am sure congrats will be in order .

Alright Mr Grant.....I figured you or Goldie would have the scoop. I heard the bit about Jordan and Bush on the radio. :wink:

Carygrant
09-30-2012, 12:42 PM
Are we convinced that this is not a PR stunt ? All the wire pictures show a very old man with a blank look stuck on his face .
Is there evidence that the corpse moved or imitated talking ?

MMC
09-30-2012, 12:43 PM
Are we convinced that this is not a PR stunt ? All the wire pictures show a very old man with a blank look stuck on his face .
Is there evidence that the corpse moved or imitated talking ?

Yeah, I tend to go with it since all sides of the spectrum were saying the same thing. :grin:

Carygrant
09-30-2012, 04:37 PM
Oh Dear , American character and ability coming under pressure again ---- ??

MMC
09-30-2012, 04:39 PM

Dunno did the BBC report about it? :wink:

Carygrant
09-30-2012, 05:09 PM
Is the impossible happening ?
Yet another conflict that the US just find it so difficult to handle ?
Another Iraq and Afghanistan ?

Carygrant
09-30-2012, 05:28 PM
The worst day ever for America .
Questions must be raised about their character .
Americans can't win .

Conley
09-30-2012, 05:29 PM
I blame Cigar for being in attendance...if he hadn't gone we would have won! :angry: :laugh:

MMC
09-30-2012, 05:50 PM
I thought we did win?

Conley
09-30-2012, 05:52 PM
I thought we did win?

We had a huge lead and f'ed it up...

Goldie Locks
09-30-2012, 05:52 PM
SO, Mr Grant and Goldie whats been goin on with your Ryder Cup. Heard Bush and Michael Jordan were sitting together and talking. Course some of the players said Jordan had been there all week.

Clinton called Captain Love from Italy to wish them well!!!

Conley
09-30-2012, 05:58 PM
Obama blames Bush for this disaster. :grin:

Beevee
09-30-2012, 05:59 PM
News flash ''' you do know he's playing on a team ... an American Team?

Something Republicans also showed they could care less about Country First.

That's OK, haters need to hate something.

And what do you have to say, now that his was the biggest contribution to the US defeat? No wins and a measly half point when it no longer mattered.

A has been, washed up and soon to be forgotten together with his old time pals Furyk and Stricker.

He never was a team player, yet for some reason previously idolised when he lost - which was more often than not.

He is far better putting his balls in a different type of hole these days.

Beevee
09-30-2012, 06:00 PM

I'm sure they'll paint it up as a win of some kind, like Vietnam, Afghanistan, Iraq and Cuba.

Conley
09-30-2012, 06:02 PM
He is far better putting his balls in a different type of hole these days.

[ ] Told
[ ] Fucking told
[ ] Toldasaurus Rex
[X] Cash for Told
[ ] No Country for Told Men

:laugh:

Carygrant
10-01-2012, 01:15 AM
I am sure one of you is dying to offer congratulations to a winning team representing an entity so full of liberals and multi culture supporters .

Carygrant
10-01-2012, 11:54 AM
Silly of me to expect manners and breeding to be present .
With two shocking Olympics as well , this is the Annus Horribilis for the fading USA .

MMC
10-01-2012, 12:02 PM
I am sure one of you is dying to offer congratulations to a winning team representing an entity so full of liberals and multi culture supporters .

Congrads Mr Grant, on the Comeback.....holds hand out to Shake <hiding the hand zapper under palm.>:wink: :evil:

Good thing it wasn't Tennis eh Mr Grant. :grin:

Cigar
10-02-2012, 07:55 AM
The US Choked ... :(

Beevee
10-02-2012, 09:18 AM
The US Choked ... :(

...........and why do you think they did?

Carygrant
10-02-2012, 02:29 PM
Interesting to know how many Reps and ex servicemen were playing .
Never pick people with recent losing form .